NUMB | D. MALFOY {EDITING}

By -consteIIations

❝You're fighting a war inside your head every single day. If that's not exhausting I don't know what is.❞ {ha... More

NUMB
EPIGRAPH
PROLOGUE
PART ONE
i. the dark lord
ii. hogwarts
iii. hidden feelings
iv. katie bell
v. room of requirement
vi. professor snape
vii. breakdown
viii. amortentia
ix. quidditch
x. slug club
xi. christmas break
xii. malfoy manor
xiii. conversations
xiv. firewhiskey
xv. rosier manor
xvi. the burrow
xvii. bellatrix lestrange
xviii. confrontation
xix. poison
xx. sectumsempra
xxi. astronomy tower
PART TWO
xxii. battle of the eight potters
xxiii. the wedding
xxiv. back to hogwarts
xxv. mirror of erised
xxvii. wandless magic
xxviii. the letter
xxix. secret place
xxx. forest of dean
xxxi. xenophilius lovegood
xxxii. the traitor
PART THREE
xxxiii. 12 grimmauld place
xxxiv. war
xxxv. fenrir greyback
xxxvi. battle of hogwarts
xxxvii. lord voldemort
xxxviii. goodbye
xxxix. welcome back
100K READS!!!!
xl. an announcement
xli. lies
xlii. the truth
xliv. america
xlv. love letters
xlvi. i'm sorry
EPILOGUE
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
UNSPOKEN CANONS AND AUTHOR'S FUN FACTS
{quick update + poll}
[BONUS] i. first kiss

xxvi. detention

13K 564 118
By -consteIIations

« DETENTION »

         It was past noon when Neville found Anastasia in the library. He reminded her about the horrible detention they had to face in Carrow's office and then they parted to the other side of the castle.

          The pair walked in silence through the almost empty and dark corridors, the brunette missed the old days when the school was happy and students laughed and played everywhere. Hogwarts had changed.

          "I see you came." They both stopped in their tracks at the sound of the evil voice behind them. "Quite late, I might add." She looked down at her pocket watch.

          "Your office is very far, Professor." The Gryffindor interfered, frowning.

          "Silence." The woman snapped and shoved the pair into the dim office. Not even the moon could shine inside, the candles poorly illuminated the place. "Sit there, both of you." She demanded, making the brunette to flinch.

          Anastasia groaned under her breath when the pain in her forearm began bothering her, again. The evil woman seemed to notice because she cautiously strode to face her.

          "How are you feeling, Rosier?" Her tone was full of mischief, and Anastasia rolled her eyes with annoyance. "Don't be shy. There is something that must be bothering you." Her eyes glanced at the girl's forearm, clutched in her chest.

          "I don't see how that is relevant with detention, professor." Anastasia grumbled, frowning at the woman.

          "I see," She smirked and pointed at the two quills in front of the pair, "Longbottom, you will write I must not tell lies, 100 times. Can you do that?" Neville nodded. The woman then turned to face the fuming Slytherin. "You will write the same, but 200 times." She smirked.

          Anastasia and Neville turned to look at each other with a frown. They heard about this type of detentions, and Anastasia had suffered it before when she was in fifth year and Umbridge caught her lying about where she was going. When she was in the Dumbledore Army.

          As soon as the tint made contact with the parchment, the brunette felt the sickening pain taking over her right hand and mixing with the burning in her forearm. She wanted to yell at the woman and cry everything she had bottled up, but she somehow managed to keep still. Neville's groans made her snap her head at his direction, she sent him a reassuring smile and ordered him to stop doing it.

          Making sure the Death-Eater wasn't paying attention. Anastasia took Neville's quill and began scribbling the sentences with quick movements. She knew Neville didn't deserve it, so she made sure to write the sentences left to make the one hundred.

          "Write the last one." The girl whispered and continued writing in her own parchment with her own quill.

          Neville smiled at her and quickly wrote down the sentence once more. In that exact moment, the evil woman turned to face him and the smirk fell from her features when she noticed that the Gryffindor had finished his task.

          "You can leave, Longbottom." She growled, clearly annoyed he finished that early.

          The Gryffindor stood there, sharing glazes with Anastasia still seated in the chair and arms rested over the table. She nodded and he hesitantly left the office with a pounding heart and regretting to leave his friend alone with the Death-Eater.

          "Now, Rosier," Anastasia didn't stop writing when the woman called for her. "Look at me, I'm talking to you." She exclaimed.

          "I don't need my eyes to hear you, professor." The brunette sassed, biting her lip to stop the tears of pain in her eyelids. She only needed thirty sentences more and she'd be free.

          "How dare you to talk to me like that! You insolent blood—" The woman yelled but was interrupted by the door being burst open. Anastasia turned her head to meet the headmaster looking at her with an emotionless glare.

          "Now, professor." Snape spoke out with his monotone voice. The girl looked away, still angry at him for killing Dumbledore. "I must have a word with you. In private." His head turned to the Slytherin. "Miss Rosier, you can leave."

          Anastasia nodded and stood up from the uncomfortable chair she had been seating for almost an hour. Her eyes traveled between the two adults and walked out of the office with the pain still bothering her hand, but the burning in her forearm stopped with every step she took. Her eyes glanced at the red hand and began rubbing the spot where her handwriting was, trying to stop the pain.

She stopped right in front of the Slytherin common room entrance and quickly muttered the password, the door bursted open and she trailed inside. Pansy was the first one to notice the girl entering and quickly stood up from her arm-chair and walked to her.

"Look who we have here." She sneered, blocking Anastasia to keep walking.

The brunette looked up from her hand and connected her eyes with the evil teenager in front her. A smug smirk appeared in her features as she pushed Pansy out of the way, making her to collide with the floor.

"Bloody hell—" Blaise began but was cut off by the death glare the brunette was sending him.

Anastasia turned around and climbed the steps to reach her room, where she slept alone and spent most of her time trying to finish the map to find her friends. She left her bag somewhere in the room and rubbed her hand, groaning every time she was too harsh with the wound.

Suddenly, she collided with something and made her stumble backwards. Her head snapped up but gasped almost instantly at the sight in front of her.

Draco was there, looking at her with amusement and the books she had been reading in his long, pale hands. Both teenagers stood speechless at the presence of each other, Anastasia's eyes traveled over his features and how different he looked since the last time he saw him. Paler, thinner and unhappy.

"D—Draco?" She asked, stepping closer to the quiet boy. Her hand flew to his cheek and gently caressed it, her lower lip was quivering.

His hand instantly found hers in the low lights of the room. Their eyes were glued and Anastasia quickly forgot about the pain from her hand, she felt her heart pounding in her chest and blinked several times to make sure she wasn't dreaming.

Anastasia jumped over him and wrapped her arms around his neck. Sobbing, she hid her face in the crock of his neck and focused on feeling his heartbeat in his chest. The platinum-blonde boy held her close to him and rested his chin in her bony shoulder, his hand traced circles in her back.

"I—I can't believe you're here." The brunette whispered, not breaking the hug. "H—How?" She asked, breaking apart but her hands still wrapped around his neck.

"Since Snape is headmaster, I can Apparate every time I want." Draco softly explained, looking down at her. "I missed you, very much." He pulled her close to him again, resting his chin in the top of her head.

"I—I," She began but the words got caught in her throat.

"I know you probably hate me, but—" He stammered, cupping her delicate face in his pale, cold hands. "I'm so sorry, Rosie." He broke down, letting his feelings take over him.

Anastasia exhaled calmly and crashed her lips over his in a desperate way. She cherished to feel the touch of his lips again, and there she was, kissing the boy she loved deadly. Draco's hand wrapped around her again and pressed her lips against his again.

"I love you, Malfoy." She whispered, half-smiling.

"I love you too, Rosier." He whispered back, resting his forehead against hers with a sweet look in his grey eyes. His finger caressed her wet cheek and placed a kiss in her pink lips again.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

*sobbing* my babies.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 490 16
"𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬." "𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐛𝐢𝐠, 𝐇𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐚. 𝐁𝐢𝐠 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐮𝐬." Two best friends, m...
3.8K 134 35
Talks of magic and witchcraft have been quickly scattering throughout the lands. One name, however, seems to almost always follow these rumors. Malfo...
656 33 27
When strong emotions meet a dormant line of ancient magic that was thought to of gone extinct resurfaced along with the Dark Lord, everyone is on edg...
81.8K 2K 62
„𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞. 𝐁�...