Defender of Man

By Therandombandgirl

Leda is part of the 100. But there's something different about Leda. One little fact that put her into isolat... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Ground
Chapter 2: Bioluminescence
Chapter 3: We're not alone
Chapter 4: The Queen

Chapter 5: You're pretty too

247 11 3
By Therandombandgirl

I climbed the ladder quickly a damp cloth clutched in one hand. Jasper's moans of pain put me on edge so I have been jumpy all day. The only person in the camp who seems completely unaffected by the constant cries of pain is Aleksy and for that I am jealous of him. Its also a good thing because even though Bellamy offers every time he see's me, I can watch him myself. He's currently in the room with Monty, Finn, Clarke, Wells, and the dying Jasper. Well not dying yet but he will be soon if we cant do anything. "My mother would know what to do." Clarke wasn't wrong. I took my last step off the ladder as Well made his way to crouch beside Wells. "How's he doing?" He asked and I sighed. She's going to snap at him. He's been nothing but kind to her but she's going to snap at him. I know she thinks he killed her father but, I think he's covering for someone. "How do you think he's doing?" Clarke snapped and I rubbed my face. "I'm just trying to help." He stated calmly. I leaned over Clarkes shoulder as Jasper made a particularly loud protest to her cleaning of his wounds. "You wanna help?" I asked, taking a seat on the other side of Jasper. "Finn can you take Aleksy down to Bellamy real quick?" I asked and he nodded picking up Aleksy from where he was playing with a fabric bunny that Finn made him.

"Monty, I need you and Wells to hold him down." I commanded and they both came over to brace Jasper to the drop ship. "Clarke heat the blade." I instructed. She's already doing it. She knows this stuff she's a good doctor she just doubts her skills too much. She tried to hand me the knife but, I shook my head. "Your hands are steadier than mine." I stated. I traced a pattern on his skin and she understood. She began cutting around the infected area on his wound. He let a scream and I yelled for everyone to hold him still as I pressed on one side of him. His eyes started fluttering and then rolled back in his head. I reached forward and checked his pulse. It was fast. Faster than it should be but that's just due to the pain. "You're killing him!" I looked up to see Octavia jogging over to us. Finn had just returned himself and now he's taking my place at holding down Jasper. "She's trying to save him." Finn argued and I stood up to walk over to Bellamy as he had one arm wrapped around Aleksy keeping his face to Bellamy's muscular shoulder.

"She can't." Bellamy argued looking down at me as I held my arms out for Aleksy. He shook his head and I furrowed my eyebrows. What does he mean 'no'? That's my son! Bellamy turned a little and I could see that Aleksy was actually asleep. Oh. "Back off." I looked up to see the muscular and even slightly taller Wells looking down on Bellamy. "We didn't drag him for miles in the woods just to let him die." That was Clarke arguing this time. I stayed quiet trying to let them handle this. I don't want to be on either groups bad side. "The kid's a goner. If you can't see that you're deluded. He's making people crazy. " I bit my tongue to fight back an argument. "I'm sorry that Jasper is an inconvenience to you but, this isn't the Ark. Down here, every life matters!" Clarke stated firmly still not turning to face us. I glared a little at Bellamy and when he saw it he softened slightly. "Just take a look at him. He's a lost cause." It was silent. From where I was standing I could see everyone's broken faces as they looked down at Jasper.

"Octavia, I spent my whole life watching my mother heal people. If I say there's hope, there's hope." Clarke stated and I nodded firmly at her. "This isn't about hope. This is about guts." I looked back up at Bellamy. "You don't have the guts to make he hard decisions, I do. He's been like this for three days. If he isn't better by tomorrow I'll kill him myself." I looked up at Bellamy. He's being kind. He's trying to do what he thinks is right. The others may not see it but, I do. The people here are hard to lead and not afraid to pressure their leaders. He's taking a risk right now by not listening to his boys and killing Jasper. He doesn't act like it but, he doesn't want Jasper to die just as much as we don't. He walked to the ladder and called out for Octavia. "I'm staying here." She said and he looked at me. I gestured to the ladder and he nodded. I sent Monty a sad smile before following Bellamy down. I got a few hours of sleep after that on Bellamy's orders. He was right to say that I haven't been sleeping much sense the night we slept together in his bed. I was right to argue back and say he hadn't either. However, I lost the argument and turned in for a few hours of sleep before joining Clarke the next morning as she picked at the salve that had been put on Jaspers wound by the grounders.

She was talking to Finn when I walked over. "Whatever,this stuff is, it had to have antibiotic properties." She stated as I came to a stop. I started to ask for it but Wells spoke first. "Let me take a look." He took a piece of it. To my surprise he handed me a piece too. "Before you argue remember who aced botanty in Earth skills." He stated then he nodded at me to take a look too. "Leda is just a genius I think." "The grounders used as a poultice. I'm thinking a tea might be more effective if we can figure out what it is." Clarke stated and I nodded. "I know what it is. It's seaweed." Wells stated. I hmmed in agreement. "Yeah, just look at the root structure.There isn't one." I added. "Well then there must be a water source nearby." Clarke stated. I nodded. "Yeah, it would have to have a slow current, lot's of rocks-" I started. "The water would probably be more red than green." Wells added and I nodded. "I know just the place." Finn stated and they all stood up. "Let's go." I stepped back. Clarke and Finn started walking away. Wells gave me an exasperated look. I whistled loudly and Clarke and Finn turned back. "Hey, Wells knows what this looks like do you? Cause I'm not going with you today." I stated. Clarke looked reluctant but soon she was off with Finn and Wells.

I went to find Bellamy. "Hey, where's Al?" I asked and he looked down at me. "He's with Octavia and Monty." He stated and I nodded. I noticed he had a group with him and they are all armed. "Going hunting?" I asked and started walking with them out of the camp. Bellamy nodded. "Yes." He stated and I nodded. "Good. I'm a great tracker I can help." He wanted to argue but before he could I stole some kids spear and started leading the group. It didn't take me long to find the prints I neaded. I followed the signs of broken twigs and patches of fur to a small clearning where a boar was grazing. "Shhh...She's mine." Bellamy whispered to the others in the group as he stepped forward. I followed close behind him with my own small spear raised so I could throw it if he missed. Right as he was about to take the shot there was a crack behind us. He turned around and quickly threw his hatchet. I tossed my spear and it landed in the flank of the boar. It wasn't deep and the boar began to run but I let the others chase it. I turned to see what Bellamy had thrown his hatchet at. A little girl, no older than thirteen was standing right beside a tree with Bellamy's hatchet sticking out of it. Damn.

"Who are you?" Bellamy demanded as he strided towards her. "Charlotte." She responded and I sighed. She's the second youngest of the hundred. "Why aren't you back at camp?" I asked much gentler. I looked over to see Adam had joined us too. "Well, with the dying kid I just...couldn't listen anymore." I felt a pang of sympathy for the girl. "There's grounders out here. It's not safe for a little girl." Bellamy said firmly and Charlotte straightened up with a determined look. "I'm not little." Oh, kid. You are definitely little. "She's smaller than me!" She said pointing at me. I looked at myself in mild offense. Well, as far as build she's not really wrong. I mean I'm taller but not by much. I crossed my arms and huffed as Bellamy arched his eyebrow in amusement. I tilted my nose up in defiance and turned away from him to follow after the other idiots. "Here. You can't hunt without a weapon. Ever killed anything before?" I glanced over my shoulder to see Bellamy handing her a knife. "Er..no." Bell shook his head and started to follow after me. "Who knows? Maybe you're good at it."

The hunt was nearly over when we heard it. A horn going off. Soon a thick cloud of fog started to engulf everything. When it touched the skin it immediately started eat away at it. Soon we were all running. The soreness in my side left me at an awkward gallop. Beside me a body hit the ground. Adam yelled out as the fog started covering him. I started to help him but a hand grabbed me and began to pull me into a cave.
When I realized who was holding me I spun to face his chest. Bellamy wrapped his thick arms around me as we listened to Adam screaming for his help. After giving me a firm squeeze, Bell pulled away and I could see the only person with us is Charlotte. We must have gotten separated from the rest.  We trekked further into the cave, avoiding the acid fog until the air was easier to breathe. With a little help from my photographic memory and earth skills classes I managed to start a fire so we could see.
"Are you okay?" It had been silent since Adams screams died off so I jumped a bit when Bells voice broke it. Glancing over I noted that Charlotte was asleep. "She's so young. Yet even she is an adult compared to Al. What if I didn't do the right thing?" I asked and looked over at Bellamy. He looked at me softly. Again using that side of him no one but me and Octavia get to see. I wonder why I'm seeing it but, no complaints. "When? When we left Adam or when you saved Al?" He asked and I sighed. "He was so little. A newborn baby. So tiny with his little fingers. His eyes were so blue and he had that little tuft of hair. So innocent. I knew I couldn't just leave him. Yet, maybe I should have. He was gonna be killed. Never did he have an outcome where he could live a full life. And surely he wouldn't even remember me when he did get older. Now, here, I like to think he has a chance but, this planet may be more dangerous than the ark. There's freaking acid fog and giant river snakes or whatever! Why would I save him for him to die so soon! Maybe it would've been less cruel to just let her kill him!" I cried and pounded my fist into the rocky floor beside me. Charlotte jumped a bit in her sleep so I stuck my knuckle in my mouth to try and halt the scream of frustration that's building in my throat. "The same reason I didn't let them take Octavia when she was born. That innocent look on her face. She did nothing wrong. I never imagined we would be here. I never imagined she would get to live but she has. This world is hard and dangerous but so was the ark. Aleksy has a chance and you couldn't give up on him no matter how slim it was." He answered and I felt frustration tighten in my chest. I went to hit the ground again but Bellamy stopped me. He grabbed my arm and pulled me into his lap. "They gave up on me! They gave up on you!" I snarled and he nodded. "Yes. But we aren't them. We couldn't do it. We still can't. That's why we are leaders." He soothed. "And that's why you saved an innocent child. That's why you are a good mother." He continued and I sighed, giving up on my squirming and settling again his chest.
"Bellamy." I asked after a while of just listening to his heart beat and letting him play with my hair. "Yes?" "Why are you so nice to me?" He didn't stop his fingers weaving my hair. Instead he let one of them roll against my neck making my breath catch in my throat for a second. "I'm not sure why. I thought it was because of Aleksy at first. Then I thought it had something to do with your stubborn determination, or maybe even your pretty face. But it's not just that. It's just you. Everything about you makes me feel different. I can't push you. I can't lead you. But as frustrating as that is, I admire you for it. You're so hard and tough then suddenly your singing to a baby beside my bed in the middle of the night. I can't help but be this way to you." He answered and I looked up at him.
"You think I'm pretty?" I teased and he laughed. "That's what you got out of it?" He asked and I shrugged. "Yes. You're beautiful." He answered. Serious again. I smiled and reached to straighten his messy hair. He made a face and swatted at me. "You're pretty too." "Thanks." He said sarcastically and I grinned again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228 4 15
"𝐒𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐀𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 π›πž 𝐚 𝐟π₯𝐨𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫," marcus kane always told his daughter, madeline when she was young. she was different, adventurous, a...
460K 10.8K 32
Bellamy/OC (Based on the TV series 'The 100') "Lose a little to save a lot," he said, "don't worry about one dead person, worry about the other peopl...
305K 6.1K 24
Cora was very well known in the ark, when she and 99, plus one, others were sent to the ground she struggled to adapt to the new surroundings as did...
311K 10.3K 33
{Book 1 of 3} 𝙒𝙄𝙇𝙇 π˜½π™€ π™€π˜Ώπ™„π™π™„π™‰π™‚ π™Žπ™Šπ™Šπ™‰! I came to the ground being one of the 100s. Clarke Griffin kept an eye on me, they all did reall...