Pen Friends

By aanavats01

Ranked #1 in Letter category (11-May-2018) Ranked #22 on (11-05-2018). Ever wondered in this 21st century whe... More

Chapter 1 - Introduction!!
Chapter 2 - Nial Morgan!!
Chapter 3 - Lone Boy!!
Chapter 4 - Austin Williams!!
Chapter 5 - Pretending Friends!!
Chapter 6 - I've Nothing Special!!
Chapter 7 - Surprise!!
Chapter 8 - Happy Friendship Day!!
Chapter 9 - Secret Admirer
Trapped!!
Chapter 10 - Party!!
Chapter 11- Secrets!!
Chapter 12 - Locker!!
Chapter 13 - Broken Heart!!
Chapter 14 - Face Time!!
Chapter 15 - Kate Perish!!
Chapter 17 - Hangout!!
Chapter 18 - I Hate Rain!!
Chapter 19 - My Sketch!!
Chapter 20 - I'm screwed!!
Chapter 21 - Play!!
Chapter 22 - Joy!!
Chapter 23 - Party Part 1
Chapter 24 - Party Part 2!!
Chapter 25 - Happy Birthday!!
Chapter 26 - Nial Is Not Mine!!
Chapter 27 - On A Mission!!
Chapter 28 - Max, My Boyfriend!!
Chapter 29- Mom's Friend!!
Chapter 30- Hate Austin!!
Chapter 31- Unknown Feelings!!
Chapter 32- Bipolar Austin!!
Chapter 33 - Deal!!
Chapter 34 - Kate Loves Rian!!
Chapter 35 - Big Change!!
Chapter 36 - I'm Special!!
Chapter 37- Rian leaving!!
Chapter 38- Shopping!!
Chapter 39- Austin sucks!!
Chapter 40- Special Guest!!
Chapter 41 - Rian's Ex!!
Chapter 42 - Let Her Go!!
Chapter 43 - Unexpected Guest!!
Chapter 44 - His Confession!!
Chapter 45 - Austin's Fan!!
Chapter 46 - Weak Moment!
Chapter 47- Rian's plan!!
Chapter 48 - Run For Life!!
Chapter 49 - I'm Not Sorry!
Chapter 50 - First Date!
Chapter 51 - Valentine's Day Special!
Chapter 52 - Crazy Austin!!
Chapter 53 - Nana Is Ill!!
Chapter 54 - I Like You!
Chapter 55 - Can It Be Love?
Chapter 56 - I'm Jealous!!
Chapter 57 - Goodbyes!!
Chapter 58 - Stay!
Chapter 59 - Letters!!
Chapter 60 - Promise!!
Chapter 61 - In Love!!
Epilogue!!
BONUS Chapter!!

Chapter 16 - Punishment!!

2K 155 24
By aanavats01

Nicole's P.O.V.

Next morning, I woke up late. I was not willing to go to college today, actually more like willing my stomach was churning with an unknown emotion actually. Only mere thought of seeing Nial is making me jittery.

He could be such a sadist, I've never ever thought. But, he never did any bad to me, still I can't wait for the time when he'll use me and make my life hell like Austin's.

I'm feeling sorry for Austin and I wonder how could Austin talk to Nial so casually after so much happening? That boy is actually something, but I ain't interested in knowing him too.

I got ready for the college and after carrying my bag pack, I reached the table for my breakfast. My mom and dad were also there. Wow, rarest sight to see.

"Good morning", I wished them.

My dad who was busy reading his business paper looked up and said, "Morning", in his business voice.

Usually girls are said to be 'Daddy's princess or Daddy's little girl', but in my case I'm none. I'm just Nicole, simple. Hope you get that, a strange kind of relation we share, he's my biological father, who gave birth to me and then forgot, I guess!!!

"Aren't you late for the college?", My mom asked whilst pouring tea for my dad.

"Yes, I'm but I'll just have my breakfast and then I'll leave for the college", I replied.

"You must change your wardrobe Cole, just look at you. This is what you call a dress?", The fashion designer in my mom spoke.

I looked at myself, I've worn a black shirt, and a blue jeans with my converse. Well, this is actually a best dress, isn't it?

"I like this way only mom. Please don't get start in the morning", I replied. I'm fed up with her repeated pointing out of my attire.

"You're hopeless. I wonder how Cali is your friend? Just look at that girl how nicely she carry herself. You should learn something from her, at least wear something feminine", she again said.

I looked at my dad, he was so busy in his paper, as if he is not even present here. In a normal family, dad came to protect their daughter but why am I even hoping anything? I picked up an apple and got up.

"I'm getting late, I'll talk to you later", I said to my mom.

"Take the car, we've some reputation in the society, why do you always go to college by foot?", she commented from back but I just speed up my pace and moved out of my so called home.

Thanks to my converse that I can walk fast, it's useless to walk in those feet killing heels for so much hours in the college.

I love my legs and I can't punish them for the sake of fashion and fame. I'm very happy in my non fame and not so popular image,Thank you very much.

I reached the college and straightway went to the library to check for any letter. Funny right, how eager I'm to read the letter written by a stranger. I opened the locker and found the letter and I took it out from the locker. Since, the library was empty, I occupied a seat and opened the letter.

It says,

Isn't it fun?? You don't know me, so I could share anything with you and you won't judge me also. I'm doing all this for myself, yes I'm selfish but I really wanted to be this way only!!

Lone boy.

A smile spread over my face. Only if I would also be a unknown face for him then I could share my feelings with him. But, now I can't. I really need a friend with whom I can share my all frustrations. Cali is my friend but she too had a life, she can't be with me all the time.

I wrote on the letter,

Yes, you're right. I wish I could say the same. But yes, I would love to help you. You can share anything with me, don't worry, I won't let you down.

Happy girl!!

I placed the letter back at it's place and left the library. I saw Ashley in the way coming along with Austin. She was holding his hand. I watched the two from the distance.

Ashley was continuously talking to him and was laughing and she was falling on him again and again whilst the boy was in his own dreams. He wasn't even paying attention at her and was just giving a nod or two. He was looking here and there and girls were going crazy on whosoever Austin look.

Crazy people!!

I ignored them and opened my locker and took out my notebook of English. I turned and saw Austin and Ashley coming towards me only.

Go away, I mentally said.

"Hey", Austin said with an unreadable expression.

Seriously? Why is he talking to me?

"Hello", I replied and forced a smile at both of them and Ashley mirrored my response.

I don't hate Austin but still we're not friends and don't share good terms. I pity him!! That's wrong, I know but what can I do? My prospective of looking at him have taken a drastic change from hatred to sympathy but the reason behind it is same and that's Nial!!

"Are you going to class?", He asked.

Isn't it obvious? Sarcastic girl in me commented!!

"Yes", I replied and he also nodded. Fine, enough of awkwardness for one day.

"Okie, bie", I replied and left.

I moved to the class and sit with one of my classmates and opened my notebook. Haley, my classmate who is actually a nerd, patted my shoulder.

She adjusted her glasses and asked me, "Are you Rian's friend?".

I looked up from my notebook and asked her, "Why?".

"He's staring at you from past five minutes", she said with a smirk and my eyes in reflex searched for Rian.

I saw he was sitting in the row adjacent to mine and was looking at my side. I felt my cheeks heated up, this so embarrassing. He waved his hand at my side and I just passed a smile.

What's his problem now?

I didn't looked up from my notebook after that and started drawing at the back of my notebook, which is most of us do to pass the time. A person's notebook last page hold a lot of stories.

I felt Haley getting up and leaving the seat with her stuffs. I didn't bother to ask even. I was just trying to prevent any eye contact with Nial. I need time to face him, and may be this time I won't like him.

"Wow, what a lovely sketch!!", I heard someone saying and I saw Rian came and he sat next to me.

"This seat is taken, you can't sit here", I replied.

"I guess your partner likes my partner more so she exchanged the seat with me", he said with a wink. I saw Haley was sitting with Mike, and was looking quite happy.

Screw you!!

I then passed a smile, a fake one to Rian and then before he could say anything Mrs. Martin came to my rescue.

She started teaching about Shakespeare and I tried my best to pay attention until and unless someone nudged me. Any guess, right Rian.

"What?", I mouthed him gritting my teeth and making sure that Mrs. Martin don't watch us.

"Coffee with me", he whispered and I shake my head in No.

"Please", he again said and I again denied.

He kept asking and I kept denying. I'm in no mood to go anywhere, why can't he understand?

But then I guess my stars were against me and Mrs. Martin noticed us.

"Nicole and Rian, can you guys tell us what's so important discussion you're doing?", Mrs. Martin said.

Me and Rian got up from our seats. He had that sly smile on his face as if he's being rewarded by something. Everyone's eyes were towards us, I wish I would've the power to get invisible.

"And what's there to smile Mr. Louis?", She asked to Rian.

"Nothing mam, I was wondering weather are you going to punish us or not?", He asked and I just give him my best death glare.

Did you hear him? Had he gifted his most important possession aka brain to someone?

"First of all you're disturbing the class and now you're feeling happy for doing that. Both of you get out of the class and you won't be attending the class until the next week", she said.

"But Mrs. Martin, I've not done anything. He's the one who disturbed me", I said.

"Two week Cole", she said.

Pardon me!!

"But-", I again tried to protest but then she cuts me off and said, "Three week and out now".

Before I could say, Rian holds my hand and pulled me out of the classroom. As soon as we came out, I removed my hand from his hold and pushed him hard on his chest.

"Are you crazy? You stupid boy, what the hell were you doing inside?", I shouted.

He just smiled and started walking and I followed him.

"I saved you from getting punished for four weeks. Aren't three weeks enough for you Cole?", He said with a wink.

Oh, I hate him so so much.

"Just shut the hell up. Because of you, I got this punishment. You're useless", I replied while following him.

He in a span of seconds turned immediately and came dangerously closer to me. He placed his hand over my waist and pulled me closer.

"What the-", before I could speak he placed his hand over my lips.

"Shhh, just be quiet for some time. If only you would've agreed to go for coffee with me, you don't have to get this punishment", he said and pushed me towards the wall along with him.

My heart was racing at a faster pace and my cheeks felt warm as no boy had ever come this close to me. It is hell awkward and hell embarrassing.

He removed his hand from my lips and moved more closer said, "Now, come with me for a cup of coffee and I won't take a No". My eyes were just glued to his eyes.

I couldn't speak, where the hell my courage went away? I just nodded and he step back. I inhaled in relief. He started walking again but I could see him smirking and I followed him, but one thing is clear to me that he's also a bad boy!!

💌💌💌💌💌💌💌💌💌

"Tell me fast, what is so important you want to discuss", I said as soon as we sat on the table.

Rian had brought me to the same coffee shop in which we came last. I guess it's his favourite place.

"Why so eager? Order something at least", he said.

"I won't order anything, just speak up", I replied. I was already in a bad mood and now he's getting on my nerves.

"Okay, let me order for myself then", he said and started giving orders for him and me also.

He's impossible, why am I even expecting anything from any boy? After Nial, I guess I should start hoping that all boys are same. Some are bad and some are worse.

"Okay, so as I was saying Ellie told me what you guys talked about yesterday", he said and I straightened up in my seat.

"So..", I asked carefully.

"Well she told you something, she wasn't supposed to tell but unfortunately my sister is a naive girl. She trust everyone so easily and so she spilled all the beans in front of you", he said and I felt a bit bad. Okay, my ego is hurt.

Ain't I trustworthy?

"Oh, I see. Don't worry your secret is safe with me", I replied.

"It should be. See, Nicole it's not about me. It's about Austin and he's my best friend and anyone causing harm to him is unacceptable to me", Rian said and I quietly kept listening to him.

"And I hope you too keep this secret to yourself. It's a kinda personal thing and now because you know this you've indirectly became a part of our group and it's your duty to keep this thing to yourself and better keep things normal", he said.

"What do you mean by normal?", I asked again.

"I know you by now have started hating Nial but don't do that. He's not the same for you and I can see that. He's all a different person when he's with you. I guess he value your friendship. So, whatever he did to Austin, shouldn't affect your relationship with him. And I know also that You don't like Austin but I don't want you to pity him, please", He said.

I just keep quiet. Nial is a different person when he's around me, how could it be possible? Do I affect him?

"Nial has a girlfriend, still he dated so many girls", I said.. Okay, not me but jealousy in me spoke this time.

He smirked and then said, "He's like this only but yes I've seen him to be all a different person when he's around you. He's protective for you and that amazes me actually".

"I don't know much about Nial, I guess. He's so complicated and you too asked me to stay away from him, Ain't you?", I replied.

"Yes I did but now I guess he won't harm you, he's odd with you.Maybe you could make him a better person", he said shrugging his shoulder.

I didn't say anything. This is becoming so complicated. I badly want Cali right now to help me out of this mess.

I need a break!!!

--------------------------

Hey cupcakes, how's you guys?

See, I updated fast, I've written it today only and now I've updated it.

Vote, comments and share!!

Instagram: soul.musical

Keep reading..
Love you all..
Aana..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

401K 10.4K 57
"Her troubled eyes held fire. The kind of fire that was capable of burning me to ash." ***** I grabbed her chin with my free hand, making her look at...
1.4M 39.6K 60
{Highest Rank: #21 in Teen Fiction, #1 in Comedy, and #10 in HighSchool} THE LAST 20 CHAPTERS HAVE BEEN REMOVED! THIS IS JUST A SAMPLE AND THIS BOOK...
973K 72.2K 49
"I love how this book is turning out!😍 Not cliche at all!" - i_hatecliche "We might live next door to each other," Haley said, "but we don't live in...
62K 5.9K 41
🏆Featured ×3 Revised edition available on Barnes and Noble, Apple Books, Amazon and many more retailers near you! ** 22 letters. 24 days. 1 boy. Wha...