The Princess Wannabe- Confide...

By Skittlez101

One event. Twelve ladies. Four challenges. Twenty clues scattered throughout the castle. Winner wins the han... More

2. Tell me you don't want my kiss.
3. Who You're Dealing With
4. Numb
5. Paperback
6. An Explanation To Believe
7. Beliefs and Rights
Announcement

1. Action.

14.4K 184 27
By Skittlez101

Hello! Yes! The story is back! Chapters short :S Haven't detailed out whats going to happen yet so blame my brain because its hurting heaps. Sorry for the long wait just needed to clear out my thoughts to start fresh :) PEACE AND LOVE ♥

~Skittelez

Chapter One

~Action~

People surrounded me, caging me in, everyone’s excitement bubbled and bounced off of others. Noise arose and echoed continuously. As I stepped into the stadium, I stumbled my way over to the higher parts, where the other ladies were. “Excuse me, miss?” Some tall guy hissed I eyed him suspiciously before nodding for him to continue, “You’re not allowed past this area.” He pushed me backwards and I nearly fell, he laughed sending shivers down my body. I cringed, the pit of my stomach twisting and turning. I gave him a nasty opening my mouth to speak when a very familiar chuckle was heard.

“Let the lady up.” Derrick demanded, the knight automatically moved and made way for me, I stomped past Derrick ignoring his apologising gaze. “What no thank you?”

I laughed sarcastically, “I could have handled that myself.”

It was now Derricks turn to laugh, “If you had, you’d end up getting guillotined today just like you’re so called ‘friends’.”

I snapped my eyes to his, “Sue has done nothing!”

Sue had done nothing, why would he assume it was Sue. I told him it was Hay-lo! It was Hay-lo… Tears began to drip down my eyes and as if on cue the grey clouds above thundered and began letting thousands of droplets of water, drip over the stadium. I could hear the hiss of Sue’s pleading voice, and I closed my eyes in utter pain.

“Evaina…” My eyes snapped open an intense burning of hatred possessing them.

“Derrick, I don’t have to talk to you. In fact I don’t want to ever talk to you again.” The rain soaked everyone’s dress. It wasn’t long after that, that the king called it off claiming he didn’t want to get sick.

I stomped away; well at least I thought it was away. I headed straight towards where Sue was being led away. “Let her go.” I ordered the guard-Clarke- whose hands gripped Sue’s wrists way too tightly.

“Lady Evaina, you know we can’t.” Clarke said giving me a tight smile.

My hands squeezed into fists and the rain became heavier, “I said, let her go!” I screamed, it venom dripping of every word. I wouldn’t lose yet another important person. I had lost too many, I had the opportunity to stop this one, and I can assure you I wouldn’t let it slide.

Clarke let go off her, and backed away. I grabbed a hold of Sue and hugged her tightly. “Evaina what are you doing?” Nathaniel’s voice barked.

I glared at him. “Ugh, I’m the lady Hay-Lo bashed you moron!” Nathaniel looked taken back like it was a surprise.

“But…”

“There are not buts about it, it was me, and Sue had absolutely nothing to do with it.” I shot daggers at him daring him to say otherwise he sighed gesturing for them to leave Sue be.

I gawked at him, “You serious?”

Nathaniel laughed and nodded, “But Lady Evaina keep in mind that I am your king. I encourage you to correct me when I’m wrong, but do not insult, me. Lady or not, peasant or family you will be hung.”

I curtsied and nodded, pulling Sue into my arms, “Thank you, and thank you.”

I let my hands trail, through her hair in a comforting gesture. Derrick shouldn’t have done what he had. His face had looked so empty when I told him, like nobody meant anything to him in that moment, he was almost… vulnerable.

It was the next day I had found out, he had indeed cared, in fact he was furious so furious he had exaggerated the whole thing to the king, what Hay-lo had done was already a big crime. Insulting/hurting someone of a higher position of you was meant to be resulted in the dungeon, but insulting/hurting a lady or royal member was high treason, and resulted in death.

Derrick’s exaggeration, had led Sue in it too, I couldn’t forgive him. He had tried to save her; he had dedicated everything he could to saving her, but it wasn’t enough. It was wrong of me to hold it against him, I knew that but there was something pulling me to not forgiving him, the fact that he didn’t want to be forgiven. This morning was the first time I had talked to him since I had told him.

He’d done everything he could to avoid me, to make sure I was never where he was and so I realised I’d have to go to him, but I was tired of that, for the past month, in our weird relationship if we had a fight, I’d always have to come to him. It was his turn now, to prove how much I meant to him. Who knows? Maybe I meant nothing to him, and the whole time he was using me. Hell, he may even be sitting with Gwen right now laughing about it… I mean that was his history. And history never went away no matter how much you tried to delete its existence.

When I arrived in my chambers I sat down carefully fixated on the small letter on the wooden table. Fearing of it being from Derrick I ignored it, and laid on the lounge, and closed my eyes. Think of something else Evaina…

But the letter kept cutting through my thoughts, my eyes snapped open, and I looked towards the letter again. I couldn’t ignore it forever, but I could ignore it for a while. I did want to open it, but if it was an apology I wanted him to tell me himself not write it down on a note.

I let out a groan of frustration slamming my hand on the letter, and picking it up. It had been folded in to two, I quickly unfolded. Three words were scribbled messily on the paper.

Sullivan’s back

~Jessica

I froze my heart thudding against my chest. Just as I thought I could be left alone… someone worse arrives.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 216 6
မင်းကို အမျိုးသား တစ်ယောက်အဖြစ် စားသုံးပေးရမလား။ အမျိုးသမီးတစ်ယောက်လို သာယာမှုတွေ ပေးရမလား။ ရွေးချယ်လိုက်။ - နတ်သခင်မ လီယွဲ့ (Gender fluid - စိတ်ကြိ...
416K 16K 68
Isabelle loves reading books, especially novels. One time, she read a famous novel called 'Grow Old with You'. Isabelle was betrayed by her sister f...
117K 6K 41
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...
175K 1.4K 200
Description I, Kang Woojin, was quitting my design work and became a jobless person. The next day, my friend took me to auditions and I was forced to...