Thanks For Making Me A Fighter

By BaybeeDoll

What happens when your a 17 year old girl, in a horrid, violent relationship you feel you cant escape from, a... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 7 Damo's POV
Chapter 7 Shays POV

Chapter 4

1.3K 40 27
By BaybeeDoll

Comment, Vote, Fan Please hope you like it =]

Picture of Damo -->

_________________________________________________________________________________

I finished straightening my hair, slipped on my little black dress, then put on my plain black heels. I looked at myself in the mirror. Once again I looked good. Although why I’m making an effort for tonight, I do not no. It’s not like Damo ever complements me, he never tells me I look nice.

I pulled out my black handbag from my closet, and started to fill it up, slowly. The longer I took to get ready, the less time I had to spend with Damo’s father, although the longer I took the angrier Damo would probably get.

I sat on the edge of my bed, and put my head in my hands. Why do I even have to go, why do I have to endure hours with his father, whilst he looks down his nose at me, and constantly slags me off.

The night won’t end well, I can just sense it.  I’ve already fell out with my best friend. Been told that a dream I had meant death is imminent, and bumped into Shay at the park. Don’t get me wrong, bumping into Shay wasn’t a bad thing, but I just can’t get him out of my head. Why is a man who I have met twice, having me feel all these things about him? If I hadn’t been with Damo, I would of probably followed him back into the bar last night, it took all my will power to stop myself.

I took one last look in the mirror, and made my way downstairs. I could hear them all talking, about me of course. I grabbed my coat from by the door,

“Are we ready,” I asked hesitantly.

“We’ve been ready for ages,” Damo’s father William said snidely.

I followed them to the car, wondering what posh and highly expensive bar there going to take me to tonight. I know you’re thinking, I should love being taken to these kinds of places, but not with Damo’s father, he makes a point of making sure everyone there knows I don’t really belong in places like that.

We parked up after what felt like hours of driving, but after looking at the time noticed it was only 10 minutes. I got out the car and realised we was stood outside The Hut. The same bar I was in last night. The same bar I met Shay in. Oh my god I really hope he isn’t working. Why are we even here, this isn’t the usual kind of place Damo’s father would come too. After looking at him, I realised he was thinking the exact same.

“Erma…why exactly did you recommend we come here son?” his father asked looking disgusted,

“Heard good things about it,” Damo chirped,

“It has karaoke nights,” his father said as though it was some kind of disease, “Nothing good ever comes from somewhere that has karaoke nights son.” He clearly stated. He was such a stuck up prick, it wound me up big time.

“OH stop being so full of yourself William,” Damo’s mother Debbie shouted, I let out a small giggle but stopped when I received daggers of his father.

I followed his mother into the bar, and spotted Shay working straight away. My heart fluttered and my knees went weak, I need to stop this I’m here with my boyfriend. Shay spotted me almost straight away; he grinned like a Cheshire cat and winked. Wow he was so hot when he winked. His smile shortened though when Damo grabbed my hand and pulled me close to him, placing small kisses on my neck. He never did stuff like that, why is he doing it now. Maybe he spotted Shay smiling at me and got a little jealous. I hope he doesn’t start with him. I was beginning to feel a little uncomfortable with Damo smothering me with kisses, so I pulled away,

“I’m just going to nip to the ladies,” he nodded and I gave him a fake smile and ran to the ladies as fast as my legs would take me. I leant against the side, looking at myself in the mirror. I needed to relax, before Damo started questioning why I was acting strange. I stared at the window, actually debating to climb through it and run off. I giggled at the thought of myself trying to squeeze myself thorough that tiny window; I can’t imagine it being as easy as they make it look in the movies.

I sorted myself out and made my way out of the bathroom, when I ran straight into someone. Who. Yep you guessed it. Shay.  I froze on the spot.

“Hey beautiful, we will have to stop meeting like this, or maybe not, I kind of like it,” he said grinning.

“I don’t know if you noticed, but I’m here with my boyfriend” trust me I wish I wasn’t, or else I would have grabbed him and kissed his soft pink lips, in return for last night.

“I noticed, are they his parents?” I nodded “I see,” I was confused, what did he see, my face must have shown my confusion, and he answered the question I hadn’t even asked yet.

“I used to work with his father, not something I like to admit but I did,” still confused I asked,

“I don’t even know what his father does, he won’t tell me, why do you not like to admit you worked with him?”

“It wasn’t the best job I could of been doing, is to put it one way, while your with his son I think its best you don’t know what he does, probable safer for you,” he kissed my cheek and walked away leaving me with so many questions, which he probably wouldn’t answer anyway, question is, do I really want to no?

I made my way back to the table, with great reluctance I must say, and tried to join in with conversation, which was impossible when William kept on interrupting me every time I tried to say something. So I just sat back and listened whilst drinking my drink.

Two hours passed, without me being involved in any type of conversation, when finally I was spoken to,

“So Amberley, only one more year of school left, what are you planning on doing afterwards, are you planning to go to college?” Debbie asked politely, whilst William laughed and said something under his breath, which I didn’t quite here.

“Well I was hoping to go to New York University and study performance arts. I really love musical theatre, and well I was hoping to take up singing lessons again, and maybe study dance as well, I’m not too sure if you can study performance arts and dance together, but it’s something I’ll have to look into, but it’s something I’d really like to do,” I answered, I love drama and dance in school, and have always dreamt of being on stage, performing, putting on shows, dancing, singing everything.

I used to do singing lessons up until a year ago; until Damo said I should stop doing them, because I’m wasting my time and my mother’s money that she couldn’t really afford.

I noticed Shay walking over to our table to collect glasses; him and William glared at each other and then nodded. I think it was there way of saying hi.

“Why are you going to do singing lessons again, what’s the point, you can either sing or you can’t, and well you cant.” Damo said ever so nastily, I noticed Shay clench his fist. I looked at him and mouthed the word please.

“And what’s the point in going to do performance arts, your never going to be a big actress of anything, people like you don’t get anywhere,” William sniggered. What did he mean people like me? I looked a Shay in hopes he wouldn’t say anything, but I was too late,

“What do you mean people like her, if she has a dream then she can follow it, not everyone is like you and can make money using other people, leave the poor girl alone, she is ten times a better person then you will ever be, and as for you,” he looked straight at Damo, his face was so angry, but so was Damo’s I was scared at how this was going to turn out I went to stand up to calm the situation down but Damo stood up and slammed me back down, he stood toe to toe with Shay,

“As for me what,” Damo screamed in his face, Shay just laughed in his face,

“Do not put this girl down infront of me, she has an amazing voice, who are you to tell her she cant sing, or do you just not like her singing, because she cant do it with you, and you don’t like her doing anything with out you. You don’t deserve a girl like her, she deserves way better than you,” and the next thing Shay was on the floor.

 Damo was on top of him just punching and punching him, in the face. I tried to drag Damo of him, but his father just pushed me away and lifted Damo up.

“You stay away from her, and don’t think I don’t know about you two last night, I was watching you all night, you just sleep with one eye open buddy, ill be back when you least expect it,” I was shocked to here this, how did he see, why was he watching me, I couldn’t fight back the tears anymore.

“Oh what you crying for you stupid cow, you didn’t think I would let you out on your own and not keep my eye on you do you?” I looked at him, then looked to Shay whose handsome face was now swollen and covered in blood, this is all my fault.

“Don’t talk to her like that,” he mumbled you could here the pain in his voice as he tried to speak.

Damo walked to him and stood above him,

“What are you really going to do about it, what just happened was a small taster of what you are going to get, and if I see you near her again, your going to wish you never laid eyes on her, do you understand,” I was hoping he would just nod and agree but he wasn’t giving up so easily,

“Is that so,” Shay laughed, Damo went for him again, when this time his mother grabbed him,

“Come on were leaving,” her voice sounding shakey.

Damo grabbed my arm and dragged me with him, when I felt another arm grab me I turned around,

“Amberley, you don’t have to go with him, don’t be scared to say no,” he was scared for me. I grabbed his hand softly and moved it from arm,

“I have to, its for the best,” I whispered, I turned back around and noticed Damo was grinning. I wanted to stay, I wanted to go with Shay and make sure he was ok, right now I hated Damo.

Back in the car was no better,

“What did I tell you son, you could of done so much better, but no you had to date some trampy slag,” I didn’t retaliate what was the point,

“She will pay don’t worry about it father, she will know she has done wrong,” he put his hand on my leg and I pushed it away, he came close to me and whispered in my ear,

“Do not push me away, you belong to me and I will put my hands wherever I please, do you understand,” I nodded, this was the first time I was ever scared of him.

“Will you pull over please, I feel sick,” I asked

“Cant you just wait, don’t you think you have ruined this night enough?” he said giving me daggers through the mirror,

“No im really going to be sick,” I faked heaving, hoping it was realistic enough for him to stop, which it was he pulled over. I undid my seat belt, slipped off my shoes, I turned to Damo and whispered in his ear,

“I don’t want to be yours anymore,” and with that I jumped out the car and ran as fast as I could. I heard footsteps behind me, which means he must be running after me.

I felt arms around my waist,

“Don’t you remember what I said in the text this morning? Your mine forever. You aint going anywhere, your going to walk back to the car and apolagize to my father for making him stop, yeah?” I nodded, why did I even try and run, I knew he would follow me and I knew he would catch me. Hope I guess, just hope.

We was interrupted by an enourmously loud crashing sound. My heart was in my mouth. I relayed what Shaunna said earlier in my mind.

Death is imminent.

Death is imminent.

DEATH IS IMMINENT.

Damo released his arms from around me and I heard him running. I slowly turned around, scared to what I might see, but my instincts were right.

Damo’s parents car, was in the middle of the road, upside down. I started to walk slowly towards the upturned car when another loud bang happened and the car blew up.

This was not happening, and then the crazy voice started in my head again.

Death Is Imminent

This was all my fault.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.6K 1.2K 10
Four years have passed since twenty-four year old Bella Swan broke up with her fiancé of six months. After dating Edward Cullen for three years, the...
23.7K 583 17
Kristina or Kris is in her senior year of school and is looking forward to it but she will hate that year for the rest of her life due to her new PE...
183K 5.9K 71
*Girl x Girl* In a difficult line of work, her parents have to move from San Diego, California, all the way to Seattle, Washington where they are hap...
1.3M 36.5K 54
"What you said hurt, asshole. What did you think would happen?" I yell in his face. I'm so angry that I could most definitely shove his face into the...