It's Gotta Be You {One Direct...

By spraythesun

"Life is a funny thing. The moment you think you've gotten everything right, something comes along and turns... More

New Boys (I)
New Boys (II).
Who Are They?
Happiness.
Fun Times.
In a dream, memories, shouts and screams.
New friends
At the party
Bunking off
At the beach
Bad News
Leaving...Leaving...Gone.
He's gone...I'm still here.
Carrying on
Surprised
Apologize
A Day Out
Practising.
Angry.
First Performance
Ice-Skating
Filming.
Lost The Way.
Painful.
Back again.
Home Sweet Home.
Christmas.
The Holiday.
Epilogue.
Thank You!

First Concert.

39.3K 322 75
By spraythesun

 Hi guys! Me again! :P I think that the chapter after the next one is the last chapter! :( I might do an epilogue though. GOOD NEWS:

I'm making a SEQUEL!!!!!! :DD Woop! But, I don't know what's gonna happen, although, I do have an idea! :) If any of you reading this, wants to be in the sequel then let me know!

Oh, and I've dedicated this chapter to Taz (Tasnim) because she's psychic and she doesn't know it ;) He he joke :) Comment and vote yeah guys?

And, I'm on the teen fic and fan fic list, which is AWESOME! Well, I was. Not sure about now.

AND, Happy Birthday Zayn, although you won't see this! Yes, I know I'm weird.

But that's why you LOVE me!! :D Joke! Ha ha ha! Byeee! :D

P.S: Sorry that this chapter's long. It's the lyrics :) And, the day of the concert is just before Christmas eve, just so you know.

Reece's P.O.V:

Nikki ended up staying with us that night. We didn't get any sleep. AT ALL. She stayed up ALL night.

'Morning Reece.' Mrs Scaife says, handing me a cup.

'Morning Mrs Scaife.' I reply, taking the cup.

'Did you girls stay up all night?' she asks me, suspiciously. I almost laugh.

'Yep.' I say, popping the 'p' while my head lolls towards the table. She laughs and says to me:

'Go and have a shower honey, it'll wake you up.'

'Yeah, I'll go do that.' I say, gulping down the coffee and going up to the bathroom.

She was right. After the shower I feel awake.

I go into Abi's room and look around. It's a tip. Literally.

There's clothes strewn around the room, wrappers and packets are on the cupboards and chest of drawers and DVD's and CD's are under the bed, on top of the wardrobe and there's posters on the wall too.

I look over to the bed and stifle a laugh. I bite my lip.

Abi and Nikki decided to share the bed and let me sleep on my own. Nikki has her foot in Abi's face and Abi has her arms around Nikki's other leg. The duvet is wrapped around Nikki's top half too.

I can't help it. I burst out laughing. I laugh loudly for ages.

And they still don't wake up. Aw man.

I dump my pj's on my bed and pick up my phone. I leave the room and go into the garden. I call Dad.

'Hey Dad! I'm fine.' I say. There's a bit of noise at the other end and suddenly someone's shouting in my ear.

'REECE!' the boys screech.

'Hi BOYS!' I scream back at them.

'How've you been?!' they shout.

'Stop shouting! I'm fine!' I yell back.

'Ok. We miss you!' they say.

'I miss you guys too. And I'm sorry I can't see you guys in concert.' I say, sadly.

'Aw, that doesn't matter! It's cancelled!' Harry yells from somewhere in the room.

'What?! Why?' I ask, shocked.

'Because...We have no idea!' Louis calls. Who's holding the phone?

'Oh...Well, that's helpful!' I say, grinning.

'Yep! So, how's Abi?'

'She's fine! Guys, my concert is on Friday! I'm nervous! Any tips?' I ask them. There's silence as they discuss something in whispers.

'Well, just stay calm, relax and don't think of anything apart from the music.' Zayn says, after a few minutes of discussing.

'Ok...Thanks. What were you guys talking about?' I ask, suspiciously.

'Er, nothing! We've gotta go and practise Reece. Bye, we miss you!' Zayn says as they all shout:

'BYE REECE! Love ya!'

'Bye guys!' I shout back as they end the call. I roll my eyes and go back inside.

'So...Back to school tomorrow.' Mrs Scaife says conversationally. I laugh ruefully.

'Unfortunately, yes.' I reply.

'Aw, don't look too sad honey! High school is a great place.' she starts.

'Yeah, where you live the best years of your life, is what your gonna say. Dad's told me loads of times.' I recall. She laughs and nods.

'Yep. That's what I've always said to Abi.' she replies, smiling.

'Anyway, could you wake them up please? It'll soon be time for lunch!' she says, the smile still on her face. I nod and run back upstairs.

'ABI! NIKKI! You've gotta get UP!' I yell, swinging the door open. I walk up to the bed.

'ABI! NIKKI!' I shout again. Nikki starts and falls off the bed and Abi...Well, Abi just lays there.

I stare at her. How can she not wake up?

'It's time to get...' Nikki starts softly and then we both yell at the top of our voices:

'UP!'

Abi screams at us and jumps up, rushing around with her duvet as a cape. Then she leaves the room, me and Nikki staring after her.

'Well...That was...' I say, blinking after Abi.

'Random. Totally Abi.' she finishes for me. I laugh and nod.

'Yep. You got that right! Totally Abi!' I grin.

****

'Right, Reece, let's hear ya!'

'Huh? No way.' I reply to the teacher.

'Yes way. Now, get a guitar and start singing.' the music teacher says, frowning at me. I sigh and drag myself to the stool in front of the class.

I start strumming, after thinking of what Zayn had said. Think only of the music.

'That was really good!' the teacher says after I finish Jump Then Fall by Taylor Swift. I blush, everyone's cheering and clapping, it's kinda embarrassing.

I rush back to my seat, after a quick glance at Abi and Nikki. I spot Rizo smiling at me and giving me the thumbs up. I grin back and turn to see Jolie perform.

'Well, everyone performs really well' the teacher says, obviously lying. I remember him wincing and groaning when someone went off-key.

'But, I'm gonna choose someone who performs the best to be the highlight of the show. And, also some famous faces are turning up too. But I can't be sure who.' he says, piling his books up.

'I'll let the highlighters know who they are later. Have fun with the rest of your day' the teacher says, rushing out of the room.

'Well, I have an idea of who's going to be the highlighter.' Jolie says. I can just imagine her flicking her black hair around her face. I make an inward groan.

'Yeah, me too. Reece.' Abi says. Oh yeah, me. Like it's gonna be ME. Jolie snorts.

'Ha! She's so off-key it's unbelievable!' Jolie starts. I turn around in my seat.

'Firstly, then why were you clapping? Secondly, I'm not the one who sounds like a dog trapped in a wind pipe!' I say, glaring at my former best friend.

She grounds her teeth together and sits back down, as the teacher comes in.

'Right, class. The music teacher wanted all of you to go to his class to practise, so please leave in silence!' the old History teacher explains as we leave. Abi rushes out, Jolie straight behind her.

I make a quick toilet break and then I go to find Abi, Nikki walking beside me.

'Hey, Reece, what's going on?' she asks me, spotting a group of girls and boys crowding around someone or something, at the same time I spot it.

'I don't know.' I rush up, hearing someone scream insults at someone else.

'Abi!' I gasp, spotting her fighting with another girl.

Jolie. Ugh. I spot her punch Abi and Abi kicks out at her. That's it. Jolie's done it this time. I think as I push past the people and reach to get Abi.

I get in between them and I turn round to push Jolie out of the way.

Pain goes up my jaw to my cheek and I stumble.

She'd punched me, the bitch! I stand up and glare at her. She taunts me. She's really done it.

I lift my right arm up and swing, catching her in her face and she falls to the ground.

I rub my chin, pain running up to my eye.

'Ow. Let's go Abi.' I say, pulling her up and she follows me, after leering at Jolie who's standing up now.

'Are you Ok?' she asks me.

'Yep, totally fine!' I say, cursing inwardly as talking hurts my jaw. She can punch. But I can punch too! Ha ha. Abi laughs as I pull a face.

'Thanks Reece! Let's get to class.' she says.

'No probs Abi.' I reply. We reach class, just before the teacher. We slide into our seats and Nikki comes rushing in, grinning at me.

'Right, let's start! Reece and Jeopardy, I've decided already that you're the headliners or highlighters, so you'd better get practising. But, as you're both headliners, you get to pick your clothes first. There's clothes and shoes and other stuff that you might want over there.' he points to a corner of the room. We all stand up and go to the corner.

'We should all wear something similar, like...This! And this!' Nikki says, holding up black skinny jeans and a light blue top that has something written on it.

'Yeah! With a denim jacket and hi tops. Everyone's got hi tops, right?' Abi asks her band and they all nod. I grin and walk over to have a look.

Black leather pants (Or trousers or jeans, whatever you call them) and a white one shoulder top jump out. I pick them up and then think of what I could wear on my feet. Hi tops I think.

I've got black hi tops at home, so I'll use them. I gather my stuff up and walk back to my desk.

'Ok, so now that you're done, maybe you can practise now, Reece?' the teacher asks me. I nod and pick up my guitar. I'll sing Jump then Fall and then I'll sing my other one, the upbeat one.

As I'm strumming I'm aware of Jolie appearing and sitting down in her seat, after giving me a death glare. I just grin at her, placidly.

'Practise your upbeat one.' the teacher says. I glance at Jolie and she frowns and glares at me. She annoys me. She really does!

Zayn's P.O.V:

'How's the plan coming along guys?' Liam asks us. Louis looks up and says:

'Fine. I think we'll be able to be there in time.'

'Cool. I'm glad we'll be able to!' I grin at them. They grin back and Harry says:

'We are too!'

****

Reece's P.O.V:

'Ok guys, hurry up, it's nearly time!' the teacher (Mr Brown) says coming along. I'm sitting in a chair as nervous as hell. Rizo and her best friend Chelsea are doing my hair and make-up. I've got changed into my leather jeans and white off-shoulder top. I'd say I look pretty cool. Rizo comes along with a black eye-liner and outlines my eyes and then adds a grey eye shadow and then mascara, making my eyes look really nice. Even if I do say so myself.

Chelsea straightens my short side fringe and sprays something in my hair that makes my curls go loose and bouncy, which looks nice also.

Mr Brown leaves the room, after glancing at all of us getting our hair and make-up done.

'Wow, Reece you look gorgeous!' Chelsea says, grinning at me. I give her a look and then stand up.

Man, I'm really nervous! I can't believe that in about half an hour I'll be on the stage. I feel like screaming! I just have to wait now.

I spot Mr Brown look around and come running up to me. He looks troubled.

'Reece! Three acts have bottled it and they've left without a warning!' he says. I gasp.

'Who? Why?' I ask.

'I don't know, but the shows about to start now! We can't stop it, with all the people who have turned up!' he says. He continues:

'Look, I need you and Jeopardy to perform. Have you prepared any other songs?'. I gulp.

'What? I can't perform out there! Well, I can, but...' I look at his face. This means a lot to him.

'Fine. I'll do it. Yeah, I've got a couple. How many do you want me to sing?' I ask, walking along with him to find Abi and Nikki.

'One's the least. But maybe two. I'm not sure. The people who have bottled it are going to fail my class. Miserably.' he says, grimly.

'Get on stage now. I'll let the crowd know.' he says. I nod, grab my guitar and run to the stage.

Oh. My. God. Reece, keep calm! You can do this! You can! I remember Zayn's voice back in America. I haven't even seen the video yet. Or seen them in concert.

I hear a loudspeaker say: 'We have a performer here, called Reece and she's performing because we've had a few problems and people have bottled it. This isn't a song she'd prepared but she's agreed to perform so we don't have to cancel the show. Enjoy the show!'

And then I glance at the man who's asking me which song.

'Taken. One Direction.' I say, and then I go on stage. I'm sure they won't mind me singing their song. It's one of the ones I'd prepared just in case. In, out. In, out. I breathe. I sit on the stool that's in the middle, everyone staring at me.

Keep calm and think of the music. Only the music. I strum.

Now that you can't have me,

You suddenly want me.

Now that I'm with somebody else,

You say you love me.

I slept on your doorstep,

begging for one chance.

Now that I've finally moved on,

You say that you missed me all along.

Who do you think you are?

Who do you think I am?

You only loved to see me breaking

You only want me cause I'm taken

You don't really want my heart

No, you just like to know you can

Still be the one who gets it breaking

You only want me when I'm taken.

You're messing with my head

Girl that's what you do best

Saying there's nothing you won't do

To get me to say it

You're impossible to resist

But I wouldn't bet your heart on it

It's like I'm finally awake

And you're just a beautiful mistake.

{Chorus}

Thank you for showing me

Who you are underneath

Thank you I don't need

Another heartless misery

You think I'm doing this to make you jealous

And I know that you hate to hear this

But this is not about you any more

{Chorus}

Now that you can't have me

You suddenly want me

I hear the roar of the crowd and I know that I've succeeded with my first song. I smile as I leave the stage. I high five Abi and Nikki as they walk past me to get on stage. I grin at Mr Brown and he gives me the thumbs up.

'You're on after two more songs. Another song though.' he explains as I pass him. I nod.

'And then, before Jeopardy sing their song, you're on again, singing Jump then Fall. Understand?' he asks me. I nod. I cheer loudly when Jeopardy finish their song.

And then I'm on again, singing Want U Back by Cher Lloyd.

'Right, next song is Jump then Fall.' Abi grins at me, as I come off the stage again, exhilarated.

'Yep! This is fun!' I say. Abi nods, agreeing with me. I wait for my turn again, nervous.

'They love you out there Reece!' Nikki says, enthusiastically. I laugh.

'Yeah, course they do! They've warmed to you guys too!' I reply. The time flies and then it's my turn again.

'Good luck Reece!' they yell for the third time today.

I'm singing the chorus when I spot them. My heart leaps and thuds and does somersaults in my chest. Oh my god, they're here! I wanna scream right now, but I can't because I'm singing.

They wave and Louis does a loud whistle, to cheer me on. Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!

The boys are HERE! In England!

I smile at them, as I sing. I sing the song directly to Zayn. I mean, if you listen to the lyrics it's quite close to mine and Zayn's relationship, really. If you get what I mean.

'GO REECE!' they scream, when I finish. Oh god, someone's gonna notice them! And, how long have they been there? They must've just got here, because I didn't spot them when I was singing before.

'Thanks guys!' I say into the microphone, looking at them.

I rush backstage and scream at Abi:

'They're here!'

'Who? Oh, One Direction! I saw them, but I forgot to tell you!' she screeches back.

'YEAH!'

'You've met One Direction?' Nikki looks at me with wide eyes. I nod. She gives an ear piercing scream.

'Oh my freaking god! And you didn't tell me?'

'No! Sorry! You're on now guys!' I say, spotting Mr Brown gesturing to them. They rush on stage and perform. I'm still happy about the boys being here.

They're here. And tomorrow's Christmas eve, which is good. And Louis' birthday! They're really here. Zayn's here. My heart leaps. And then thuds. And Kari, I suppose.

When I perform my last song (The second one I'd practised) Beautiful People by Cher Lloyd also, I wave and smile at the boys.

I've finished the concert! I can't believe I've done it! The boys disappear and they meet me backstage. I scream and run into their arms, laughing and screaming at the same time.

'You did it Reece!' Harry complements me, setting me down after a hug.

'I did! And I can't believe it!' I shout, grinning. I spot Zayn and I rush into his arms and hug him tight, not caring if Kari saw.

'Well done Reece! We're proud of you!' he says, smiling. I'm hyper and ecstatic right now.

'Listen, we're gonna go home for a bit. We'll meet you there, Ok?' Louis says, hugging me. Niall looks at me appreciatively.

'You look great Reece! Like a pop star!' he says. I laugh and hug him.

'Ok guys, I'll meet you back there! Oh, wait. Nikki?' I call. She comes along shouting at screaming at herself. Then she spots the boys and she screeches really really loudly.

'Nikki! Come here!' I moan, covering my ears. She walks along and says in a rush:

'I'm Nikki. I knowwhoyouare! You're One Direction!' she yells and I cover her mouth.

'Pleased to meet you Nikki. But we have to go, people might see us here. Girls.' Louis says, walking back a bit.

'Yeah, Ok, fine. I'm very very very very very very VERY pleased to meet you guys!' she squeals.

'Oh c'mon, Nikki. Let's go.' I say, pulling her along beside me after waving the boys off.

We get changed (We're even allowed to keep the clothes! How cool is that?) and then we help tidy up a bit.

'Right, guys. I wanna say congratulations to everyone here! You all did a great job! Well done!' Mr Brown says, after we'd tidied up.

'And, I want to say, merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone. Now, off you go!' he says and we all rush to get our stuff and leave. I just can't believe I've performed in front of thousands of people! Wow. I'm surprised at myself! At least I didn't go running up a hill! I laugh at the memory.

Good times. I need to remind them about the video. I knock on their front door, Abi and Nikki beside me. Ok, I let them come along.

'Hey girls! One thing, we're going out. Some place nice, so could you all get changed or something?' Harry says, eyeing us up and down. I frown and push past him.

'REECE!' Lana, Sam, Hannah and Steph shout at me. I smile and hug them all one by one. I spot Kari on the sofa and she stands up.

Abi walks in and looks around.

'Why are they here?' she asks Zayn. He shrugs.

'We invited them. And, we're going out now.' he says.

'Well, I don't like the look of the short girl. And Reece? I didn't want to see her again.' she moans. I feel anger boil in my system. Ugh. Short girl?

Before I can do anything Abi walks over to Kari and punches her in the face, yelling:

'Don't call me short! And Reece is here, so you can like it or lump it!'

Then she turns to me and says: 'You punched Jolie for me, so I punched Kari for you.' she grins at me. I can't help but laugh. Kari leaps up and runs out of the door, screaming:

'That's it Zayn! I can't do with all your freaky mates any more! We're OVER!'.

Abi shrugs and says: 'I guess she lumped it!'

I laugh, shakily. She just broke up with Zayn! I can...Oh shut up Reece. Why would he go out with you?

'Anyway, let's go girls! Get changed quickly!' Liam says, rubbing his hands together. We all rush to get changed into our performing clothes and then we climb into a car, not knowing where we're going. We drive for half an hour and then we climb out, and the boys put scarves over our eyes. They guide us in and we hear cheers and screams of girls. Where are we?

'Get them good spots.' Niall mutters and then they leave. We're guided by two men along a corridor and then we stop after much pushing and shoving. They take our blindfolds off and I open my eyes wide. We're at the front of a stage with thousands of screaming girls around us.

It hits me. We're at a One Direction concert! It hadn't been cancelled at all. They just moved it to England. They'll probably do another one in America though.

'The first song we're gonna sing is Gotta Be You. And we're singing it for Reece, one of our best friends, who's in the crowd right now!' As I hear Louis' voice I turn to see them all made up for performing. They were quick!

'Yeah, wave your hand Reece, so we know where you are!' Harry grins and I put my hand up, self-consciously. Girls turn to look at me. The boys laugh and then the music starts.

I notice that Zayn can't stop looking at me. I try not to look at him, but I fail. Then he actually sings the song at me. At least, I think so.

I'll be here

By you're side

No more fears

No more crying

But if you walk away

I know I'll fade

Cause there's nobody else

It's gotta be you

He sings at me, then his part “Oh girl, can we try one more time”.

He can't be singing that at me can he? I mean, he doesn't like me that way. I'm sure he doesn't. I wish he did though. Does he?

After that song they sing most of the songs on the album.

'Thanks for supporting us! We hope you have a good time!' they says, leaving the stage. We get escorted to the car and we join them. I end up beside Zayn and I smile at him.

'That was AWESOME!' Abi says. We all laugh. That pretty much sums today up!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 20 17
Chloe is a typical teenage girl. She loves One Direction and her friends, and has everything she could have ever wanted. Until news off her parents s...
12.6K 278 30
Cheyenne Price was living her normal teenage girl life. That is until she goes to a One Direction concert and has an encounter with A modeling compan...
777K 6.7K 31
Rhiannon Crookes. A quiet country girl from a small town in England who spends her life hiding behind a fake smile. Her life has been a rollercoaster...
686 93 19
Zoe Carlisle, Allison Monroe, Lily Richards are very special and talented girls. They've been trained since they were little to protect people and n...