A Thousand Encounters

By LettingYouIn

He, Disciplined! She, a beautiful chaos! He, Stalwart! She, a wanderer! He, a soldier! Sh... More

Introduction
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter- 25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
Chapter-41
Chapter-42
Chapter-43
Chapter-44
Chapter-45
Chapter-46
Chapter-47
Chapter- 48
Chapter-49
Chapter-50
Chapter-51
Chapter-52
Chapter-53
Chapter-54
Chapter-55
Hola
Chapter-56
Hello there!!
Chapter-57
Chapter-58
Chapter-59
Chapter - 60
Chapter- 61
Chapter-62
Chapter-63
Chapter-64
Chapter - 65
Chapter-66
Chapter-67
Author's Note

Chapter-12

5.5K 498 31
By LettingYouIn

"Daadu"

Nandini yelled as Daadu took the last carriage occupying it all for himself. He was drunk and it was showing in his actions.

"How can someone occupy entire of that beauty all for himself?" She murmured and then looked around. Holding her heels in hand, she put another hand on her waist trying to figure out how to go home. Manik walked out of hall and walked to her. Holding his coat in one hand, he looked at two bottles of beer in his other hand. 

"Here," He offered her one.

"Thanks," She said and started to gulp it.

"I thought you would be needing it after that cardio session," He added and she spitted the content which was rewarding her dry throat. 

"Cardio session?" She asked almost shouting.

"I can't find more appropriate word for your dance back there," He added casually.  

Nandini narrowed her eyes in anger and he just shrugged his shoulders.

"And you danced like as if a plank was dancing with a grumpy face," She retorted and he furrowed his brows in disagreement. 

"And you partner. What was his name? Yes, Vivaan! He was ogling at you as if he would gobble you up," Manik retaliated and sighed in revengeful content. 

"How dare you?" Saying this Nandini emptied bottle of beer on his head, "And your partner was choking because she had to dance with a plank."

Manik stood there with open mouth trying to digest what she had done. Beer was dripping down his head and he looked at himself and then her audacity. 

 Next moment, He spilled his bottle on her and pursed his lips in pleasure of revenge. 

"Manik," She yelled and stepped back. Her white dress was now dripping in beer. Her little nose was flaring in anger. She showed him her index finger in warning and stormed inside the hall. He kept looking at her and then shook his head. Looking at condition of tuxedo, he frowned thinking about what he was going to tell Mrs Singh. Before he could fret more, he felt stream flowing down his flesh. It was cloudburst or what. There she stood with bucket of beer which she had just emptied on him. He was drenched in beer. She folded her arms near her chest in victory and then tilted her head to look him from tip to toe. 

"That's how it ended," She said and took a step to leave. 

But he pulled her so hard and then caged her in his arms. Liquid on his body was touching her flesh and she squirmed under his grip. 

"This is how it ended," He said and rubbed against her so that she could feel the same flavored disgust which he was feeling. 

"Manik, you are disgusting," She said as soon as smell of beer touched her nose. 

"Why? Wasn't you spilling it on me disgusting?" He asked and nuzzled in her neck making her laugh. She giggled as she felt ticklish. 

"Stop it, Manik," She asked in between her giggles and he rubbed his wet hair against her flesh even more. His hands were on her waist and her tiny hands were on his chest. She giggled forgetting about their ongoing battle and he kept tickling her. 

"Manikkkkkk," She flinched and pinched him hard on his chest. 

He retreated owing to the sensation and she took the chance to tickle him till he curled up.

"Nandiniiii," He cried as it was hard to hold the giggles. 

"What happened, cadet? Feeling ticklish?" She asked tickling him more and he burst into fit of laughter. 

Seeing right opportunity, she ran away leaving him trying to catch his breath. Wind felt frosting as she ran in a wet dress. But adrenaline was too overwhelming that she couldn't care about cold. She just kept running giggling and looking back. He was standing holding his stomach and was looking at her with this 'Once I catch you' face. She stopped at a safe distance and mocked, "Awwww, cadet is tired." Her giggles once again filled the gorgeous night and before she could have that moment, he ran towards her pressing his lips. She knew if she gets caught, he was not going to be gentleman.  Nandini again started to run towards nowhere. Streetlight in frost was looking heavenly and there was this white light spread as far as one could see. She just kept running and he kept calling her name. 

"I swear you are gonna regret it," He warned and paced his quest. She couldn't care much. She was having one heck of time teasing him. 

"You think I care?" She asked and then showed him tongue. 

Doing circles around trees in way, swaying on lampposts; They kept the chasing game on. There were times when she was in his reach but he didn't catch her. Then there was time when she purposely slowed down but he didn't catch her. There was this pull and push going on. 

"I told you...you won't be able to catch me," She said and turned around to see him. He was not there. He was gone.

"Do you think I don't watch movies?" She shouted and then gasped. 

"You are gonna hide away and I would start panicking. Not happening, Manik," She declared and then sat on a rock roadside. Her dress was a mess. Her mother was going to have a mini attack seeing condition of that expensive cocktail dress. Her heels...where were they? She looked around and then remembered how she had thrown them somewhere in this game of theirs. 

"Come out, Jelly bean," She said and then tried to tie her messy hair in a bun. 

Minutes passed and no one came out. Manik was nowhere to be found. She was sitting there with all the patience in world. 

"Who in entire world doesn't freak out when someone you know disappears out of sudden for bloody 20 minutes?" He came out and asked frustratingly. 

"I don't," She said and shrugged her shoulders. 

He walked to her and then his eyes shone with this mischief. She was close and had totally forgotten about their chasing game. 

He picked her up in one go and she kicked her legs in air to get rid of his clasp. 

"Manik, leave me," She yelled. 

"Game was on, Murthyy," He replied and then twirled her. 

She yelled and then made it almost impossible for him to carry her as she squirmed so much. 

He put her down and she kicked him hard on knee. He cried in pain and she pushed him on ground. Sitting on his stomach, she started to tickle him so hard and he found it hard to breathe. 

"Game was always on, Malhotra," She said and tickled him even more. 

"Okay..okay! I give up. Spare me," He said throwing his hands in air. 

She rubbed her hands in glee and then gave him a smirk. Next moment, she was flipped over and now he was hovering her and her back touched road. 

Raising his brow, he smiled evilly. Before she could guard herself, her wrists were captured in his clasp and he just kept looking at her while she begged him not to tickle her. She already was giggling anticipating tickles. Her chest heaved with puffs and her eyes had this moist of overwhelm. He just kept looking at her and then let go of her. Lying next to her on road, he looked at the sky. It was clean starry night. 

Her giggles subsided eventually and a serene silence prevailed. Both were looking at night sky. No one tried to speak as they both gazed the stars. 

"If you think this is over. It's not," She said breaking the silence. 

"I never thought so," He replied and looked at her. She was smiling all lost in her thoughts which he was sure must be of troubling him or someone. 

"What are you?" He asked awestruck. 

She looked at him and life in her eyes was undying. 

"What?" She asked and shook her head. 

He smiled and then again looked at sky. 

__________________________________

"For me too," Nandini said to her mother as she got settled in cozy couch. 

Her mother was making hot mocha for Manik as he asked for it as first thing in morning. 

Touching her neck, she frowned. Her entire body was aching due to physical exertion she had done last night. Stretching her limbs, she cried a bit as her muscles refused to help. 

"What happened to you?" Her mother asked her as she saw her wincing in pain. Manik was busy reading some magazine trying not to pay heed. 

"A creature attacked me last night on way home," She said and her mother jammed to her place.

"A creature?" She asked raising her brow.

"Yes, a creature," Nandini confirmed and Manik glared her from pages of magazine. 

"Nandini, grow up," Her mother scolded and Nandini rolled her eyes. Manik smirked and again got busy with magazine. 

"I was thinking we should go trekking today," He said putting magazine down. 

Nandini shot a glare to him and he mocked her. 

"I think it's a great idea," Colonel said from behind as he joined them. 

"I can't come," Nandini said massaging her neck. 

"No, you have to," Manik quickly declared. 

"I mean, you are my only company here, Nandini," he said artificially. 

Everyone smiled listening to his utterly sweet statement and Nandini literally killed him in eyes. 

"Of course, she will go," Daadu said joining everyone. 

Nandini looked at him with a 'You betrayed me' face. 

"By the way, how come you two returned last night?" Daadu asked Manik and he looked like diving in some hilarious memories.

"We walked all the way," Nandini told sternly and Daadu looked a bit apologetic. 

"Oh, I am sorry about that," He said and then opened the newspaper to avoid Nandini's glares. 

_________________________

It was sunny noon and then all got ready in their trekking suits with all the required items to leave for nearby trekking sites. It was cold despite of sunshine. Nandini walked with difficulty as her calves had given up already just by walking a few steps. Manik was kind of warming up as his army muscles were itching to work out. Elders had hardly any plans to trek but they all seemed to dress up for occasion as they thought it was exciting. 

"Nandini," Vivaan waved his hand from meters away as he in his trekking suit walked towards the group.

"He is also going?" Manik asked all bewildered. 

"Of course," Nandini said and waved back to Vivaan, "I needed someone to ogle at me, after all" 

Manik clenched his teeth in frustration as she used his own words to shut him up. 

Vivaan slightly hugged Nandini as he reached her and Manik glared them with utmost ire. 

"Hello Manik," He advanced his hand towards Manik. 

Manik shook his hand clutching hard that Vivaan hissed.

"So Vivaan, are you ready for trekking?" Manik said and twisted his hand a bit.

Nandini glared at Manik and he let go of Vivaan's hand. 

"These army man and their enthusiasm," Vivaan tried to play along. 

"I tell you, these army man," Nandini said and walked Vivaan away from Manik telling him some hilarious stuff. 

"Make sure he know what army men can do," Daadu said to Manik approaching him and Manik nodded in determination. 

"You are on a mission, soldier," Daadu said and Manik stiffened a bit more with chin up while murdering Vivaan in eyes. 

"Yes sir," Manik said and puffed. 

"Sir?" Daadu exclaimed and smiled.

__________________

It was late noon when they reached the trekking site. Elders had already checked in a hotel in feet of mountain and had all the plans to cherish the delicacies of region. Well, that was their plan of trekking. 

Manik was gearing up near site for his trek. There was a guide along giving instructions to the group of people who would be together in this trek. Manik as usual had nothing to hear as he was sure he was going to have his own way. Nandini was with Vivaan, was looking extremely bored but had all the fake smiles to bother Manik. Manik mumbled some curses under his breath and checked the GPS one last time. He started his quest and then a very familiar voice already interrupted his head start. 

"Where do you think you are going?" Nandini shouted from behind and Manik turned around. He could see entire group was staring him and on top of that guide was looking a bit stern. 

"You cannot get away from group," Guide warned and Manik rolled his eyes. 

"I am a certified trekker and I don't think so I need babysitting," He said and eyed Nandini. She pouted in anger and he smirked. 

"Besides, toddlers should stick to horde," He added and she literally sent some invisible knives his way as he could feel his skin pricking already with her angry glares. 

"Have fun, kids," He said and waved towards Nandini and Vivaan. He left the place whistling some song.

"Give me the knife you have put in bag," Nandini said to Vivaan. Vivaan could just look at her angry face and then her glare towards Manik. 

Trek had started and Nandini could actually beg someone to pick her up and walk to the peak. Snow was making her eyes hurt with sunshine striking it even when she had worn shades. 

"Why are you so boring?" Nandini cribbed as Vivaan fed her some stupid college story. He was taken aback at her statement. She was frustrated. First because her entire body was aching, second Manik was nowhere to be seen and that meant no fun at all. 

It was already evening and it had started to dark. Instructor told that they would be camping next mile and Nandini sighed in relief. They reached a well set camp in 20 minutes with kind of speed they had. Camp was beautiful. There were light spread across a vast area and she saw many trekkers resting there, having drinks near bonfire. Her eyes searched for Manik but he was nowhere to be seen. 

"Have that idiot even stopped at camp?" She murmured and walked inside the huddle of people where music was on and beer was only scent in air. 

There he was!

He was surrounded by two girls who were evidently flirting with him and he looked pissed. Well..expected!

He was shooting those girls glares and then frowning at their jokes. Nandini chuckled as she approached them. He saw her coming and relief for a second or two flashed on his face. Then some grumpy bug bit him and he frowned again. This time frowns were for Nandini and smiles for those girls. He started to talk with them sweetly. Out of sudden the pissed expression was gone and there was a stupid grin. Nandini chuckled even more. 

"Hello people," She greeted as she reached them. 

Those two girls checked Nandini from tip to toe and then frowned. Manik who was busy pretending, gave Nandini a stern stare. 

"So how's your trek?" She asked as she got settled in bean bag. 

"It was good... actually awesome! When you have good company, things ought to be awesome," He said and looked at those girls who had stars floating in their eyes. 

"Oh really," Nandini asked gritting her teeth but a plastered smile. 

"How was your boring trek?" He asked in sugary social tone.

"You just yourself answered that," She said and let out a fake chuckle. 

"Manik, you are so funny," She taunted and then pretended to have a heartily laugh. 

"My trek was even better than yours. You know Vivaan was so sweet to me. He even gave me a piggy ride," She elaborated and his smile drowned in murk of ire. 

Vivaan joined them with two bottles of beer. He handed one to Nandini and other he gulped in one go. 

"He took such good care of me," Nandini said with utterly animated face and other two girls went all, "Awwwwwww."

Manik by then was like a balloon who had just got aired a bit too much. He could burst out any moment. 

"Then I think we should give couple a bit privacy," He said and asked girls to leave place along with him. Nandini clenched bottle so hard that it almost cracked. 

"You know what, why you people would leave. We should leave. I think we are gonna crash. We are so tired," Nandini retaliated and then stood up with a grin. Manik's face fell. Tug of war was not going in his favor. 

"You are gonna sleep with him?" He asked offhand. 

"Yes, do you have any problem?" She asked harshly. 

He just kept looking at her angry face which was trying to mingle with smile.

"I'll take that as a no," She said and walked away stomping her boot. 

"Wow! Nandini, don't you think we are taking it too fast?" Vivaan asked being all elated about sharing a tent with Nandini. 

"Shut up," She yelled and then held him from his collar. 

"Listen to me now. You would sleep in separate tent and you are not telling this thing to anyone," She ordered and he gulped in fear. He nodded and she let go of his collar. 

_______________________

"No Nandini, this is not like what you think"

"No, no, I was not flirting with those girls. I swear."

"Please don't share tent with that idiot."

"Nandi....ni, listen to me naaaaa"

Manik was yet again back at speaking in sleep. 

"I swear I won't tease you," He murmured in sleep and then fell on ground with a thud. It took sweet minute to make him realize that he had fallen from bed and was now on cold icy ground. 

He took his windcheater and wore it. Undoing the zip of tent, he walked out. It was dead silence in camp. Everyone was asleep. He didn't know where she was. His stupid play couldn't even let him know where she was sleeping. Thought of she sharing a tent with Vivaan was clenching his insides. 

He saw shadow on some tent and then looked prudently towards that way. Someone was unzipping the tent and he walked rapidly towards that contour. Holding the arm, he jerked that person to face him. 

"You"

"What are you doing here?" He asked as he saw Nandini holding a bottle of beer in her hand. 

"What are you doing here?" She asked and then shrugged his hands away. 

"At 2 in morning, you are wandering out with a bottle of beer?" He asked in disbelief. 

"Actually, Vivaan needed a beer," She said casually and then shrugged her shoulders. 

He gripped her arms so hard this time that her skin ached even when we had worn a thick windcheater. 

"Kick that stupid thing out of your tent NOW," He commanded and Nandini furrowed her eyes. 

"And why would I do that?" She asked sharply. 

"Because...Because..." He fidgeted with words and then looked around mumbling something. 

"Because?" She asked coming closer and his eyes snapped back at her white cold face. 

"Because I don't trust that guy," He said and she pouted in disbelief. 

"I thought you would admit, cadet," She said shaking her head. 

"Admit what?" He asked in nervous tone. 

"That you are jealous," She said and again shook her head in disbelief. 

"Why would I be jealous?" He asked holding his chin high almost trying to behave brave. 

"Because my undivided attention is now divided and you are already feeling deprived," She said in one go and he couldn't believe her.

"You are impossible," Words came out of his mouth unknowingly. 

"Did you expect some other answer?" She asked trying to read disappointment on his face. 

"Nooo," He replied almost yelling. 

"Now, would you excuse me? He must be waiting for me," She said with a smile which he wanted to wipe away so bad. 

Before she could enter the tent, he stormed in and then looked everywhere to find Vivvan. His sleeves were already folded as if he was prepared to beat Vivaan. But there was no one. He even looked under quilt and bed.

"YOU LIED," He yelled and she entered the tent trying not to laugh.

"You really thought I would let that clown sleep in my tent?" She asked and he fumed in anger. He was again got fooled and this time even his nightmares were back. 

She laughed finally seeing his flustered face and he could just clench his hands trying not to stop her from laughing. 

"Urghhhhhh," He growled and then stomped out of tent leaving a laughing Nandini behind. 

_________________

Unedited*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 3.2K 42
what you thought was love...isn't love at all. This is... Naomi's story
138 1 9
oneshots!! yes!!
Old Love By Kai Mike

Mystery / Thriller

255 13 6
❗Important ❗ 1:this story talk about "Army"stuff so if you aren't Army so i think these doesn't fit you 2: this story in it some ↓ # Romantic🌹✨ # Ac...
233K 5.9K 111
Just read