She Kicks Ass

By Leesha19

Dee wasn't your ordinary twenty-four year old. She was specially trained for a secret CIA black ops division... More

She Kicks Ass
Preface part 2

chapter 1

1.6K 139 55
By Leesha19

Dedicated to dreaming thought for the awesome cover!

Hello everyone! sorry, I must apologise, this was suppose to be up yesterday(in my time zone) but technology failed me :( . So here it is. I hope you like it. I know it's short, but I have the attention span of about a gold fish. I'm not even kidding, I got distracted by a piece of cotton that looked like a spider. Eww, spiders freak me out and scare the sh** out of me. And also I had a ten hour Lord of the Rings marathon! Loved It!!

But anyway, I hope you like this. I know there are mistakes, but I'm a horrible editor and even when I re- read things there are always spelling/grammar errors. 

Please vote comment and fan!

Thanks, Leesha. 

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter One

Damn. It was going to be one of those days. There I was, minding my own business on the shooting range when I got a call from the General.  “What does that man want now?”I grumbled under my breath. I didn’t actually have a problem with the general, we got along great.

 It just pissed me off that he was cutting into me time. Wait who am I kidding? Commander Adelia Anderson never gets time off. I was twenty-four and part of a black ops CIA group. How many people can say that?

 Sometime I wished I had never become this person. I wished that I could have a normal life. But my chance at a normal life ended the day I turned six.

The mutilated murder of my family shaped me into the person I am today. At first I didn’t cope, I removed myself from the world, and then I realized there was no point of me surviving if I was going to live a half-life. The thing I regretted most was that my family’s killers were never found.

 My uncle had used his connections to find out who was responsible. It turned out it was the leader of a drug ring that took out a contract on their lives. Cops, the FBI, Secret Service and the CIA had been trying to get him for years. But he was as slippery as a snake. Most of the time we didn’t even know if the few pictures we had were actually Carlo Santori.

That’s his name, but he doesn’t go by that, they call him Nirvana. It means the place where God lives. Doesn’t take much to figure out he’s a cocky, arrogant bastard. I vowed that I would get my revenge. He would pay for what he did to my family, and I could guarantee it would not be the last thing I would do.

I would hunt him down like a lioness hunts her prey, and I would take him and his little drug friends down.

 Now when I go out on missions and see the things people are capable of, I’m proud that I can protect innocent human lives. Even if they don’t understand why or how I can do the job I do. Also, I liked kicking ass.

As I jumped up the stairs leading toward the General’s office, I smirked at the direction of my thoughts. My grin quickly turned to a scowl when I saw the General’s secretary, Mary. She was all up on her high horse, just because she worked for the General. I would think she was banging him, except the General’s been married happily for the last twenty-five years.

 Ignoring Mary, I walked towards the General’s door. I was just about to open it when Mary’s annoying, shrill voice pierced my ear. I’m not exaggerating, my ear literally hurt.

“Commander, I have not given you permission to enter the General’s office. I suggest you get back here and make an appointment. Now.” She sat there glaring at me with her freaky frog eyes.

Yeah, like I was going to listen to her, I just rolled my eyes at her and went into the office. I heard her shouting at me as I closed the door and grinned. I loved getting her winded up.

“Dee, I wish you wouldn’t do that.” Sighed the General.

“Do what?” I asked, shrugging innocently.

“You know…never mind, let’s just proceed.”  I looked around, taking in my surroundings. Even though I had been in this room countless of other time, I still examined every detail. In my world, what you don’t know will hurt you. The General’s office, as always was organized. It was creepy if you ask me; I’m not the neat, organized type.

The strong, wooden oak table was covered with documents and pictures of the General’s family. He tells me that they are what motive him to come to work every day. He then goes on to tell me that I need to find someone to share my life with, because I can’t be alone forever.

That’s what you get when your godfather is also your General. And no, I did not use that connection to get my rank at my young age. Last time I heard someone implying that, I scared him so much (without laying a finger on him thank you very much), that he didn’t come back to the base for weeks.

He was just jealous because my rank was higher than his. It used to bother me about what people would say. About how I was one of the youngest and highest ranked females in the department just because I was a suck up and cheat.

 I used that to my advantage now.  People always underestimate me, thinking I’m not going to take them down, then bam, all in one second my boot was on their throat and my gun was pointed towards their head.

Finally my eyes landed on General Oscar Taylor. His once chocolate brown hair had turned to as, with a few streaks of the brown left. His face was not wrinkled, but showed signs of old age.

 The skin there was rubbery and specked. His bright blue eyes stared directly into mine, while his firm posture stood behind his desk. He laid his hands on the desk and spoke to me in his deep, powerful voice.

“Dee, I have a job for you, one you’re not going to like.” He told me cautiously.

“Come on, it can’t be that bad, as long as there’s no body to guard, we’re all good.” I said to him, waving my hand in sign that I didn’t care. Then I caught the guilty look on his face.

“It’s babysitting, isn’t it?” I asked blandly.

 “Dee Dee, come on, it’ll be fun, and all you have to do is play dress up and make sure your cargo is safe, what’s so bad about that?”

“I told you not to call be that in public; you know I hate being called that!” I shouted in a whisper.

“Oops, sorry.” He looked at me sheepishly.

“Whatever,” I scoffed, “And no, you can’t make me go look after some stupid idiot that got themselves into deep sh**.  Why can’t I go on a rescue mission, or an undercover one, huh? Why can’t someone else do this?” I whined

“But Dee, you have to do this, the man being targeted doesn’t know he’s on a death list. Why you ask, because his father found out about some shifty business. To prevent him from going to the cops, Nirvana sent out a hit on his son as a warning.” My uncle explained.

Nirvana. That name stopped whatever other thought that had been in my head. Nirvana. The man who was responsible for so many deaths. The man who had uttered a few words and changed my life forever.

“Nirvana.” I whispered. My uncle looked at me with sad eyes.

“Yes Dee, that’s why I specifically requested you for this, I have a feeling that this time we’ll get him…for good. When you find him Dee, bring him into custody, don’t kill him unless it’s in self defense. You could go to jail for the rest of your life for doing that.” He told me seriously.

“Eh, doesn’t matter either way, you and me both know no jail cell can hold me. I’ll find a way out an hour after they lock me up.”I said to him jokingly.

“Oh Dee, what am I going to do with you?”He asked as he shook his head.

“Help me escape?” Looking at him pleadingly with a pouty face. He laughed at this and turned serious again.

“Please Dee, I got you back after you spent so many years afraid of the world, I don’t want to lose you. You’re more than just a goddaughter to me. You are my daughter.”

I looked at him and saw the emotion swimming in his eyes.

“Don’t worry Uncle Oscar; I’ll try my best, but no promises. Only because it’s you. At the end of the day I think of you as a father, my father. And I know I that if wasn’t for you and Aunt Olive, I would never have been as strong as I am today.”

“Okay, enough mushy stuff for now Dee Dee.” He said as he smirked at me. I groaned at the nickname.

“So what’s the targets name?” I asked.

“Chase O’Riley. The son of Bill O’Riley, owner of O’Riley toys. Born fourth November nineteen eighty six. His age-twenty-five. He works in his father’s company as the head marketing developer in New York. You will be going undercover to work as his secretary. His unattractive secretary, we don’t want him to take any interest in you. “

I rolled my eyes at the last part. I was pretty sure that was my uncle’s little add on. I was twenty-four and he was still over protective. Even though he was the one telling me I needed to find someone to, and I quote “share lives great adventures with.”Talk about mixed messages.

“Okay Sir, send the files to my office so I can look over them.  I’ll leave by no later than tomorrow to New York City. I have an apartment near O’Riley’s company, so I’m all set.” I said switching back into my professional mode. I saluted the General and made my way out of his office.

When I stepped out, I saw Mary giving me the evil eye. “What’s wrong Mary? Jealous that the General loves me more than you?” I goaded.

“Do not,” she growled, “I repeat, do not ever enter that office without my permission, or I will partition a complaint directly to the General.” She mocked smugly as she talked.

 Her face made me want to gag. Just as she was saying this, my uncle stepped out of his office.

“Sir, if Mary sent you a complaint about me not listening to her, what would you do?” I know it was childish. I mean, what would he do to me, I’m basically his daughter. Also, he hated Mary. But if he fired her she would have no job and would be unable to feed her whiny son. Her whiny thirty year old son if I may add.

He looked at us emotionlessly. “What would I do about it? I would rather not have my butt kicked by my goddaughter who is less than half my age.” I beamed triumphantly at Mary.

“Ha take that bitc-“I started when my uncle cut me off. Oh yeah, I wasn’t suppose to swear any more. I made a bet with my uncle about that.

 “I was going to say bittercup. “ My uncle looked unconvinced. “Oh come on, would I lie to you?

“You tell me Dee Dee.” I just rolled my eyes and continued my way out of the reception area. I smirked to myself. Me one, freaky frog eyed lady, zero.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~

Chase O’Riley. There’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time. He’s another name from my past. I had always had a crush on him. I was just too stubborn to admit it when I was a teenager. But hey, what girl wouldn’t. Him, with his messy midnight black hair. His sea green eyes. His muscular, yet slender build.  

I sighed as I looked at my desk. Papers were splatter all over, like a mini bomb had hit it. I really needed to clean that up when I got back. The helicopter would be here in an hour to pick me up, so I needed to get to the helipad.  

I looked at my computer screen and my eyes came to a rest on a face. Chase O’Riley, you are about to get one hell of a surprise.  I smirked and sauntered out my office, leaving the life I once knew behind.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N- Do people actually read these notes? Never mind, I just hope you enjoyed it. This was more to have reasoning to why she sees Chase again. Yay we get to meet Chase in the next chapter, do you think he'll remember her?!!

I should have it up by next week if I'm lucky!

I'll try to make the next chapter a bit funny, just because. 

And Again, If you haven't already, Vote comment and fan!!

Continue Reading