Preface part 2

Dedication to GloomyCupid for becoming my first fan <3

HI People out there reading this. Thanks for reading, this is the second part of my preface. It's mostly just background to help you understand Dee's character more. The next chapter will offically be the start. I'm going to write it in first person because I suck at first person and I need practise. Also I think it will help describe what the character is feeling more easily. I would love any feedback, is my story good, ok, bad, or does it just plain suck...I don't mind your opinion, writing is just a hobby, so it won't ruin my life or whatever.

Enough from me now. Just remeber to vote, fan and comment and i'd love to chat with any of you :D

Thanks Leesha

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ten years later

Dee wasn't so little anymore. She had grown up. After the day of her sixth birthday her godparents had shown up to find Dee still clinging to her mother's lifeless body. They had been shocked and sad. They seemed to know what had happened, but decided against telling Dee until she was old enough to understand.

They had watched the years went by and saw their broken goddaughter turn into a beautiful young lady. Not that she would show the world that. Oscar knew why Dee hid herself. She didn't want to get close anyone or anything.

She was always cautions, as if the things she enjoyed the most would be taken away from her in a split second, just like her family all those years ago.

Dee wasn't that same charismatic person anymore. She had grown her dark locks long, so they covered her face. She wore baggy clothes that made her look like she had just stepped off the street. She hardly talked at all. She was different and because of that she was bullied at school. Not physically, because since she was six she had trained in all forms of fighting.

She had over fifteen black belts, ranging from taekwondo to kung fu. She even learnt to street fight. But she refused to let any of the kids at school to see her, not the façade she had made, but the real her. She was still that happy go lucky girl, that part of her was buried deep inside and refused to come out because of the events that haunted her, while she slept and while she was awake.

She was called "emo" by most. She wasn't though, she didn't hurt herself and she didn't want to. There was one thing she wasn't and that was a coward. She wouldn't want to disappoint her family and she didn't want to disappoint herself.

Life was a gift and could be taken away anytime. She believed in herself, so when she was called names at school and put down by the ignorant people that surrounded her, she didn't let it bother her. She had her godparents and her family.

Dee knew they had died, that was a given, but they lived inside of her and she knew wherever they were they watched over her. Dee had love in her life and nothing else mattered. But sometimes things got tough and sometimes the words that were thrown in her face really packed a punch.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Well, well, well, look who it is. Dee you little freak, why are you in my way?" Samantha, the schools 'queen' looked down at Dee who a wide smirk. Dee had just been standing in the never ending cafeteria line when Samantha had walked up behind her.

She hated Dee, more than she had hated anyone. She was self-centered and though only of herself. She would always get other people to join in her 'make Dee's life a misery' plots.

Samantha knew that underneath the dreary locks of hair, and the huge oversized clothing Dee wore, she was beautiful, more beautiful than Samantha could have ever hoped to be. She felt threatened by Dee, so she was continuously thinking of ways to make sure Dee never showed her true colors.