The Next Generation: Teddy Lu...

By Dobby_Is_My_Hero_

It's Teddy Lupin's first year at Hogwarts. Time to make friends, enemies and have the best time of his life... More

Chapter 1 - Teddy
Chapter 2 - Teddy
Chapter 3 - Victoire
Chapter 4 - Teddy
Chapter 5 - Victoire
Chapter 6 - Teddy
Chapter 7 - Teddy
Chapter 8 - Victoire
Chapter 10 - Victoire
Chapter 11 - Teddy
Chapter 12 - Teddy
Chapter 13 - Victoire
Chapter 14 - Teddy

Chapter 9 - At Potter Place and Teddy

389 13 2
By Dobby_Is_My_Hero_

Sorry it took so long! I was making up the other magic schools in Europe and had a bit or writer's block of how to go about it. I still think it's pretty boring, but it's a long chapter.

Enjoy!

Miss Weasley

Chapter 9 – At Potter Place and Teddy

Bill looked around, waiting for his eldest daughter to come spinning out of the flames but she didn’t come. Gradually the flickering flames turned back to glowing orange and Bill started to get worried.

Power-walking into the living room of the Potter’s home, greetings were called out to him and Charlie jumped up to welcome his brother but this all died down at the look on his face.

“Bill? What’s wrong?” Ginny asked, setting baby Lily down in a cot.

“Has anyone seen Vic?” he questioned desperately.

Fleur rolled her eyes. “Zat girl! She ees probably just playing a treeck on you, Bill! I wouldn’t worree, she weell get bored soon.”

Bill sighed and his shoulders fell. “I guess.” He took a seat next to Charlie and joined in with the chatter that sprung up but the thought of Victoire lingered in a corner of his mind.

*

It had been four days since Flitwick had woken up in his classroom, dripping wet, facing the extremely guilty looks of his students. But they had remained tight-lipped, and no words had been said about what had passed between the Slytherins and Hufflepuffs. Ivy and Emma Cart, though, had been at each other’s throats at every waking moment, trying to outdo the other in every way possible.

Today was the day the schools abroad would be arriving to stay at Hogwarts. Gellentarta had told the school yesterday at dinner about the problem and Teddy, Ivy and Brendan had all shared knowing looks. Magical tents had been going up all day with charms being placed all around them. Most schools would have places to stay of their own but for those who didn’t, Gellentarta had decided to make them welcome to warm, dry tents when they arrived.

Lessons had been cancelled for the whole day to prepare for the streams of students walking through the Hogwarts halls. Some older students were helping the teachers enlarge everything to accommodate everyone.

The first years had been told to get ready for the welcome. The girls had immediately sprinted to their dormitories to take the best shower first. The boys had plodded up slowly after them. When the finally arrived, they weren’t squabbling about whose hairbrush was better like the girls. Teddy and Brendan got ready together and talked a little to the other first year Hufflepuff boys, Tom Hargrove, Dennis Knowles and Paul Kroll. Teddy liked them well enough, though he thought Paul Kroll was a bit mouthy and rude.

When Teddy and Brendan trooped into the common room, Ivy was already waiting for them, having just showered and thrown her hair into a messy but pretty bun.

“It’s crazy up there,” she told them. “Clara Parsons was begging me to let her put make-up on me. I downright refused. Come on, we’re only eleven!” Teddy chuckled, imagining Ivy shouting at Clara to get make-up away from her.

“Shall we go down?” Brendan asked. “I want to meet some new people.”

“Yeah let’s go,” agreed Ivy.

“You do know that none of these people will be our age,” Teddy reminded Brendan as they started towards the Entrance Hall. Brendan just shrugged.

The Entrance Hall was busy with students pouring out into the grounds to wait for the schools. McGonagall was directing each year group to their positions. When they reached her, she gave them a quick glance and said, “Front row.”

“Good,” muttered Brendan. “Best view.”

The three of them took their spots in front of the second years who were clowning about behind them. Eventually, all the Hogwarts students where outside waiting for the visitors to arrive.

“It’s cold,” a third year shivered.

“Shush! We don’t need to hear your troubles,” commanded an older student.

They waited for ten more minutes, full of complaints, until something finally came to a fifth year’s attention. “Look!” the girl cried, pointing at the lake.

A ship’s mast was rising from the swirling water. “That’s got to be Durmstrang,” Teddy said. Sure enough, the sails all had the Durmstrang symbol emblazoned on them, and young men in thick, fur coats were rushing about on board, directing the ship towards the shore.

The headmaster of the Durmstrang Institute jumped down from the ship as soon as it was pulled ashore. He walked briskly up to the waiting students. Gellentarta came forward to meet him.

“Alvar,” he greeted the foreign man.

“Good to see you Arnold,” the man spoke with a deep voice that rang out clearly. “Seeing as we are first to arrive, would it be okay if my students waited on ship until the grand entrance?”

Gellentarta agreed and the man trotted back to the ship to start giving out orders. The Hogwarts headmaster turned to his students, “That was Professor Alvar Frazen of Durmstrang Institue.”

And steadily each school came and each did the same; jump down from their means of travel and request to stay isolated until everyone arrived. Finally, the Magical Education for Spanish Wizards arrived and the Hogwarts students trudged back inside, cold and shivering.

The Great Hall had undergone some slight renovations. The four houses had been given three-quarters of their normal seating area while the other quarter was for two or three other schools to put their handful of students.

Teddy, Brendan and Ivy plopped down at the Hufflepuff to await the official arrival of the schools.

“They take this way too seriously,” moaned Teddy. “I can’t feel my toes!”

“I know! Why did we have to stand out in the cold waiting for them to come, when we could’ve been in here doing… stuff,” Ivy complained.

“Stop whining you two,” Brendan said cheerfully. “This year will be exciting for sure.”

Before Teddy or Ivy could argue, Gellentarta had stood up for an announcement. “Students of Hogwarts! Tonight, magic communities across Europe have come together to fight the evil coming to this school. The ages of these students will be around sixteen to seventeen, so sixth and seventh years, I ask you to take care of our visitors in any way possible. They will join in with lessons with the older students, depending on their age. Each Hogwarts house has been assigned two schools in their care. I ask you to respect their ways and traditions. But without further ado, I give you the boys of the Durmstrang Institute and their headmaster Professor Alvar Frazen!”

The doors of the Great Hall burst open and some tough-looking boys marched through to the Slytherin table. Professor Frazen walked with them until they stopped, where he continued to the Head Table. Once he sat down, his students did so to.

“The ladies of Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and Madam Olympe Maxime!” The beautiful girls from Beauxbatons students sat with Ravenclaw, much to some of the Hogwarts students delight.

“Ándros School of Magic and Lady Katerina Kazan!” This was a large bunch of students, who took their places at the Hufflepuff table.

“Magical Education for Spanish Wizards and Professor Sandalio Cruz!” The Spanish students were quite a small group, taking their place at Gryffindor.

“Albanian Magic College and Master Aleksander Dibra and Mistress Chidi Baris!” Albanian Magic College looked pretty mean to Teddy and a feeling of dread came upon him when they sat at Slytherin.

“Farmece Facultate of Romania and de bază Maria Grigorescu!” Ivy snorted at the look of the girls from the Magic Faculty of Romania, and when they sat down next to the Beauxbatons girls, she made a show of rolling her eyes and pretending to be a girly-girl.

“Danish Magic Colony and Professor Kamilla Delgado!” These students sat at Hufflepuff but didn’t make an impression on Teddy.

“And last but not least, Italian Reparto of Magia and Direttore Durante Zanetti!” Gellentarta waited until the Italians had taken their seats before he started to talk again. “Welcome to Hogwarts! I hope my students will make you feel at home, even as far away from your own. As you all know, the Death Eaters are making their way towards us and you have all very kindly stepped up to the challenge of taking them down. We have the help of the Aurors in the Ministry and others who fought in the war, but did not pursue the job of an Auror. I ask you not to distract them when they are on duty, for your own sake and everyone else’s. I think that’s all, enjoy the feast!”

Halfway through everyone’s meal, the grand doors swung open once more. In the doorway stood Harry Potter, his face grim.

-----------

Yeah, pretty boring for the announcing of the schools, I know. Sorry, I didn't know how to jazz it up! If you have any ideas, I welcome them greatly! Just so you know, this book gets written when I think of an idea and I just type it. It doesn't have any real plan to it.

Anyway please vote and comment! I'm always open to what you have to say!

Miss Weasley

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 9.3K 35
Back at Hogwarts for her second year in the modern world, equipped with a brilliant group of friends and a boy who loves her dearly, Azalea Hogwarts...
638 38 13
Aiden Black has had the most eventful times of his life when he began his first year at Hogwarts. Now, he never expected his life to turn into what...
297 46 40
Hi, it's James. James Potter. You probably know my last name as my father is Harry Potter. Yes, you've heard right, my father's THE Harry Potter. Any...
58.8K 1.3K 18
Teddy and Victiore have known each other since babyhood. One afternoon the two kids made a promise that Teddy would never look at Vic the way most bo...