seasons | ᴵᴷᴼᴺ

By jeonsobi

ㅡ ❝I hope our memories are like the sunset, short and beautiful.❞ collection of my iKON oneshots/imagines. More

ᴷᴴᴮ × ᴷᴶᵂ | until the day i die
ᴷᴶᴴ × ᴷᴶᴴ | lost & found
ᴷᴴᴮ × ᴷᴶᵂ | cute
ᴷᴴᴮ × ᴷᴶᵂ | between the snowflakes
ᴷᴶᴴ × ᴷᴶᴴ | elevator eve

ᴷᴶᴴ × ᴷᴶᴴ | the things one does for love

709 29 4
By jeonsobi

2016 | complete

vampire au.

requested by: purexheroin (asianfanfics)

mentions of the FBI - in korea it's actually the NIS, but i kept on writing FBI anyways.

evolution is a bitch, so i changed the definition of those stereotypical vampires to some more 'human' ones.

well i'm, once again, back with another request.

He couldn't see anything, everything was just pitch black. But, suddenly the darkness turned into different colors of bright yellow, orange and red. He knew he should be happy that the darkness was finally gone and that bright colors took over. However, for some reasons the colors seemed to be angry, almost mad. He kept staring at them for a while until he understood that those weren't just mere colors. It was fire. Fire, that was slowly creeping up on him, following him everywhere he went. He took a few steps back, but suddenly his back run into something hard, maybe a wall. There was no way for him out now. He kept his gaze on the angry flames. He hated fire more than anything, yet at the same time he found himself being drawn to them on a very special base. He knew fire was able to burn down everything, destroy and kill, yet without fire one couldn't keep oneself warm during winter or see at night. He knew fire was dangerous, yet so important.

And to him, fire had a very special meaning. Well, he couldn't think about that now, he had to get away from those flames which dared to burn him alive. He looked around, finding nothing but darkness everywhere the fire's light didn't lit up its surroundings. He was so shocked by the sudden appearance of the flames that he had completely forgotten to breathe. He started coughing and soon he was in desperate need for air. He took a deep breath, however, his lunges wouldn't fill with air since the smoke was already too much. He leaned back at the wall, gasping for air, staring at the flames. And then he slipped down onto the floor, still staring at the flames, which were now raging above him. He knew this was his end, there was no way out, no place to escape to. He would die here and he would never be able to say 'thank you' to his savior. Suddenly he heard a loud cry for help. Was he the one screaming?

Junhoe opened his eyes, staring at the ceiling above him. He was drenched in sweat and he was panting heavily. He closed his eyes after some time, trying to calm himself down by muttering: 'it was just a dream. Just a dream.'

It had been a while since he had dreamed of the flames the last time. Each time the flames manged to kill him in the end, like he had been supposed to die all those years ago. Junhoe sighed heavily, knowing he wouldn't be able to sleep for the rest of the night. He took a quick glance over to the clock on his nightstand, checking the time. He sighed as he saw that it was only 03:35 am. He sat up in his bed, looking around his room. Nothing had changed. He sighed again, getting up from his bed. He walked over to his open window, inhaling some fresh air. He looked outside, soon the birds would start to sing. Junhoe smiled a little, he liked listening to their beautiful melodies, it remembered him of beautiful memories with his parents. However, sadness started welling up inside him with the upcoming of those dear memories.

A few years ago, when he had been only twelve years old, a fire inside his parents' home had killed them, had burned them alive. He still remembered their pained screams, it caused his heart to start bleeding every time he remembered the desperate cries for help, or those for him. He remembered the way his mother had cried his name and had asked him if he was okay. Until today he couldn't understand why his mother had been concerned about him while she had been burnt to death by the fire. And what else he couldn't understand was why he was still here, why he was still alive. He remembered the way he had been lying on the floor, crying for his parents to help him. He had been so afraid. All he wanted back then was to run to his parents, but he couldn't, because they were dying just two rooms further. He remembered a black silhouette emerging from the flames, walking towards him. Until today he didn't know who his savior was.

He remembered years after his parents had died, he had questioned his grandparents about it. 'Nobody knows how you managed to get into the garden, dear. The firefighter only found you when the house already burned down to its foundation.' His grandmother had explained to him. He didn't understand. Still today, eleven years later, nobody knew who had saved him from his death. However, all those years he couldn't keep himself from thinking that he actually deserved to die, like he had been supposed to die there. Maybe he wasn't allowed to be alive, yet he was and he had no idea whom he owed that to.

Junhoe decided to stop thinking about it for the time being, he actually wanted to sleep a little while longer, even though he knew he wouldn't be able to. After some more minutes passed by he decided to just take a shower and prepare for work, so he did. He walked over to the bathroom, careful to not wake his roommates. He took a quick shower and then walked back to his room to get dressed. He looked around his room once more. He sighed, packing his stuff for work. He took another glance at the clock. 04:15 am. 'Well, what am I supposed to do with myself at this hour?' he asked himself. He decided to look over some files since he had to write reviews for his chief.

"June?" he suddenly heard a quiet voice coming from the door. Junhoe turned his head to look at his hyung. Jinhwan was looking at him with concern written all over his face. "Did you have another nightmare?" Jinhwan continued. Junhoe just nodded his head, he knew he couldn't lie to his hyung. Jinhwan always knew when he was lying to him and to be honest, Junhoe didn't like lying to his hyung. There was no need to after all. Jinhwan came over to him, caressing his shoulders. "You should try to sleep some more, June." Jinhwan suggested. Junhoe, however, shook his head slightly.
"It's too late for that now. I would have to get up at 05:00 am anyways." Junhoe explained, sighing quietly. Jinhwan then started caressing his hair and Junhoe couldn't keep himself from slightly leaning into the touch. He had never been able to keep himself away from his hyung or even to not lean into the elder's comforting touches. Jinhwan chuckled a little.
"You like that, don't you?" Jinhwan asked with an amused voice. Junhoe just nodded slightly. "I'll make breakfast for you, make sure to come to the kitchen in a few minutes." Jinhwan said, leaving the room. Junhoe followed his hyung with his eyes until the older was gone. Junhoe sighed once again as soon as he couldn't see his hyung anymore. It was weird, he always felt so secure when the older was with him, like Jinhwan was his anchor.

They met a few years ago. Junhoe had been attending university back then. Jinhwan had been just there at the big campus. Until today Junhoe had no idea what Jinhwan had been doing on there and every time Junhoe asked about it, Jinhwan would just shrug his shoulders. They had become friends in no time. They had spent all their free time together and soon Junhoe introduced the older one to his other friends. They were now living together, all seven of them. It was weird to live together with so many guys, however, each of them got used to it and now they couldn't imagine a world in which they wouldn't be living together.

Junhoe loved his friends, even though he often denied that. However, with Jinhwan it was special. He loved all of his friends they were his brothers, however, for Jinhwan he felt way more than that. He soon had realized that Jinhwan was what he would call 'home'. He had to admit to himself that he fell for Jinhwan the moment he saw him, however, all those years he had felt like the two of them had known each other even longer, Junhoe just didn't get why. He had tried to talk with Jinhwan about that, had asked him if Jinhwan could remember if they had met when they were younger, but Jinhwan also just said: 'why are you starting with this again? June, I have no idea what you're talking about.'

But Jinhwan knew everything.

Junhoe decided to follow the older one to the kitchen, he knew Jinhwan would get mad at him if he would keep him waiting for too long. Jinhwan loved to care for him, but what he really didn't like was if somebody kept him waiting, especially when Jinhwan did something 'good' for them.

Junhoe hurried into the kitchen, watching his hyung as he prepared the breakfast. Junhoe walked over to the kitchen table and sat down beside it, still watching his hyung.
"Hyung, why are you even awake at this hour?" Junhoe asked, noticing how his hyung froze in place for a single second. Any other of their roommates wouldn't have noticed the change in Jinhwan this one second long, but Junhoe was working for the FBI, he was used to notice such sudden change even if it only lasted for seconds. Junhoe bent his head slightly to the left and kept on watching his hyung. Jinhwan then turned around to look at him and surprise was written all over his face. Junhoe was about to as him 'why are you so surprised?', however Jinhwan prevented that by speaking up at first.
"June, stop making a profile about me. I already told you that I don't want that." Jinhwan complained. Junhoe blinked at his hyung, he was seriously surprised. How could he know Junhoe was watching him that way? "You know I'm not some kind of a psychopath like those you usually deal with. Actually, I feel more like your mother." Jinhwan added. Junhoe then started laughing.
"You surely are no psychopath and neither my mother." Junhoe stated, laughing. Jinhwan just sighed at that. "I was just surprised my question took you by surprise." Junhoe added. He heard Jinhwan sighing again. Jinhwan really was annoyed by the youngers behavior.
"Oh god, please tell me you'll be gone for another mission for a few days again. I need some without-June-time." Jinhwan complained, turning over again. Now it was Junhoe's time to sigh.
"Well, the others didn't contact me yet so no mission, well, until now." Junhoe answered, getting up to make some coffee. Jinhwan just shrugged his shoulders. "So, hyung, mind telling me now why you're awake?" Junhoe added. Jinhwan looked over to him.
"I have been reading a book. Forgot to watch the time." Jinhwan answered, placing the breakfast on the table.
"It's always the same with you. Do you ever sleep?" Junhoe asked amused. Jinhwan then walked out of the kitchen towards his room, muttering: 'I never sleep.'

Junhoe was finally allowed to head home from work. Today they had managed to solve another mission, however, this time they hadn't had to visit another city, this time all happened in Seoul. Jooheon was kinda glad about it since he really wanted to go home at the end of the day. And he was also still able to feel the shock about the nightmare in his bones. He talked for a while to the fellow agents and then he decided to finally go home.

We walked over to the elevators and took one of them down to the parking lots. He then walked over to his car. As he walked over to his car he saw somebody moving behind the cars. He acted as if he didn't notice, however, he was super aware that somebody was watching him. Just as he wanted to move around to point his gun at his follower, a hand grabbed his shoulder. He moved around and pointed his gun to the guy's head. He then started blinking as he looked into Chanwoo's eyes.
"Uh, hyung? Could you.. uhm.. please?" Chanwoo stuttered, obviously just as surprised as Junhoe himself. Junhoe then put his gun back in its holster while keeping his eyes on the younger.
"I'm sorry, Chanwoo." Junhoe muttered.
"Well, it's okay. What's up? Why did you have to point a gun right at my head?" Chanwoo asked, looking at him a little frightened. Junhoe sighed.
"I'm sorry, Chanwoo. I thought you were following me." Junhoe muttered. Chanwoo sighed as well, looking at the older.
"Well no, I just wanted to say 'hello', so hello hyung." Chanwoo said with a smile on his face.
"Well, hey.. why are you here?" Junhoe asked.
"I'm the technical analyst of your unit, did you forget? We've been working together a while now, you know? Every day of the week?" Chanwoo stated, slightly shaking his head.
"No, I didn't forget. I meant why are you here? Wasn't today supposed to be your day off?" Junhoe asked in return. Chanwoo chuckled a little.
"Yes, it was, but the chief needed me for something my stand-in couldn't decipher, so here I am." Chanwoo explained, looking over to the elevators. "Okay, I gotta go, hyung. We'll see each other later at home, right?" Chanwoo continued, already heading over to the elevators and getting into one. Junhoe didn't even have the time to answer a 'yes'. He just shook his head and finally walked over to his car. He drove home in silence. Normally he would listen to music while driving, however, today he didn't feel like it.

Hours later they were all siting together in front of the TV, watching a random drama. Each of them was exhausted by the busy day, almost falling asleep. It was kinda funny. They were living together since university. They were older now, adults, however, some things just didn't seem to change. They used to spend the evening together after university, watching TV until late at night. Well, that definitely didn't change. There were many other things that didn't change. Such as the way they took care of each other, or the way Hanbin and Jiwon kept tiptoeing around each other instead of confessing, or the way none of them knew what the eldest, Jinhwan, did for a living. All they knew was that he was often leaving their apartment after midnight, calling it a 'emergency call from work'.

Junhoe looked over to Jinhwan, who was sitting beside Hanbin, who had his head on Jiwon's shoulder and was almost asleep. Jiwon seemed to have already fallen asleep. Jinhwan, however, seemed like something was worrying him. Junhoe kept looking at his hyung, analyzing the way he was acting. Suddenly, Jinhwan turned his head and looked straight into his eyes. Junhoe knew he shouldn't be surprised by the sudden action, but he still was. Jinhwan then sighed, obviously annoyed.
"You're doing it again, June." Jinhwan said quietly, standing up and leaving the room. Junhoe kept his eyes on his hyung.

Jinhwan sighed as he walked into his room. This was bad, really bad. He hadn't eaten in days and slowly he really had to. He felt the way he lost control over his actions and also his body. He knew if he wouldn't get some fresh blood as fast as possible he would soon go feral. Yes, blood. He, Jinhwan, was an effin' vampire. A vampire that lived together with 6 other guys, could control his hunger and was everything opposite from a typical vampire one would read about in books. Well, reality was always different from fiction. Fact was vampires weren't that different from humans after all. He could see himself in the reflection of a mirror. He didn't have to go hunt for fresh blood every night, just once in a while, vampires really could control that. They were even able to eat normal human food, even though they would probably get some stomach ache in the end. Yes, stomach ache, they could feel pain. Back then, when had gotten to know his now roommates, he had cut down his nutrition on blood to a limit. He wanted to get older with them, so he decided it was worth it. He didn't have red eyes, nope, his eyes were dark brown. Onion and crosses didn't kill him. Hell, why should those things even kill a vampire? It's not like those things were alive and dared to kill them with a knife or something. What indeed was different about him was the fact that vampires didn't need to sleep every night, they were perfectly capable of staying awake for several days. Jinhwan, for example, slept only about two to four times in two weeks. He indeed got older, however, he could control that to nearly stop that relating to how much blood his consumed. So, basically, vampires indeed got older than normal humans, however they would die one day as well. Really, nobody wanted to live forever. He knew his ancestors were able to live for hundreds of years, however, evolution even took its toll on vampires and all the other creatures out there. Nothing just stayed the same, because everything that stayed the same was just dead. And Jinhwan surely didn't want to be dead. Oh yeah, and he couldn't turn into a bat or some other animal.

Of course, there were some other things that made him different from normal humans. He, of course, could die or be killed, but it was much harder. Why? Only hell knows, Jinhwan didn't want to find out about that. He was stronger than normal humans, much stronger, but he didn't show that to anybody. He was small, people would get suspicious. Well, there were many other things, but they aren't important now.

Jinhwan looked out of the window, inhaling the fresh air of the night. To be honest, he didn't want to go hunting. He didn't really like it, he never did. He thought of it as a waste of time, time that he could spend with his friends, with Junhoe. Jinhwan's thoughts drifted back to the younger, remembering how the younger looked at him. Jinhwan was sure Junhoe was suspicious of his behavior ever since they met, but Junhoe seemed to have gotten used to it. Jinhwan was worried for nothing. He thought some more about Junhoe. The fact that Jinhwan cared for the younger so much hit him once again, causing a hurricane of different feelings inside his body. He really loved the younger. Many years ago he had promised to himself that he would protect the younger forever. Yes, he was the one who had saved the younger from burning to death.

Back that night Jinhwan had been on a hunting drip. He had been following that one guy on the streets for quite some time, however, suddenly a very sweet and delicate smell had reached his nose. Jinhwan had stopped following that random dude at the second he had smelled that delicate smell he had stopped in his tracks and followed it. However, to his misfortune, he had found the owner of that delicate smell inside a burning house. He had been standing outside for some time, arguing with himself if he should go inside nonetheless or not. Well, he hadn't been ready to die even though he had known that the fire might only burn him a little. Anyways, after a few seconds of heated discussing with himself, he had decided to just at least take a look at the owner of that smell. He had gotten into the house through the back door, and had made his way up the stairs. It had been brutally hot in there, the flames had burned his skin everywhere they had touched him. He had been hissing in pain, however he had known it would heal in no time anyways. He had made his way through the house. Somewhere he had been able to hear desperate screams for help. He had even heard a woman calling 'June' or 'Junhoe' over and over again. Jinhwan had tried to ignore the screams, however, the further into the house he had gotten the need to just look for this 'Junhoe' and eventually save him if possible became bigger and bigger. He had been really surprised when he had reached the last room of the house and had found a little boy lying on the floor. He hadn't been able to believe his eyes. The smell had come from that little boy, who was lying there on the floor as if life would have already left him. Jinhwan had been watching the boy's eyes for some time. Junhoe's eyes had been reflecting the flames like the flames were burning him from the inside. Jinhwan had been able to deal with that one second longer. He walked over to the boy and out him into his arms. He then made sure to get the boy out of the house without letting the flames burn the innocent boy.

Jinhwan had laid the little boy down into the grass a little further away from the house. He wanted to head back to the house to save his parents, but by the time he had managed to get the boy out of it the screams had already been silenced and Jinhwan hadn't been able to smell them anymore. He had decided to stay with the boy a little more. Junhoe's scent had become less due to his heart pumping the blood slower through his body, cause by the lack of oxygen. Jinhwan had gotten the little Junhoe out of the burning house just in time. As firefighters had tried to extinguish the fire, Jinhwan had slowly gotten up and backed away from the boy. He had known Junhoe would be save, however, Jinhwan had decided that night to always watch over the little Junhoe. And so he did, ever since that night.

He just couldn't remember when the feeling of protecting the younger turned into something more like love. Jinhwan loved Junhoe with all his heart, with all his being. He would stay at Junhoe's side forever, through whatever the younger might have to face in his future. Jinhwan would always make sure to protect him. He would even give his life for his little Junhoe.

Jinhwan suddenly was woken up from his daydreaming as he felt arms around his waist. He knew it was Junhoe. Junhoe's smell was more delicate than ever before and Jinhwan noticed that he really had to get some blood this night. In order to not go feral at the spot he decided to focus on the feeling Junhoe's embrace caused inside him. Jinhwan closed his eyes and leaned into the embrace. He heard Junhoe's quiet chuckle beside his right ear. Jinhwan moved his head to the right to face the younger, who was sadly bigger than him. Junhoe looked at him in return.
"Are you still mad?" Junhoe asked quietly. Jinhwan chuckled shortly.
"No, I'm not. But you have to let me go now. I've got an emergency call. I have to leave." Jinhwan said and heard Junhoe sighing.
"Why? Why do you have to leave again? And where are you going? You never tell me. What if something happens to you?" Junhoe asked, his voice filled with concern and worry. Jinhwan just chuckled and got himself out of Junhoe's embrace. He smiled at the younger for a few seconds. He then kissed the younger's cheek and left the room. Junhoe blinked for a few seconds. He then turned over to follow his hyung, however Jinhwan was already gone.

Jinhwan walked through the city, looking for a matching 'prey'. Oh, how he hated all this. He really was too lazy for this shit. He really wasn't a 'good' vampire. He had met enough other vampires who loved hunting to say this about himself. Many other vampires couldn't understand why he was living on his limits, cutting down his life time and soon he got bored by explaining over and over again. Others might want to live for as long as they could, the only thing that mattered to him was that he could live together with his friends. He couldn't do that if he didn't get older, so he just took himself to every possible limit.

Another thing that really tired the hell out of him while 'hunting' was the fact that nobody smelled delicious to him. Well, Junhoe did, but he would never lay a finger on Junhoe. In fact, Jinhwan was so drawn to the younger that he only longed for the younger's blood and no other blood tasted even bearable to him. He was even disgusted by the blood of other humans. Well, the things you do for love. He surely wouldn't drink Junhoe's blood. He had no idea if he would be able to stop if he ever got the possibility to. Well, he wouldn't let things go that far. He would make sure things would stay the way they were now.

Jinhwan wandered around the streets of Seoul for some more time, constantly looking for a victim that could 'satisfy' his hunger for blood. A miracle happened, and after some more time he finally found a guy that smelled 'okay' to him. Jinhwan followed that dude, who just left a nightclub and was obviously slightly drunk. Jinhwan didn't really care about that. After all it would be easier that way. Jinhwan followed that guy for some time. But watching that guy swaying from one side to the other slowly got him bored. Hunting really was no fun. The guy sometimes stopped to look back, he obviously felt followed even though he was drunk. Jinhwan, of course, made sure to not let himself be seen. He chuckled as that guy almost ran into a street lamp. However, Jinhwan was really bored after that. Other vampires often told him how they hunted their 'pray' for several minutes, seeing the fright and panic written all over their faces. Well, Jinhwan had never experienced that, he wasn't even interested in it. Hell, he didn't even kill his victims. He only drunk as much as his body would need and then let go of them, however he made sure that nobody would see his marks. Instead of putting his teeth into his victim's skin he would just cut their neck with a knife and then suck their blood. Most vampires did that nowadays, however they always killed their victims with the deep cuts. Jinhwan just cut them deep enough to suck their blood.

Jinhwan noticed that the guy was passing an alley. Jinhwan hurried to make his way over to that guy and dragged him into the alley, pressing one of his hands onto that man's mouth in order to prevent him from screaming. Jinhwan dragged him to the end of the alley, into the darkness. The guy tried to get away, but much to Jinhwan's luck he was really weak. Well, for another human he would be strong enough to get away, but for a vampire? Pff, good joke. Jinhwan grabbed his knife from the pocket of his jacket and hurried to cut the man's neck. He then licked over the wound in order to get the 'vampire toxins' into the guy's organism. Soon afterwards the man's body went limp and Jinhwan could easily suck the guy's blood. Even though he didn't like the taste of the man's blood he felt the effect on his own body just after seconds. He felt the way he got stronger again, the way he gained back control over his body. It would be much easier again to face his friends, especially Junhoe.

As he finished sucking that dude's blood he sat him down on the ground, leaning him against the wall of a house. He looked down at the dude, sighing. He then turned to move back to the street, however he didn't come far. Jinhwan froze in his tracks, looking at the tall guy in front of him, who was staring at him in shock.
"Junhoe." Jinhwan muttered, looking at the younger just as shocked. Junhoe didn't answer him, just kept on staring at him. Jinhwan felt panic growing inside him. This really wasn't part of the plan. Hell, why did Junhoe follow him!? How could he even find him here? He was so far away from their apartment, still Junhoe managed to find him. And then Jinhwan remembered, Junhoe was a FBI special agent, and Chanwoo was their technical analyst.

"W..what.. the.. hell.." Junhoe muttered, not able to believe what he had just witnessed. Jinhwan made a few steps towards him and Junhoe backed away.
"J..June.. wait! I..I can explain!" Jinhwan called out. Junhoe stopped in his tracks, slowly getting a grip on himself again.
"What the hell, hyung!? You just killed a guy and sucked his blood!" Junhoe called out. He still couldn't believe all of this. He had already dealt with those kind of psychopaths, cannibals, due to his jobs, but he would have never imagined that his best friend, correction, the love of his life would be one.
"He isn't dead! I never kill them." Jinhwan stated, shaking his head. Junhoe furrowed his eyebrows. He didn't get wat his hyung was referring to. 'I never kill them?' he repeated in his head.
"Hyung, I have to take you to the police." Junhoe suddenly stated, walking over to him. Now it was Jinhwan's time to back away.
"W..wait!? What!?" Jinhwan muttered, obviously shocked. Junhoe noticed that and he then assumed that Jinhwan didn't even realize what he was doing. His hyung obviously didn't know that he was mentally not stable.
"Please, don't make this harder than it already is" Junhoe said, pulling out his handcuffs. Jinhwan took another few steps back until his back met the dead end.
"Let me explain!" he called out. Junhoe shook his head.
"I can't let you go, hyung! You're a threat to society!" Junhoe called out, trying to handcuff the older one. Jinhwan, however, was so fast that end the end he was the one who ended up being handcuffed. "What the!?.." Junhoe muttered as he noticed his arms being handcuffed behind his back.

"Look! He isn't dead!" Jinhwan called out, pointing at the guy who started to move.
"You drunk his blood!" Junhoe shouted, startling Jinhwan. Jinhwan looked down to the ground.
"Well, I can't change it anymore anyways.." he muttered, more to himself than to Junhoe. Junhoe tried to get the handcuffs off his wrists, however without any result.
"Hyung, please, put them off! I can help you! I'll make sure you get all the help you need." Junhoe called, hoping the older would listen to him. Jinhwan just shook his head.
"All the help I need? June, do you even know what you're talking about?!" Jinhwan asked, looking at him with cold eyes. Junhoe could even see pain written all over his face. And indeed, Jinhwan was hurt. He couldn't believe Junhoe would believe he's one of those bastards that killed people for basically just their own sick satisfaction. Well, if you put it the other way, Jinhwan had much explanation to do.
"Well, yes! I have to deal with people like you every single say!" Junhoe explained, sounding harsher than he had intended to. Jinhwan flinched visibly. Junhoe knew he had hurt the older with his words.
"People like me?" Jinhwan repeated. Junhoe just stared at him. Jinhwan then chuckled a little. "You have no idea who the 'people like me' are." Jinhwan continued. Jinhwan raised his head a little, just to be able to look at Junhoe. Junhoe then suddenly felt like the person on front of him was somebody completely different. 'Shit, does he also have a split personality?..' Junhoe thought to himself, worried hos this would end. Jinhwan may wasn't able to read Junhoe's thoughts, but he could read it from his eyes. Jinhwan chuckled again. His own stupidity amused him so much. How could he ever belief this whole shit would work out?

Junhoe stared at Jinhwan. His hyung was laughing, however Junhoe could feel the desperation radiating from the older. He then noticed something he had never noticed before. Jinhwan's teeth. They were different, well, not different, but longer. His canine teeth were longer than those he had ever seen. Why hadn't he noticed this before?
"Hyung, what are you?" he asked before he could think about his question. Jinhwan's laughing died down immediately. Jinhwan just stared at him in return, not even blinking once. Junhoe got an idea, but that wasn't possible.
"What are you?" he repeated as Jinhwan refused to answer his question. Jinhwan just sighed. He moved over to Junhoe and just broke the handcuffs into two. Junhoe stared down at his hands, not able to believe that Jinhwan just did that without even looking like it was hard to do. Jinhwan looked up to him. He even smiled, but it was a bitter smiled. As Junhoe saw the bitter smile of his hyung the feelings inside him suddenly changed and the only feeling that was left was worry. He didn't like it when Jinhwan wouldn't smile a happy smile, an honest one. Junhoe put his arms around Jinhwan's waist, what obviously surprised the smaller one. Jinhwan looked up to him, he noticed the worry in Junhoe's eyes. Jinhwan then looked at Junhoe's chest.

"I felt this day would come sooner or later." Jinhwan muttered, sighing afterwards. Junhoe didn't understand. Jinhwan looked back up at him. "June, I'm a vampire." Jinhwan blandly said.

"Y..You're what?" Junhoe asked, muttering his words. He looked down at the smaller, blinking, however he didn't let go. The was a hurricane raging inside his mind. There were so many thoughts that hunter other thoughts that Junhoe felt suffocated. He couldn't accept Jinhwan's words, however, at the same time so many things seemed to make sense now.
"I'm a vampire, June. And that guy over there was my meal." Jinhwan blandly added, pointing over to the dude on the ground. "He's alive though." Jinhwan added. Junhoe stared at the guy on the ground. He was moving again, what soothed Junhoe's mind a little, however the worry about Jinhwan took over again.
"We need to go home." Junhoe suddenly said. Now it was Jinhwan's time to blink in confusion. Jinhwan would have expected so many other reactions from the younger, but this one? Nope, definitely not.

Junhoe dragged Jinhwan out of the alley onto the street. Jinhwan just followed him, confused. They made their way back home in silence. As they arrived at home the other had already gone to sleep. Jinhwan walked back into his room. He sat down on his bed, thinking about everything. TO sum it up, he had no idea what happened.

Junhoe on the other hand took a quick shower, trying to escape reality before he had to face his hyung and talk with him about this.. whatever. Junhoe was confused. Nothing made sense and at the same time everything made sense to him. He couldn't believe what Jinhwan just told him. He felt like he was supposed to be scared, but oddly he wasn't. He really wasn't. Not even a bit. More like.. he was fascinated. Wasn't that weird? Being fascinated about living with a vampire without realizing it for years? Being in love with a creature that could kill you anytime? No. Jinhwan surely wasn't a 'creature', he was just Jinhwan, his hyung, his love. June finished his shower after half an hour and walked into his room, putting on some other clothes. He took his time, still thinking about this all being weird as hell.

Jinhwan lost all hope that Junhoe would come to talk to him. Jinhwan was now lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking about ways to explain himself to the younger. Jinhwan closed his eyes, but just seconds after that he smelled Junhoe's scent beside him and he sat up, looking up at the younger's face. As he looked into the younger's eyes, he wondered why he hadn't been able to smell the younger while he was 'hunting'.

Junhoe sat down beside him, looking down at his own hands.
"Mind repeating it?" Junhoe asked.
"What? That I'm a vampire?" Jinhwan asked.
"Yeah." Junhoe muttered. Jinhwan chuckled a little at that.
"I'm a vampire, Junhoe." Jinhwan stated, still chuckling. "Listen, I know you must be freaking out on the inside, but believe me that I would never hurt you or the others." Jinhwan added. Junhoe was now able to hear the desperation and honesty in his hyungs voice, and for some reasons he just believed him from the very start.
"I know." He stated. Jinhwan looked at him all surprised.
"You do?" he asked.
"Yeah. It explains many things, but it also confuses me." Junhoe stated.
"Well, I'm glad you're not afraid of me but I guess I have some explaining to do."
"Indeed."
"Okay. Well, where should I start?"

"You know what I really don't get?" Junhoe asked, looking at Jinhwan.
"What?" Jinhwan asked in return.
"Well you're so not like the vampires in books and movies. Aren't you supposed to get burned by the sun? Hell, I have seen you eating onion! How is this even possible!? You even get older!" Junhoe asked, obviously confused. Jinhwan chuckled and caressed Junhoe's back.
"That's because all those things are fiction. I'm the real deal, June." Jinhwan said, smiling at the younger. Junhoe wasn't able to believe it.
"You seem like any other human." He stated.
"Well, that's because we're not that different from humans." Jinhwan started.
"We?" Junhoe asked surprised.
"Well, of course. I'm not the only one obviously?" Jinhwan muttered, amused by the fact that Junhoe thought he would be the only one. Junhoe sighed at that. His whole world just changed.
"Explain this to me." He ordered and Jinhwan just obliged.

"We're obviously stronger than humans, we are also faster. We are indeed able to live longer than humans but that depends on our nutrition. My body functions just alike yours. We are able to get sick, to die or get murdered. We just recover faster than you do. We do feel pain. Sun doesn't kill us, as well as onions, crosses and whatsoever. We're not shimmering in the sunlight like in those weird twilight movies. We also do not have any special superpowers or anything similar. We're basically not much different from any other human being. We just need blood sometimes. That's all." Jinhwan explained. Junhoe just stared at him, still not able to believe it all.

"Hyung." Junhoe muttered.
"Yes?" Jinhwan asked.
"I love you." Junhoe suddenly said. He had no idea why he did that. He just said it. He couldn't stop himself from doing so. Jinhwan looked at him in shock and so was Junhoe. He was shocked as well. Why did he confess?
"W..what?" Jinhwan asked. Junhoe got up from the bed.
"F..forget that!" Junhoe called out, heading for the door. He reached for the doorknob, however, suddenly Jinhwan stood in front of him. And before Junhoe could even realize it Jinhwan grabbed the his hair at the back of his head and pulled him to himself, kissing him. Junhoe was shocked. He didn't response for a while, but after some seconds he felt warmth flooding his body. He relaxed and then put his arms around the smaller male's waist. He pulled Jinhwan towards his chest and responded the kiss which slowly got more heated. They kissed for a while and Junhoe was able to feel Jinhwan's sharp canine teeth with his tongue. As they parted they were both panting heavily.
"I love you too, June."

The next day they just acted as if nothing had happened, however after some more make out sessions they had decided to tell the other's about Jinhwan's secret as well. Junhoe thought it was just fair to them. They waited until the evening when everyone was home from work. Like every other evening they were sitting in front of the TV, watching some random drama until Junhoe suddenly muted the TV.
"Hell man!? What the fuck!?" Jiwon complained. Hanbin just sighed. Donghyuk who had fallen asleep on the ground woke up from Jiwon being all loud. Yunhyeong just watched Junhoe who was standing in front of them and Chanwoo just didn't get what was happening. Jinhwan stood up to stand beside Junhoe.
"We have to tell you something." Junhoe stated.
"FINALLY!!" all five of them suddenly called out and smiled at them. Junhoe and Jinhwan looked at each other.
"Do you understand this?" Junhoe asked the older, pointing at the others. Jinhwan just shook his head and shrugged his shoulders.
"You finally confessed, yes!?" Donghyuk happily exclaimed, jumping up and down. The others just kept on smiling.
"Well, yes? But that's not the point." Junhoe muttered.
"What!? Don't say Jinhwan hyung is a girl in reality and he.. she is pregnant!?" Jiwon and Hanbin asked almost at the same time. Jinhwan and Junhoe were shocked at that, however they were amused about how in synchrony Jiwon and Hanbin were.
"Well, no. I'm more man than all of you together could ever be." Jinhwan stated. All of them laughed a little.
"Well then. What's this all about then?" Hanbin asked, pointing at them.

"I'm a vampire." Jinhwan blandly exclaimed after some more seconds had passed by. The other's just stared at him for some time before they started laughing hysterically. Jinhwan and Junhoe watched them for a whole.
"He isn't lying." Junhoe muttered. The others kept on laughing.
"Yeah! Of course he's a vampire! And I'm the king of Narnia! Oh yeah, and before I forget to tell you, Donghyuk is a werewolf!" Chanwoo called out, laughing his ass off. Jinhwan just sighed.
"God, don't joke about werewolves. They get easily pissed by such behavior." Jinhwan exclaimed. All of them, including Junhoe then stared at him.
"They exist as well?" Junhoe asked surprised. Jinhwan looked up to him.
"Well, yes? Do you expect vampires to be the only real thing out there? There are even such people like 'werecats' and stuff. I have even met a dragon once. Well, they're kinda extinct nowadays." Jinhwan explained hith a deep sigh.
"Wait! You weren't joking?" Yunhyeong asked.
"Why should I be joking about such a thing?" Jinhwan asked and the others had no answers to that.
"Well, you can believe him. I saw him yesterday.. as he sucked some dude's blood." Junhoe explained. The other's just looked at them in confusion. Silence penetrated the room for several minutes.

"That's so damn COOL!" Chanwoo suddenly called out, running over to Jinhwan to check on his teeth. Jinhwan just obliged and showed them his teeth.
"Wow, how come we never noticed?" Chanwoo asked. Jinhwan just shrugged his shoulders.
"There was no reason to?" Jinhwan answered, however it sounded more like a question.
"Okay, uhm, well that's cool." Hanbin and Jiwon said in unison and then looked at each other all surprised. Jinhwan chuckled at that.
"I'm glad you guys take this so easily. I would have expected you to freak out and run away." Jinhwan stated.
"Well, to be honest this is, uhm, weird? Like, not a common situation." Yunhyeong muttered.

Jinhwan then explained everything to them as well. How real vampires are completely different from those in books and movies. And that evolution also changed them. All of them listened to him carefully. With every passing word they grew even more interested and slowly they became something like vampire fanboys. Jinhwan was amused by that and just kept on explaining everything to them in one go.

It was long past midnight as they finally stopped questioning him about literally everything. At some point Jinhwan felt like he had to explain the meaning of life to him. He felt suffocated, however Junhoe was always beside him and that soothed him, calmed his mind.

"Just one more question!" Chanwoo said, looking straight into his eyes. Jinhwan nodded his head what signaled Chanwoo to go on with his question. "Why us? Why did you became friends with us and not some other vampires?" Chanwoo asked. Jinhwan sighed, he knew he would have to explain that sooner or later. So why not now?

"Well, I told you about the 'length of life depends on nutrition'-thingy, right?" Jinhwan started. The others nodded at that. "Well, as I got to know Junhoe and additional to that you guys, I cut down my nutrition to its limit so I would get older at the same speed as you guys. That way I made sure to be able to life my live together with you. I don't want to live for an eternity, really." Jinhwan explained.
"Well, okay, but that doesn't really answer the question." Donghyuk stated. Jinhwan sighed.
"Okay, well.." Jinhwan started, turning to face Junhoe. "I..I have been the one who saved you from the fire when you have been twelve years old." Jinhwan explained, looking into Junhoe's eyes. Junhoe just stared at him, once again he couldn't believe his hyung's words. Jinhwan on the other hand just went on with his story. "Back at that night I promised to myself that I would protect him forever. I did that. I have been his shadow for years, however one day I felt like it wasn't enough anymore. And that was the day when I cut down my nutrition. I calculated everything through so I would start aging as fast as you do at the right time. Well, as you would call it I'm 25, when I'm actually already about thirty or even older. Back then when I finally reached that 'normal-aging' state, I went everywhere Junhoe went in order to get to speak to him one day. One day we did and then everything happen just so fast and now we're here." Jinhwan explained further.

By then the other boys had tears in their eyes, emotionally moved by the story. Donghyuk even started crying.
"You have been such a good hyung!" he exclaimed while rolling on the floor. All of them were just happy Jinhwan had saved Junhoe and watched over him. They were really thankful.

Jinhwan then looked at Junhoe, who was now staring down at his hands.
"You okay?" Jinhwan asked carefully. Junhoe sobbed quietly.
"It's just.. I have been searching for my savior all those years and yet you have been there all along. I wish you would have just told me earlier. I wanted to thank you so badly!" Junhoe said. Jinhwan then hugged him and caressed his head. He kissed the younger's neck and smiled.
"I'm able to be with you guys. That's 'thank you' enough." Jinhwan stated. Junhoe then looked into his eyes.
"Thank you hyung, for saving my life, for staying in my life and for loving me." Junhoe stated. Jinhwan then felt hot tears welling up in his eyes, daring to fall down. Junhoe wiped them away as they made their way down Jinhwan's cheeks.
"I love you, June. I loved you since the moment I smelled you." Jinhwan said. Junhoe chuckled a little at that. He would have never imagined to hear something like that, but he was so happy to hear it.
"I love you too, hyung" Junhoe answered, hugging this hyung to his chest. Junhoe then kissed his hyung passionately.

In the background, and they really couldn't care less in that moment, they heard their roommates calling: 'GET A ROOM YOU TWO!'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 46 16
Oneshot yesungxreader story warning: may contain mature contents NB: I apologize for any typos, grammar mistakes, etc because English is not my first...
218 16 10
This is my second attempt at doing one shots, let's try this again and hopefully it works out :D
569K 8.1K 103
AnYeongHaseYo!~ I will write various imagine about our sweet 8 boys❤️. I hope you will support this book as well😊 The story in this book is original...
18K 608 52
Here is the collection of some one shots of my imagination.