ᴷᴶᴴ × ᴷᴶᴴ | the things one does for love

2016 | complete

vampire au.

requested by: purexheroin (asianfanfics)

mentions of the FBI - in korea it's actually the NIS, but i kept on writing FBI anyways.

evolution is a bitch, so i changed the definition of those stereotypical vampires to some more 'human' ones.

well i'm, once again, back with another request.

He couldn't see anything, everything was just pitch black. But, suddenly the darkness turned into different colors of bright yellow, orange and red. He knew he should be happy that the darkness was finally gone and that bright colors took over. However, for some reasons the colors seemed to be angry, almost mad. He kept staring at them for a while until he understood that those weren't just mere colors. It was fire. Fire, that was slowly creeping up on him, following him everywhere he went. He took a few steps back, but suddenly his back run into something hard, maybe a wall. There was no way for him out now. He kept his gaze on the angry flames. He hated fire more than anything, yet at the same time he found himself being drawn to them on a very special base. He knew fire was able to burn down everything, destroy and kill, yet without fire one couldn't keep oneself warm during winter or see at night. He knew fire was dangerous, yet so important.

And to him, fire had a very special meaning. Well, he couldn't think about that now, he had to get away from those flames which dared to burn him alive. He looked around, finding nothing but darkness everywhere the fire's light didn't lit up its surroundings. He was so shocked by the sudden appearance of the flames that he had completely forgotten to breathe. He started coughing and soon he was in desperate need for air. He took a deep breath, however, his lunges wouldn't fill with air since the smoke was already too much. He leaned back at the wall, gasping for air, staring at the flames. And then he slipped down onto the floor, still staring at the flames, which were now raging above him. He knew this was his end, there was no way out, no place to escape to. He would die here and he would never be able to say 'thank you' to his savior. Suddenly he heard a loud cry for help. Was he the one screaming?

Junhoe opened his eyes, staring at the ceiling above him. He was drenched in sweat and he was panting heavily. He closed his eyes after some time, trying to calm himself down by muttering: 'it was just a dream. Just a dream.'

It had been a while since he had dreamed of the flames the last time. Each time the flames manged to kill him in the end, like he had been supposed to die all those years ago. Junhoe sighed heavily, knowing he wouldn't be able to sleep for the rest of the night. He took a quick glance over to the clock on his nightstand, checking the time. He sighed as he saw that it was only 03:35 am. He sat up in his bed, looking around his room. Nothing had changed. He sighed again, getting up from his bed. He walked over to his open window, inhaling some fresh air. He looked outside, soon the birds would start to sing. Junhoe smiled a little, he liked listening to their beautiful melodies, it remembered him of beautiful memories with his parents. However, sadness started welling up inside him with the upcoming of those dear memories.

A few years ago, when he had been only twelve years old, a fire inside his parents' home had killed them, had burned them alive. He still remembered their pained screams, it caused his heart to start bleeding every time he remembered the desperate cries for help, or those for him. He remembered the way his mother had cried his name and had asked him if he was okay. Until today he couldn't understand why his mother had been concerned about him while she had been burnt to death by the fire. And what else he couldn't understand was why he was still here, why he was still alive. He remembered the way he had been lying on the floor, crying for his parents to help him. He had been so afraid. All he wanted back then was to run to his parents, but he couldn't, because they were dying just two rooms further. He remembered a black silhouette emerging from the flames, walking towards him. Until today he didn't know who his savior was.