Life After Death

By dust-sommelier

The end of the world is nigh. Many are doing things for the hell of it, since nothing lies beyond the final d... More

The Beginning
The Discovery
The Answer
The Start
The New
The Assurance
The Now
The Remembering
The Thought
The Releasing
The Eventful

The Crestfallen

731 10 1
By dust-sommelier

Back then, times were indeed frightening and troubling. But despite that, it was her that approached Mitsuru about joining S.E.E.S., not the other way around. She was so desperate to find out more of her father's death from her family that she never deeply considered what she was up against. And even with that kind of motivation, she was still fearing the thought of fighting these monsters. Using an Evoker was so much like choosing death, choosing to fight the unknown. It wasn't until Makoto came along that she really felt a strange sense of a true motive...

Although she was frightened of him the night he first arrived, she felt something vague towards him. He wasn't like Junpei or her other male classmates, whom would pester her and flirt. Makoto was just--there. He pretty much minded his own business. It was something she didn't really expect, but didn't know what else she should. She was just left to be surprised by it.

That night, she went to sleep like nothing changed. She was still a second-year and still couldn't summon her Persona. Though the next morning provided and proved otherwise. On the metro to Gekkoukan, Makoto minded his own business, as suspected, listening to his music and staring into the outside world. Just like the night before, he was silent, nothing to say to her. Despite that, his calm, opaque nature immensely affected her outlook. Thankfully, he was too zoned out to catch her eyes on him.

That moment led up to her feeling something different. On the rooftop of the dorm nights later, she tried to set aside her fears and protect him. But upon figuring out he was more than capable of protecting himself, along with her, that left her with only one thing: to repay him every time.

Even without his request, she took it upon herself to heal his wounds. Usually it was only possible if he was staying in one spot, but she noticed he never cared to say behind for her aid. So that's when she held him back before letting him move onward. He wasn't a push-over, of course, but he let her do it anyways, not seeming to care for it much. There were times in the beginning this was all she could do, but soon, she could be a defensive force as well. And then she started hearing his gratitude in the form of words.

Times of battle were the only time she was ever physically close to him. Having to hold him back made things a little less awkward between them time after time. Though she was sure he didn't mind, she felt comfort. Before he started to really talk to her outside of the Dark Hour, this was one of the few reasons she went time after time. By fall, it was just another excuse to spend more time around him.

Despite taking some contentment in his presence, as the days flew on and he remained the same towards her, she felt a bit of doubt. Did he even pay attention to her as much as she did to him? Hell, did she even matter more than anyone else to him? It wasn't something she wanted to feel. She just did. She couldn't ever blame it on his stoic psyche, but she could help but feel he wasn't receiving her. She, too, was always shadowed by the death of a parent, in his case, both. So, with all her might, she attempted to understand, but she was already too deep in the ground.

After a while, she grew okay with his lack of response. She learned that part of having these feelings was accepting him for him. Makoto was Makoto and nothing but fate had a factor in strongly changing him. But even after coming to that realization, the very first time she rose something new out of him, she treasured the special occasion. By chance, one could say their eyes meeting was just a coincidence, but his prolonged gaze wasn't. Her small smile broke his eyes away, though he just sat there, oddly still, before standing. Sure, from a side angle, his silver eyes could be examined, however, seeing them head on was something magical.

The days that followed she felt her gaze and her touch returned. He would look back at her and he would help her up after having fallen. The feeling of getting more than just silence was an enormous sensation. The most she treasured was the occasional hug, whether she needed one or not. No matter, he was always there to listen and take away her loneliness and doubt. And the more they touched, the more they could get in before time ran out.

...

January 29th, 2009

Yukari's Dorm Room

Evening

...

Sitting awkwardly on the edge of her bed, Yukari avoided looking up at him. Instead, she focused more on her feet and floor below. She kept to herself, her hands clasped in her lap and her legs closed and crossed together.

"I'm... not quite sure if you know why I wanted you here..." She softly spoke, now turning her gaze to her nightstand. "But I know you're something special, so..." Trying to fight off the gloom, she gave a soft snort, but grew lost in thought once more.

Makoto too remained quiet. As usual, with his hands shoved in his slack pockets, nothing new. But he took great interest in her body language. She could feel his gaze on the side of her head, not looking anywhere else. Feeling time slip from her fingers as her clock ticked, she met his gaze. He looked down at her, but more in attentiveness than anything else possible. The unfaltering look in his silver eyes made a soft laugh slide from between her lips and out.

"Look, I may be in with fighting Nyx and all," She began, keeping her lips slightly curled. "But... I can't help but have all these what-ifs..." Taking her gaze from him, she looked at the ground again, then back into his eyes.

"What I'm getting at is... Is that maybe we could... you know..." She covered her mouth and cleared her throat. "Maybe we could... take a bit of a gamble tonight?" The thought of it spread a bright blush across her fair cheeks, her smiling widening too.

His eyelids gave way to slightly widen gaze, something she was by far used to by now. "You mean...?" He murmured, his lips curled in a bit of curiosity and contemplation. As she tugged at her red bow around her neck, she gave a slight nod. It wasn't till she had brushed her fingers across each of her sweater's buttons that he acted.

While she worked at her undershirt, she intently gaze as he set down his music player on her side table and pulled open his jacket. Her actions froze for a moment as she watched his jacket carelessly fall to the floor behind him. He seemed a bit indifferent about the coming ordeal, but it wasn't unknown to her that he was hard to excite. When he looked her right in the eyes as he pulled his neck ribbon undone, she went back to her undershirt, pulling it open and off. Although he took no such mind to her revealed brasserie, her cheeks burned with it now being out there for him to see.

Even though she had started ahead of him, he had pulled down his slacks before she had even taken her socks off her feet. Now his eyes were strictly on her now as she still undressed before him. Though when she had nothing left but her brasseries and her choker around her neck, he approached her, assuming top.

His deep gaze from above her tickled her pink with giggles. "Give me a minute, will you?" But he took no waste in pressing his lips to her neck. She let a short breath escape, and then gave a bit of whine. She couldn't see it, but she felt his slender fingers caressing her bare side and his lips softly pecking at her. When she felt a bit of a nibble, she was taken aback, responding with a soft yelp.

Pressing a hand against his bare chest, she stroked his fairly defined abs as she listen to him smooch. Her breathing increased in volume as his hand went up her torso and his fingers teased her bra's hook. With impressive skill, he pulled the metal pieces apart from one another moved his hand. Since her arms were pressed inwards, her straps fell down her shoulders and her bra gave a bit way to her breasts. A soft gasp told him of her bright red cheeks without having to look at them. With his lips leaving her neck, he pulled her bra down and out of the way at the same time. Her hardened, human udders and his immediate gaze caused her emotions to come out in a gentle moan. Although, instead of being a typical teenage boy, he took hardly any mind to her half nakedness and leaned his head into hers.

The moment his lips pressed onto hers, all her fears escaped her. Running her fingers through his soft, royal blue locks, she kissed him back. His delicate, gentle lips spread a newfound warmth through her body. They were damp, but not slobbery. Every contact made her fall into him. This was it. That something she only dreamed of feeling upon her own lips. Something not to be commonly expected from him. Something profoundly special to her. It was something that she couldn't get anywhere else. It was something that spoke louder than any diction he could speak.

She gave into his silent affections, letting him do what has never been done to her before. She let him in and allowed him to penetrate the seal around her heart. She permitted him to sway her prurience with his every move. He gave her the privilege to see his unique smiles of rarity. He let her take comfort in between his neck and shoulder as her tears rained down. He took no mind to the pinch of her nails digging into his back.

"Makoto..." She heaved in a slight sob, soon followed by a gasping groan. He made her feel as if they were in a bed of clouds, floating above the doomed world. His short gasps for breath were like whispers, his breath hot on her skin. As their clouds floated on, so did they into a mess of last minute throwaways. If their precious world were to end, they would want to leave it without having an empty desire in their last moments.

But out of all Yukari couldn't believe, was that the last moments they thought of turned out to be this last moment of devotion to one another. The everlasting question of her future without him by her side. The only emptiness she felt was the loss of another moment like this... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 49.3K 54
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1.2M 51.1K 97
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
522K 18.7K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1M 58.2K 37
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...