Fate Of The Twelve (Completed)

By thebadgirl05

Completed 'Big sister... I'm scared.' A little one whispered as we hid in a cramped alley, trying to escap... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Blacker than the night
Chapter 2: Portal
Chapter 3: Trouble
Chapter 4: the council
Chapter 5: first day
Chapter 6: Dumb
Chapter 7: the fallen
Chapter 8: Collapse
Chapter 9: Battle Start
Chapter 10: Battle for the throne
Chapter 11: Demon
Chapter 12: Oh no
Chapter 13: Earth
Chapter 14: Fall
Chapter 15: Generals
Chapter 16: encounter
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18: Unravel
Chapter 19: Nightmare
Chapter 20: white
Chapter 22: please let me
Chapter 23: amidst the palm
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25: Zephyr's Best friend
Chapter 26: Trapped
Chapter 27: Waking up
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29: A dip in the 'pool'
Chapter 30: not again!
Chapter 31: scary kid
Chapter 32: Agony
Chapter 33: Painful goodbye
Chapter 34: fly
Chapter 35: Idris
Chapter 36: Snowmen
Chapter 37: Shall we?
Chapter 38: Imperial King
Chapter 39:
Chapter 40:
Chapter 41:
Chapter 42: cave?
Chapter 43:
Chapter 44: the demon queen
Chapter 45: heart beat
Chapter 46: not over yet
Chapter 48: Reflection
Chapter 49: the void
Chapter 50: Carving
Chapter 51: depart
Chapter 52: Captain Sparrow
Chapter 53: Three pairs
Chapter 54: Unicorn blood and Phoenix tears
Chapter 55: Sleep
Chapter 56: forgiveness
Chapter 57: yet another revelation
Chapter 58: merpeople
Chapter 59: visitor
Chapter 60: attacked

Chapter 21: Visit

172 29 3
By thebadgirl05

Lately, Ryouta usually goes out whenever there was nothing to do, he'd volunteer to buy things that were needed or he'd just stay at Prince Janus' side to guard him while we're not around. He's.... avoiding Mikael, that fact was clear as day to all of us.

Mikael wasn't any better, he's always locked up in his own room. We just took turns delivering him food and forcing him to eat since he always said he wasn't hungry.

Though, there were many times that he's always drunk and it was such a mess... worst cases so far is when we walk in and find him crying silently. It was heartbreaking yet we couldn't do anything to lighten him up.

We try to tell him things to enlighten him but he doesn't seem to hear. He's in a bad condition and it worries us. He forgot that he has us. He's carrying the burden alone and refuses to let us help him. That's what's hard.

"Can't we do anything?" Harumi asked desperately as she set down the tray on the sink which contained food that wasn't even finished by half. Apparently, Mikael refused the food after just a couple of spoons. Geeez, we're having a hard time taking care of him but we can't just leave him alone too.

"Let's just give him some time guys. It's not that easy to loose someone's father." Leo said with a sigh as he grabbed a jar of water from the fridge and poured some on his glass for himself.

"It's just that... We're worried for him. He locked himself from us and now he's carrying the burden alone. He just won't let us help him." I exasperatedly argued as I sat down on one of the wooden chairs around the dining table.

"One day... he'll be fine. But to quench a thirst for vengeance, I'm betting that Mikael won't stop until he kills those who killed his father by his own hands." the second ranker appeared at the door way and took some chocolate from the fridge and settled down in a seat next to me.

"How's Ryouta though?" Antoinette asked as she took a bite from a sandwich and waited for Rex's response.

"Other than the fact that he always wants to be alone just like Mikael and that he leaves the house whenever he could, he's still such a pig." Rex retaliated with a sigh and we chuckled.

"Huh? Who're you talking about? What pig?" Ryouta suddenly appeared at the doorway and we face-palmed when we saw him biting an apple like a pig. Why does he have to ask?

"It's you of course. Who else can defeat that gluttony of yours?" Alfreed snorted and Ryouta cutely pouted as he walked away.

"Meanie red-head." He taunted and an angry vein appeared on Alfreed's temple as Antoinette and Harumi restrained her from going after Ryouta.

"You punk! What did you say again?!" The red-head angrily yelled as she rolled her sleeves up like someone getting ready for a fight.

"Now, now. Calm down Alfreed." Violet chuckled.

"I said, you're a meanie deaf red-head!" Ryouta's face appeared again by the door and he stuck out his tongue at Alfreed before he completely went away.

"You good-for-nothing pig! Let me go! I'll beat that guy to a pulp!" Alfreed demanded as I shook my head. They're so lively, yet they're so childish at the same time.

-------

       "Ryouta... You going out? It's already night." Muriel stated when she saw me walking down the stairs. I raised an eyebrow when she wore jeans and some jacket.

        "Aren't you doing the same young lady? It's already ten ya know?" I asked back and she just scratched the back of her neck as she grinned awkwardly.

       "Anyway, let's go before someone finds out." She said and she went out the door as I shrugged and followed as I popped some candy into my mouth. Where is this girl going anyway in this late hour?

        "Ummmmm... Ryouta, mind if I ask you a favor? Can you accompany me somewhere?" she suddenly asked as she hopefully looked at me but I just raised an eyebrow. We were already a little bit far from the house so it's alright if we talk loudly.

       However, I'm sure that anyone who is awake at this hour had sensed that we left. It's just that they may have chose to not bother us about it. Besides, the city is surrounded by a barrier. They won't worry about us getting attacked by demons.

         "And I even planned to fly over the sky tonight." I sighed in surrender while her eyes sparkled.

        "Y-you can fly?" She asked me with a strange glint in her eyes and I immediately learned what that meant and it made me chuckle. This girl is definitely thirsting for adventure. Might as well give her that.

        "Yeah. C'mon, let's go already. We'll just drop by the place you want to go and then we're going back here alright? I'm a growing boy so I still need sleep." I jokingly said and she playfully punched my arm.

        "Yes!" She squealed in delight and took my hand just as I instructed while I smiled. She's like a kid.

      "But how can we fly? Do you have the element of wind-----Whooooaaaaa!" She shrieked in excitement and stared at the ground as we rose into the air.

       "I don't have the element of wind." I stated when we began flying upward and I can feel her looking at me questioningly.

       "If you don't have the element of wind then how? How are you able to fly at this rate?" She asked me as I stared at the ground which grew more and more distant. From here, I can already see the light coming from the house.

        Though human eyes may not see them because of the enchantment that Rex had set up around the house like a barrier, I can still see it from here.

       "I have wings." I said and she shouted "What?!" that I nearly retrieved my hand that she was holding just to cover my ears. Oooops, anyone awake from the house would have definitely have heard it.

       "You won't be able to see them just like me but believe me, they're there." I explained but it seemed that I only confused her more as she asked.

       "What does that mean? You're saying that you can't see them too?" She asked disbelievingly and I nodded as I began narrating things for her to understand.

----

        Ryouta began speaking, with that far away look in his eyes as I silently listened, all ears to his story. Invisible wings? He can't even see his own wings? That's just crazy!

        "It was a long time ago when I learnt about it. I was just ten back then when I was esc---running away from a hunt a friend." He began and I was sure he was about to say something else but he changed it. I didn't press on the matter though.

         I'm not one to pry. He'll just say it in the future, I guess? Besides, it sounds like a secret so I'll just have to patiently wait when he says it himself.

       "I was chased by predators and I found myself falling off a cliff and then booom, I can fly!" He said with a chuckle and I frowned. Weird story.

         "Does everyone in Azeroth have wings?" I curiously asked but he shook his head. I definitely heard a mighty flapping voice behind him. He really does have wings. How envying.

          "No. People who have wings there are rare. Besides the demons, angels and the family of the highest kingdom royalties, only a few has it. For instance, the rest of the twelve have them except Jack and Lydia---wait no, given that that girl is a demon, she does have wings... not the kind of wings I'm talking about though. Most high ranking demons have wings so it's normal. Anyway, other than them, only three others does but not the same as us." He explained and I scrunched my nose in confusion.

          "Highest kingdom royalties? Different from yours? How? What?" I bombarded him with questions and he laughed.

         "Easy there Muriel, There's only one of me here. Let's answer your questions one by one shall we?" He said and I nodded.

         Hearing Ryouta talk now, he wasn't as childish as I thought he once was. Guess I was wrong.

          "There are 11 continents in Azeroth including Prelusia which you know as the floating island. Exempting the four continents which contain each different race of the fallen, the demons, the vanishing island and Prelusia, the other continents have their own kingdoms which are reigned by royalties." His explanation confused me more but I chose not to speak.

        "There's a sum of eight kingdoms all in all but the Highest Kingdom who holds the strongest power is at Zamonia, the heart. Those who belong in the lineage of this particular blood line all have wings but the king and his true predecessor bears golden wings and the rest have white which symbolizes purity." He explained further and I was beginning to get the hang of it.

        "So this highest kingdom, the king of that is the head or main symbolization of peace among all the other kingdoms?" I asked and he nodded his head.

       "The other kings choose their heir by the same way. For instance, from Idris, Prince Narsus is the next heir since he has the ice wing which symbolizes that he is destined to be the next king. Prince Janus was the older one but he doesn't possess the wing of ice." Ryouta elaborated and I nodded my head in understanding.

        Looks like I still have a lot to learn and I'm itching to do so now that I grew interested about the kingdoms and the continents.

         "In the case of the twelve, their are some who have the royal bloods of the different kingdoms. They're candidates for the throne yet I do not have the place to tell their names as of now. However, they are not deemed yet to be worthy since just like me, none can see their wings even themselves." Ryouta said with a frown and I did the same.

         Is it coincidence or what?

        "Long ago, there was a prophecy. The fate of all Azerothians and humans alike will be on their hands. The prophecy was lost but that's where the twelve lords originated. I do hope so that our generation is not the chosen ones, but...." Ryouta trailed off and I felt a shiver run up my spine. Suddenly, I don't want to be a part of the twelve.

       However, Kevin and I don't bear wings as far as I know so I think there's only a little chance to complete the roles, but, just thinking about it makes me uneasy just the same.

         I still hadn't mentioned to anyone about how strange our childhood were though. About the fact that I was seven at that time when I found myself at the doorsteps of a shelter with Kevin still a baby and that I had no memories before that incident.

       It's just by coincidence right? Maybe I was involved in an accident and I lost my memories. That's possible right?

       "What do you mean vanishing island anyway?" I asked, trying to make a curve on the conversation to stop the thoughts rushing inside my mind.

        "Forty years ago, an island was located Northwest of Zamonia. But it suddenly vanished around that time and there were recorded cases that some had seen the island reappear at times. However, whenever they try to approach it, it disappears." He explained and wow, that really got my full attention.

        "Some says it's the work of demons, other says it's because of fallen angels, and yet, still some says it's because of angels, nobody really knows the true story." He retaliated and I looked below when he pointed down.

       "Ya think you can locate it?" He asked as I scanned the city below while marveling at it's beauty at the same time. Seeing the familiar park, the school near it and the lake just a few minutes walk away, I caught sight of the familiar building near an empty lot.

        "There! Let's settle down at that empty lot there." I said as I pointed and he just nodded as we slowly began to ascend. Gosh, I'm excited to see Mother Hayne and the others! Excitement rose up in me as we finally landed on hard ground.

        Good thing we weren't seen either. I practically dragged Ryouta along as I headed for the orphanage in my excitement. "Whoa! Easy Muriel, it's not like the building's going anywhere you know?" Ryouta chuckled as we made an abrupt stop in front of the door of the place I once called home.

        I just smiled sheepishly while I knocked at the door, making sure it was loud enough for those inside to hear.

        I'm really really excited to see them----

       "Who is it?" came the tired voice which I was familiar with as the door creaked open and I beamed up as a smile lit my face.

        "Mother Hayne. It's me!" I happily said. The door opened widely with a bang, making me and Ryouta jump back in surprise.

        "You should have never returned here! Run!" She suddenly shouted at us as she suddenly pushed us away and I was in a daze, unable to absorb her words.

        "Run!" She screamed and I heard footsteps behind her.

        "Young man, please, take her away. Run!" Mother Hayne once again shouted and before I could speak, Ryouta dragged me away.

        "Get out of the way!" I suddenly heard shouts as Ryouta and I began running and I turned my head to look. I saw Mother Hayne being pushed aside as armed men came after us and my hands grew cold.

         How foolish of me... Why haven't I been more careful? Why didn't I think about the possibility that these men were still waiting for me here?

         "Stop!" shouts behind were heard and gun shots followed thereafter, making me shout in panic as Ryouta and I dodged and went around a curve.

           "Hold on tight." Ryouta said and he held my hand tight as we shot off into the air, gunshots following after us as we rocketed upwards.

           I thought everything was going to be fine already but no, something made Ryouta groan in pain and I immediately turned to him.

          "Ryouta? What's wrong?" I asked him worriedly. He reached for something from his back and I saw a tranquilizer....

          I screamed when he suddenly swayed and we fell for a second before he fixed himself upright again.

          "I-I'm dizzy." He suddenly said as his freehand reached for the side of his head and he shook his head, probably trying to shake away the daze.

         I was startled when something whizzed past me. Looking down, I saw the men, persistently shooting tranquilizers and bullets at the same time when they couldn't follow because of the dead end they reached.

        Thinking of no other way, I used my ability to levitate the woods and a few other things and sent it zooming towards them. Successfully, the firing stopped, they should be thankful as of now that killing wasn't on my mind.

        I didn't want to dirty my hands with filthy blood.

       "Can you atleast make it to the woods where the cabin is?" I asked worriedly. I knew it was too much to ask that from him when he was in such a state but I couldn't think of anything else. I didn't have wings like he did.

         "I think so but I'll pass out within a minute so hold on tight." He said and I was about to shout what when he suddenly flew with such speed I think it was at the speed of mach 20. I think I left my stomach behind.

          Everything around was a blur and I felt so sick but I kept it in. However, when I felt him stopping, I thought we arrived so I opened my eyes, only to find us falling down fast and he had passed out.

        Screaming at the top of my lungs, I saw that we were suspended in air, a few meters away, falling towards a lake. If there was anything else, good news was that I could see the familiar lights in the middle of the woods.

         Panicking, I held on to Ryouta's hands tightly, covered his nose and mouth then held my breath and before I knew it, we plunged headfirst in a large basin of cold water.

         The cold water surrounded me and I could see nothing else but pitch black around me. Sooner or later, I found the need to breathe, and whilst holding Ryouta, I kicked my feet and swam for the surface while heaving a heavy load with me it was hard.

         I held my breath and I resurfaced above the water, one of my arms around Ryouta's neck as I greedily gasped for air and immediately headed for shore in worry that Ryouta might have drowned.

         My feet touched the ground finally and I pulled him and heaved him, before he was finally on dry ground.

         Kneeling down, my heart beating rapidly inside of me, I leaned down and placed my ear on his chest as I sucked in my breath.

         After hearing his loud heart beating though, I fell next to him in exhaustion as I let out a sigh of relief.

--------

         "They're here." Leirum muttered as we sat by the fire place, waiting for the return of those two stubborn hard-headed people. They knew that there were people out there after our heads and yet they went.

          "Are they headed here now?" I asked the first ranker but he just sighed and stood up as Rex shrugged at me. 

           "We'd better just follow him Cyan." The second ranker told me and I nodded. Leirum just took hold of our arms and we all twisted in the air as our feet left the ground.

           When we landed on solid ground, I saw a lake before us, it's surface reflecting the light of the crescent moon and I looked around. I regretted not wearing my jacket when I felt the cold air.

          The woods behind us looked eerie in the dark but I was rest assured when I remembered that a barrier was cast around the city to prevent demons from entering, though, it won't last that long if demons combine their powers so we need to patrol around every now and then to kill.

           "There!" Rex exclaimed and we watched as he sprinted towards two figures lying on the ground, their feet soaked in the water of the lake.

         Leirum and I followed suit and it was the Muriel and Ryouta alright. Rex was trying to shake them awake but finally gave up when the two didn't move an inch at least. They passed out cold.

         Leirum suddenly smirked as he assessed the situation that was unspoken at all and Rex seemed to have caught up with what the first ranker was thinking while I remained clueless.

          "Looks like we know where to look after this two wake up." Rex stated and I finally got it.

        So these two probably encountered the mad scientist himself or the minions of that sick guy. Well, well, seems like these two's stubborn act resulted to something good. Though, they paid a price.

------------

        That's it for now guys. We'll get to the good parts later on so bear with me for a little while okay? Haha.

       Also, don't forget to please vote, comment and follow.

        -thebadgirl05 at your service

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

316 69 23
It was supposed to be a quick job, in and out, no problems. Accidentally freeing a high profile prisoner on her way out and subsequently discovering...
287K 3.3K 29
I don't believe in miracles. Or in magic or fate. Or even that everyone has a soul mate out there. I believe in Reality. Parents murdered. Siblings...
217 92 19
This Young Girl was Bullied and was weak it got worse when she got to high school, her older brother was always so secretive and never spoke to her b...
316K 10.1K 23
Hello Everyone! Just a quick note to say that I am editing this book and I am making the chapters a little bit longer. If some chapters don't make se...