The Comeback

By daaprincess

*past* "Just leave Mary Grace." Teddy says to me with a blank stare, but I could see sadness built around the... More

Description
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FOUR-PART TWO
FIVE
SIX
SIX:part two
SEVEN
NINE
NINE:part two
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
THIRTEEN: part 2
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
EPILOGUE

EIGHT

182K 5.9K 4K
By daaprincess

Two weeks have passed and no one has suspected the real me.

Anna Maria has left for college so Ryan or Quin give me rides.

Everything has been running smoothly.

Anna Maria and my mother keep asking if I've told my 'friends' the truth yet, and they give me a long speed on how this could affect me.

I just roll my eyes at them.

I still talk to Caleb almost everday, he tells me how everything is going in New Jersey. He even told me her went on a date.

At fist I was a little pissed, but I'm like six hours away and were not an item so I cant complain.

Hrs actually coming this Thursday and is spending three days with us!

For some rare reason both his and my school are giving us a four day weekend!

I can't wait for him to come here. I missed Caleb.

Today is Wednesday, the day before our long weekend and I'm in free block with Ryan and the rest.

"Guys my parents are going to  Florida for the weekend leaving me to the house all by myself." Ryan says leaning back in his chair.

We decided to stay in school and chill in one the lunge areas.

"Party?" Matthew says excited.

I've grown to like the "new" Matthew. Hrs not that bad once you get on that friend level.

I never was at that friend level with him when we're younger so I guess that's why I used to hate him.

"You already now." Ryan says high fiving Matthew.

"Is the hot tub going to be open? I need my pores cleaned. You know hot tubs  clear your skin?" Savannah says looking at herself in her phone.

"How could we forget Savannah? You tell us this every time we go to Ryan's." Quin says annoyed.

"Yeah it will be." Ryan says.

"Well I'll be in there." She says winking at him.

Gag.

Savnnah doesn't even acknowledge me when we're all together. All she is focused on is getting Ryan's attention.

Which is usually with me.

Hoping thay didn't come off as cocky or arrogant but me and Ryan have gotten closer.

We hang out, we text and we even have a snap chat streak.

It's like the good ole times, just he doesn't know it.

"My friend from New Jersey is coming up for the weekend. Mind if we come?" I ask.

"Is your friend hot?" Matthew asks.

I smirk.

"Very."

"What her name?" Kyle asks wiggling his eyebrows.

"Caleb." I say with a wink.

Quin and Kayla laugh.

"Wait its a guy?" Matthew asks.

"Yeah." I say leaning back.

Matthew and Kyle smirk and look at Ryan.

"Will he be staying at your house?" Matthew asks.

"Yes?" I say trying to catch what they're getting at.

"Looks like you have some competition there RyGuy." Kyle's says to Ryan.

"Why would I have competition?" Ryan says turning red.

"I dont know you tell us." Quin says with a smirk.

I roll my eyes.

The group has been getting at that Ryan has a crush on me.

But I don't see it. When ere around each other it's like nothing. Just friends.

Just then the bell rings.

"Alright, so tomorrow at 11 the party begins." Ryan says as we gather our stuff.

"Chain messaging?" Matthew asks.

"Go big." Ryan smirks and Matthew whistles.

Ryan then turns to me.

"Ready to go?" He asks.

"Yup!" I say and we walk to Ryan's car.

The start of the ride is quiet but then Ryan speaks.

"So how'd you meet Caleb?" He asks side glancing me.

"When I left here, I started at the middle school in New Jersey. I didn't have many friends until I changed the Caleb and I just became friends. Kind of weird to think about it. Such a long time ago." I say shrugging.

"What do you mean by left here and changed?" He asks confused.

Crap.

"Did I say here? I used to live in Florida. Don't know why I said here." I say quickly.

"Really? What part? I have family all over there." He says pulling into the road where we live.

"Uh, we lived on the tip part." I say.

To be honest I know nothing about Florida.

"Oh." He says as we pull into his drive way.

"Do you think I could borrow your text book tonight?" He asks as were getting out.

"Yeah, it's somewhere in my house come in like five minutes and I'll give it you." I say walking to my house.

"Alright see you in a second." He says jogging into his house.

I make my way into my house to see my mom, Charles and Sarah packing.

"Where are yous going?" I ask setting my things down.

"Were going to see Charles parents for the weekend did you forget?" Sarah says in a dub tone.

"Oh." I say.

"What time is Caleb arriving?" My mom asks.

"Should be here anytime." I say.

"Alright, well there's money on the fridge. Anna Maria should be here tomorrow. You think you and Caleb can behave yourselfs?" She asks with a smirk.

"Yes mom." I groan.

"Lets hit the road jack!" Charles shouts.

"Love you! Tell Caleb sorry we missed him." My mom says as they pile into the car.

I nod and watch them pull away.

I then go into the kitchen to grab some water when the doorbell rings.

I look through the peep hole to see Ryan.

I open the door.

"Give me like thirty seconds." I say and run to my room to look for my book

Where is it?

There it is, on my dresser.

I grab it and jog back to Ryan.

"Here you go, don't mind my notes in it." I say handing it to him.

"Its all good thanks. Where are your parents going?" He asks.

"Oh there going to New Jersey to see my step dad mom." I say and he nods.

He goes to say something, when a car honk cuts him off.

He turns to reveal a black mustange, and sitting on the hood is Caleb.

I squeal, yes I know embarrassing and run over to him, jumping and wrapping my legs around him.

"Caleb!" I shout as he spins me around.

"MGK!" He says laughing.

We honestly st and there for a good minute just hugging.

"I missed you so much." He says into my ear.

"I miss you too!" I say and he lets me go.

Then Ryan clears his throat.

"Oh wow, I have such bad manners." I grab Calebs hand and pull him over to Ryan.

"Caleb meet Ryan." I say smiling.

They shake hands but it feels forced.

"Hows it going?" Ryan asks with a blank face.

"Its going" Caleb smirks looking at me.

I give him a once over.

Damn. He looks better from the last time i saw him.

His black hair is tousled over in a hot effortless way, he has on a white t-shirt, with ripped  jeans and red converse.

His eyes look even bluer from last time.

"Well thanks for the text book Mary, I'll text you later." Ryan says looking at me.

"Okay sounds good!" I say with a smile and watch him walk away.

I then turn to Caleb who is watching Ryan walk away.

I punch his arm.

"Ow!" He shouts rubbing his arm.

"What was that for?" He complains.

"I missed you Caleb!" I shout. And he laughs.

Just then I hear Ryan's from door slam.

"Who is that guy?" Caleb asks.

"My friend Ryan." I shrugg.

"Well he looks at you more than a friend." Caleb says with a raised brow.

"Yeah right, how do you know?" I say rolling my eyes.

"It was the way I used to look at you. Like you want it but you can't seem to get itm" he says with grin.

I slap his arm.

"Come on, I'll order pizza. You just missed my parents. They are going to New Jersey to see Charles' mom. And Anna Maria will be here tomorrow." I say as we walk into my house.

"So we have the house to ourselves? " he asks with a grin.

"Dont get to excited." I laugh grabbing my cell phone.

"Why can't I get excited? I get to spend the night with the girl of my dreams alone." He winks.

"Ew, shut up." I say dialing the pizza place.

That's another reason I love Caleb he's always making jokes. Usually flirtatious ones, but hey they can brighten anyone's mood.

"And were going to a party tomorrow." I say.

"Ooh, Mary Grace is quite the partier I see" Caleb laughs.

I just shake my head.

I order a large pepperoni pizza with sausage and a full load of wings.

When I hang up, I point at Caleb.

"Oh, and it's just Mary. No Mary Grace, no MGK. Kosak. Nada." I say.

"Oh, so you move to a new town and become a new person? I likey. But how about Virgin Mary?" He says with a smirks.

I almost choke on my spit.

"You're sleeping on the couch." I say.

"Awh come on! " he sighs.

🔸   🔸  🔸

Updated!

What do you think about Ryan's sudden mood shift? What's that about?

Are you...

#teamryan

Or

#teamcaleb

Let me know!

~daaprincess

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 98 33
"Are you sure you're okay, sweetie?" she asks. I take the ice pack back. I nod, but it hurts. My brain feels jostled by the littlest movements. "Yeah...
19.1K 4.8K 36
{A Nigerian Themed Novel😘} "You can't leave cause I have feelings for you!" I scream without thinking. My eyes widen and I draw my hands over my mo...
415K 17.7K 75
The corner of his mouth tilts upward slightly. I smile again. A smile!? A tiny one, but still. "Hm. So I got you to smile, that's progress, yeah? Can...
3.3M 84.2K 29
"Oh fuck no, this can't happen, why me?" he says with a mixture of anger and frustration in his face. "What's your full name?" he asks me while looki...