EIGHTEEN

Ryan drives us to school after everyone eats breakfast at his house.

As him and walk into school hand in hand to my locker I see Savannah standing there.

She had on a big grey sweatshirt and leggings paired with moccasins and her hair is pulls back with a thin headband.

"Whos the new girl at your locker?" Ryan asks curious.

Savannah turns around and gives me a small smile.

"Hi Savannah." I say refuting the smile.

I look at Ryan, who's mouth has dropped.

"What?" He asks dumbly.

Savannah rolls her eyes and looks at me.

"Do you think we could all meet up during our free? Have something to tell the group." She says looking at me.

I nod, knowing what she has to say.

"I'll make sure everyones there." I say.

"Thank you Mary Grace, see you then." She replies before walking away.

I begin to open my locker when Ryan speaks.

"What the hell happened to her?" He asks.

I don't say anything but shrugg.

"Thats what happens when your boyfriend is a drug dealer." He says shaking his head.

I slam my locker.

"Ryan that was low." I say shocked he said that but I can't really blame him he doesn't know what's going on.

He gives me a look and raises his hands as surrender.

"Jeez, sorry. Didn't think you were best friends with Savannah." He says.

I sigh.

"Just make sure everyone meets up for our free block."

▫  ▫  ▫

The school day goes on, Ryan and I aren't talking a such as we usually do.

I'm sure it's from the incident earlier, but he'll soon enough know why Savannah is the way she is now and why me and her are 'friends' I guess.

It's almost the end of sixth block, and I'm anxious to see if everyone will show up to talk to her.

I just hope if they do come, they don't attack her.

After the bell rings I walk to the lounge to see everyone already there.

That was quick.

"Why are we here again?" Kyle asks sitting down on one of the chairs.

"Savannah wants to talk to us." Ryan replies.

"Ew." Quin says.

"What does that bitch want?" Matt asks shaking his head earning a look from Kayla.

"Guys, stop. Just listen to what she has to say." I say looking at all of them.

No one replies but mumble 'sures' or nod.

I sit down beside Ryan and I place my hand in his to squash whatever tension we had.

He gives it a tight squeeze before I see Savannah enter the lounge.

"What happened to your hair?" Quin asks.

Savannah ignores Quin and looks at me.

"I know you guys probably all hate me, and don't want to hear a thing no have to say," she begins.

Quin nods.

"But I first want to just come out and say I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being a bratty bitch and thinking I'm better than everyone. Because if anything im less then that. I apologized to Mary Grace for all my wrong doings and she forgave me. I'm hoping you guys could do the same." She says looking at everyone.

"Why?" Matt says.

"Why you should forgive me?" She asks confused.

"No, why all of sudden? Why this sudden change?" He says clarifying.

She doesn't say anything for a moment then looks at me.

I give her a nod as encouragement.

"Well, as you know I haven't been in school. And reason being is," she says the pauses.

"Reason being what?" Ryan asks impatient.

"I'm pregnant." She says with a small smirk.

I can't help but smirk too, because only Savannah would make a situation like this funny.

I look across the group and the boys mouths have dropped, Kayla looks sympathetic and Quin is shaking her head.

"I bet your going to say you don't know who the father is," Quin says folding her arms.

"Acutally I do. His name is Trent Foy and I've been seeing him on and off since sophmore year." She says nodding.

We all stay quiet.

"I guess the reason I called you guys here today is, I don't want any bad feelings between any of us. I miss hanging out with guys." She says.

Suddenly Kayla stands up and walks over to Savannah giving her a hug.

She then let's go giving her a smile.

"I can't belive there's a little Savannah in there." She giggles earning a smile from Savannah.

"Me neither." She replies.

"What do your parents have to say about this?" Kyle asks.

"I told them last night, and they are going to support me on whatever I decide to do." She replies.

"Are you going to have an abortion?" Matt asks.

Savannah's eyes go big.

'Absolutely not! I am no baby killer." She says with a hint of anger in her voice.

Matt puts his hands up.

"Just a question." He mumbles.

I then stand up and give Savannah a hug.

"Not as bad as you though huh?" I ask and she laughs.

"I guess not, but I still want.to know if they accept my apology." She says looking back at the group.

Kyle stands up.

"I call being the favorite uncle." He says nodding with pursed lips.

"Oh dear," I say.

We then look at Matt.

He shrugs.

"I guess."

"I'll take that then no." Savannah says.

The last two not saying anything are Quin and Ryan.

"We got your back Savannah Banana." Ryan says standing up slinging his arm around me giving her a smile.

She beams at this, I knew she wanted Ryan's approval more than anything.

"I guess I can tolerate you again." Quin says from the coach.

Savannah then surprises everyone by jumping on Quin giving her a hug.

"I knew deep down you sort a liked me," she laughs.

"Dont get a head of yourself." Quin laughs.

🔸  🔸  🔸

Short chapter, I Know.

Thoughts??

Three more chapters left.