A Shattered Heart - NaNoWriMo...

By The_BleedingRose

Christian Bouchard was a wealthy, handsome young man with everything to live for. His wife adored him but whe... More

Chapter 1 - A Wife Destroyed
Chapter 2 - Bonfire Night
Chapter 3 - Doppelganger
Chapter 4 - Larkspur Petals and Bleeding Rose Crystals
Chapter 5 - Good Evening Mrs Bouchard
Chapter 6 - The Wedding of the Century (The 18th Century)
Chapter 7 - What are you hiding Miss Reed?
Chapter 8 - A Whole New Look
Chapter 9 - First Day Undercover
Chapter 10 - Witch Battles and a Log cabin
Chapter 11 - Bend and Snap
Chapter 12 - Bitch Slap
Chapter 13 - Kidnap
Chapter 14 - The Ebony Wolf
Chapter 15 - Things Are Looking Up
Chapter 16 - Yin Vs Yang
Chapter 17 - The Spirits Of The Land
Chapter 18 - The World Is Full Of Loopholes
Chapter 20 - The Massacre Of Whispering Oaks

Chapter 19 - The Miracle Fawn

45 2 0
By The_BleedingRose

*Chapter 19 – The Miracle Fawn*

Four months later…

‘Oh I wish this baby would stop kicking me’ Angelique complained weakly from the sofa, due to the pregnancy she had become progressively weaker since the baby was draining not only the blood from her but also the life from her. Christian bought her another blood pack which she devoured within a matter of seconds although just like the hundreds of others that she had consumed within the past hour it didn’t satisfy her craving’s since it went straight to the baby, ‘why don’t you try walking around for a bit to see if that settled the baby a bit’ Christian held out his hand out for her. Angelique nodded her head and grabbed Christian’s hand to help herself up, she staggered to her feet and took a few hesitant steps all the while clutching Christian’s hand. She shuffled around the room until her legs buckled under the strain of the heavy baby growing inside her; she collapsed once again onto the sofa and closed her eyes.

Seconds later they flew open again as an excruciating pain ran through her causing her to hold her stomach, ‘are you ok’ Christian’s voice was full of worry and concern for both his beloved wife and their unborn child ‘I think the baby is coming’ Angelique explained through her shallow breaths, a contraction tore through her causing her to scream in pain. Christian gently lowered her onto her back on the sofa and told her to push through her contractions but with every push she screamed in agonised pain. However after two gruelling hours of pushing, Angelique was finally holding their beautiful daughter in her arms ‘what shall we call her?’ Christian gently stroked the baby’s soft golden hair ‘Fawn’ Angelique placed a soft kiss on the baby’s cheek ‘I love it but why Fawn?’ Christian smiled ‘because she has a similar birthmark to us on her ankle. Out animal spirits are white deer, and a baby deer is called a fawn. She is our baby Fawn’ Angelique couldn’t stop smiling at the tiny baby in her arms.

‘The colour’s coming back to your cheeks Angel’ Christian gently ran his fingers over Angelique’s sculptured cheekbones, ‘I feel a lot better now that Fawn is finally out’ Angelique smirked before gently handing Fawn over to Christian who gazed in wonder as their beautiful little girl. ‘It’s a shame that she won’t stay this small for long’ ‘she’ll probably be the same size as a toddle by tomorrow’ Angelique had a saddened look in her eyes. ‘But she’s a vampire so she’ll live forever’ Christian reminded to which Angelique smiled.

A few weeks later…

Fawn was only a number of weeks old but she already looked like a four year old child; she could talk in full sentences, she could run faster than Angelique (but nowhere near as fast as Christian) and she was already learning how to hunt, although due to her age she was limited to wildlife to hunt. Angelique and Christian couldn’t be prouder of their little miracle daughter and Fawn couldn’t be happier with her untroubled life. But the peaceful silence was interrupted by the throaty roar of a familiar Mitsubishi pick-up truck as it pulled up a few meters away from the log cabin. The driver’s side door swung open and out jumped Elizabeth, swiftly followed by Veronica and Jonah, Angelique’s eyes darted to Jonah ‘how the hell are you here, I ripped your heart out’ Jonah grinned before explained ‘Elizabeth brought me back, but nature must have a balance and that’s why we’re here… someone’s gotta die’ with a vicious smile Jonah glared at Fawn who was hiding behind Christian’s legs. ‘Not a chance Jonah! I will not let you hurt my daughter’ Angelique took a protective step in front of Fawn and Christian, ‘daughter!’ came the joint exclamation of Elizabeth and Veronica.

‘Yes she’s mine and Angelique’s daughter’ Christian gently pulled Fawn’s hand until she was stood in front of him, Fawn looked at Elizabeth ‘why do you want to hurt my mummy and daddy, Auntie Elizabeth?’ everyone stared in shock at Fawn’s statement. ‘Why did you call her that, Fawn?’ Christian stared at Fawn who looked up at him ‘she is mummy’s sister. I read it in Auntie Elizabeth’s mind’ Angelique’s eyes widened in shocked realisation but she had no time to act since Elizabeth blasted her with a spell that sent her somersaulting through the air and crashing through the glass window. Elizabeth followed in hot pursuit, Angelique knocked her to the floor with a spell of her own ‘why are you doing this to my family Elizabeth’ Angelique blasted Elizabeth with another spell.

‘You murdered my mother!’ Elizabeth screeched as another spell hit Angelique, slamming her into the chandelier; Angelique groaned in pain as it fell to the floor. ‘Mother died attempting to rid us of our immortal witch curse’ Angelique’s weak voice murmured, ‘why would she try and make us mortal. There are no benefits’ Elizabeth slapped her hard across the face ‘because our father was mortal. She wanted to die old and grey and by his side’ Angelique attempted to stand but she was once again knocked to the floor by another one of Elizabeth’s spells. ‘Mother was murdered by you. She would have turned father into a vampire to be with him for eternity, not make herself mortal for them both to die. But now, you are going to die as well!’ Elizabeth snarled as she plucked Veronica’s bracelet from her pocket and placed the rose from Angelique’s locket into the  slot. ‘I’d like to introduce you to the device that will be ending your life, my sister’ Angelique stared at her in pure terror.

Just then Christian, Veronica, Fawn and Jonah ran into the room but they couldn’t stop Elizabeth, she pressed a button on the side of the bracelet and a beam of light shot towards Angelique. Angelique began fitting as the beam made her nerves contract and release violently. Christian couldn’t take it a second longer so he leapt at Elizabeth, causing the device to slip out of her fingers and land on the floor where the beam reflected off of a nearby mirror and towards Elizabeth causing her to also begin fitting violently beside her sister.

Jonah, Christian, Fawn and Veronica watched in horror as the two of them fitted, ‘one must sacrifice themselves to save the other or else both with die’ Jonah suddenly explained, nobody said a word for quite a while until Angelique whispered ‘I am ready to die to save my sister’ ‘no I won’t let you’ Christian leapt to her side. Although before anyone could say another word Elizabeth and Angelique stopped moving and lay motionless on the floor of the log cabin; then as one Jonah, Christian, Fawn and Veronica turned towards the door since footsteps could be heard. In marched a pure white female deer with an ebony black crow flying above her head, the two creatures gazed at Jonah, Christian, Veronica and Fawn before making their way over to Angelique and Elizabeth’s lifeless bodies. The doe lay down beside Angelique and rested her head on Angelique’s stomach whereas the crow perched itself on Elizabeth’s arm, ‘what’s going on?’ Christian whispered to Jonah, ‘they’re deciding who is the worthy one to save’ Jonah didn’t take his eyes away from his lifeless wife lying on the ground, he crossed his fingers and wished that the animal spirits would make the right decision and save Elizabeth’s life.

The doe slowly raised her head and nuzzled Angelique’s face until the doe saw Angelique’s eyes  flutter open, Christian and Fawn sprinted over to Angelique who propped herself up on her elbows ‘thank you’ Fawn whispered to the pure white doe who began sniffing her before licking her cheek. Fawn giggled and gently hugged the doe; whereas Jonah and Veronica were enraged that Elizabeth had not been saved. Veronica picked up a sharpened stake and charged at Christian although due to his super hearing her heard her coming and was able to grab her and pin her to the floor before she could harm him.

Jonah and Veronica watched in amazement as Elizabeth’s eyes began to flutter until they shot open to look around, Jonah raced over to her and embraced her tightly. ‘What’s going on?’ ‘It turns out that the device doesn’t kill immortal witches at all, instead it turns them mortal’ Elizabeth croaked ‘but since I died and am now mortal, my werewolf gene will be activated.’ ‘Werewolf’ Jonah was surprised ‘our father had a werewolf gene although it was never activated. When I turned into a vampire it was permanently deactivated but Elizabeth’s was just on pause; she needed to die a mortal for it to work’ Angelique rose to her feet. Elizabeth smiled at Jonah and placed a tender kiss on his soft lips, ‘so are you gonna stop trying to kill us then now’ Christian joked, ‘for the moment although if you do one thing to annoy us you’re straight back on our hit list’ Jonah remarked before scooping Elizabeth up into his arms ‘come on Veronica, let’s go home’ and with that he and Veronica walked out of the log cabin with Elizabeth.

‘Well that was eventful’ Angelique commented causing both Fawn and Christian to laugh hysterically, they laughed so much that they didn’t notice the doe stand up and walk out of the house before disappearing into the forest. Although suddenly Angelique stopped laughing when a thought hit her like a speeding train ‘am I still a vampire?’ Christian also stopped laughing at her question before rushing into the kitchen and returning seconds later carrying a blood pack; he quickly snapped off the tubing and squeezed the blood pack tightly so that the blood came pouring out and onto the wooden floor.

Both Christian’s and Fawn’s eyes began turning red as they tried to restrain themselves from drinking the blood up from the floor although when Christian looked at Angelique she had a disgusted look on her face as opposed to the hungered look she was supposed to have. ‘Nope I don’t think you’re a vampire anymore Angel’ Christian mumbled sadly, Angelique stared at the blood on the floor before the obvious solution hit her ‘you could just turn me’ she smiled at Christian. ‘But there are no people for you to feed from once you’re in transition’ Christian remarked to which Angelique replied by holding up the now empty blood pack. Christian smiled before leaning towards her and placing a soft kiss on her lips ‘you know the dying part of this is a total bitch’ she mentioned ‘mummy you swore’ Fawn acknowledges to which Angelique apologised with a small smile playing on the corners of her lips.

Christian also smiled before he tore his wrist open and allowed Angelique to drink from him, once she’d had her fill of blood Christian moved closer to her before sinking his fangs into Angelique’s delicate neck so that he could drain the life from her. Within seconds Angelique fell to the floor with her eyes wide open and staring at the ceiling while Christian and Fawn waited patiently for over an hour for her to wake up. But eventually they heard Angelique groan as she woke up ‘couldn’t you have just snapped my neck again as that would have been a lot quicker and a lot less painful’ Angelique rubbed her neck where Christian had left two, deep holes where his fangs had previously torn through her flesh.

He apologised then held up a blood pack for her, she devoured it within seconds before pushing past him and rushing into the kitchen to hunt down the rest of the blood packs. Each one was devoured within seconds but before Christian could stop her from drinking another one she shot past him and raced out of their log cabin and down the isolated road.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 2.7K 23
If you can't let go of the infamous Hybrid here are some imagines for you! We all miss him, I'm sure I do, and as a coping machanism I write and read...
913 243 21
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟏 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 "𝐖𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞" ***** Driven by a thirst for history and exploration, Roma and Felix emb...
1K 44 20
| Cover by Pexels & Canva | There was a new suitor in town. The perfect groom for the fiercely stunning Lady Meela Wolfe. Lord Victor came from a pow...
2.3K 415 39
When a weary college student accidentally summons the ghost of an arrogant billionaire, she hesitantly agrees to help solve his dark disappearance, b...