Family Secrets (Avengers Harr...

By demiwitch1

{sequel to What Really Happened in Budapest} Kendra Barton had finally sorted out her life. She knew about he... More

I Hate Flats
The Breakout
The Return
The Flying Car
Detention
The Howler
Slugs.
Essays
shopping
At Least It Wasn't My Cat
Halloween Party (Finally)
The Snake
Rumors
Winter Break
Home?
The Glowing Eyes
Awake
New Book Is Out

Dobby

3.9K 124 19
By demiwitch1

The next morning after the party rumors began to fly around about who the heir of Slytherin was. But they were all just rumors. Which was all I heard until Hermione pulled me aside after breakfast on my way to class.

"Kendra!" Hermione called as she ran up to me. "Can you come to the library during free period to help me research the Chamber of Secrets? I haven't found anything so far."

"Sure." I replied. She was about to head off to class when I stopped her. "Hey, we only found out about the Chamber of Secrets last night. How did you already do research?"

"I woke up before breakfast and went to the library."
She said like she didn't see why no one else did.

____________________________________

I met Hermione in the library during free period. We searched to whole time and found nothing. We even looked at the titles of books in the restricted section to see if there was one there. But there wasn't.

Hermione and I walked into history very discouraged. I sat down and plopped my bag on the floor while Hermione took out her note paper and a quill. I usually just wrote the homework assignment on my hand with a Sharpie.

Harry and Ron walked in a few minutes late, but everyone was too bored to notice. A few minutes into the lesson Hermione raised her hand. Mr. Binns was shocked that anyone would take interest in his class and called on her immediately.

"Mr. Binns, what do you know about the Chamber of Secrets?"
Hermione questioned innocently.

Amazing! Why hadn't I thought of that? The class suddenly perked up and everyone was listening.

"Um- well- The Chamber of Secrets, which is said to house a terrible monster, was created by one of the school’s founders, Salazar Slytherin, after an argument  with Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, and Rowena Ravenclaw, in believing that students of non-magical parentage should be refused entry to the Hogwarts.
But the Chamber of Secrets is just a tale. The writing on the wall was just a terrible joke."
He answered, then carried on with his lesson

Nobody was paying any attention. The class was not  convinced that the Chamber was just a tale though. Some muggleborns looked uneasy and Hermione looked very determined. That night she she spent half the night re-reading Hogwarts a history.
____________________________________

"Hermione you should watch the game!"

"I am watching it Ronald."

"No your not. Your reading."

"I can do both!"

I heard Ron and Hermione bickering as I watched the Quidditch game with Lav, Jazz and Cho. Gryffindor was playing Hufflepuff.

"What has been bothering Hermione?" Lavender wondered.

"I don't know. She has been reading any been on the architecture of Hogwarts as well as anything about the castles history."

"Is that really strange for Hermione though?" Cho pointed out.

"Well no, but it all started after  the writing on the wall. I think she is worried about it."
I stated.

"Well that makes sense, her being a muggleborn and all." Jazz commented.

I turned my attention back to the game as a Budget flew over his head. I winced, that was close. Then three more came at Harry from all different directions.

I jumped up and ran to Ron and Hermione.

"What is going on?" I demanded.

"I don't know!" Hermione yelled frantically.

"There's a first." Ron commented.

"Now is not the time Ron!"
Hermione yelled.

The Gryffindor team beaters stopped. Soon the Hufflepuff beaters did the same. Still a ball a Chaser threw in the opposite direction hit Harry in the arm and he fell off his broom.

Hermione screamed, then I jumped over the railing of the stands and ran to Harry.

"Harry? Can you hear me?"
I asked. He groaned in response. Ok so he is only semi-conscious.

"Excuse me, I can take care if this."
Professor Lockhart said. Which I highly doughted. I did not move but the "professor" moved pasted me as if I was not there.

"Now I am going to fix your arm right here, right now." Lockhart saud to Harry.

"No....No..." Harry muttered.

"See. He doesn't want you to fix it. Just take him to the hospital wing." I begged.

"He is delirious he doesn't know what he is saying. Now move silly girl."
Lockhart said with a big smile.

Oh. No. He. Didn't.

"Excuse me?! Did you just call me silly girl?!" I fumed.

He ignored me which made me even angrier. He walked over to Harry, who started to protest, and pulled out his wand. He pointed his wand at Harry's arm and said a spell.

Harry's arm suddenly want slack and looked boneless. It wasn't until I touched the arm that I realized it was. Lockhart had done the spell wrong and had removed all of the bones from Harry's arm. I was too angry to talk. Everything about Lockhart annoyed me. The way he talked and walked like he was the best person on earth just because he wrote books about stuff he said he did.

"I must have preformed the spell wrong. Well it doesn't hurt anymore. Does it Harry?" LockHart asked.

Hermione and Ron ran up to me.

"What happened? Is Harry ok?" Hermione inquired.

I just gestured to Harry and his arm. While saying,

"Hospital Wing." I said through gritted teeth. Hermione and Ron went to pick up Harry.

Get a grip Kendra. Seething doesn't help Harry.

I walked over to help Ron and Hermione carry Harry. Hermione put one of Harry's arm over her shoulder and Ron- more carefully- put the boneless arm over his shoulder. Then I grabbed his legs and we started on the long walk to the hospital wing.

____________________________________

The next morning after we had left Harry at the Hospital Wing, I went to visit him. His arm bones had regrown but he was still tired.

"Kendra, someone was paralyzed last night."
Harry told me.

"Who was it?"
I inquired.

Harry looked around guilty.

"Colin, the first year who was following me around."

"Have they found a way to cure him?"

Harry shook his head. "I only heard them bring him into the Hospital Wing."

"Do they know what did it?"
I asked urgently.

"No."
Harry answered.

There was an awkward silence. Harry and I were friends, but we didn't talk a lot. I talked a lot more to Ron and Hermione.

"Why were all the Bludgers flying at you. It looked like they were targeting you."

"Dobby the house elf. Visited me last night-" Harry started,

I decided not to question it.

"He said he charmed the Bludgers to hit because it was better if I was sent home injured then died."

Woah.

"I think Dobby wanting you to go home could have something to do with the Chamber of Secrets."
I stated.

"Well maybe. But Dobby said Voldemort wasn't involved."
Harry pointed out. Rather confused.

I rolled my eyes.

"The Chamber if Secrets just needs to be opened by an heir of Slytherin. It doesn't have to be Voldemort."

"Oh."

And that was that.

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:..:.:.:.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hey Everyone, I hope the wait wasn't to long. Another chapter should be coming soon. But I am not making any promises.

Forever and always,

Me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

437 0 32
Sequel to agents of shield Lydia thinks that being a shield agent in training will be fun but when she starts receiving notes from someone called A a...
7.8K 145 15
When S.H.I.E.L.D. runs into a new team of enemies to tough for them to handle, Phil Coulson discovers another agency known as the O.S.S. The agency h...
213K 6.1K 21
Kendra Barton is the definition of the phrase "don't judge a book by it's cover." Just by looking at her you would never guess that she grew up in S...
126K 4.1K 47
(Avengers and Harry Potter crossover) (Book five of series) Kendra Barton goes from having the best summer of her life, to having a terrible start at...