The Powerful Luna

By BeautyPQueen38

Veronica Smith was an average girl, trying to pass high school, so she could leave the pain behind of everyon... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 11 Part 2
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 14

717 24 9
By BeautyPQueen38

As mentioned before, I have become occupied not only with school, but personal issues. I have come up with a plan to be able to publish more chapters for you involving another writer and also needs help with writing her own story. Then again, I want to thank you all for being patient and still being here to read my story. Hope you all enjoy.

Veronica's POV:

After I felt the pack's link break away from me, I can feel my body and wolf in peace. I don't have to worry about others finding me and making my live a living hell again. I am free to do as I please and nothing will change that. All of us reach the end of the forest and make it onto human territory and to the main road. We follow Emily and I can see the town pass by me as I drive off to my new home in Kansas. I found out the Royal Pack was located in Kansas and parts of the states surrounding it.

All I know, is that it will be a long drive, so I mind link everyone and tell them if we can pull over to a gas station to grab a few snacks and drinks. They all respond with a yes and I see Emily pull into this diner with a gas station to the side. I park my car besides Louis's while grabbing my phone and we go into the diner to eat something. Once I am inside, I catch the scent of werewolves in here and I go into a defensive mode.

I look around to be met with 2 guys and a girl. They all have brown eyes, but the guys have brown hair and the girl has platinum blonde hair. From their scent, they aren't from a pack which means they are rogues. I am relieved that they won't recognize me from the Silvermoon Pack, but I am still cautious since they are rogues. Personally, I have nothing against rogues but of how they are portrayed, we all have to be careful around them, no matter what.

We sit a a corner seat and a slutty waitress comes over. I smell her and she is a werewolf but from a nearby pack since I didn't recognize her from my old pack. Her uniform is opened from the top, showing her cleavage, and her face is caked on with makeup. She almost puts a clown to shame. Almost. I notice how she eyes the boys and when she reaches Grayson, Kamara explodes on the waitress for eyeing her mate.

"You better look away from my mate you whore, or shits about to happen." She bluntly said. I struggle to hold in my laugh when I see the shocked face of the waitress.

"Who are you talking to? I can't believe that he is your mate. You must have mistaken him for someone else. I mean, look at yourself. You're black and you ar-" she didn't get to finish because Kamara snatched her arm and started to squeeze it, rather hard.

"You listen, and listen good. I won't repeat myself for a stuck up, snobby bitch. You have no right to talk to me that way and if I even see you looking at my mate, I won't hesitate to kill you. Do you hear me?" She says and I can see she means it because the girl is withering in pain and I notice why.

Kamara is using her element to cause her pain and advert her of what she is capable of. I can see the redness around her arm and I can see she is going to far with this one. The girl is whimpering in pain and Kamara won't let go of her arm. I start to worry, but Natasha speaks up.

"Ok Kamara, she has had enough. You are hurting her. Let her go so we can leave the diner faster and you won't have to deal with her anymore." She says. I can see Kamara falter, but she lets go and the girl grabs her arm with her hand and starts to massage it.

I can see Grayson grab Kamara and kiss her on the cheek. She calms down, then he says something into her ear, and she smiles. I laugh at their interaction, but I also feel envy towards them. Would that be the way Jason and me would have been if he wouldn't have rejected me? Would I have been happy as they are?

All these thoughts cloud my mind and I instantly feel depressed. What have I done to deserve so much pain and hate? I mean, I am happy that I have people who care for me but sometimes that isn't enough for me. I want to be with the person who was meant for me. To be loved and cherished by your one true love. I am distracted by my thoughts, that I didn't notice a new waitress was at our table. She was a middle aged woman, who had a motherly feeling to her. I smiled at her and she greeted herself as Carla who was also a werewolf.

"Hello, I will be your new waitress. What may I get you to drink?" She asks.

"I will have a water." I say. It was followed by Louis, Amelia, and Natasha also wanting the same thing.

"Two sprites for us, thank you." Grayson replies, obviously answering for Kamara.

"And I will have a Coke." Dylan answers. She nods her head and walks away.

We all revert back to the menus and I can feel this silence come over us. I try to ignore it, but it just says make me feel uncomfortable. I grab my phone and find Candy Crush and start to play it. I was so into the game, that I didn't notice our drinks have arrived.

"Are you guys ready to order or would you like some more time" Carla asks.

"Yeah, I would like a hamburger with the grilled chicken salad. Also, I would like a chocolate milkshake." I say

"Would you like any dressing with the salad?" she asks.

"Yes, I would like ranch with that." I reply back.

"Okay and what may I get you guys." she asks the others.

"We will get the grilled cheese with hash browns." Grayson answers. I can see Carla write it down on her note pad and adverts her gaze to the others.

"I will have the steak with a side of eggs and fruit." Louis says

"Um, I will also have the hamburger with a side of fries and a vanilla milkshake." Amelia replies. Carla looks at Natasha since she is the last one left.

"I will just take a grilled chicken salad with ranch dressing." She says. I look at her and she mind links me that she isn't that hungry. Carla walks away and we all advert our attention else where. I look out a small window and just look at the sky and the road. I see cars passing by and people pulling out of the parking lot. I feel a set of eyes watching me and I turn my head, only to be met by blue-green eyes.

I notice Louis look away once I caught him staring. It brings a certain feeling in my body, like a pull. Not a mate bond, but something similar to it. I ignore it and I see Carla with our food. She places it on our table and we begin to eat. We all focus our attention on the food and ourselves, hence the silence surrounding us.

After we finish, Carla walks over to grab our dishes and gives us the check. We decide to have separate bills while I offered to tip the waitress. They all went to the cars and I stayed behind to thank Carla. As a show of generosity, I tipped her $100 because of how attentive and nice she was. I waved goodbye and headed for the exit.

As I was about to, I got the sense that someone was looking at me. I turned around and was met by the same group we saw when we got here. The just watched me and I did the same. Something about them keeps gnawing in my mind, but I just let it go and go to my car. Everyone else is inside while Louis is leaning against the car.

"What took you so long?" He asked.

"I was just distracted by 'them'. I felt something weird every time we saw each other." I say. I never really liked the word 'rouges'. I always thought it was an awful word to use for wolves who aren't in packs. There are always reasons for them to become pack-less either by doing something wrong or something made them leave their pack.

Now that I think of it, it almost reminds me of me. I, well mainly we, left the pack for obvious reasons relating to me being rejected and also being a risk for me involving the coronation. This makes me realize the impact this had, not only for me, but for everyone else. Even though they weren't there for so long, it makes me feel bad that I am the reason they have to do this.

I was thinking to hard about it, that I didn't see the Emily's car stop in front of me. I press on a brakes and I hear this screeching sound and I can see the car coming closer. I close my eyes and I hear silence. After a few seconds, I open them and see nothing has happened. I feel myself breathing hard and I can sense someone trying to get into my mind. I ignore it and see everyone else exiting their cars and going towards me, especially Louis who is running.

He opens the car and I hear silence all around me. I can't make out what he is saying and he cups my cheeks with his hands to try to get me to respond. I just stare at him and see everyone else behind him. After a few minutes, I start regaining myself and I try to move away.

"Are you okay? I was worried about you. Is anything hurting?", Louis asks me frantically.

"Yeah, I wasn't paying attention. It just caught me off guard.", I answer groggy.

"Don't do that again. I was scared you weren't responding to me and I started panicking.", he said. I can feel the worry rolling off him in waves. It makes me feel guilty that I caused him to feel like that due to me being oblivious to my surrounding.

"I'm sorry. I will try to be more careful nest time.", I say. I give him a smile to at least convince him nothing else is wrong. I can see he believes it and he gives me one of his smile that I enjoy, back to me.

"Okay. Let's get going then. We should be there soon.", Emily responds and breaks the silence. I nod and they get into the cars but Louis stays slightly longer then leaves boot before giving me a smile. I return one to a and we begin to drive off.

I decide to free my mind of everything and focus on driving. I turn on the radio and sing along throughout the ride. While taking a turn, I notice a change of scenery. The trees had this beautiful green color . I leaves and the bark was a vibrant chocolate color. While looking at them, I notice something moving in the shadows. Upon focusing my eyes harder, I notice they are wolves.

I look around and see them surrounding us, as if they are shielding us. One of them was running beside me and I notice this gold tattoo-like spiral on its chest area. I feel someone looking at me and I move my eyes to see the wolf staring. I can see something in its eyes but I don't know what it is. The wolf Jenks its head forward and I see that we are close to the gate. We stop upon it and we notice guards with royal armor and I notice they have the same spiral tattoo on their chest area also. They open the gates and we proceed to go in. What I saw next, no words could explain what I felt.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 1.8K 63
Five hundred years ago, the Moon Goddess created the werewolves, as many other Gods had also created a race of their own. She gave them a gift...a fa...
59.7K 1.8K 43
Iris has had a difficult life, running from her past and living like a nomad. She is not a regular wolf. She curses the Moon goddess for the gifts sh...
1M 26.8K 46
"I'm not good enough for you." I say to him. He looks at me and wipes the tears from my cheeks. "You're more than enough for me." I start to shake my...
6.1K 534 33
Sybil Drake was born into a family that never appreciated her, and treated more like a burden than a daughter, after the brutal murder of her parents...