Can You Hear Me Now?

By DeathIsCliche

Writer. Murderer. The lines are blurred anyways, or at least for Lucifer Evans they are. Meet Lucifer (like... More

Note from the Authors
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 8

8 0 0
By DeathIsCliche

  Absolutely not! I rip the pages from the typewriter. This is all-all... Just stupid! Slamming my hands down, I stomp away from my desk, pushing my chair back as a result.

  How does one write such events without being there to experience it, or at least get first hand knowledge of it?

I brushed a hand over my eyes. I need sleep, but sleep is for the weak. Chuckling weakly to myself, I yawned walking back over to my desk fixing my fingers over the keys.................blah blah blah write write write words words words book chapter here (insert paycheck here)

   Sadly this was the best I had written all week. I couldn't stop thinking about them. The murderous monstrosities that lived across the street from me. Every fiber of my being wanted to rip them apart. To make them suffer what I suffered. But unfortunately there were other problems I had to tackle first. The basics for any story. Where, when, who, and how.

     For the where I was thinking somewhere private. I couldn't go off in public killing people. That's how you get caught. The police would have me shot in a matter of minutes. I couldn't have that. The point of this was to make them pay, not me. I was going to have to do this at home. The basement was a good place to start. Well except for the fact that I hadn't be in there since I had moved in. It was going to need some remodeling. Now that problem was solved it was on to the when, who, and how.

  As for the when, I guess I could as soon as possible really. Just have to find the right opportunities and the perfect methods. The who has already been determined, the order just hasn't been written in stone. The how? Well that's the fun part. I love to see others in pain, unless it's my dear Sage.

  Guilt races over me, but I quickly shake it off in fear that I'd lose my great ideas. Quickly typing up what I have to far I sit in thought. How to hurt those effectively when they have hurt you? Especially when you plan to get rid of them permanently?

  I know exactly how to hurt those boys! Pushing myself back from the desk once more, I grab my slippers and a jacket before racing downstairs towards the basement. It gets chilly down there. Skidding to a stop in front of the basement door, I remembered how dark it is down there. I channel the spirit of Mr. Meowgi.

    Marshall Underwood went through the same general routine everyday. First thing in the morning he traveled to his morning classes. Which he was surprisingly wide awake for considering he was up party the whole night before. He returns from Clinton's Corner Store down the street about mid afternoon with beer and snack galore. Sometimes there's drugs if he's feeling spontaneous. Which is almost always. After two weeks of trailing him however, I realized that it was actual the day that he didn't have school that I needed to pay attention to.

   On those days Mr. Underwood was everywhere. In the morning he spent time with his lovely girlfriend. Who seemed to be incredibly sweet. He visited his childhood home where he would get into a fight with his father and leave in a fuss. Afterwards he would go to the bar where after a few drinks he would flirt with every girl in sight. This would be the perfect time to strike. Everyone's always so inebriated they wouldn't notice if I just left with him, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't notice either. 

   I spent the next few days preparing the basement for his arrival.  It was covered head to toe in thin plastic tarps. So that I could remove them for cleaning later if needed. I also painted the room in bright childish colors, so if anyone asked it simply seem that I was building a children's playroom for my future children. Or well, that's what I told Levi at least. To make my lies convincing, I in short told him that I wanted the house to be ready for when I asked Sage to move in with me. He seemed to believe it, he even agreed to come over and help me paint. Which he was actually doing now. I had gotten so lost in my own world I must have forgotten he was here.

   Looking at the clock It was almost noon. Good time as any for a break. Getting up from my comfy spot in the couch I call down to him,

   "Levi come up for lunch! I'll make us some sandwiches!"

   At the sound of food his is upstairs in an instant. He's covered head to toe in pink and blue paint. There were even bits of paint in his hair. Though due to the smile on his face I don't think he cares that he just ruined his clothes.

    "Finally finished with your nap, Lucifer?" Levi asks.

   "Actually, I didn't get around to taking it." I say, spreading the peanut butter onto two separate slices of white bread.

   "Thinking about Sage again." He smirks as my cheeks flush. I'm too old to get embarrassed, but I simply can't help it when it comes to that woman.

   "I'm always thinking about her."

  "Well I can't blame you if I had a boyfriend that was as pretty as Sage I wouldn't be able to stop thinking about him either."

    We both chuckle as I plate our PB and Js.  I take out two pops from the fridge and place them on the table. Opening my can I take a sip from it.

   "Are you thinking about marrying her?" Levi asks. I choke on my pop.

  "That's, um a big question coming from a 21 year old, but yes I have."

    It has been on my mind for sometime now. Sage and I have only been dating for a 8 months, but I have already decided she was the gal for me.

   "Well love is love. I should know I am gay after after all." He says.

   We laughed- It was time to turn the tables.

     "How about you, ever think about getting circled one day?"

   Instead of the priceless look of embarrassment, that I was very much looking forward to seeing a big toothy grin.

   "Of course, the second I make gay marriage legal that's the first thing I'm going to do." 

Quite stunned, it took me a while to respond. Sighing quietly, I gently pondered the thought. Why didn't gays deserve the same rights we did?

"Well, Levi, I think that's a wonderful idea!" My response made his eyes brighten as he probably thought that his idea would have been clutched.

  "You're very bright Levi and I hope that we can be good friends y'know. No matter what happens, I think that you're better than you friends. Those germs are very rude." I added with a small smirk.

  Noticing both of our sandwiches were gone, I hurriedly pushed my chair back excitedly. "Ready to finished up with downstairs?"

"Yeah- and thanks Lucifer. You're a pretty neat guy."

  "Just help me clean." I smiled genuinely. As long as he doesn't find out about what I'm about to do later, he'll be fine and it won't ruin our newly made friendship.

We had been cleaning and joking around, listening to my old for about three more hours before I noticed how much later it had gotten. "Hey, it's about time for dinner. Are you staying or are you leaving, because I have to go hang with Sage?"

  What Levi doesn't know is that Sage and I aren't talking at the moment and I'm supposed to go see her tomorrow night. What I'm really going to do is set my plan in motion.

   It's almost midnight by the time I arrive at the bar. The air is thick we the scent of alcohol and lost dreams. After finding a corner to stand in, it only takes me a moment to find Mr. Underwood sitting at the bar. He seems to be already quite drunk despite only being on his third beer. I smile. It's my lucky day. Mr. Underwood is a light weight. This would be easier then I thought. I make my approach, but something catches my eye. Levi is here. 

  A macabre scene flashes before my eyes and I let an sluggish grin run across my face before inching closer to the bar.

  "Two bourbons on ice." I muttered at the bartender who was eying my funnily. Throwing two fives on the bar top, I grabbed the drinks.

   I keep an eye on Levi, knowing good in well I can't leave to work until he leaves. He's too infatuated by the boy he's talking with to notice my presence. I grin. This is why he didn't tell me where he was going he was going on a date. The boy is significantly shorter than Levi with slick black hair and glasses. I've seen him before. He's a regular at Sage's cafe. I normally find him studying by himself in the off in the corner. I think his name is Aiden. From what I remember he's a good kid. I shouldn't have to worry about him to much. But if he does anything to hurt Levi I will have to kill him. They seem to be hitting it off. Levi sets down his drink and excuses himself to the restroom.

His date stops paying attention for a moment, giving a stranger floozy enough time to slip something in Levi's drink. In a moments notice I order him a new drink. Aiden pays me no attention when I switch out the drinks. As I slip away to toss the tainted beverage Levi returns. Strangely he still doesn't notice me, even when I whisp right past him. It took 2 hours for the pair of them to leave. Once he and Aiden are gone I focus my attention on Mr. Underwood.

     He's still sat in his chair at the bar, and is currently four bottles under. He can barely support himself. I chuckle. I can't help myself. Mr. Underwood, the raging party animal, was a light weight. How could anyone not smile when they heard that? After another two drinks and 30 minutes later he has clearly reached his limit, and makes a beeline for the exit. I wait a few seconds, then follow him. I find him in the back covered in his own vomit and piss. We lock eyes. It begins to rain.

    "Lucifer..." He mutters, before collapsing on to the concrete. Did I say I threw the tainted drink away? Oops, sorry I lied. What I meant to say was I payed for Marshall's drink.  

  I chuckled to myself as I watched him struggle to get up. Luckily no one comes to the back as it is near an alley where kidnapping happens anyway. I grinned letting the dim light from the light at the top of the bar glint off of my smile. This is going to be fun.

  I started whistling out loud, letting him know I was enjoying his laments. From this angle, he looked very much like a vagrant. This is all just amusing.

  "I'm only going to say, the more you struggle, the faster you black out. That and I really want you to be able to see what I have planned for you, boy." The writer in me wants this to be a dramatic as possible.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92 0 24
"Life is like a sketchbook. There's a beginning and an end. When you start, your drawings will start simple but become more detailed over time. Some...
6.3K 686 44
Who's the victim? Who are the suspects? Who is the murder? Will this mystery be solved in time? Or will it take so damn long? Can you really believe...
Obsession By Amy_theHybrid

Mystery / Thriller

3.6K 305 59
Five years after the untimely murder of his mother, seventeen-year-old Gabriel Hastings lives in a town called Shaw with his father. They have recove...