Echo

By iiMarauders034

Love is pain. Always has been. Never has this been proven more than when a young witch has to choose between... More

cast
cast update
{0} Prologue
{1} Stayin' Alive
{2} Cracker the Neglected Owl
{3} A Dramatic Backstory: Part One
{5} Cat Got Your Tounge?
110K

{4} The Crazy Crew of the Girl's Dormitory

7.5K 172 63
By iiMarauders034

HAS BEEN EDITED AND REWROTE

"Akilo, Elizabeth."

Echo slowly started walking up, a small smile on her face after hearing a loud whoop coming from the Gryffindor table, most likely from Sirius and James. An old hat was placed on her head, falling over her eyes.

"Ah!" the hat said as it sat on her head.

A loud yelp echoed through the hall.

"You're already leaning towards Hufflepuff, dear. Definitely not a Ravenclaw. Maybe...no, no. Not Slytherin. You're too...how do I put this nicely? Ah, yes. Frail. Maybe not Gryffindor like I had presumed. Your mind is very complex, my dear. I guess I'll have to go with..."

"Gryffindor!"

The table clapped loudly, and again, loud whoops coming from a specific section at the end.

Echo hopped if the stool and rushed over to the table, instantly finding that Remus had saved her a spot in between him and James.

"I'm happy you're with me, love," James leaned over and whispered into her ear, eyes still facing forward as Maggie walk forward to the hat. A light crimson filled Echo's cheeks, trying to hold back a giddy grin.

---

"Hey, Prongs. Look," Sirius nodded towards a pretty redhead, and James' eyes instantly lit up.

"I'll be right back," he quickly stood up and walked around to the other side of the wooden table to sit next to the other girl. Just like that, a small fire seemed to burn in her chest, causing her face to subconsciously go into a permanent glare.

"If you're plotting on killing someone, try the Forbidding Forest."

"W-What?"

"Well, you look like you are plotting to murder either James or Lily Evans, and if we're speaking privately here, I prefer it's the second." Sirius had now scooted all the way beside her, swinging an arm over her shoulder, "jealous, eh?"

"No!" she yelled, gaining attention from the whole entire Great Hall.

"No," she said quieter, becoming defensive. "I'm not jealous."

Echo looked at James who was smirking flirtatiously and twirling a piece of Lily's hair, who honestly looked like she was about the slap him.

"Okay, nevermind, I'm jealous," she admitted pitifully. "What do I do?"

"Just follow my lead, love," Sirius grinned at her. "On the count of three, pretend I told you a joke and laugh so he can hear."

"You've put a lot of thought into this haven't you?"

"Just do it! One, two, three," he counted down quietly, and Echo bursted out laughing, definitely gaining attention from Lily as James' hand faltered with twirling Lilly's hair. His eyes were then locked on the pair.

"This may seem weird, but go with it."

His arm dropping from her shoulder to her waist.

"If that gets any lower, you won't have an arm," Echo growled at him through her teeth as she smiled brightly at him. James' attention was completely off Lily now, glaring two holes into Sirius' head.

"With the way James is looking at me, I'm afraid that's not the only thing I'd lose."

James has finally stood up and stiffly walked over. "Mind if I scoot in?" he asked, and before an answer could be given, he squished himself in between Sirius and Echo.

"What have you guys been doing over here?" he asked, casually draping an arm over Echo's shoulder causing the tips of her ears too go a dark shade of red as she took a very large gulp of her tea.

"Nothing much. Just hanging out with Echo. Communication is important in relationships like ours. Don't you agree, love?"

A choking noise came from James' left as Echo was having a loud coughing fit from her tea and Sirius' comment.

"Oh... I wasn't aware you two were-"

"Because we aren't!" Echo said butted in, wiping off the scolding tea that was burning her flesh even through her robes.

"Well in that case, we can be single together," James said while grabbing napkins and dabbing at the tea in Echo's robes.

Sirius could tell that the words were more directed towards Echo than him. He could not tell what James' problem is. First, he's practically worshiping Lily Evans then is advancing towards Echo. All Sirius knew was that James and him were both extremely confused.

--

"Baubles."

Remus led the first-years into the Gryffindor common room.

"Welcome to the Gryffindor Common Room. Boys' dormitories, upstairs and down to your left. Girls, the same on your right. You'll find that your belongings have already been brought up," he says, waving his hands in the directions of the locations he had specified.

"The password to enter is baubles as you heard. Please try not to forget. If you do, please find me. Anyways, welcome to the house of Gryffindor."

And with that, students took off to their assigned dormitories, Echo following the girls. She walked past many doors till she came across one that had her name listed among four others.

Girl's Dormitory
Marie Sawyer
Elizabeth Akilo
Stella Morrison
Dotty Parkway
Leslie Adler

Echo didn't have a single clue who these people were, but just shrugged and entered the room.

"-I'm just saying, Dot. If you need help hiding a body, I could be of great use," a blonde who was sitting on the ground cuddling a giant stuffed hedgehog said to a strawberry blonde who was hanging off the top bunk by her legs.

"I think I got it covered, Leslie. Thanks- Oh! Hello!" Dot, who she could only assume was Dotty Parkway, said while swinging up so she was no longer upside down. The three other girls turned Echo's way as she stood awkwardly at the door.

"Hi. I'm, uh, I'm Elizabeth. Akilo. Yeah. That's me. I guess. I mean, yeah. That is me. It's not a guess. I know who I am. Anyways. Hi."

She totally didn't mess that up in the slightest. A snort of laughter could be heard from the left top bunk as a brunette sat up in the mist of laughing. A sigh of annoyance came from the bunk under her as Echo took notice in a girl who was very in depth with the book in her hands.

While looking around, Echo didn't even notice that the blonde from the floor who she identified as Leslie Adler had came up to her.

"Leslie Adler," she introduced herself and was now close enough that Echo could take in her appearance. Dirty blonde hair that had a few tangles that looked as if they had tried to be fixed but were given up on. Leslie had big blue eyes that looked almost grey and her face had sprinkles of acne on her forehead and cheeks. Her robes looked loose on her as if she hadn't been properly measured for them.

Echo grabbed Leslie's hand and shook it, giving the girl an awkward smile, "pleasure."

"Pleasure is all mine. And this is Dotty Parkway," she pointed to the strawberry blonde on the upper bunk who was watched their interaction like a hawk from their perch. Dotty gave a lazy salute at Echo when she was introduced.

"That's Stella Morrison."

The black haired girl who hid behind her book gave a two fingered wave before going back to her reading.

"And that is Marie Sawyer."

Leslie didn't even bother pointing out Marie as Echo had already inferences that she was the laughing girl who sat perched up high above Stella.

"Bonjour," the brunette winked at her from up high, giving Echo a smirk. Leslie sighed, rubbing her forehead before flopping herself onto the one bed that wasn't a bunk.

"You can take the bed under Dot-"

"Or Stella wouldn't mind moving there, and dear Elizabeth could sleep under me," Marie said, grinning. Stella then kicked the bottom of Marie's bed.

"Oi! It was just a suggestion!"

"A suggestion that will be ignored," Leslie said. Marie huffed, falling back against her bed. Echo sat down slowly into her bunk, not sure if she was happy with her new roommates.

All she knew was that this was gonna be a very interesting year.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

737K 27.2K 102
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1.1M 19.3K 132
requests (open) walker scobell imagines AND preferences :) -- #1 - riordan (04.30.24) #1 - leenascobell (05.29.24) #2 - adamreed (04.30.24) #2 - momo...
215K 10.1K 31
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
1.3M 56.8K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC