Fate Of The Twelve (Completed)

Od thebadgirl05

Completed 'Big sister... I'm scared.' A little one whispered as we hid in a cramped alley, trying to escap... Více

Prologue
Chapter 1: Blacker than the night
Chapter 2: Portal
Chapter 3: Trouble
Chapter 4: the council
Chapter 5: first day
Chapter 6: Dumb
Chapter 7: the fallen
Chapter 8: Collapse
Chapter 9: Battle Start
Chapter 10: Battle for the throne
Chapter 11: Demon
Chapter 12: Oh no
Chapter 13: Earth
Chapter 15: Generals
Chapter 16: encounter
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18: Unravel
Chapter 19: Nightmare
Chapter 20: white
Chapter 21: Visit
Chapter 22: please let me
Chapter 23: amidst the palm
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25: Zephyr's Best friend
Chapter 26: Trapped
Chapter 27: Waking up
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29: A dip in the 'pool'
Chapter 30: not again!
Chapter 31: scary kid
Chapter 32: Agony
Chapter 33: Painful goodbye
Chapter 34: fly
Chapter 35: Idris
Chapter 36: Snowmen
Chapter 37: Shall we?
Chapter 38: Imperial King
Chapter 39:
Chapter 40:
Chapter 41:
Chapter 42: cave?
Chapter 43:
Chapter 44: the demon queen
Chapter 45: heart beat
Chapter 46: not over yet
Chapter 48: Reflection
Chapter 49: the void
Chapter 50: Carving
Chapter 51: depart
Chapter 52: Captain Sparrow
Chapter 53: Three pairs
Chapter 54: Unicorn blood and Phoenix tears
Chapter 55: Sleep
Chapter 56: forgiveness
Chapter 57: yet another revelation
Chapter 58: merpeople
Chapter 59: visitor
Chapter 60: attacked

Chapter 14: Fall

161 32 3
Od thebadgirl05

"This place is nice!" Jack approvingly said as we all entered the spacious and wide condominium unit we just bought, well since there were many of us, we just bought a whole floor.

The others wound their way in and placed the shopping bags they had on the floor before sitting down to rest. Well, we've been walking all day long so it's only appropriate.

"Who's gonna cook? I'm starving." Ryouta exclaimed and we all shared a look.

"You always are." Everyone scolded but he didn't care anyway.

"I'll cook. Jack, please help me out." I said since Jack's been the one going back and forth between the two worlds so he may have known a little atleast. Saves me from questions.

The red brick headed guy nodded and pushed himself out of the sofa he was sitting on and joined me in my search for the kitchen since the place was wide and had many other doors.

I checked out the place and everything needed in a kitchen were present, utensils, tools and whatsoever. I started cooking some rice while Jack wore a white apron on and began preparing ingredients for the feast we were going to prepare.

Pretty much soon, we were using the free internet of the condominium for searching for dishes to cook with the plenty of ingredients that was present. We began cooking them with Youtube's help and guidance as we had fun.

We didn't mind though if the kitchen got messy. Jack and the others can probably and easily clean them up with their powers after all so why bother tiring out ourselves right?

-----------

"How do you use this?" I asked Leo with a pout and showed him the phone that Jack bought for me and everyone else had their own, the two kids included.

Annoyingly, Leo managed to figure out how it worked and he was already playing a game, or whatever that is. I'm jealous since it looked like he was having fun. He looked up from the game he was playing and looked at me with a smile.

"Haven't figured it out Violet?" He asked like it wasn't obvious at all that it was the case as to why I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Isn't it obvious already?" I asked grumpily and glared at the phone. I can pretty much read the words but I don't understand what they meant at all.

All I can comprehend at least was the word message. I just don't know how to use it yet.

Leo chuckled and motioned me to scoot over to him and I followed, sitting closely to him as he took my phone and showed me how things were done.

Also, he saved up everyone's numbers which he amazingly memorized all. The Castello brother's have ridiculous intelligence, that much I can say.

Soon enough, I got the hang of things as we explored every application on the phone. It wasn't that hard as long as someone teaches you how to operate it.

The application I was most interested in so far was the google chrome and Youtube since there was a lot of interesting things to see there, also, you can just type up something you don't understand and google is there to explain it all, my, how convenient.

"What does the camera do?" I asked curiously since it was the only one we hadn't explored yet. He smiled and pressed it before wrapping an arm over my shoulder and pulled me closer as held out the phone in front of us, the screen facing our part.

"Oh my God! How did that happen?" I asked with awe as I saw my own clear reflection there, with him just beside me.

"I don't know but hey, smile." He said with a chuckle as I saw his image in the thin metal complicated thing that the humans created. His image smiled and so did I.

-------

I stared with boredom at my phone as I watched it charge next to Rex's and some other's phone. All their batteries were drained with the past hour of us using them and we have nothing to do now. I looked around and saw the two sitting opposite the couch Ryouta and I were sitting at as excitement bubbled up in me.

"Rex, Leirum, you two seem to be bored, want us to explore the rooftop?" I asked excitedly and the two turned to look at me as the others began busying themselves about things. Violet and the other girls except Muriel went to look around the place and check things out for them to have something to do.

"Might as well go, I have nothing else to do." Rex said and stood up with the first ranker. I nodded enthusiastically and stood up myself before pausing and thinking about something...I think big sister won't mind if I take this two with me right?

I mean, this is the first time I've ever been to a condominium and I really wanted to see things from a high building so I'm kind of excited to go to the rooftop. We'll just have fun and nothing is harmful in that right?

"Where are you guys going?" Ryouta who has been staring at the wide plasma TV for some time turned his head toward us and looked at us questioningly, his lips formed in a pout because dinner wasn't ready yet. What a glutton.

"We're going somewhere, tell the others we'll be back later." Rex answered as Ryouta absentmindedly nodded and continued staring hard at the TV. I chuckled and reached for the remote control and turned the TV on.

A cartoon was on show and I laughed again when Ryouta suddenly jumped up in surprise and stared wide-eyed at the TV. His eyes cautiously watching the moving figures.

"What the? What are those creatures? How can they move around in such a small space?" He asked, clearly bewildered as his eyes peered curiously at the show.

"Entertainment. One of the technologies created by humans." I explained shortly with a smile of amusement and gave him the remote as he gave me a questioning look before he turned his attention on the remote control in his hands.

"If you don't like the show, you can go to other channels by pressing these." I said and showed him how, even how to raise up the volume or to tone it down.

When he understood, I handed it over to him again and he began to excitedly explore the wonders of television while I turned to the two I was talking with earlier.

"Humans created pretty interesting things." Rex shortly commented and I shrugged while our enigmatic first ranker kept his face neutral and emotionless. Why is this guy so poker-faced anyway?

I turned the knob of the door and went out, the other two following behind me. "Let's use the elevator since I'm too lazy to climb all the way to the top since it's too tiring." I said and the two raised their brows as we stopped in front of the elevators.

"What a lazy boy you are, you won't be able to take the real training if your lazy with just climbing some steps ya know?" Rex said with a smirk, a mischievous grin on his lips as if he wanted something and I glared at him.

"Is that a challenge?" I asked and glared up at him.

"I don't know? What do you think?" He answered with a smirk and playfully raised his eyebrows up and down it was kinda funny. It was clear he was provoking me but I must say that he's good at that.

"I ain't weak. I can run up all the way." I huffed and he stared at me with mischief in his eyes which was annoying me.

I stared back at him, my eyes boring into his and we had an intense staring contest and I didn't want to back down, he didn't want to either though.

"Well then you two run along, I'll be the judge-----" Leirum wan't able to finish his statement as Rex and I began dashing up the stairs which was just around a corner.

At first, we we're just running up with the same speed, running up with two steps at a time and no one wanted to get beat as we raised up the stairs. However, with the sudden sprint, I soon became tired and out of breath as Rex continued running up as fast as how he started and I was slowly falling behind. Sports wasn't really my sport before.

"Is that all you can do kid?" Rex shouted tauntingly from two floors above me as he jogged up and I stopped for a little while to catch my breath. I glared up at him and began to continue the race I already lost. Tsk. This one is to talk, he's just a kid himself.

I tell you, these people are some monster. I looked down and saw no sign of the first ranker following. Did he use the elevator or what? I shook my head and continued. Just a couple more floors and I'll be there. Keep going.

When I finally got to the top, I opened the door and immediately leaned on it while I caught my breath, sweat trickling from my soaked forehead. I can even feel my shirt getting damp from both the front and back with that exercise.

"You're late. Looks like you'll have training to boost your stamina." A voice said thoughtfully and I raised my head only to be surprised to see Leirum there, standing just beside Rex who didn't even break a sweat.

"h-how did you----"

"I used teleportation." Leirum coolly said and Rex and I glared at him. We tired ourselves for nothing and this guy can bring us here without a sweat if he wanted to. Tsk. He just ignored us and looked around, standing near the railings.

When I caught my breath and my breathing slowly turned normal, I joined them both there and stared at the scenery of the city in front of us, marveling at the beautiful scenery.

I breathed in the cool air, which was the same as usual but it felt like I didn't smell them in years when in fact it may just be a week or a few weeks that I wasn't able to.

I'm still getting confused with the different time in the two different worlds but I'm sure to get used to it soon in the future anyways.

The sun was nearly setting and a lot of lights lighted up the blackening sky as I stared around with amazement. Looking down, the people and the cars on the streets looked like ants. The air was cool around here as doves flew around along with other birds.

This condominium we're staying right now was one of the few many towering buildings in the city that rose up in contrast against the sky. Seeing these now, I was mesmerized by the beauty.

"That's some weird looking bird up there." Rex said and pointed out a small shape in the sky, white-cloud like straight parallel lines following after it. Seeing what he was pointing at, I chuckled.

"That's not a bird. It's a plane, a type of vehicle used for teleportation. If you people use teleportation there on Azeroth, humans use vehicles such as an airplane over air and a ships over sea." I explained and he frowned as his eyes followed our subject with his eyes until it vanished behind dark clouds.

"We're pretty up high. Ugh, just seeing down makes me wanna go back. I hate high places." Rex mumbled under his breath to which I agreed to.

"I hate them too but hey, as long as we don't fall, it's fine right------"

Rex and I both screamed loudly when we suddenly found ourselves hoisted up, looking directly down at the street hundreds of feet below us, and my stomach immediately churned.

Leirum carried the both of us on either side, under his arms as he stood dangerously on top of the railing and calmly balancing himself steadily as we rocked a little back and forth.

I gulped, getting dazed at the view and the feeling of how a single movement will make us plummet to our deaths.

"Hey, what the world in Azeroth are you doing Leirum? Put as down now." Rex demanded, his voice slightly shaking, probably as scared as I was. Dizzy with the height.

"Fight your fears. Isn't that one of the human quotes that you humans all know?" Leirum asked us, and I can tell he was smirking as he was saying the words. I gulped again.

"Are you crazy? Do you want us to fall to our deaths?" I asked incredulously as I craned my neck to look up at him. Sure enough, he was smirking widely like a devil.

"Oooops, sorry... not sorry." He smirked and our eyes widened.

As we plummeted forward, me and Rex with Leirum at our center, we flailed around and began screaming at the top of our lungs in fright, the hard street approaching fast below us.

"Waaaahhhhhh!!!!! We're going to die!" I heard Rex scream while I looked down, a strange sensation feeling me like this happened before.

But besides that, I was kinda starting to like the feeling of falling down, the wind whipping my hair about and chilling my skin.

Strangely, I found myself laughing happily with my hands stretched out at my side like wings as I felt the air around me.

"Hey Rexxxx!!! This is actually fun!" I yelled out as I turned my face to the side and saw that Rex didn't need to be told for he had his eyes already closed and he was feeling the air around him.

Suddenly, I felt Leirum holding my hand and we twisted in the air, a second later and our feet were on hard ground. We were back, standing at the rooftop with him giving us a small smile.

"Again! Higher this time!" Rex and I shouted at the same time excitedly at him as we pleaded at Leirum with our eyes.

Giving a chuckle, he ruffled our hairs fondly.

"Sure but wait for me for a minute." He said and suddenly disappeared as Rex and I waited excitedly. A minute later and the first ranker appeared, a pair of thick jackets in his hand which he handed over to us.

Not caring about what he was planning to do but excited and and anticipating what it might be, we eagerly put them on and zipped them up as we expectantly gazed up at them.

"Hmmmm. You two are still kids after all. Well, never mind, let's have some fun and go sight-seeing at the same time shall we?" He asked and offered his hands to each of us which we immediately took.

For the second time around, we left ourselves twist in the air, the ground disappearing below us and the wind whizzing on around us.

Next thing we knew, we were high up in the sky, the ground a couple of miles below us, allowing us to see the whole of the city below as we began dropping down, our heads down first.

Leirum being the responsible guy that he is, created and invisible barrier around us for the moment we heard him finish chanting something as he held us by the hands like a caring older brother, the wind around us wasn't that harsh but it was still cold up here.

"Both of you have the element of the wind and the lightning of the sky, what are you both afraid of?" he asked us and chuckled as we kept falling down, the gravity of the Earth doing its job.

Rex and I scratched our nape as we grinned, embarrassed. He's got a point.

"Never mind. Watch." Leirum said with a smile as he looked straight ahead. Rex and I followed suit, watching in awe at the wonderful scene in front of us. The sun was already setting behind some proud mountains in the distance.

The sky was painted a crimson blood red, the sky turning black but it was a view to behold as the city stood below, a pretty place with pretty flickering lights caused by the wind like stars shining in the sky.

---------

"Dinner's ready in thirty minutes. Why don't you all take a bath? There's a Jacuzzi at the far end, one for the girls and one for the boys. If you don't want to try it out for now, use the showers." I called out as I stepped in the living room, finding all of them in front of the plasma TV and watching a show.

"A Jacuzzi?" Antoinette curiously asked as she stretched out. I nodded. "Yeah, it's like the bath in Azeroth but a little smaller." I explained and she nodded as an okay.

When she turned though, she snickered and grinned as I frowned at her. The others who looked around to grinned up at me. Do I have dirt on my face or what?

"Don't you look... pretty." She snickered but I ignored her mock.

"C'mon now guys, move. Continue watching later on." I urged and they stood up and began stretching.

"Aye, aye captain." They said with their smirks never leaving their faces.

They dispersed and walked away, chatting happily and walking along when I noticed that there were three missing.

"Where's Rex, Kevin and the idiot?" I asked with an eyebrow raised. Ryouta who was last turned and answered me.

"They said that they're going somewhere and they'll just be back later on."

I frowned. No doubt, It's either the two asked Kevin to show them some place or Kevin offered them around. I saw that all the sockets were occupied by chargers except the TV and I shook my head with a smile.

They're just like children who were given gadgets for the first time and normally got addicted with them. Well, they'll be pretty get bored with them later on. I'm just wondering when we will be able to return to Azeroth and complete the mission.

"Did they go take a bath now?" Jack asked, appearing by the door from the kitchen and I laughed hard as I took in his appearance.

He had flour on his face probably when we fooled around a bit in baking some cupcakes for dessert, his hair was messed up, some chocolate icing on his hair and apron.

He grimaced at me. "Quit laughing." He answered as he walked closer, a smirk slowly spreading and he gave me a mirror.

Getting curious, I looked and saw my face, covered in chocolate icing and flour. Oh boy. He started chortling and snickering at me just like what I did to him earlier. Oh my G. I look horrible.

My face heated up and I hit him playfully on the shoulder.

"Just go take a bath already. I'll just wait for the other three." I said and forcedly pushed him away as he kept on laughing but left anyway.

Sighing to myself, I decided that I will look for the three but figures that I don't have to since the door opened and spat out the three.

"Big sister! We had such an amazing time!!!!!" Kevin enthusiastically greeted and ran up to me along with Rex.

Basing from the twinkle in their eyes, I didn't need to be told since they clearly looked happy. They were wearing thick jackets and I knelt down with a frown as they began talking at the same time with excitement.

I frowned deeper when I made sure that their clothes and hair were a little damp. Where have they been anyway.

"Alright you two, have a quick bath first before you get sick and you can tell me later on about everything 'kay?" I asked and patted their heads.

"B-but----"

"No but's you two, have a bath first and I promise I'll listen to your story afterwards." I said as I pushed them gently.

They looked a little disappointed but they still went on. My forehead creased. Was I imagining it or did Rex show a proof that he is still a child at heart?

"Where did you three go off to and what did the three of you do anyway?" I asked and turned at Leirum who just watched the whole time and kept silent all along.

"Sky diving." He answered nonchantly as I stared at him wide eyed.

"You what?!" I exclaimed at him and he backed a step as he covered his ears.

"Don't shout so loud or you'll destroy my eardrums woman." He snarled at me and I glared at him.

"You heard it right, we watched the sun set while falling down." He said lazily, as if talking to me was one of the least things he wanted to do at the moment which made me glare harder.

"Are you crazy? What if someone happened to the two-----"

"I'm not stupid to put their lives into danger, besides, the two have wind elements. They can fly if they wished to." He cut off and stared at the ceiling, just like always, his eyes refused to meet mine which I still didn't get at all.

I quieted down and sighed as he brushed past me and went to his own room... probably. Why is it so hard to get along with this guy?

Later on the same night we were seated by the living room and watching some news after a delicious and satisfying dinner.

"What the hell were you three thinking?!" Jack and Leo screamed as they saw the headline on the news tonight, a blurry video and some pictures of three figures plummeting down from a condominium and another one that showed the figures falling down from high up.

I grimaced while the two kids began story telling excitedly, the first ranker enigmatically and poker-facedly played a game in his phone, the others snickering and laughing silently as Leo and Jack had their faces buried in their palms.

What an epic view.

---------

Well, hope you like it even if it's not much.

Please vote, comment and follow.

-Thebadgirl05 at your service.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

287K 3.3K 29
I don't believe in miracles. Or in magic or fate. Or even that everyone has a soul mate out there. I believe in Reality. Parents murdered. Siblings...
2.6K 170 17
My lungs and muscles burned. Everything in my body begging me to stop but I had to keep moving. I had to get away. I rather die than go back to that...
316K 10.1K 23
Hello Everyone! Just a quick note to say that I am editing this book and I am making the chapters a little bit longer. If some chapters don't make se...
Dionne Od Mia

Vlkodlaci

449 155 31
"Why are you running from me?" I said with my heart breaking in pieces just from listening to the words getting out of my mouth and being directed to...