Screams Of The Dead *Liam Dun...

By VoidArchie

"Something inside me has changed. I feel like I have hit rock bottom" Rebecca Martin just wants to be norma... More

Screams of the Dead
Prologue
1. Liam Dunbar
2. Voices like Vultures
3. Battle on the lacrosse Field
4. Bite me Daddy
5. Escaping the McCall House.
6. "Are you asking me on a date?"
7. Intervention gone wrong
8. "I like you Liam"
9. Weighing down the problems
10. Show down.
11. "Anything for you babe"
12. His gone...
13. A day with Dunbar
14. Plunging into darkness
15. Till death do us apart
16. Aftermath
17. Invasion of the night
18. The Death Call
19. Beta's Confessions
20. Anger pains
21. Party crashers
22. Power of a banshee
23. Falling Star
24. Reality or a nightmare
26. Full Moon
27. Breaking Spirit
28. Summer Ball
IMPORTANT
Epilogue + Sequel
The Arts Of Dying โ€ขS.Sโ€ข

25. Where's Scott?

2.9K 68 4
By VoidArchie

Chapter 25: Where's Scott?

I felt my body jerk at the sound of my annoying ringtone, I felt the cogs in my brain start to hiss as they churned together. It was way to early for me to be awake right now. I didn't feel like opening my eyes, they felt heavy with the weight of sleep holding them shut.

There was a feeling in my gut, which alarmed me to throw back the covers of my bed and answer my mobile phone. After rolling in my bed and hearing the sound of my mobile phone stopped ringing. I knotted my eyebrows, opening one eye and seeing the darkness which loomed in front of me.

I probably should of seen who decided to call me at this unholy hour but instead I just sunk back into the warmth of my bed. Shortly after my phone starting ringing again, this time, I rolled my eyes as well as rolling on my bed so I could retrieve my phone.

I glanced at the caller Id. Prince Liam

Seriously! I so need to change his name on here, I sound like some 9 year old girl with an infatuation over a celebrity crush.

Without a second thought I answered the phone raising it to my ear. At first I didn't know what to expect, I hadn't spoke to Liam since our little argument earlier in the gym area. Instead, I spent most the day alone, mainly being chase by Lydia apologising to me.

Finally exhausted with the topic I forgave her, and asked that maybe she could get Scott to talk to me about this matter, After School I headed to Deaton to see if maybe he had found any answers for me about whats going on with me. He said that there had seemed to be a small alteration to my blood work, that there was more Whiteblood cells in my plasma than usual.

I left Deaton with the task of trying to figure out how I became a banshee, he said it was particularly rare to end up with the gifts I had without some supernatural influence. He said sometimes humans could inhibit small gifts of a banshee, such as having a prediction like my grandma but with the 'power' I supposedly had it would be particularly rare.

Returning my thoughts back to what was happening right now all I could hear was the quick pants of Liam's breath down the phone. Nervousness filled my body as I threw myself upright in bed. "Liam are you okay? Whats wrong?"

There was a defending silence before I heard Liam's voice. "I can't sleep" He mumbled.

I bit down on my lip harshly, "Are you having nightmares again?"

"No" He replied almost immediately. "I can't sleep because I'm thinking of you. My mind has been going over what to say all night and now it's 3am and I brought myself to talk to you"

I didn't exactly know what to say, but a little shiver of fear rose through me. I felt my cheeks turn ice cold as a horrid thought hit me. Was he breaking up with me?

"I'm sorry Rebecca. I'm sorry I have been a dick to you today. What I said, was harsh but slightly true. I'm to busy worrying about you that I don't want to let my own problems in." Liam breathed out heavily, his voice was cracking as if he was about to cry.

"I'm scared, but I don't want to be. I'm scared of the next full moon which is tomorrow night. I'm scared of those creatures and most importantly I'm scared I'm going to lose you" Liam whispered. "Hell I thought maybe I lost you today since you didn't get the bus back with me"

I sighed, "Liam I shouldn't have to burden you with my problems if you can't handle your own. I am your girlfriend and I will always be here for you to vent to or to confide in with your problems. No matter how weak you may feel by telling me I will always understand. So would Scott, if you needed to tell him"

"You can't always be brave all the time"

Liam huffed, I could imagine him now running his fingers through his chestnut brown hair. I think he'd look absolutely adorable especially with the aura of sleep around him. "I promise I will tell you things in future" He admitted, "I just want you to make one promise to me Becca"

I bit down on my lip again, running my index finger along the outskirts of my eye to wipe the sleep from it. "anything, as long as it makes you happy" I replied.

"No matter what, I want you to stay away from me on the full moon. I don't want to risk your safety. I don't care how much you want to be there I want you to stay away" I could hear the urgency in his voice, also the hint of him being wide awake, his voice was full of energy.

"I promise" I spoke honestly, If Liam was concerned about me, I didn't want him to stress over me so I promised to stay away from him on the full moon. I would be a little stupid to go to a place were there is a slight out of control werewolf with anger issues. But hey, we are getting there.

The call went silent for a couple of minutes but all I could hear was liam's breath through the phone. It sounded relaxing and If i wasn't slightly awake, the sound could of lulled me to sleep. "Rebecca, can you talk to me please" Liam begged. "I just want to hear your voice. Talk to me about anything, girly gossip, what you're wearing, how hot you think I am" I could here a slight hint of cockiness in his voice.

I giggled slightly into the phone, "Please I just want to hear your voice" He mumbled before I could send him a retort. I spent the rest of the night awake, talking to Liam about anything. He was sweet, like usual. I wouldn't of been able to tell he was angry with me only hours before.

****

That horrid feeling still lurked inside me, it felt like a darkness which was trying to break free telling us something was wrong. Today, when I saw Lydia I asked her if she felt the same feeling, she only gave me a neutral look, her eyes a couple shades darker like she agreed. She could feel the darkness coming too.

It was like a storm cloud, in the distance making it's way towards us. Something was definitely wrong. I could feel it, I could sense it, I could hear it. It sounded like death, death was on the horizon.

I pulled Liam's Lacrosse hoodie over my head, letting the warmth of the material radiate on my cold body. My eyes instantly glanced outside, the sun was sinking lower and lower into the sky, lighting it up with colours of fire. Red and orange streaks laced through the sky making me take a quick photo of the beautiful scene.

"Rebecca!" My mom called from outside my door, quickly after a knock followed. I narrowed my brow, letting a quick sigh slide from my mouth before I walked over to the door and opening it to face my mother. Her dark hair was pulled back into a ponytail making her face look slightly more square then usual. Her face seemed hard and her lip was stern.

"Where are you planning on going tonight?" Her tone seemed slightly agitated. Mom got very tetchy when I left the house especially after dark after everything that has happened. She still doesn't believe me that I had been staying at Lydia's, she even asked Aunt Natalie and clearly she told her I'd spent no time there.

Unfortunately, lies catch up with us all at some point.

I rubbed my hand along my forehead. "I thought that maybe we could order take out and watch a film together tonight. Maybe Twilight. I know you have always had a thing for vampires" My mother smiled, trying to have some interest in my life for once.

Thats pretty ironic since I'm dating a werewolf, a mutual enemy of blood sucking vampires. "Mom" I sighed heavily, my brown eyes sinking to the floor. "I'm going to watch Liam's lacrosse game tonight"

My mom pouted slightly, her head turning to the side as her lips tightened in a harder line. "I don't think that's a good idea" My mother pressed.

I groaned again, turning from the door way where I had been talking to my mother. I picked up my black converse from by my bed, I sat down and slipped them on as my mom approached me.

"You spend too much time with that boy Rebecca" My mother stated. "One day he is going to disappear or hurt you and you will be left in piece because your world revolves around him"

I narrowed my eyes, glaring up at her. I could feel rage burning through me, like devil poison burning away the humanity in me. If I didn't control myself so well, I thought that maybe, I would of stood up and slapped my mom across the face.

"Liam wouldn't hurt me like that mom" I deadpanned too quickly, my breath came out rapidly. "And maybe if you actually bothered to spend time with your only daughter than maybe I wouldn't always be with someone else. Maybe for once you should stop being a crap mother" I snapped.

My mother's face burned from bright red to pale white as if she was about to chuck up everything in her stomach. Instantly I felt guilt wash through me, this is what I hate about my recent personality. I could be as cruel as a snake but in the end guilty and my humanity would win.

I stormed past my mother, not being able to look at her face after I managed to upset her. I really need to learn to contain my angers.

"Rebecca" My mom called, their was a hollow sound to her voice. I stopped at the threshold of the door but didn't bother to turn. "Maybe I could possibly come with you to the game?"

After that me and my mother headed to the car in an awkward silence, during out car journey she kept apologising that she had neglected her duty as a parents and that she would change everything round, she would try and spend more time with me than doing extra work.

We arrived at the lacrosse field, after such a long time it seemed. All I wanted to do was get away from my mother and the awkwardness she brought between the two of us. I remember in the past all I wanted was for her to accept me and to spend more time with me and now... I want to her stop.

We walked through the bleachers, occasionally stopping to say hello to a few people. My mother stopped to speak to Sheriff Stilinski, asking him how Stiles was doing and all that stuff mother's do. I awkwardly stood their, twisting my dark brown hair between my fingers.

Me and Malia just glanced at each other, not really speaking. Out of everyone in the pack Malia was the one I mostly didn't get a long with. I didn't know why, maybe it was her natural animal instincts or her violent personality. Something about her put me off.

"Have you spoken to Scott recently?" Malia asked, her eyes looking slightly caution as she trod on rocky ground. I shook my head, biting down on my lip, "I spoke to him yesterday asking him to speak to Liam but apart from that no"

Malia nodded her head, brushing her hair back behind her ear in once graceful movement. "I think that maybe you should stay away from all this" Malia spoke, eyeing my mother cautiously as she spoke making sure she was still engrossed in her convocation with Stiles father.

I took a step forwards, my faces remained in a harsh expression as my eyes glared at her. " The deadpool is over, life is going back to normal and I think that maybe you should stay away from us all. It will be better for us and better for yourself" Malia finished, almost in a snarl.

"That's what I was planning on doing" I admitted raising one of my eyebrows. "Only time I will get involved is with Liam. He still needs me" I finish, linking my arm through my mothers and my teeth stay locked gritted.

"Come on mom, the game will be starting soon" I dragged my mom away from Mr Stilinski, pulling her through the bleachers after I threw one more glare at Malia over the curtain of my dark brown hair.

After taking a seat with my mother a couple of rows up in the bleachers, I spotted Liam in his lacrosse stuff. His face was twisted with concern and worry, something which made my stomach churn. I wanted to run down to him and pester him asking him what was wrong but I help myself back.

Maybe Malia was right, maybe I am bad for everyone, even for Liam. His constantly worrying about me, someone he shouldn't need to worry about. His the one going through troubles in being a werewolf, a secret he wants to take the grave. Maybe it would be best if we took a break, even my mom said. We spend too much time together.

But as soon as his ocean blue eyes danced around the field, only to lock with mine, I felt all the doubt and fear rush from my body like hot water washing away soap. I felt my heart flutter in my chest and an automatic smile launched onto my face. I don't like being selfish, but I always am when it comes to Liam.

My mother was right, I would crash and burn is I ever had to live without him.

Liam sent me a smile before rushing up the bleachers towards us. His usual hair was tousled, as though he had been running his fingers through the locks non stop from stress. His eyes had small purple bags under probably from the lack of sleep he got last night from call me.

The thing I loved the most were his lips, those soft pink lips which twitched into a bright and loving smile as his eyes locked onto me.

"Here comes Liam" My mother spoke, I was too busy concentrating on Liam that I lacked the ability to being able to read the emotion in her voice.

"Hey Rebecca" Liam greeted, stopping in front of me, his left hand held his lacrosse bag over his shoulder as he smiled down at me. His eyes lingered on me slightly, before they darted to my mother, his cheeks heated slightly making my adoration for Liam grow.

"Hello Mrs Martin" Liam greeted, holding out his hand for my mother to shake. She glanced at me, letting a smile curve on her lips. She reached out and shook Liam's hand.

"Is your mother here today Liam?" My mother asked curiously as her eyes scanned the bleachers looking for Mrs Dunbar. Liam bit his lips, shaking his head. "No, She is a little tied up at work and so is my Step-Dad" Liam shrugged innocently.

"Oh, that's a shame. If you would like a lift back your always welcome to come back with us?" My mother offered sharing a look with me. She knew Liam was important to me she I guess she might put her difference aside of how much time we spend around each other.

"Thanks for the offer Mrs Martin" Liam started, holding up his hand. "But I don't want to seem rude and impose"

"That's nonsense" My mother waved her hand with a smile. "You will be coming back with us and I won't hear any more excuses" She finished. It was clear that sometimes my mother could be more stubborn then I was.

"Would it be okay if I borrowed Rebecca for a couple of minutes?" Liam asked my mother politely, something about his actions with my mother seemed to make me glow in the darkness like I was a star burning away.

"Sure" My mother nodded, "Just as long as you bring her back" My mother winked, trying to be playful. I cringed slightly, it was reading one of those awful stories where a mother would try to be all lovey dovey to their daughters boyfriend. It just seemed to me like women being slight cougars.

Liam took my hand in his, helping me up from my seat like the cute gentleman that he is. I smiled at him, locking my hand in his as I leaned against his muscular frame.

"I promise I will bring her back" Liam responded, before he walked me down the bleachers. I could tell that by the way he was clamping his hands over mine, nearly as hard as stone, that there was something wrong.

I knew to myself, that there was something wrong. My mind, it has been more quiet then usual. There has been less voices, less screams and I have hardly heard anything from Allison. Her voice hasn't hardly been there since the night I was found in the water plant. I feel like I have been disconnected from her.

"Scott" Liam whispered, turning harshly to face me. His hands locked onto my face in a tight embrace as soon as he spoke. Luckily we were out of ear reach from my mother but I couldn't tell if she was watching because I had my back to her.

Liam leaned closer and placed a delicate kiss on my nose before his lips trailed down to the corner of my own and placed a small kiss there. "Scott is late and we are facing Brett and his team" Liam mumbled.

My mind cast back to that arrogant, but hot beanpole which is Liam's rival from his old school. I could feel my anger intensify as soon I heard his name from Liam's lips. I started to cool down as soon as I remember the fact I found him almost murdered by Violet in the gym locker room.

I placed another kiss to his lips before looking up into his dreamy eyes. "Liam you will do great with or without Scott." I raised my hand so it was cupping his cheek. "Your amazing at Locrosse remember the day you got turned, You played amazing even before you were turned."

The topic of Liam being turned seemed to outrage him, he released his hands from my face a took a step back almost as if I burned him with fire. His eyes dropped to the floor. "Thats not the point Bex." His voice sounded wounded, as if I stabbed him in the chest.

"Scott hasn't answered his phone, he hasn't gave no explanation why he isn't here" He spoke. His eyes trailed up to me, "Have you felt anything Rebecca? Have you had any feeling which could be a clue" Liam's voice was so full of hope but there was nothing, i felt nothing apart from a dark void and rage burning through me.

"I haven't felt anything Liam. There have been no voices. No nothing. Everything gone quiet" I stated seeming to agitate the Beta more.

We headed down to the benches now which were for the lacrosse players who were subs or were injured. I took a seat beside Liam who was panicking with Stiles about Why Scott wasn't here.

"Okay, what's really going on?" Stiles asked, clearly picking up on why Liam was actually really panicking. I knew there was something else other than it being about Scott, his Alpha. "Are you nervous about the full moon?"

"It's not for another 24 hours." Stiles spoke again

I placed my hand on Liam's Shoulder, rubbing it . "Liam, you're gonna be fine. Okay?" I placed a kiss on his cheek causing Stiles to make a gagging noise. I glared at him, telling him with my eyes if he carried on he would lose what he considered his 'crowned jewels'.

"Just try not to rage out on anyone." Stiles shurgged. "Not helpful Stiles" I hissed at him.

"You're not worried?" Liam asked, his voice sounded scratchy.

"Okay, I'm mildly concerned." Stiles admitted. Liam kept rummaging through his bag probably trying to distract himself from his mind.

Stiles pulled out his phone and started typing a text probably for Scott.

"We're gonna lose without him." Liam deadpanned quickly

"No, you're not. You can be just as good without Scott. Okay?" I locked my hand with Liam's again, making him turn so his darkened eyes would look me straight in the face so he would stop rummaging through his bag.

"But Stiles is slightly useless" Liam shrugged harmlessly but I nodded in agreement

"Excuse me" Stiles replied sassily, "I've been practicing. Let me tell you something. I'm getting good. Really good."

"Miss Martin" Coach Finstock boomed towards me, his voice was nearly as loud as that whistle I wanted to force down his throat for him constantly blowing it. I glanced up from Liam seeing him staring at me with wide eyes.

"Unless you're going to change into a lacrosse uniform and have learnt how to play acceptationaly well get off my pitch and back on the bleachers" He yelled again, his face was stern as his finger pointed towards were I was previously sitting.

My eyes bulged in my head, biting down on my lip as I raised up from the bench I was sitting on. "Good luck guys. but you won't need my luck" I smiled, running my hands through Liam's hair trying to get him to smile but failed.

"Too right Rebecca. We can win without your petty luck" Coach blew his whistle causing me to grip my ears in pain as if my ear drums were about to burst.

"One of these days I'm going to punch you in the face sir" I mumbled, mostly to myself but preyed that maybe he heard me over the loud screaming of his ego and whistle.

****

Through out most of the game we were watching Beacon Hills High school lose against DevenFord Prep, it was clearly something which was lowering everyone morale apart from mine. What can I say, I found it really funny when the lacrosse players would knock Stiles on his backside.

Half time came in a quick blur, our lacrosse team seemed wiped out. It was like they lost all hope for winning. I guessed we kind of did need Scott to help us win against those assholes.

I watched Coach throwing his clipboard onto the floor and stomp on it from rage, my mother made a couple of comments saying how maybe he should take some anger management classes.

I watched Stiles dart from the field leaving Dunbar to sulk slightly on the bench waiting for half time to end, I felt the sadness radiate off him like tsunami waves. I felt my body automatically stand but my mother pulled me back down. Looks like I'm stuck here.

Half time ended and the game started to pick up again, we managed to gain the ball only for it to be knocked from a players net by one of the assholes team. Everytime we managed to lose the ball I felt my anger bubble yet again, over such a silly game.

As DevenFord had the ball, the players ran down the field, Liam approached in a jog only for him to halt so suddenly. I became baffled along with everyone else as his eyes widened into saucers and he gazed in fear at the players running towards him.

Something was wrong.

"Is Liam okay?" My mom asked out of concern. I shrugged, "I'm not too sure, he hasn't been sleeping very well Mom" I replied. Liam stayed planted on the field as if his leg had became jelly and he was unable to move.

"For the love of god!" Coach yelled out. "Liam Move!" He scream liked a bratty girl who couldn't get their own way. After that Liam snapped awake, watching as the opposition passed him, Liam only turned to watch the players pass him, managing to score.

I felt a sudden darkness wash over me, as if the devil had risen from the pits of hell itself. I felt my head go dizzy, as my eyes wondered the grounds only to lock onto a figure who slid beside Malia. Peter Hale.

I could sense something and coming from him, it was the feeling of death and it confused me. Was he close to death?

My eyes were locked onto him for too long, studying over him as if I could decode him with my eyeballs. Suddenly, as if he could sense my staring he glanced up and locked eye contact with me.

The coaches whistle blew and I zoned back into reality and my ears could hear groaning coming from all over the pitch. I jump started back into life when my mother gasp and rose to her feat.

Her hands were clasped over her mouth as she spoke, her words muffled. "That massive oath ran straight into Liam on purpose" My mother hissed. Just hearing Liam's name I jumped from my seat and peered down over everyone else who had risen from their seats to get a better look.

My fury kicked back in when I saw Liam sprawled on the floor a look of anger wrote on his face. Standing over him was Brett who seemed to be growling down at him. I closed my eyes, taking deep breathes hoping that maybe my ears could tune into their convocation but there was no avail.

When you wish you had werewolf hearing.

The referee ran over, questioning both Brett and Liam before he ran off so the game could pick back up. Everyone wen back to their seats and my mother started going on about how Brett should be disqualified. I simply sat in a sulk with my head rested on my elbow.

The game came to a quick end and we lost leaving everyone really disappointed. I guess we shouldn't of been really, we did get pointers that we were going to lose since we basically didn't even score once.

I watched Liam return to the changing room, his face hard with agitation. Liam is just one of those people who don't like to lose at all. He will just have to suck it up and deal with it.

Having enough with being frozen outside on the Lacrosse pitch, my mother headed towards the car while I went into the school to wait for Liam. I managed to find my way down the twists of the corridor, but my chest felt hollow and empty.

Since I was alone, only with my thoughts I could only think to dwell on what was going on with myself. I leaned against the wall until I heard the doors of the changing room open and Liam's footsteps against the tiles.

I looked up only, to my surprise, to come face to face with a happy Liam Dunbar. It surprised me that he was happy after losing his Lacrosse match. I pushed myself off the wall and walked over to Liam pulling him into a hug and smelling his sweet scent as he engulfed me against his body.

"Why are you so happy?" I questioned, my voice muffled against his chest as I spoke. I guess he managed to hear me since he replied quickly, "I spoke to Brett and I realised how luck I am to have Scott as my Alpha. How luck I am to have someone who actually cares about us"

I felt a small smile tug on my lips, maybe Liam's defiance for Scott now will be at it's minimal. Even though I wasn't impressed with Brett's performance of body barging Liam to the ground I am slightly happy it managed to have a more positive effect on him.

"Also I realised how luck I am to have you" he placed a small kiss to my forehead as he snuggled his body back towards mine. We stayed like that for a few minutes until we were interrupted by a phone call from a frantic Lydia.

Then we realised- This wasn't all over yet.

****

Sorry this chapter is late. I was meant to get it up for Sunday but I didn't finish is all and I started college Monday.

Thank you again to everyone who is constantly supporting my story, by voting and commenting it really does mean everything to me you really like this story.

Thank you for reading

x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 1.5K 17
Isabelle Argent, still reeling from the loss of her sister, Allison, watches over Beacon Hills alongside her pack, who have been with her through evi...
521K 18.9K 59
HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT ME? "I said I love you, and I don't expect you to say it back...you love her, and that's okay" โ€ขโ€ขโ€ข After coming back from her s...
118K 1.9K 46
Werewolves. Luna Stilinski would always have a hard time grasping that the mythical creatures were real. Going into Freshman year knowing more than...