"Beauty and the Beast"

By bananabread

OK so this is the classic story written my way. Adam is cursed and is is searching for a way to break the spe... More

"Beauty and the Beast"
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Explanation of the 3rd POV
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 24

20.8K 690 65
By bananabread

I am so so so so sooooooo sssssooooooorrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy!!!!! I had it all ready to update on Christmas morning when my computer crashed and i lost it!!!! S belated Mery Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!! I only have the epilogue left which will sum things up cause i kinda left it hanging a bit. then i am done! lol i really like the ending of this!!!! oh and i reused some of my very first chapter in one part (with a few tweaks) ... see if you can catch it! NOw!!!!!!!! HEre you are!!!!!!!!!!!!\

Recap:   

Suddenly, a flash of light blinded Hope and when she looked again there stood a man, tall and proud, before her. He had shaggy black hair that hung in his eyes, a well built frame that bespoke a power all his own. His eyes were the best feature though. The swirling of black and blue creating a misty grey that pulled you into them, made you feel as if her were reading your very soul.

“Adam.”

Faith stood at the forest’s edge watching, waiting. The night had fallen and still, she did not move. The moon shone brightly above but a sense of despair had taken hold of the air in the Black Wood. She could sense it… It wrapped around her like the thick cloak she still had around her shoulders.

“Faith! Dear, come inside. It is cold out here.” Charity gently pulled on her arm. After Faith had left the house earlier, after slapping Martin, she had spoken to no one. She had sent Melanie back into the house without an answer to her. Ever since that moment Faith had not left the forest’s shadow. “Faith, it is dark. I do not know what has gotten into you but you are home now and there is nothing more to worry over.” Faith wanted to scoff at Charity’s tone. She spoke as if to sooth a baby.

“I will be in momentarily.” Faith replied tiredly. As she turned away, a sudden horror washed over her.  In that instant she knew, something atrocious had happened. She could feel it in her very bones, to her core. She walked woodenly into the house and to her room without a word. She would know nothing for certain until the morning. Either the Hunters came back… Or they did not…

Faith looked around her and saw only black. “Lewis?” She called for him but there was no answer. Fear gripped her heart. “NO! Hope!!!” She cried for her sister. There must be something that could be done! “You cannot take him from me!!!” She sobbed. A warm embrace encompassed her and Faith knew who it was.

“Lewis?” She spun on her heel and faced the broad chest of a man. She shyly looked up into eyes that shone like a stormy sea, both threatening and comforting. “Why can this not be real?” He offered her a kind smile.

“All will be well. I promise.”

The sun was almost at its highest peak when Faith woke up. Her heart clenched at the memory of her dream. If Victor and his Hunters come back then that will never be. He will never be human again… And if they do not then the Femme Fatale will think he has not yet changed… Is there no winning??? The loud din of ovation echoed through the village and Faith felt her heart stop.

Victor laughed and happily accepted the congratulations offered to him by all the Hunters. He tried his best to hide the overwhelming fear he felt at the disappearance of the Beast's body. The Hunters did not seem fazed by it and neither would he! The men that had raided the rest of the castle said that the ghosts plaguing the halls had chased them away. They were like the mists and no one could harm them. With that in mind, the Hunter's left the castle walls as soon as the Beast had died. They danced through the forest toward the Village in victory! 

Victor still wondered about Faith. She was not there... How was he ever to properly restore his name unless he saved her and she acclaimed him a hero??? Martin was no real loss to him. If anything it would send Melanie away faster and rid the town of that reminder. He had suffered too much to continue on this way. That was the purpose to the entire "Kill the Beast" mission of his. He could care less if the woods remained cursed. He wanted only to redeem his good name. Now that could happen, Faith or no.

It was mid-morning when the tired Hunters finally emerged into the village once again. A large crowd gathered with drinks in hand and loud cheers ringing through the air. "Tell us the story!" "Did you kill that awful creature?" "Glad to see you are still standing!" The comments being thrown his way made Victor belt out loud laughter and jump up onto a close by wagon so all could see him.

"We had not stepped one foot into the old ruin when the creature charged at us! He swiped and clawed but we were better! Not to say it was not a challenge but in the end that supposed Beast was no competition for me! He got in a good hit or two before I took the final stroke and drove my sword through his blackened heart! The thing even bleeds the very black tar it is made from!" With his story, hollers of agreement from the Hunters drifted up.

Victor’s eye caught on the brunette beauty in the back of the crowd. She was even more ravishing then before winter had set in. Only now she wore a gown of Royalty and held herself with power. To think, the two of them would be the envy of the country. She is the perfect trophy of all. Victor jumped down from the platform he was still on and, with a growing lust; he strode toward her with purpose.

"Faith!" Her furious eyes turned to him and he froze in the depths of blazing green. He slowly approached her, as if to guard against her fury, but nothing could do that at this moment.

"You are a horrid liar, Victor. I do not believe a word you said!" Her voice was frozen and distant. Victor had no reply as she swung around and marched away.

Faith walked away. Hearing him speak those words had crushed her slowly, tortuously. She refused to believe the ‘Lewis’ was dead. But she had seen the blood staining Victor and his sword. None of the men were dead of severely injured… Lewis would not have gone down without a fight…

“Faith?” Martin’s voice reached her. She kept her back to him, hoping to hide her tears. “I know this news will be hard for you to hear but it is what is best. He killed so many…”

“No! You want to believe he is horrible and evil but you know that is not true! How can you tell me it is for the best?!?! You did not know him!!!” With that she ran away, ran to the only safe place she had left. But no longer was it safe to her.

It was an evil place, but she had to get away. The tears wouldn’t stop flowing, she felt as if she were drowning in them. Pain and grief overwhelmed her. She paid no attention to where she was going, she only ran, ran away from her sadness and loneliness, ran away from the memories that plagued her, memories of her mother and sister, memories of ‘Lewis’ and all else she had dreamed of that was now lost to her.

            Why? This question nagged her. Why did they have to leave? I need them! Faith thought. Her breathing was shallow and labored. She slowed and looked around her. She missed the woods. She missed her spot where she felt safe. Only now, she knew that the beasts that lurk in the shadows will no longer stay away. Her ‘Lewis’ was no longer there to protect her.  Wrapping her cape closely to herself, she sobbed. What am I going to do? I can no longer stay here! I do not belong. The only place I do belong is now gone, empty, and desolate.

          Snap! A branch near by snapped and Faith jumped up.

          “Hello? Who is there?” She calls out into the shadows. She slowly stands and turns. She peeked into the shadows to see a man. He was hidden so she could not clearly see his face but something in her heart tugged at her.

            “Why is such a lovely lady so sad? Did you not hear the good news? The evil Beast is finally dead.” Those words are what sent Faith over the edge. She may not have known who this stranger was but she refused to listen to anymore slander on ‘Lewis’!

            “How dare you judge someone else when you know nothing but stories!!! Victor is the beast here!!!” She froze as the man finally stepped from the shadows. “How… No. This is not possible…” She took a timid step forward.

            “Faith.” She knew his voice; it had a way to soothe her no matter the situation. She knew those eyes; they had a way to comfort her distress. She knew that face, she had stared at it for hours wishing for this.

            “Lewis?” She knew her voice shook with tears. The man before her had scraggly black hair that fell in the way of his stormy eyes. He had a brutish build that would scare anyone with the power displayed but she knew better then to shy away. He would never do anything or allow anything to upset or harm her in any way.

            “No, not anymore. I once told you that I no longer had a name to go by, I was only a Beast.” He stepped closer to her, his eyes storming with an onslaught of emotion, just as she felt.

            “Do I finally get to know the man behind the Beast?” She asked softly. She had questioned her on this very subject many times before but he had always had the same reply, that side of him was long gone. So she had kept calling him Lewis. Now, she was finally going to learn who he truly was. But looking into those eyes, she already knew.  “Adam…” His eyes bore into hers and a smile quirked at his lips.

            “I was afraid you would run from me if you knew.” His voice was sullen and Faith finally closed the gap between them, running into his arms- the place she felt she most belonged.

            “What happened? Victor said…” She trailed off, not able to say the words. He was safe now, which is all that mattered.

            “Victor killed me. However, by that point, the Femme Fatale had decided that I had changed. She summoned me to her ‘lair’ and returned me to my true form. As promised, I am to have my kingdom returned to me.” Adam explained as he held Faith close. He pulled away to look into her eyes as he continued. “The only thing I am missing now is a Queen.” Faith’s breath left her body in a rush. Her head spun at the look glowing in his eyes. Love, pure and simple. A love she returned full heartedly. She belonged by his side, be it as a beast or a king.

            “A Queen?” She could not resist the opportunity to tease him. “Who would you have in mind for such a task? I mean no disrespect my King but being married to you would be a hardship all its own, much less adding the burden of a country on her shoulders.” Adam floundered for a moment before he caught the glint in her eye.

            “I have not yet decided milady. Perhaps you might have a suggestion?” He gripped her closer to himself and did not let her answer. Instead, his kiss demanded her acquiescence. She eagerly gave in, having wanted this moment for a long time now. “I suppose I have me answer,” Adam said after they broke away. Faith gave him a dazzling smile followed by yet another kiss, one that she put all her love and acceptance into. She was finally home.

            Victor had followed Faith into the forest once again. This seemed all too familiar but Victor was determined for a different outcome this time around. Her outburst earlier had left him stunned to say the least but once he recovered, he had marched right after her, determined to finally have the fiery woman under his spell. Just as her deluded sister is.

            “Victor!” I thought too soon, he reprimanded himself with a groan. He turned to see the haughty Patience slink up next to him. “Where are you off to? I was thinking we could celebrate your victory together…” She attempted to sound seductive but Victor was not the least bit interested. He finally had his challenge back and he was unwavering in his quest to have her.

            “My dear Patience, forgive me but my victory is not one I intend to share with you. I have a much more… lucrative treasure in mind.” He smirked at her astounded face. He could see tears well up but felt nothing but contempt for the pathetic excuse for a woman at his side.

            “But we are in love… I thought you wanted me,” she implored as she batted her lashes at him once more. He could not help but balk at her. So easily fooled…

          “I did want you. But now I found something better.” With that parting remark, he left her to cry herself a river in the forest and sought out his true target.

            “Victor.” Once again he turned at the sound of his name. Only this time he was not filled with disappointment. The beautiful green-eyed temptress stood before him. He was drawn to her, nut there was something off. She looked as if she glowed. “Why are you so heartless? How many women have you ruined with the promise of forever only to dismiss them the next moment?” Her voice held a whimsical note to it and sounded almost… magical.

            “Faith, I am not heartless. You are my heart. I have not been able to keep my promises to the others because they were not you. Come home with me. Let us celebrate my great victory together and then I promise to prove to you how much you mean to me. You are the only one I want to spend my life with.” She let out a thundering laugh at his confession. He was bewildered by her behavior. What did she find so amusing about his speech?

            “You are truly gifted with words. But I wonder… Without your handsome face and family’s money, could you still beguile women?” Victor was baffled by her reply. What was she meaning by this? “You have slain one beast but there is one living inside of yourself. Until you have eliminated that one as well, you will be cursed to live as the foul monster you are inside.” Victor stood rooted to the spot as the woman before him began to radiate power and an ancient dialect rolled from her tongue, as if singing a lullaby. Such beautiful words brought with them such a terrible curse as Victor was turned into the very creature he so despised. A Beast to once again stalk the Black Woods.

And there you are!!!!!!!! Comment and vote!!!! and if you are REALLY nice then fan!!! lol let me know how you liked my revenge on Victor!!!!!!!! lol I thought it was pretty awesome personally.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

243K 4.5K 31
Meet Bella, The Daughter of Belle and Adam. Also known as Beauty and The Beast. Her and Her Brother have an Idea about giving the Children of Isle of...
4.2K 100 13
While they struggle to maintain their relationship in a divided world, they face the jealousy of Lute, who sees his connection with Adam threatened...
3.3K 109 10
Everything was going well in Arman's life when a strange text message from an unknown person changed his life forever. Will Arman know the true purpo...
308K 10.3K 15
Ella's always been a simple child. She didn't want anything other than a book in her hands and her brother by her side. When her brother finally figu...