His Girl// [h.s]

By writingsbyesmee

Trust is like a paper, once crumpled; it'll never be the same ever again. More

Prologue;
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27. (M)
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31. (M)
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33 (Mature Language)
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37. (M)
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49. (M)
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 53
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57. (M)
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65.
Final Chapter.
Epilogue. [Part One]
Epilogue [Part Two]

Chapter 52

78.8K 2.7K 1.4K
By writingsbyesmee

Charlotte's POV.

I didn't know where i was,

Who i was,

What time, day, year it was.

          I just felt numb, vulnerable. Like i'd been walking around looking for a way out and i couldn't find it. I'd often think i was awake, i'd hear people talking, moving, laughing, coughing.  

I'd sometimes hear just silence. You think you can't hear silence until you beg to hear a noise.

            I'd sometimes hear Milo's voice, i'd try to move, or at least talk to him - let him know mummy is okay. But it was all internal. I could never reach out to him.      

And it hurt me.

It hurt me more the fact that i couldn't speak more than the pain in my stomach.

But today,

Today was different.

I felt my eyes moving, i heard a gasp, a couple gasps in fact. I heard rushing and voices, they didn't make any sense to me. I found myself pushing for my eyes to open.

And somehow, they did.

I blinked away the lights, my eyes watering from the sudden brightness but i didn't care - i could open my eyes.

I heard a doctor rush in and straight to my side.

  "Hello Charlotte how are you feeling?"

I lifted my arm, my hand forming into the shape of a thumbs up, i could move! I next twitched my legs - yep they could move too.

  "Good, i'm glad you're awake now."

I couldn't seem to find my voice.

I felt my bed rising, my back arching slightly. Once i was sat up i looked over to see Milo in Harry's arms.

    When did that happen? Where's Luke?!

"Milo," I cried.

  "Mummy!" He jumped out of Harry's grip and was soon beside me.

  "Careful," Harry spoke. "Mummy's in a little pain."

I gulped, it was so good to hear his voice - i was just so confused.

  "Now," The doctor started. "I'm glad you're awake, but it doesn't mean you're out of the woods."

  "Come on Milo, let's go find some cake or biscuits?" Harry smiled.

I smiled at him in appreciation, i didn't want Milo to listen to what the doctor was going to say. Once the pair had left i turned back to the doctor.

  "You suffered from a bullet wound. You're lucky it wasn't very deep, but it still caused minor injury and internal bleeding. The surgeon luckily stopped it and you were then induced into a coma so you couldn't feel the pain."

"How long have i been in a coma?" I asked hoarsely, my hand shot to my lips once i realised that i'd just spoken for the first time in who knows how long.

  "5 weeks Miss Orchid. We expected longer, but you recovered quicker. The bullet was removed, and like i said the internal bleeding was stopped, but that doesn't mean there isn't any damage left."

I frowned. "What do you mean?"

  "The bullet hit near your womb, it is believed that you may not be able to have any more children. We can't say for sure, but, unfortunately it is more than likely you may have trouble conceiving in the future."

I felt myself begin to cry. "I can never have children?" I whispered letting it sink in.

  "We can't say for certain-"

"But you did - you just said -you just-"

  "There are plenty of options for when you do want to have children, but at the moment we focus on getting you back into recovery and back to your normal self." With that he wrote down on a clipboard and left the room.

About half an hour later, Harry came in alone.

"Milo?!" I exclaimed.

He came to my side and took my hand. "He's with Emelia, she's taken him to hers to get some food."

I nodded laying back. "I'm so confused." I then looked to Harry, into his eyes. "Tell me everything Harry,where's Luke? What about my job?"

He sighed, scratching the back of his neck. "Luke.. left."

I frowned. "Left? What do you mean he left, he can't have left he-"

  "He got a job offer, in Italy. He couldn't turn it down. He told me to tell you he loves you and that as soon as he can; he'll come back to visit."

          My heart sank. Luke left?

"So what about Milo, where has he been?" I asked wiping the tears.

   "It was difficult to sort out, Emelia gave me the keys to your place and i packed his bags and had him live with me."

"For five weeks?"

He nodded.

 "You've looked after him.. this whole time, but your job and the boys and-"

  "Don't worry about it, he gets on well with Lux, they play together and whenever we're performing or doing something not very exciting he hangs with her."

It wa so difficult for me to process everything, it was so hard to get my head around all of this.

"Thank you so much."

  "I'm his dad, it's what i was meant to do." He shrugged nonchalantly.

"It takes a boy to be a dad, but a man to be a father."

Harry blushed slightly. "I love him. We've created such a great bond now, we have cupcake tuesday, and we basically buy 2 cupcakes each and eat them, them there's film friday where he chooses any film of his choice and we watch it in my cinema room with loads of sugar."

I smiled. I could imagine all of this happening. I could see them both laughing with icing on their faces from the cupcakes, and the both of them both falling asleep as they watch the film.

"I can't believe i've missed so much."

He took my hand again. The touch of his skin electrifying me. "Don't worry. He's been brilliant, he'd often ask about you. I'd just say you were having a long nap. So if he asks, you know what to say."

I nod. "Got it."

  "I'm glad you're here Char."

I smiled. "Me too." I tightened my hold on his hand a little. "I'm sorry about-"

  "No need for you to apologize for anything. If it's anyone who should be sorry it's me. I can't even put into words how sorry i am for everything."

"I think it's time we put everything in the past, especially now you're the worlds greatest dad."

We both laugh before the room fell silent.

"Where's your girlfriend?" I asked curiously.

Harry rolled his eyes. "Long gone."

"It wasn't because of.."

He shook his head. "I told her i had to focus on being with Milo, she didn't understand so we broke up."

I smiled a little. "Thank you."

  "What any father would do."

I nodded.

Harry's POV.

Once i picked Milo up from Emelia's he was ready for bed. As soon as we got home i gave him a bath, put him in his pyjamas and lay beside him.

           I remember the first time he came to my house. He thought i lived in a castle, he couldn't get over how big it was, but now he doesn't think twice about it, and has even started calling it home now.

  "Mummy okay?" He asked as he lay slowly drifting to sleep.

    We had the same thing every night, bath,pyjamas, bed. But he'd often talk to me before he fell to sleep, sometimes he'd ask me questions, or tell me about a friend of his, or sometimes he'd ask me to read him a bed time story. He hated if i left before he fell to sleep, i think not having his mum around has made him really insecure. Eventhough i am his dad, and he does trust me and feel safe i'm not his mum.

"Yes." I kissed his forehead. "Perfect."

  "She tumin' home?" He asked.

"Soon."

  "When?"

"I'm not sure when, but she will be."

  "Live here? With you and me?"

i gulped. "I-i'm not sure buddy."

He frowned. "But i want t'stay with you daddy."

I rubbed his head soothingly. "I'm not going anywhere."

  "I want t'stay here daddy."

I nodded. "I know."

  "Mummy likes cuptates. We can have cuptate tuesday with her. She only likes ones with red sprinkles though."

I smiled. "Red sprinkles, got it."

  "When can i see mummy?"

"Maybe tomorrow, or the day after. But for now, go to sleep." I spoke kissing his forehead again.

  "Okay daddy."

"Love you Milo."

He snuggled into me, his head resting on my chest, my arm around his entire body. "Love you daddy."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 124K 39
He was destined to be evil; it was in his blood. He was destined to kill; it was in his blood. But destiny takes a turn when he does the unexpected...
15.8K 2.1K 47
Sameer Maheshwari, CEO of Maheshwari Industries, living With his Nanu in Ahmadabad is a very charming, Lovable person. His three lifelines are Nanu...
1M 55.3K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
2.3M 35K 24
When Fawn moves from New York City to London, the last thing she expects is to meet the famous One Direction. She expects even less for them to becom...