Dusk Manor

By DiandraNpk

(COMPLETED STORY) {WATTYS #2018} Mythical creatures you only hear about them in story books and see in movies... More

Introduction
IMPORTANT!
Ch1: Marked
Ch2: Its Starting
Ch3: Dusk Manor
Ch4: Welcome
Ch5: Friends
Ch6: Discuss Not Avoid
Ch7: Learning Something New
Ch8: "I cant,"
Ch9: The Change
Ch10: The Change pt2
Ch11: First Hunt
Ch12: Carter Grey
Ch13: New Tutor
Ch14: Teach or Forgive
Ch15: The Talk
Ch16: Wolf Springs
Ch17: I Won't Lose Her
Ch18: Fighting For Love
Ch19: Truce?
Ch20: Him & I, Together Forever
Ch21: Locked In
Ch23: A Big Heart
Ch24: Closer To Prom
Ch25: Second Chance
Ch26: The Perfect Dress
Ch27: Dont Be Shy
Ch28: Prom!
Ch29: Vanished
Ch30: Broken Bones
COMING TO AN END!
Ch31: Pathetic Little Thing
Ch32: You're Dead
Ch33: Broken
Ch34: Changed
Ch35: I Love You No Matter What
SAD NEWS!
Ch36: Dark Places
Ch37: Goodbye
THANKYOUUU!
*EXTENDED SCENE*

Ch22: Help Needed

19 3 1
By DiandraNpk

-Denice's Pov- (unedited)

"Hey we need to talk and not just about all this I have some news of my own to tell you." I blurt out to the sad girl sitting next to me. Her eyes were puffy from all the crying before I came in, her body slouching it looked depressing to see. She sniffled into her sleeve locking her hands together and finally looked at me.

"What's that?" She choked.

"Shay, I know i haven't been around lately to help you out with you're weaknesses. I just been away with Carter a lot because I can't get enough of him. Wait that's not what I meant- it's just we both wanted to be together and we finally are, but at the same time I should've been aware of you and our friends. I love all of yous I realize I haven't been around and I'm sorry for that." I replied waiting for her to reply back. I put my head down to look at my feet quickly and look back at her.

"I understand that part Dee, but this hunting stuff. I can't do it. It gotten hard, I can't control my thirst, can't attack my opponent properly like I did before. This entire thing is hard and I'm so stressed out. Tobi can't even help me and I know he's trying his best." She cried out into her hands. I wrapped my arms around her and cradled her tightly letting her cries out.

"You just don't have enough confidence for yourself. We all have a weakness with this vampire stuff, I get it. But you're caring and brave isn't it that why you're here in the house of Alaric? You're a tracker for crying out loud that's an amazing gift to have. Don't let the weakness take over you're strong suits Shay, you're better than that." I say with confidence. She sighs shaking her head.

"I know but I just-" I cut her off before I hear another lecture of depression and self pity.

"No stop this. My sister isn't suppose to be self conscious. This is our first year of course it's gonna be hard for us, but you're going to be back on you're feet in no time. Come on." I say pulling her hand and dragging her out of the room.

"Dee where are you taking me, I don't want to go anywhere. I just need to be locked in the room." She begged. Attempting to move my fingers from the hold but I held on tightly. I was dragging her out to the field where Jake, Ray & Tobi stood awaiting for our arrival. Shay looked ahead moving her head to the side to see them standing in different clothing. Ray was holding a whistle and stop watch, Jake had pylons in his hands and for Tobi he was the help to this. We walk up to them when I signal Jake to go place the pylons and Ray to prop up.

"What are you guys doing?" Shay questioned once I let her go.

"Denice insisted on getting you to where you needed to be with the help of these props here." Tobi mentioned when i nod.

"Jake over there is placing pylons where you will be running too, just like our first vamp class with mr fitz, Ray over here well be timing you for each set you do. So Tobi here is sacrificing his pretty face to be torn by you." I tease making Tobi chuckle. Shay didn't laugh though she just sighed.

"Do you actually think this is going to work out? If they can't do it why do you think you will."

Ouch.

"I'm you're sister that's why, I'm going to push you until you're feet bleed, you're hands feel numb, and legs feel like jello. Now take you're Mark. Tobi go to Jake." I instructed. Tobi ran across the field and Shay and I walked towards Ray.

"Okay Shay, focus on Tobi and imagine him being an outsider. An enemy. Say he hurt mom and he tortured her brutally. Kept her hostage. You want him dead, to destroy him. So you want to attack him with full force and not hold back." I whispered into her ear when she bump down to take her stand. I signal Ray to start the watch when I yell 'go'. Shay took off running down the field towards Tobi and jumped at him taking him down brutally. We all laughed at the scene with Tobi helped Shay up.

"Wasn't that hard but you gotta try harder Shay." I yell out.

"I didn't want to hurt him, I can't do it against him." She yelled back. I wave them back over when they ran back towards us.

"Okay I figured you would say that, and this is why I had a plan b." I say. I whistle loudly when Carter, Wren & Cade walked out of the treeline heading towards us. Of coarse they had to be shirtless and in dark jeans it was there thing. Wren was holding a duffle bag which had the stuff that we needed. Once they reached us Carter wrapped his arm around me kissing me on the cheek.

"Hey Hastings," he whispered against my cheek.

"Grey," I tease playfully pushing him back.

"Okay these guys are here to help us out with you. I figured you would hurt them other than you're lover and friends." I say when Shay looked at me.

"What kind of help?"

"Wren?" I look over at him.

"You see vampire and werewolfs were once enemies. You learned all about it in class I'm guessing so I don't want to repeat. So Cade, Carter and I will be a team, and you, Ray and you're sister here will be one. We will fight until one team is down. To make you stronger and be more aggressive." He blurted, when Carter and Cade walked next to him.

"This will help you in the real world for you're speed and strength." Cade added.

"Don't be afraid to hurt us, we can easily handle pain like nothing it would affect us." Carter teased looking right at me. I smirked shaking my head biting my lip. His eyes didn't look anywhere but at me.

"Okay, what's in the bag?" She asked.

"That's for later if this fails." Wren replied handing the bag to Jake.

"Well guys, take you're sides. There will be no biting, tearing, or any sort of near death shit happening." Tobi says when we all walk away.

"Hastings?" Carter yelled out. Me and Shay look back when he started pointing at me. Shay then shrugged it off and continued walking with Ray when I look at him,

"You're going down," he smiled.

"Bring it on baby," I say licking my lips and running off. I heard him chuckle and ran off to the other side.

"Ray, don't be gentle with me okay? Because I won't." Cade teased running his hand in his hair.

"Dee, why is he here. I don't want nothing to do with him he's annoying." Ray harshly whispered at me.

"Take it for the team, he likes you. Plus this is to help Shay gain her strength back." I reply looking at her.

"I hope this works, Dee. I mean you know I don't like hurting people." She whispered.

"It's okay, they won't get hurt they asked for it and we will take it. Just attack the person that's coming straight to you until they can't handle it anymore. You will gain a lot of strength by this. You'll be stronger than you are now." I encourage rubbing her arm.

"Thanks. This means a lot." She replied smiling.

"Okay ladies, you ready?" Tobi yelled. I look over at them and see Jake sitting down on the sidelines, and Tobi standing beside him with the bag next to him. We all nod when he asked the same thing to the guys.

"Damn rights!" Cade yelled looking directly at Ray. She shakes her head taking her stance. I heard her sigh making me laugh.

"Don't be scared baby," I whispered lightly knowing Carter heard me because he looked up at me from across the field.

"GO!" Tobi yelled.

We all started running at each other when I heard Tobi whispered to Jake,

"I hope they don't hurt my girl or else." Making Jake laugh.

Suddenly I felt arms around me picking me up and throwing me in the air when I wrap my legs around Carters neck throwing him over me landing on his back hard. I heard Jake laugh knowing I did that to him in class one time. I look over and see Shay attacking Wren kicking him into the air and for Ray, she was on the ground with Cade on top her. This was fun. We kept throwing each other all over the field, taking turns attacking one other when I drop kicked Wren heading his head on the ground.

"Better start running vamp," he teased getting up when I started running away laughing with him chasing me from behind. Carter was being chased by Ray and Shay was chasing Cade when he ran in feared.

"Is she always looking like this," Cade yelled making all of us laugh. I don't know how long we were running around, attacking but it made Shay laugh and more powerful. I stop in the middle of the field when I signal Tobi and Jake to join in. The wolfs were suddenly beating us so we needed back up. This was all fun and games when suddenly Tobi changed sides joining the wolfs.

"Aye, we got a vamp on our team." Wren chuckled hitting Tobis shoulder making him laugh. Then Tobi ran towards Shay as they playfully attacked each other, Cade and Ray were still fighting, Jake and Carter were going at it for a bit when Carter stopped to look at me. I knew this was gonna come. He slowly walked over to me when Jake ran towards Wren and so on. I glared at him once he was close enough while the others around us fought.

"I think the ground misses you baby, you need to be there." He blurted earning a laugh from me.

"We'll try me, we will see who wins." I tease. He rans at me when I quickly jump over his head landing on my feet behind him when I see him slide across the light snow.

"What's wrong baby, you embarrassed," I smirked. He gets up and runs at me again when I ran towards him jumping into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist attacking him with a deep kiss. I felt him suddenly loose his balance when he falls forward making me land on my back harshly earning a groan from me.

"I'm sorry baby, I didn't-" he laughed in between his sentence trying to complete his sentence.

"My back," I whine laughing as well.

"I'm sorry, kiss me." He says, grinning as he cupped my neck biting on my bottom lip as I wrap my arms around his bare torso to kiss him.

...

It was now night time, and me, ray an Shay were sitting in our room, talking about today's events.

"You guys never showed me what was in the bag," Shay asked.

Ray was sitting on my bed with me while I braided her hair.

"It was just props that Wren had that he said would help you with feeding and to control you're thirst, but there's always tomorrow. Today you needed to gain a lot of strength." I replied.

"Well my feet have blisters, legs feel like jello and my arms, oh my god, I feel like they're about to fall off." She laughed laying her head on her pillow.

"But this really helped me out. I feel like I can do this now. Thanks Dee, this really means a lot." She added smiling at me. I welcomed her when Ray suddenly said,

"I actually enjoyed that. Those wolfs are pretty damn strong oh god, i was so angry at Cade he kept pushing me down I couldn't stand up." Ray said when I see Shay look at me.

"I thought you don't like him?" I asked trying hard not to laugh.

"I don't he's so annoying, he kept saying all these compliments, he's trying to hard. I feel like he's a leach on me and I can't get it off."

We all started laughing at the funny analogy.

"So Dee, what's the news that you wanted to share with me earlier?" Shay asked reminding me.

"Oh that can wait," I say finishing rays hair.

"No tell me now, it's been bugging me." She sits up on her bed and crosses her legs. Ray turned to face me with a confusion look. I lean my head against the head board and look at both girls.

"Carters dad is the principle at Wolf Springs High, and he's throwing this prom dance. Well Carter says it's not prom but it's prom." I laugh. The girls started smiling when I raise my finger up signalling them to wait until I'm done.

"And me and Carter are the reason why they're throwing it because they are honouring us for calling a truce for us vamps and then werewolfs. Just a celebration I guess." I continued.

"But, it's only for werewolfs and me so far. So I mentioned this to Carter and said why not combine both schools for this. 50/50 to gather this all up, to plan this together and to make it better. This can be a celebration for us fledglings as well, a graduation dance for the graduates this year, we can all be wearing beautiful dresses and our men wearing tuxes. How does that sound?" I finally say when the girls got up all excited.

"That sounds so amazing, oh my god, that's such a good idea." Ray blurted.

"No kidding, did you talk to mom yet? When is this dance?" Shay asked.

"Well I didn't talk to her yet, and this dance is in 2 weeks on Valentine's Day." I replied.

"We can talk to her together, all three of us even. Oh my god and then Ray can go with Cade, I can go with Tobi, you and Carter, this sounds so fun." Shay blurted getting up to run over to me.

"Hey hey, I'm not going with Cade. You're crazy I'll just go with Jake." Ray corrected.

"But Ray, Cade really likes you. And Jake is you're ex that would be weird." Shay says looking at Ray.

"I don't know, that guy is annoying." Ray said not saying anything else me and Shay stayed quiet. We didn't want to push her buttons more. But Shay and I both knew they were gonna end up at that dance together if mom decides to let us combine or join it I mean. Shay than got up from the bed and started to pull over her jackets and boots.

"Where are you going? It's 10pm?" Ray asked.

"To see Tobi," she slurred looking at me.

"Yeah I should go see Carter too, he must be waiting. Sorry Ray I hope you understand." I apologized rubbing her arm. 

"It's fine, I'm gonna go shower anyways. Thanks for braiding my hair I'll see you guys tomorrow in class," she replied and gets up heading to the door.

"Ray it's only gonna be Sunday tomorrow." I corrected while I pull over Carters sweater.

"My bad, yeah. I forgot. See yous then. Have fun." And that was that she left without saying goodnight. Now I feel bad.

"I feel so bad for her," Shay says like as if she read my mind. I guess that was twins had. Exact minds.

"Same, but I promised Carter I was gonna see him tonight. I told her that,"

"Same here. Oh well I'll talk to her tomorrow. Are you coming back to the room later?" She asked before she walked out the room.

"I'll try, if not I'll come find you tomorrow afternoon. Have a goodnight love you." I say shutting off the bedroom light and jumped out the window. I hear our bedroom door shut and lock and wait to see Shay run out of the building. I see her run down the pathway towards the manor when I turn my back seeing Carter stand against the tree.

"You're late. You know what that means?" He smirked.

"Not really," I whispered walking towards him.

"I can't do this anymore," he whispers towards me once I was a foot away from him. I see his eyes soften when I started to smile.

"Fine Carter, whatever." I glared when he pulled me into his hard chest stealing a kiss from me.

"What I'm I gonna do with you?" He asked, a small frown marring his forehead.

Love me forever. Just kiss me. I thought,

As if he saw the pleading in his eyes he nodded. "If you are the moon, I am the stars. There are millions of me across the sky." He smiled, "you won't be able to escape anywhere because you are surrounded by me." He whispered
cupping my face in his large hands and kissed me so softly.

Oh, Carter. I thought before kissing him back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 8.6K 55
Five Star Reviews for Atlantis Academy: "Omg this book was amazing I couldn't put it down or stop reading. I carried it with me open on my phone whil...
196K 8.7K 43
When no one talks to you anymore or even sees you, you wonder, what's the point? I could move after high school, I could start over, but it wouldn't...
23.8K 794 55
2nd book to "You Make it Possible" My eyes quickly scan the yard hoping to meet eyes with who I know for a fact is my mate. I could feel my wolf insi...
1.8K 112 18
I was different; I was special. That was one thing that my mother and father had told me as I was growing up. They told me that they were proud of my...