The Alpha Saved Me (Editing A...

By ChocoholicLover

Sometimes life doesn't go as planned. At times, you get dragged down to the deepest pits of your mind, the un... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 (Pic Of Blake)
Chapter 2 (Pic Of Alexis)
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 (Pic Of Isabella)
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue
Acknowledgments

Chapter 13

24.6K 524 63
By ChocoholicLover

Recap :

Blood rushed to my cheeks once I finished saying that, I was bright red. 

I couldn’t believe I just said that. I covered my face with my hands, I could hear Alexis laughing her a*s off at my expense. Once she calmed down, she took my hands and said, ‘“Don’t worry, I’m sure you’re not the only one who thinks that.” My blush immediately faded and my eyes narrowed in anger. 

“What!” I snarled. Her eyes widened with surprise, before understanding replaced them. “No, no that was not what I meant!” I was too surprised by my actions, before I scolded myself.

I had no right to act like his jealous girlfriend, when I wasn’t even his girlfriend. I didn’t realise I had spoken out loud until I heard Alexis mutter, “Oh, you soon will be.”

Before I could question her, the teacher started talking, leaving me no room to ask her about it.

Chapter 13 :

Alexis POV :

That talk I had with Isabella, brought back memories. Things that I had once known, but chosen to forget. I liked her, she would be good for Blake. She’s already made a few changes in him. He isn’t a man whore now, thank god. Mother was starting to get a bit worried.

But some things are better forgotten.

Because sometimes they just bring pain. It taught me a very valuable lesson. One that I would never forget. I hope Blake takes care of her, she’s hiding something.

Isabella’s fragile, too much of a hit would make her come crashing down. Hmm, I think I’m going to call her Izzy, Isabella’s too much of a mouthful.  I thought as I got into my car, and drove back home.

Isabella POV :

I was waiting outside the school earlier then usual as the teacher let us out early when I felt someone grab my hand and drag me towards the side of the school. I yelped, as pain shot through my back llike a wildfire when I tripped over a rock nearly falling headfirst onto the ground.

But luckily this mysterious stranger whoever he is, pulled my up before I could hit the ground. Who was this guy? He wasn’t facing me, so I couldn’t see his face.

My heartbeat quickened as I tried to pull my arm out of his grip but to no avail he just held on tighter.  Finally, he stopped and turned towards me. I gasped quietly, cursing in my head. I sighed, “What do you want Adam?” “I don’t like you with him.” “With who?” I replied.

“That Blake Rider.” He said, disgust clear in his voice.  My eyes narrowed, how dare he. I poked my finger at him saying, “Who I hang out with is none of your business!” He grabbed my hand pulling me into his chess roughly.

He squeezed me tight, crushing me towards him as I tried to struggle out of his grip. I felt like screaming in pain, but I didn’t or else he would’ve asked questions which answers I would not tell.

Tears filled my eyes, but I would not let them fall. I promised myself long ago, that I would shed no more tears for this man. “Everything you do is my business!” He hissed in my ear.

Before I could retort someone shout behind me. “Let go of her, Adam!” It was Blake! Adam let go of me causing me to stumble backwards before landing in Blake’s arms.

I pushed my self deeper in his arms, as his arms circled around me keeping me close. He wasn’t holding me so tight that it hurt, it was comfortable. I reveled myself in his familiar intoxicating smell. He gently pulled my out of his arms and pushed me behind him.

He said to me without taking his eyes off Adam. “Isabella, go to my car. I’ll be there soon. I have some things to say to Adam.” I pulled myself away from him and reluctantly headed towards Blake’s car to let the “big guys” talk about little me.

Blake POV :

As soon as Isabella was out of sight, I punched Adam in the face. He stumbled backwards, holding his nose. “I’ve wanted to do that for so long!” I said to myself, grinning. The wolf in me was wagging it’s tail happily.“You bast*rd.” He snarled at me. I just shrugged. I grabbed his shirt pulling him towards me.

“Now you listen here! I don’t want you going anywhere near Isabella, she’s mine!” I warned him. He chuckled slightly, “Not for long.” I growled, grabbing him and smashing him against the wall. I tried to control my anger before stepping away.

“I also have other things I need to discuss with you,  you’re trespassing my land.” I said. As I was Alpha, it was my job to talk to rogues or any shifter that passes through my land without permission in case they were any danger.

 “Sorry, didn’t know I had to go talk to the Alpha. Well since you’re here, I’ll tell you now. I’ll be staying here for a few weeks maybe 1 to 2 months.” He announced. I nodded, before walking away. Oh I wish I could ban him from my land, but that wouldn’t be proper as he actually hasn’t done anything.

But my face immediately brightened and a smile went on when I looked upon my mate’s face. I gulped, but it looks as if she isn’t that happy to see me. I thought as I saw a scowl on that beautiful face of hers.

Isabella POV :

My mood brightened when I saw Blake striding out of the alley but I tried to hide it and painted a scowl on my face. When he got close enough I wacked his chest.

"Finished your talk have you?” I grumbled. He laughed, “Why yes, my lady.” He answered bowing dramatically.

I couldn’t help but smile no matter how hard I tried. I groaned, why is it I just couldn’t stay mad at him.

“Come on, let’s go before we’re any later.” He told me. We got into the car, and drove off. I looked out the window and realised we were close to the forest. “Do you live in the forest?” I questioned. He scratched his head sheepishly, “Yeah, do you mind?”

“No, no it’s fine. I love nature.” He seemed relieved. “Good, very good. So, what animal do you like?” Hmm, that’s a hard question. I would say ... “Wolves.” He seemed surprised and pleased at the same time.

“Really? Me too!” He stated. “You’re not just saying that cause I said it are you?” He shook his head, “No, it’s the truth. The car pulled into a large house, it was amazing! Far better then the dump I live in. There was forests surrounding it, making it seem like those houses you see in movies.

We got off the car and headed towards his house. By now the pain in my back was gone which was very good for me. He opened the door when a beautiful lady who looked around a bit older then 35 came by.

“Why hello, who is this Blake?” She asked seeming a bit concerned?

Blake seemed a bit flustered. “Um, Isabella can you go to my room first and I’ll meet you there. Oh sorry I forgot you didn’t know, just go up the stairs it’s the second door on the left.”  I nodded before doing as he said.

Blake POV :

I dragged mother to the kitchen in case Isabella could hear what she was about to say. “So who is she? Another one of your sluts?” mother said bitterly.

I knew my mom was getting sick of me man whoring so I’m sure this news would cheer her up plus she always wanted me to find my mate.

“She’s my mate.” I said happily, thinking of her. My mom started practically bouncing up and down. “Why didn’t you tell me sooner!” She more or less screamed. “Cause I knew you’d act like that, now I have a mate to get to.” I replied.

~ ~

Isabella POV :

We were just done our drawing of the music room, which we had chosen. There were many different instruments and a few microphones to sing. Suddenly I got a call from my phone. I stared at it, damn it was father. “Hello?” I asked.

“You stupid bitch! Get home right now!” He shouted through the phone. “I can’t, Dad. I’m with someone.” I whispered. “You whore, get here right now!” I whimpered, “Alright.” I hanged up the phone, and turned towards Blake.

“I have to get home, my dad needs my help in something.” I lied. He eyed me sceptically but led me downstairs towards the door towards the door but before we could go outside, Blake’s mom popped up in front of us. “Are you leaving so soon?” She asked. “Yeah.” I said.

“Oh,” She pouted.

“Alright mother, we have to go now.” Blake said.

He managed to dodge past her and pulled me along with him towards the car. “Bye Mom!“ He shouted to her. We got into the car, and drove to the address I had told him which was my house.

During the ride, I thought of what would happen when I got home. I was scared, what would he do to me. I had a sinking feeling in my gut that this time it would be different and not in the good way. He usually didn’t call me when he knew I was busy. I had left a message for him when I called him during lunch.

Soon we pulled up at the pavement in front of my house. I gulped, I wanted to stay here with Blake. But I had to face it. I pushed open the door and got out.

Blake looked worried but I decided to ignore it. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves and walked towards the door and opened it, l gave one last glance at Blake before entering and shutting the door behind me.

Blake POV :

I focused on the road in front of me as I drove the car but I could smell her fear. What was she so afraid about? From what I could hear I knew it was her dad that called her but she had lied when she said he needed her help. But I don’t get it it’s just her dad and yet she sounded so afraid when she talked to him.

I pulled to a stop in front of her house and watched her make her way out the car and in the house. Something felt wrong, something very bad is going to happen.

Maybe I should be a bit closer. I got out and was walking towards the house when I heard a scream.

It was Isabella’s.

I ran towards the house, nearly smashing the door down. The screams, and whimpers were slowly stopping making me panic even more and I headed towards the kitchen. I entered and couldn’t help the dark growl that came out.

Isabella was sprawled on the floor unconscious, her jeans ripped down with a guy on top of her going to rip her underwear off. Her shirt was lifted up showing bruises all along her ribs. Why hadn’t I noticed? She must have been so used to hiding them. Blood was pouring out the cut in her head. Red filled my vision as I saw him.

My whole body started shuddering and I jumped for him shifting in mid-air.

He looked up as I did and too shifted into a dark brown coloured wolf. My wolf was a midnight black colour with bright grey eyes.

I aimed for his throat but he dodged, I landed and bared me teeth at him growling furiously. We went for each other tackling, biting, growling and I was doing anything I had to, to protect my mate. I was distracted when I heard Isabella let out a whimper causing me to focus on her.

He smashed into me causing me to fly and hit the cupboard. I got on back on my paws and we both charged at each other.

He was sent flying and when he got up I pounced and aimed for his throat catching it in my jaws and snapping his neck. I tossed his body and immediately went towards Isabella.

I contacted my Beta, and best friend Travis, through the pack link. 

Travis, I want you to get here now.

Alright, Alpha.

Take care of the body.

Whaaaa?

I didn’t bother answering as I knew he would understand what he got here. I shifted back, I knew by now that Mother probably already told the entire pack about Isabella being my mate. But it didn’t matter, I was going to soon anyway.

I quickly grabbed a pair of shorts I had seen around, and put them on. I picked Isabella up and carried her into the car.

She wasn’t waking up and I was worried. The bleeding was stopping, but only slightly. I was driving really fast because shifters have excellent senses so my eyesight was helping me not crash into any other cars.

I pulled in front of my house, grabbed Isabella and ran to the house. I burst in, shouting. “Get the pack doctor now!” I felt my heart breaking every second that went past.

Everyone started running around and I laid her down on the couch. I brushed her cheek, she looked so pale. “Where is he!” I shouted, so scared. I can’t lose her when I just found her.

The pack doctor walked in and went beside Isabella. He checked her, and I asked. “Is she alright?” “Her pulse is barely there, but she’ll be fine after I’m done.” I sighed in relief.

“Can you put her in the room for the injured.” I nodded, and picked her up carrying her there. “Would you like to change before coming back, I’ll be fine with her Alpha.” The doctor said who’s name was Lawrence Fletcher.

“No, I’m staying.” I said firmly as I put her down on the bed. I didn’t care how much blood got on me as long as she was fine. I stood by the side as I watched the doctor treat her. It was my fault, I should’ve convinced her to not go when I knew something wasn’t right. I couldn't say how much I self-loathed myself right now. 

Once the doctor was done and left the room, I took a chair and seated it by her bed. “You’ll be fine, the doctor said so didn’t he. It was my fault, all my fault.” I whispered to her holding her hand.

I could feel the tears building up but they didn’t fall. I felt so empty. And at that moment I knew I couldn't live without her. 

She had to be fine, she had to. For my sake and hers. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 58.9K 46
I’m a rogue, what can I say? Born into the Crescent Pack, my parents disowned me, convincing the Alpha to banish me from the pack. I don’t follow r...
404K 18.2K 32
Cecilia Rain is a wolf with the Gift of Nature, but her Gift is different than others. While most wolves can only access Nature, Social, Warrior or H...
2M 113K 96
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...