GOLDEN, luke hemmings

By greenscarves

"Luke, we're golden because we're alive." All rights reserved ©️ 2016 by modernarts More

PLAYLIST.
UPDATED SOUNDTRACK/PLAYLIST
BLURB. (+ cast)
I: THE SUBWAY STATION
II: KITKATS AND NICOTINE
III: SMILE
IV: WASTE THE NIGHT.
V: THE MORNING AFTER
VI: THE DOUBLE DATE
VII: PUT SOME CLOTHES ON
VIII: BARS AND CLUBS
IX: LATE NIGHTS IN MY CAR
X: HUGS ARE GOOD FOR THE SOUL
XI: PEOPLE DON'T COMPLETE PEOPLE
XII: I LOVE YOU'S
XIII: CIGARETTES & MILKSHAKES
XIV: EXTRA MINTY TOOTHPASTE
XVI: FLOWERS ARE THE WAY TO THE HEART
XVII: BLASHDKF
XVIII: OLD FACES
XIX: WOULD YOU LIE WITH ME
XX: THE HARSH TRUTH
XXI: VOICEMAILS
XXII: HAPPY HALLOWEEN YOU FILTHY ANIMALS.
XXIII: COOL KIDS
XXIV: BECAUSE I LOVE YOU
XXV: KISS IT BETTER
XXVI: REASONS WHY
XXVII: WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?
XXVIII: IS THAT A HICKEY?
XXIX: SHE LEFT YOU SOMETHING.
XXX: MISTAKES AND HEARTBREAK
XXXI: THE BEGINNING OF THE END
XXXII: DEJA VU
XXXIII: IF YOU DON'T KNOW
XXXIV: FROM THE OUTSIDE IN
XXXV: SIBLINGS CAN BE HELL
XXXVI: I THINK HE LIKES YOU
XXXVII: WE'RE BIG KIDS IN A GROWN UP WORLD
XXXVIII: AWKWARD SITUATIONS AND BAD ADDICTIONS
XXXIX: THE GANG BACK TOGETHER AGAIN
XL: A LETTER TO BURN
XLI: A GROOM ISN'T SUPPOSED TO SEE THE BRIDE IN HER WEDDING DRESS
XLII: PLUS ONE
XLIII: PARENTAL VISIT
XLIV: WAITING
XLV: ROAD TRIP
XLVI: GROUPCHAT(S)
XLVII: WINE AND CHOCOLATE
XLVIII: GOLDEN

XV: DEEP CONVERSATIONS

2.8K 119 120
By greenscarves

the whole playlist that i picked out is available on spotify! i'm @omfbands on there. and i won't always state which song is for which chapter, but if you listen to most of them, you'll get the idea on your own. i tried to attempt something in this chapter and it probably didn't work, but oh well, it's for humorous purposes

song for the chapter;
this by ed sheeran.

chapter fifteen; deep conversations

His hands gripped her hips, pulling her closer to him roughly, kissing her lustily as her hands tangled in his hair. He didn't break contact between them, his fingers grabbing at any source of her he could touch, only separating to get another breath of air. He needed more of her, desperately.

She pulled on his jeans and the loop of his belt, causing more friction between them, a moan slipping out of his mouth as he pulled her closer to him once more, wanting to execute any space that kept them apart. He grabbed her by her legs and she curled them around his waist, continuing to go at each other. This was a vicious cycle; they hungrily collided their lips, hands never leaving the other. She began to kiss his neck sloppily and he threw his head back.

"What?"

Luke eyes opened slowly at the interference. His breathing was heavy, heart hammering in his chest, confusion taking up a preeminent amount of space in his brain. He was in his room, but a second ago he wasn't. At least, not on the bed. He was standing up, just inches away from the door, lips locked with-

Oh no.

He had just had a sexual dream about Ava. His friend. The person who laid down a mere foot away from him. He didn't know what to awe at first: the dream or the fact that he miraculously managed to avoid getting a boner while he had said dream. He couldn't stop thinking about it; how his fingers wrapped around her body, how hers were tangled in the locks of his blonde hair-how much he enjoyed it. It had only been just a dream, but didn't dreams hide hidden messages in them? (So far, the only message Luke deciphered was the fact that he was probably excessively horny from lack of sex and all the like, and that he obviously targeted all that frustration onto Ava.) Whatever the reason for his dream was, it was slowly making him hot and bothered.

He felt like he needed a bath—in pure holy water.

"Are you okay? Or did you wake me up for no reason?" Ava asked sassily, voice raspy and hushed. The sudden eruption from her almost made Luke scream.

His eyes snapped to her, which didn't make his current situation any better. She was undeniably enticing, even when she appeared to be a total wreck. She looked glowing under the tiny stream of moonlight coming from in between the blinds of his windows. He didn't answer her question, mainly because he didn't know what she was talking about. So, he counteracted with his own inquiry.

"What?"

Ava rolled her eyes and fixed herself on the one of his pillows, leaning closer towards him. "You kept saying my name. You were practically moaning it by the time I woke up. Were you hurt or something?"

His cheeks flushed in embarrassment and he was thankful that there was barely any light in the room so that she couldn't see it and that she was, for the most part, a bit naive when it came to certain things (like moaning in one's sleep). If she knew that Luke had a highly sexual dream about her, she would never let him live it down, nor would she feel comfortable around him after finding out. He didn't know which was worse. He licked his lips and stayed speechless for a couple minutes. His mind was blank of any possible excuses.

"I don't remember, you took too long to wake up. You don't sound too tired, did you get much sleep?" He asked, changing the subject subtly, hoping she wouldn't see what he was trying to do. Good for him, she didn't.

Ava was fairly calmer and cheerier than previously with the whole Mom-Calling/Ava-Panicking problem, but it obviously still nagged at the back of her brain. She didn't know how to feel about the whole thing, but she then again that's how she was with a lot of other issues.

"Not really. I couldn't sleep that much. Too many things were on my mind," she said truthfully, staring up at the ceiling, unaware of Luke's stare that was latched onto her. "And your room is fascinating so I kept looking at everything."

Her sentence wiped out any thoughts that weren't platonic from Luke's mind. Albeit it was hard, due to how many they were and how strangely descriptive and specific each one seemed to be, but he managed to plainly focus on her problems instead of his own little ones. Again, it was a miracle he didn't get a boner yet. (Should he have been worried about that?)

"What are you thinking about?" He wondered, though he already had a feeling of what she was going to say.

"A lot of things. My parents, the phone call, how Becca is going to kick my ass tomorrow. You," she admitted, too sleep deprived to realize that she had let one word slip. She drastically didn't intend for Luke to know that he was, undoubtedly, what she thought about for long, frequent periods of time. Unfortunately, Luke heard her and it was too late to take it back.

"You think about me?" Luke was speaking more to himself than her, in a sense that he was so extraordinarily taken aback that he had resorted to repeating his thoughts aloud.

"Of course I do, why wouldn't I? You're one of the best friends I have ever had and you treat me better than anyone ever has. Plus, you help me out without thought and I love you for it. And you're cute so that's a bonus," she confessed, unable to stop.

Ava honestly didn't know where she was going with her statements. Once she admitted one thing, the rest spilled out like word-vomit, and it came out in huge doses. And it just so happens that after 3 AM, she tends to get exceptionally emotional. She was so going to regret this in the morning.

Luke, on the other hand, felt a smile grow on his face, and it was the type of smile that he put on when he was either immensely happy or highly flattered (in this case, it was both) where he placed his tongue slightly between his teeth and grinned real wide. That's when you knew he appreciated someone or something.

"Really? You think I'm cute?" He was ecstatic, like a little kid who had just gotten told that he was going to get bags of free candy. He rolled over timidly, so that he could drape his arm around her and end up with his head on her shoulder.

"That's seriously all you got from what I just told you," she yawled, letting out a laugh of disbelief, wanting to hit him upside the head (however, she didn't, because she shamelessly enjoyed his head on her shoulder, and it gave her a chance to feel taller). "But, yes, I do think you're cute, Luke."

"Well I just can't help my incredible good looks," he gloated in a joking manner, winking at her.

"I hate you, you know that," she remarked, shifting to her left so that Luke's head fell lower onto her collarbone rather than where it was originally. She ran her hands through his hair, twisting curls around her finger absentmindedly, not noticing that he had to bite his lip to hold back a suppressed moan.

He liked her playing with his hair. A lot.

"You're beautiful, you know that," he retaliated, the pads of his fingers drawing invisible circles onto her stomach. Part of her shirt (which was actually Luke's shirt, but he thought that she looked better in it than he did) rode up during the night and the skin of her torso was partially exposed, showing off the curves and chubbiness to her tummy.

When she didn't say anything, he continued to trace patterns into her skin, since she didn't seem to mind. He was currently drawing a heart, but Ava didn't know that.

"Do you really think that?" She asked him, taking the time to glance down at him distractedly brushing his forefingers over her stomach, "That I'm beautiful?"

"Yeah," he said back nonchalantly, finishing his heart drawing (LUKE ♡ AVA, it turned out to be), staring up at her when he was done. He stared at her a lot, she noticed, but she liked it. They held eye contact before he added, "But you were already beautiful before I told you so. Before anyone told you so."

"Thanks," she gleamed, feeling her cheeks heat up instantaneously.

"And, you can also kick ass, which is pretty damn cool. You're a fierce, independent woman who is a great best friend and I love you," he further complimented, quickly dashing up forward to give her a peck on the cheek. She only blushed harder.

That was the first time Luke actually made a real move, not counting the first night he had ever met Ava on the subway. It was a minor gesture, but it spoke volumes. It sounded pathetic, but that minute kiss took guts for him, mostly because he had to refrain from aiming for her lips and because of the numerous butterflies flying around in his stomach. Withal, it had been nearly the second time that he's said the words I love you to her and they always felt equally as special.

"I love you too, you loser. You know I think this is the first deep conversation we've ever had. Now we can be like those people on TV who sit up at 4 a.m and talk about love and heartbreak and the meaning of life," Ava suggested, smiling at him as he began to push himself upwards so that she could play with his hair some more.

"I happen to know everything about those three topics," Luke bragged, though his words rang true. He had known a lot about what she suggested, particularly heartache. "We should do this again sometime."

"That we should," Ava agreed, giggling as he purposely stuck his head near her neck so his hair would tickle her. She lightly pushed him away. "This is the start of something new."

"True. Though, I can't tell which song you're referencing to. It's either the one by Ed Sheeran or the one on the High School Musical soundtrack," he retorted at her cliché words, causing her to groan.

"Ugh, God! Luke, you couldn't have let me stop there? We could've had a moment like in the movies. A significant, life-altering moment," she complained, making Luke burst out into squeaks and gasps of laughter. "But you ruined it, you jerk!"

"Hey, now," he reasoned, defending himself as he tried to spit out the words through his snickering, "Every moment is significant and life altering when it's with you, babe."

He then wrapped his arms around for the umpteenth time this night (morning?) and tightened his grip, nuzzling her like a puppy. While the act was adorable, Ava was not amused (okay, maybe a little bit, but she couldn't tell him that).

"You're utterly ridiculous, I can't believe the universe got me landed with you," she responded, struggling to escape his bear-hug.

"You just told me you loved me a few minutes ago!" Luke protested, not caring that it was still early and he could wake up his roommates.

"I take it back! You suck!" She teased, turning her body in hopes that Luke's arms would eventually loosen and she could squirm out of his grip, but it was to no avail. He just copied whatever her body did and ended up on top of her, limbs sprawled out so that she couldn't move.

They were both uncontrollably laughing, despite the fact that they were pressed up against each other. They stayed like that for a while, their cachinnation dying down until it fully disappeared. Luke ensuingly and gradually found himself leaning in closer and closer to Ava's face, his focus flickering between her eyes and her lips, trying to read her expression. His lips nearly brushed against hers when-

"ACHOO!"

Ava sneezed loudly, startling Luke so much that he tumbled backwards and off of her body. She clapped her hands over her mouth to stop herself from roaring with laughter. In spite of what would've been originally a cute first kiss, the sneezing was just as funny. She didn't know if she had tried to make herself sneeze on purpose (was that even humanly possible?) or if it was a sign, but she was glad it happened. Her heart nearly fell out of her butt with Luke that close to her and she didn't know if she wanted him to kiss her or not.

Maybe it just wasn't right.

After all, she didn't even know if she liked Luke in that way-or if he liked her-and even if she did, or even if he liked her, she had too many things happening at once to have time for a relationship. They were friends-that'd be weird to move from one label to another. Perhaps the kiss was just in the spur of the moment and Luke hadn't intended for it to happen. Besides, she loved the friendship she had with Luke, and it would kill her if it was awkward all of a sudden. She'd rather have him one way than lose him another.

Fortunately, Luke didn't find it awkward nor was he upset. Disappointed, yes, but not upset. He too began to break out into merriment, clutching his stomach and snorting as the two of them laid down next to each other again. There was no tension between them like one would expect-honestly, who acts casual after almost kissing?-but they soon forgot about the whole thing. It was a good thing that they had the ability to laugh with each other and communicate because that's what made them such good friends. They could talk to each other and laugh it out, rather than stress over each other and ignore the other.

That's what made their friendship healthy.

"I cannot believe you just did that," Luke announced, giving her a disapproving nod.

"It's not like I did it on purpose, Luke. You shouldn't have been so close to my face," she voiced, pointing out a good reason.

"Oh, puh-lease. Admit it, you liked being that close to me," he accused arrogantly, putting it out there firmly. He knew he shouldn't have said that, it was definitely pushing the topic of what friends should be talking about, but he just had to blurt it out.

"Maybe, maybe not," she trailed off, toying with Luke. But, really, she didn't know if she liked it either. She yawned, "That's enough banter for one night, all your talking made me tired. I'm pooped. Goodnight, Luke."

He sighed, wishing that their conversation wasn't that short, but he knew how important sleeping was. He nodded and allowed himself to hold her body close to his, and he felt his heart skip a beat when she shuffled closer to him. Holding her hand, he placed yet another peck of the lips onto her face, this time on her forehead.

"Goodnight, Aves."

•••

i honestly don't know what's going on with this story anymore like is it cute, is it problematic, who knows?! this chapter escalated quickly, like the beginning and then that almost kiss thing at the end. it's a mess.

/also, now i have to add accents when i wanna curse because wattpad hates me :) yay/

i wanted to express how easily they can be with each other and how they can just laugh with one another and be okay for a while because it's important that you have that with a partner or friend. does that make sense? hopefully.

this is pretty short, but it was kinda to move things along + it was really cute so there's that. luke and ava obviously have conflicted feelings for each other, the typical cliché skinny love concept, but a lot more happens so hang in there! they will go through a lot until they actually consider getting together. for now, they've accepted just being friends and although they're a lot closer than your usual best friends are, maybe friends is all they'll ever be.

furthermore, i just wanted to give you guys some hope of a luke and ava kissing scene because trust me, it's gonna take a while until they even think about kissing, let alone actually doing it.

update: i just finished rereading this and i'm laughing because i literally went "who the fućk calls themselves friends after they almost kissed and then afterwards continued to cuddle and hold hands lovingly" but i have a plan for this story and i can't have them confirming their feelings for each other just yet

anyways - questionnaire:

-do you think luke and ava will ever go canon?

-based off the playlist (if you've seen it), which song are you most scared for to come up during one of the chapters (because each song describes a chapter, so for example, if a song is sad, the chapter will be sad)?

-did you want luke and ava to kiss, or were you glad it didn't happen? why?

-who do you think will admit their feelings first in a future chapter?

-did you cry when ava sneezed and ruined everything

-WHAT DID YOU THINK OF LUKE'S DREAM (i was hysterically laughing while writing it)?

-predictions for future chapters?

now that's all! hope you liked my terrible writing. bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.2K 759 63
[𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃] 𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐳 𝐢𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐲𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩 𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥�...
101K 1.9K 45
Whoever you're mixing your drinks with, is dying to, go to town on you... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ He was wearing his usual uniform of black...
68.8K 1.7K 62
★彡 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐳𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐫𝐞...
80.8K 1.4K 42
"𝙄𝙩'𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚" [Highest rankings] 1# in everywhere 1# in Oned...