You Mean The World To Me (Zia...

By shimefuan

Niall has been working as a personal assistant to the lively, rambunctious boys of One Direction. But he has... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Author's Note v3
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68

Chapter 57

794 35 11
By shimefuan

Don't hate me :)

*****

It has been hours since the Blonde Wars, seeing his boyfriend got an aggressive side turns Zayn on more than he could expect. Usually, his boyfriend would stand on the side and bit his tongue but what he saw earlier was the total opposite. Not that he was explaining, it was refreshing to see another side from his boyfriend.

And now he missed him; he couldn't wait to spend more time with Niall now that everything is in the clear. No fake girlfriend wound him every single time. He has more plans for their future, staying together while pursuing his dream.

"Have you seen Niall?" Zayn snapped out of his thoughts when he heard a voice behind him. He turned around to see Louis staring at him with a questioning look. Now, that he realized he has not seen his adorable boyfriend in a while.

"Uh... no. Why?"

"Jeez, relax. I'm just askin'" Louis raised both of his hands in the air, not wanting for his question to be misinterpreted. He knew that Zayn was easily rattled when it comes to Niall. At first, Louis thought it was cute, but now it was beyond creepy.

"I'm gonna look for him!" Louis watched as his raven-haired lad disappeared from his sight before he could respond. "Aw, poor guy..." He shook his head, chuckling.

*****

Zayn was vigilant, actively looking for Niall. His heart thumped hard in his chest, scared that the thoughts running through his head were only his imagination. His feet shuffled, trying to find the missing half of his heart. Zayn asked for the entire staff, but no one could help until a guard gave him the right direction.

His blood boiled in rage to see Liam was talking to Niall. What made him angrier was that Liam was way too close to the blonde as if they were a real couple doing couple-y things in a dark corner of a room.

"Hey!" Zayn screamed, startling the two boys. "What's going on in here?" He didn't even let Niall respond as he pulled him abruptly that almost knocked the poor blonde out of his balance.

"What the hell, Zayn?!"

"Go to Louis! He's looking for you," he barked at his confused boyfriend, but he willed himself not to let this be an issue for them later on.

"Why are you acting so weird?"

"Just go!" Zayn raised his voice, pointing at the opposite direction, leading to the elevator. A piece of his heart broke in two when he saw a frown on Niall as he walked away. But as soon as the blonde was out of his sight, he turned abruptly at Liam who was startled to receive a glare from him.

"I did warn you, Liam!"

"Whoa! What are you talking about?" Liam asked, pushing Zayn gently off of him as the raven-haired lad grab him by the collar of his shirt.

"Fuckin' leave Niall alone!" Zayn growled, raising his right fist, ready to give a jab at his bandmate. "He is mine!"

"Seriously, Zayn, I really don't know what you're talking about," Liam raised his voice, trying to snap away from the misunderstanding between them. "Me and Niall are just talking."

"Yeah, right," Zayn scoffed. No way that he would believe they were just talking. After that what he had been through with Louis and the fake kiss, and with Perrie and the misguided video, and now this... "Then tell me what you two are talking about," he said, noticing the sudden change in Liam's body expression. Liam couldn't even look him straight in the eye, and that was definitely something suspicious.

"That's... uh..." Liam stuttered, shifting his body to show subtlety that he was unaffected whatever Zayn was accusing him of. He talked to Niall for a particular reason only, and it was only between them. No one can ever find out what his plans were.

"Uh-huh, that's what I thought," Zayn scoffed, leaving Liam pondering in the hallway.

*****

"Let's go!" Zayn spoke with an authoritative tone as soon as he entered the studio. Three pairs of eyes stared at him with a questioning look: Harry's, Louis', and Niall's.

"Go where?" Harry asked, detecting the hostility presence surrounding Zayn.

"I'm not talking to you," Zayn answered abrasively. Unfortunately, Louis didn't like this attitude coming from Zayn. It was arrogant.

"Then who are you talking to?" Louis dared to ask, controlling in his best ability not to snap at his bandmate.

"I'm talking to Niall," Zayn replied, staring intensely into those blue eyes. He convinced himself that it was his responsibility to protect the blonde at all costs no matter what—even if that means burning bridges that connect with his friends. He walked past Louis as Niall sat on the corner of the room. Zayn grabbed the blonde on the arm, pulling him up. "We have to go, Pumpkin..." He said, placing a gentle kiss on his boyfriend's cheeks, guiding him out of the room.

*****

"Is everything alright?" Niall questioned as they entered in the flat. Ever since they left the recording studio half-hour ago, he noticed that Zayn was quiet, not your ordinary quiet—like he was mad quiet. He wondered what could go wrong?

"Everything's fine," Zayn replied coldly, peeling off the jacket out of him, throwing it on the nearest couch. As for Niall, he didn't miss the dismissive presence from Zayn.

"Oh okay, but if there's somethi—" Niall cut-off his sentence when he heard his phone ringing. Without waiting for any second, he fished it out of pocket but was quite surprised to see a familiar name flashing on the LED screen.

Liam calling...

"Excuse me, I need to take this call."

At that moment, Zayn knew who was calling his boyfriend, and he didn't like it at all. Not one bit.

"Is that Liam?" He questioned; his voice seethed with controlled anger. When he didn't get any response from Niall, he tried peeling off the phone away from his boyfriend.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Niall raised his voice, stretching his left arm in the air as for Zayn not to get his phone. He tried pushing the raven-haired lad away from him, but his boyfriend was way too strong for him. Unfortunately, Zayn got the phone and answered it for him.

"Stop calling my boyfriend!" Zayn screamed his lungs out, throwing the phone on the wall. It created a crashing sound and the remaining pieces of the phone scattered on the floor.

"What the fuck?! That's my phone!" Niall cried, running after his broken phone on the floor. "I'm still paying for this phone in installment!"

"I'm gonna buy you a new one," Zayn said. "I'll get you an iPhone 6S."

"Really?" Niall squeaked with glee. Then, he realized that it was a mistake so he tried to wipe off the grin on his face, pulling a poker face. "That's not the point."

Zayn sighed. "Look, I'm sorry if I broke your phone, okay? I really didn't mean it," he apologized. He truly felt remorse for his erratic behavior. He went down on both of his knees, sitting next to his boyfriend and looked him directly in the eye. "I want you to listen to me, okay?"

Niall nodded, sensing the seriousness from his boyfriend.

"This might sound like a douche move, but I need you to understand."

"Understand what?" Niall asked. Confusion spread across his face, trying to decode the hidden meaning from the statement.

"I don't want you talking to Liam."

Niall blinked twice, unable to process those words. "Huh? What do you mean?"

"I'm not jealous or anything," Zayn shrugged off the fact that he was indeed jealous of Liam making a move on his boyfriend. It was totally inappropriate for his friend stabbing him in the back. "I don't trust him. He is planning something and I don't like it."

"Jealous? What?" Niall asked; his brows furrowed in bewilderment. "Zayn, you're not making any sense."

"I told you I'm not jealous of him!"

"Jealous of who? Liam?"

"I'm not!" Zayn snarled. "And I don't appreciate him touching you inappropriately."

"Liam did not touch me that way," Niall shook his head in disappointment. "Look, I don't know what your problem is, Zayn. After all that has happened, I would've expected more from you. Perrie almost cost us our relationship, and now you're doing this. I gotta say Zayn, I'm disappointed in you."

"I'm not starting anything, Liam does," Zayn reasoned out, but after a few moments, he understood what his boyfriend was coming from. They have been through a lot and picking a fight with Niall was not going to fix anything. It was his fear—the fear of losing that one person—that got to him.

"I'm sorry, okay?" Zayn frowned, making a puppy face that works wonder every single time. 

"Stop that," Niall said, trying to suck in by the Malik charm. "You do know that I can't say no every time you pull that charm on me."

 "I know, right," Zayn grinned. He was glad that everything was returning back to normal. "So, what were you two talking about?"

"Zayn..."

"I just wanna know, okay?" Zayn said. "I'm curious."

"Curious? Are you really?" Niall questioned, raising an eyebrow, crossing his arms over his chest. He knew that Zayn was nosy, as usual.

"Okay, I'm not," Zayn confessed. "I need to make sure that he's not going to steal you away from me."

Niall sighed. "Don't start..."

"I'm not."

Niall shook his head. "I can't believe what you're insinuating."

"And what would that be?"

"Can't you see it?"

"See what?" The tension was rising between them.

"That Liam is into you!"

"Wha—Can you even hear yourself?" Niall snarled. "Liam is not into me. He is a straight guy for God's sake!"

"Well so am I!" Zayn raised his voice. "And then you happen! I even got into a fight with my family, and it's because of you!"

Niall gasped. "And you're blaming this on me?" He realized what Zayn had said—that being with him was the biggest mistake that he had ever done.

"Yes—" Zayn replied way too soon, but when he realized that, it was too late. The damage has already been done. "Niall..."

Niall cannot believe what's happening at this moment. Now, he was starting to question every decision he had made ever since he got in a relationship with Zayn. Sadly, he has to admit that his feelings for the raven-haired lad clouded his mind. He should never listen to his heart after he had been through with Aiden, but his love for Zayn overpowered him, and that's why he had to risk everything for his heart, and unfortunately, it was broken for the second time.

"Niall... I didn—"

"If being with me is such a mistake to you, then you don't have to worry anymore," Niall said, trying his best to calm his voice down even though his heart was breaking into million pieces. "I'm letting you go."

"No! Niall, I'm sorry." Tears flow from his eyes down to his cheeks. He grabbed onto the blonde as if he was his lifeline. If begging and groveling were a requirement to fix the mess he had made, Zayn was more than happy to meet it. "I didn't mean it. I'm being stupid so please... don't leave me..."

Seeing Zayn down on his knees, his arms wrapped around on Niall's legs, pleading his case broke his heart into finer pieces. Niall doesn't want to see Zayn in this situation, but his mind has already been made up. He had to correct his mistake and make a decision that would be beneficial for him and for his life.

Niall crouched down to Zayn, peeling off the grip his boyfriend had on him. "Zayn, let go."

"No!" Zayn bellowed, deepening the grip even further. There's no way he would let go of his boyfriend's leg even if a bomb was to drop on them, he would never let go. "I promise. I'll be a better boyfriend! Just give me a chance."

"Don't make this harder than already it is," Niall said. "I just wish you've been honest with me from the start."

"I didn't mean it..." Zayn begged even though he was looking like a fool, but that doesn't matter to him anymore. His fear of losing Niall was turning into a reality, it was because of his stupid mouth. This was all his fault, no one to blame but himself. "I even got us a new place to live in. You remember that you want us a new place, and that's what I did. We can move in any time you want," he said, smiling, hoping it was enough for his boyfriend to forgive him.

"We're not moving in anymore."

"Please, Niall... I need you... more than you'll ever know."

"I'm sorry, Zayn," Niall shook his head, trying to hold himself together as much as he could. "I am not the one you need."

"Yes, you are," Zayn replied. "Just tell me what to do and I'll do it, no questions ask. I can't live my life without you."

"Trust me, Zayn, you can find someone else without making your family upset."

"Please, Niall..." Zayn asked for one more chance. "I can't do this without you."

"This is the end for us."

"No, it's not!"

"Zayn, I can't be with someone who thinks being with me is a mistake."

"Being with you is not a mistake," Zayn said. "Actually, it was the best decision I ever made."

"That's not what you said earlier."

"I am an idiot, I know that now," Zayn said with remorse in his voice. He would do anything to get his boyfriend's forgiveness no matter what it takes. "Let me fix this."

"I'm sorry, Zayn, but you can't fix something like this," Niall said; bitterness evident in his tone. "I never thought that you can hurt me like this."

Zayn groaned. "I already said 'I'm sorry.' How many times do I have to apologize?"

"Drop the attitude, it's not helping," Niall snapped, getting irritated at Zayn. "Don't put the blame on me that you had to pick a fight with your family."

"I know that. I didn't blame you. That was all on me."

"And I didn't turn you gay. You did that all by yourself!"

Zayn sighed, realizing that he has to swallow his entire pride. Niall is more important than everything else on this planet.

"I know... I'm sorry..." He apologized. "We can get past this, right?"

"I don't think we can."

"Wh-what?" Zayn blinked multiple times, wondering if his ears were playing tricks on him. "What do you mean?"

"I thought I can be okay with this, but I don't think I can..."

"No, Niall... Please..." Zayn pleaded for the last time. He doesn't think he could go on if Niall left him for good.

"I'm sorry, Zayn..." Niall moved abruptly that Zayn had to let go. He stood up and so was Zayn. "This is it for us."

"No, there has to be another way," Zayn felt his tears rolling down against his cheeks. "Just tell me what to do."

"Goodbye, Zayn..."

*****

With a heavy heart, Niall still pushed through the pain as he walked the busy streets of London with nowhere else to go, but he thought of one person that could help him with the grieving process. He thought that everything would be all right between him and Zayn, but never in his wildest dream that he thought that the relationship with his dream guy would be over just like that. It vanished into thin air as if it was nothing.

But before he could proceed any further, he decided to drop a call from his family. He went to the nearest payphone he could find and dropped the coin. It took a couple of seconds until he heard a ringing sound on the other line.

"Why weren't you answering your damn phone?!" He recognized the bossy sound of his older brother. Niall had to pull back the handheld phone away from his ear and stared at it.

 "I'm sorry, there's a problem with my phone," Niall said, trying to calm himself down. He cannot take anymore attitude after what he has been through. "What's wrong?" But then, he heard Greg sobbed that made him nervous—real nervous.

"You have to come home, Niall..."

"Why, what happen?" Niall felt his hand trembled in fear as his imaginations painted a vivid picture in his mind, and he didn't like that at all. He wondered if something happened to his parents.

"It's Theo..."

*****

Although this chapter is a little bit on the sad side, I hope you still enjoy reading it :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 41 41
Niall and Lizzie have been best friends as long as they can remember. In 2006 they started dating, still going strong Niall does the unthinkable and...
21.4K 626 27
Ziall- Zayn is the new kid at Niall's school. Zayn likes Niall and Niall likes Zayn as well. They soon get together and life couldn't get any better...
906K 14K 55
When two different worlds collide..
965 117 28