Alix

By TheMilotic

A bullied adolescent wrecks havoc on a small town after being pushed too far at his senior prom and it change... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 15

32 1 0
By TheMilotic

I woke up to a blue skinned woman with short red hair standing over me. She had those same frightening yellow eyes I had seen before I passed out. "Good, you're awake." She said stepping to the other side. My eyes adjusted to the sunlit room.

"Where am I?" I asked groggily.

"That's not important."

"Who are you?" I turned over to her catlike eyes. "Better yet what are you?"

"Like you don't know." she crept closer. "What are you?" She asked back mockingly.

"Why have you brought me here? What do you want?"

"I want to fix the past, to prevent the sentinels from ever being created."

"What are sentinels?" I asked before remembering the professor's short explanation of them.

"Robots, given a variety of mutant powers. They were created for one reason alone, to exterminate us. But going back in time, before the government acquired my DNA that allowed them to possess multiple abilities without being destroyed, would prevent them from ever being thought of. Throughout my many talents I can not perform time travel. But with a combination of certain powers, I have a theory." She crept closer to me. "What is it that you want?" She asked looking down at me as she transformed into Scott. I glared at her angrily. "Come on Alix, for me." She toyed with me, mimicking his voice perfectly.

"Stop it." I warned feeling Phoenix trying to take control of me.

"Don't you want to help me?" She asked stroking my cheek with his finger.

"I said stop that." The Phoenix hissed, feeling the emotions that I feel. I grabbed her arm and dug my nails into her skin as she reverted back to her blue pigmented form. As I stood up gravity intensified drastically causing the floor beneath us to crack from extreme weight.

"This is the power we need." She said as she failed to take a step back. Her feet were glued to the floor like tree roots implanted into the ground. The blue woman smiled with amusement at the Phoenix's display of power.

The Phoenix, frustrated at the unfazed mutant, raised my arms to resemble it's flaming wings. It's burning aura shined around me. The hanging metal lights creaked as they shook back and forth from the ceiling. One by one the lights crashed down denting the floor beneath them as if each one weighed a thousand pounds. The mutant looked around at the vibrating room in amazement. She shielded herself with a barely visible wall of energy. The Phoenix was aware it's efforts were futile and ceased the gravity alteration. The force of energy around the yellow eyed mutant disappeared.

"You can control space." She said impressed. "I've found two of the three mutant powers time travel requires.

"Where is Wolverine?" The Phoenix hissed.

"He's fine."

"I want to see him." I asked fading in and out of the Phoenix's consciousness.

"He's one of the mutants I need for this...experiment." She said as she walked away.

"If you don't give me what I want," she was held in place with her body tensed up. "I don't give you what you want." The Phoenix told her in it's intimidating tone.

Our mutant eyes met for a short moment. "Fine." She agreed and led me to a clearing in the nearby woods. Scott was strapped to a tree with blood stained around his forehead and mouth.

"What have you done to him?" I ran up to him.

"I had to make sure his regenerative properties were still intact as they used to be." She answered.

"You know him from the past?" I asked turning back to her.

"Of course. I was locked away in a cell as his procedure was taking place. After 'Weapon X' was created, he fled the facility. Understanding he was too powerful for them to control, they came to me. That's when they extracted my DNA to create sentinels to destroy him along with the rest of us. Afterwards they left me there to rot with no further use for me until I escaped on my own." She unchained him from the tree. "Go back and return to me the mutant with super speed. I know you know who i'm talking about. He is the last piece to this puzzle."

Scott P.O.V.

I returned back to the school trying to find David. If i were to go back in time, I could remember my past, maybe even fix it. I could stop the death of the professor and the birth of the Phoenix along with all of it's destruction.

I walked inside and saw David watching television. "Finally, where have you been man?" He asked me crushing an empty soda can.

"No time for that, I need your help with something, come with me." He agreed to come and zoomed us back to the mutant.

"Why are we here?" He asked as we arrived.

The blue mutant stepped towards us and said "to change both the past and future, before this one is destroyed." David squinted his eyes and looked unsure. "With your power to move so rapidly that time is slowed," she looked at David. "And your ability to distort space itself," she turned to Alix. "You can rip a hole in the space-time continuum." She explained. "Now, going back over a decade into the past is a highly dangerous process as the mind can only stretch so far before it's ripped apart." She faced me. "That is where you come in, healing yourself as you stretch your consciousness through the years of time."

"And what if this doesn't work?" Alix asked.

"There is a chance he can be killed anyway despite his instant regeneration, there is also a chance that the disturbance in the continuum can form a black hole and swallow the planet entirely."

She turned back to me reading my intentions. "You want to recollect your past, don't you?" She urged me.

"How do we even do this?" David asked after a moment.

"You will run in a circular motion around Wolverine at the speed of light while The Phoenix's telekinetic power intensifies into space distortion. The two overexerted forces will eventually collide and tear open the hole. Wolverine will have seconds to enter before you two must end the process to prevent the small tear from becoming a threatening black hole."

"Are you ready?" David asked.

"Be warned, once they bring you to the past, you can't be brought back." The blue woman stated.

I gazed into Alix's eyes one more time before they shifted to the darkness of the Phoenix. "I'll find you." I turned back to David. "I'm ready." He nodded and began running in a circle of constant speed. Whiplash ran around me becoming nothing but a blur. I could see Alix slowly taking the form of the Phoenix. The trees were being pulled to him in some kind of magnetic force.

"Good luck, Wolverine." The Phoenix said in a sincere tone. "Save our kind." He raised his arms and flew up along with the trees being ripped from their roots. The light radiating from Alix's body blinded me. I fell to my knees blurring in and out of consciousness. A distorted patch of energy appeared around me. The scenery faded away and turned into the walls of an unfamiliar room. I got up from the bed with a massive headache and noticed someone in the room with me. "Who are you?" I asked with my hand up to my head.

"Your brother, Victor." He replied. "Are you okay?"

"My...brother?" I turned to the nightstand beside me to see the picture of my younger self alongside an unfamiliar woman. She looked almost exactly like me. "Is this my mother?" I asked Victor holding the picture frame in my hands.

"Okay, now you're starting to worry me." Victor replied. I got up and looked in the mirror to see that I was my younger self. I was a child, not even a teenager. This must have been my old room. Admitting to Victor about my memory loss, he informed me all that he knew about our parents. His dad had married our mom a few months ago and Victor was my half brother. Screaming and glass shattering was heard outside the room.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"They're fighting again. My dad thinks our mom is still secretly seeing your dad behind his back." He explained.

After hearing a gunshot, I ran out to see what was happening. In a fury of possibly being cheated on, Victor's dad shot our mother.

It was under this grief-stricken moment that, in an act of vengeance, my mutation began to manifest as I sprouted bone claws, slowly emerging from my fists and knuckles for the first time. Like knives, my bones tore through my skin. I was screaming in pain.

In a wild rage, I screamed in anger and fury and impaled Victor's father in the chest using my newly sprung claws.

I looked at my mother one last time as she died on the floor beside me.

"Scott, what did you do?" Victor asked in shock and grief for his father.

"He killed our mom." I told him as the claws submerged back into my hands.

Victor looked at the two of them. "We have to go." He said grabbing a backpack. "Now."

With our parents now dead, terrified and panicking I fled through the woods with Victor right beside me. We came to a stop, out of breath. "Victor i'm sorry about what I did to your father." I said to him with sincerity.

"Don't worry about it, he was a shit father anyway." He looked around behind him and faced me again. "Scott, we're brothers now, we have to stick together and look after each other no matter what." I agreed and we continued to run.

...

Over the next six years, as the two of us grew into young men, in order to support ourselves, we worked as assassins using our mutant powers and got paid as mercenaries being responsible for numerous deaths as well as gaining personal pleasure of "letting the animal out of the cage". However, Victor grew increasingly violent and uncontrolled as time passed. We came to call ourselves "Wolverine" and "Sabretooth". While i was the one suppressing my more savage qualities, Sabretooth did the opposite and embraced them finding nothing more pleasurable than killing. Sabretooth had a variety of animal-like abilities such as retractable claw-like nails, hyper senses and a regenerative healing factor like my own.

During the last assassination Victor and I had participated in, Victor attacked and attempted to rape and kill a young Vietnamese woman for personal pleasure. I stopped him from doing so reminding him that this isn't what we signed up for. Other assassins were then sent for the two of us as well a commanding officer threatening to put Victor away for his crimes and abuse of power. Victor decapitated the senior officer and then brutally attacked the assassins who tried to stop him.

Remembering the vow we made to each other as children, to look after one another no matter what, I came to his aid and reluctantly assisted him. Releasing my claws and preparing to defend my brother, and fight alongside him, we revealed our gifts to the other men in our unit. For our grave disloyalty, this incident lead to the two of us being sentenced to death and placed in front of a firing squad to be executed after murdering a senior officer.

"Wake me when it's over." Victor joked with a snicker before we were shot by a firing squad. Due to both of our healing factors, we were left unmarked and alive, proving us too difficult for them to kill.

Surviving the execution and death sentence because of our unique regenerative abilities, we were placed in a cell soon after. We were eventually brought the attention of Colonel Major William Stryker, who visited and confronted us as he entered our cell. Stryker informed me that he was my father and he had been on the search for us for quite some time after hearing about our abilities. He asked the both of us to join his special team of mutants he was assembling called "Team X", as a way out of imprisonment. After inviting us to join his all-mutant specialized team, we accepted and joined other mutants we had recruited on top secret missions throughout the world.

While under Stryker's command, Team X was sent to search for and retrieve a mysterious meteorite, later discovered as Adamantium, from a diamond trafficking operation in Lagos, Nigeria. We attacked the coorperation there and after defeating their security forces, we obtained a mysterious rock, later discovered as a meteorite fragment that fell from the sky decades ago. After retrieving it from the frightened compound's leader, Stryker noticed the lack of English the man spoke. He ordered a bilingual member of the team to ask the leader where he had discovered the meteorite. He informed us that it was in a remote village in Africa.

Upon arriving at the village, Stryker and the team then interrogated nearby villagers to see if there were any other meteorites nearby the area.

When the team threatened the village as to where the meteorite came from, the village chief refused to tell Stryker the origins of the meteorites, as they believed them to be sacred.

After receiving no further answers, Stryker ordered his team to attack the villagers by first ordering Victor to kill the chief. The whole village descended into chaos as Stryker's team started killing the civilians. When the mutants began attacking a nearby village that had no place in this I stopped them before they can do so.

After a brief argument with Victor, I quit the team. "I can't kill innocent people Victor, and your willingness to shows the difference between us." I confronted him.

"This is what we do Scott. When are you gonna learn we're nothing like them?"

"I'm nothing like you, Victor."

"Well sure you are, you just don't know it yet." He smirked. After our short disagreement I left the team and went my own way. I came here for one reason alone and I got too caught up in what was my previous life. As the years had passed and I relived my old life, I slowly started to forget my present one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41 10 23
Gabriela is an overachiever, trying to do everything to succeed in her goals even at the cost of her social life. Franklin is doing his best to cope...
137 22 25
For over a hundred years, humanity has lived in fear of the monsters that roam the streets, lurking in the drains below. Women and their daughters hi...
146 18 18
When everyone was thinking that everything is fine, destiny took a massive turn and their lives turned upside down. Four normal highscholars, who we...
240 1 22
In a parallel universe, most of humanity has begun to exhibit superhuman powers once hitting puberty. On the day he hits puberty, Josiah Smith awaken...