Candy • Backstage

By -ChimeraPack

❝I can be sweet as sugar and sour as warheads.❞ Candice "Candy" McQueen have been Accepted to Keaton School O... More

Prologue
01. Welcome To Keaton
03. Going Rebellious Or Going Bad
04. Cake Filled With Surprises
05: Visions
06. Choosing Time

02. Bringing Convinced Back

403 10 1
By -ChimeraPack

Narrators POV

Candy have been going through her classes and have not seen Brenda since the incident with Brenda Temper. She assume that she speak to Mr.Park about it but when the bell ring and she got to the hallway. Brenda was gone and Mr.Parl was just standing there. She basically had to go to her other classes herself. She definitely saw the shy camera boy from earlier in all of her classes so far. She didn't get a chance to talk to him because he was also talking to that curly hair boy from earlier too. The one who warned Bianca about Brenda. She definitely picked the wrong fight to mess with Brenda.

Candice was walking around lunch table with her water in one hand her lunch bag in the other hand. When she first enter in, she saw Bianca was staring at her just laughing along with her crew. She just shook her head and ignored her. Trying not to get to angry will cause her to be set off. Not like Brenda but worst much worst.

Of course for Candy, she doesn't have anyone she know that she really talked to since the camera girl and Carly. She didn't see her today so maybe she had a different talent. Scrolling through the lunch tables as everyone with there own group already. She looked to see the girl who froze up from early as she waved her hand offering her to come to the table. She just walked over to them as she heard them talking.

"He's right. You should relax a little bit." The boy find speaks and oh my goodness his voice is driving me crazy.

"No. I mean yeah. I am just a little nervous. I guess some people are better at hiding it then others." Alya says as she tucked her short blonde hair behind her ear.

"If you say so." The shy boys says with a small smile onto his face.

Candy only nodded at her knowing how she feel. "Don't be. You have potential. Probably one even better than Bianca herself. Don't let her get to you." Candy stated to her with a small smile on her face as she felt welcoming

"Thank you....I am sorry. I never got your name." Alya says as she looked at her. And now all she know that eyes were all on her now. From the boy to the girl and to the other boy who she never met yet but has great style.

"Candice. Candice McQueen but everyone call me Candy." Candy stated letting a small smile from her lips.

The boy from the side of her looked at her with a small quirky smile. "That's kinda odd. Why they call you that?" The boy asked as he looked like her. Of course, Candy not knowing it but he is just like her. They have a few thing in common but the thing that make them abnormal from everyone else make them feel as of they should hide it. The boy think so and Candy definitely think so. Since she got two secrets that the only one tat she allow to share with people but the other one....not so much. She willing to keep it a secret as long as it doesn't hurt anybody.

"Because at times I can be sweet as sugar then I can be sour as a warhead." Candy had quoted as she tilted her head at her head. "Also I never figure out what your names are?" Candy asked looking between the two boys as one came in.

"Denzel." The boy next to Alya says as she looked at them with his hand out smiling at the two of them. Denzel...she can see that she would be a good acquaintance with definitely. She cam see Denzel as a designer. To Candy, he has some really good Style and she likes it.

Candy looked over to the boy next to her as she only nodded at him. He looked at them just nodding at us. "Miles." He says lowly looking at everyone around them. She just only chuckled at him.

"And you asking questions about my name?" She stated out more of a statement. This just only made ahe laugh a little bit. She looked at him a little before crunching her face a little bit half way. "Your name is basically stating speed limit." She stated a little bit with a chuckle.

"Your are named after a Candy bar." He stated trying to plead his case. This only mad her chuckle. She only took that as a complement.

"I take that as a complement. Thanks." I says ending the little fight just making Miles huffed out and roll his eyes. Making her smirk at him. "I should have told her to stop before she got angry like that." Candy whispered to herself preferring to Brenda.

"Who you mean that crazy girl Brenda? She almost put a pipe in my head. Why do you even care?" Miles asked with his eyebrows raised making Candy to look at Alya who is curious herself. She knew that this will honestly blew there mind or just make them stay in shock for a moment.

"Okay. One, that crazy girl is my best friend. We basically grew up together. So she is living with me and my brother for the rest of the school year at my uncle's house. Two, she have Anger issues but her parents never allowed her to go to anger management classes so she have ran wild. Three. She made sure it didn't hit you for a reason. She have good aim and she never miss on accident. Only on purpose. And Four, she doesn't like to be called crazy she enjoy the term sociopath." Candy explain to them and corrected Miles. The look of both of Alya and Miles faces. They seem more surprised then scared. That surprised Candy since almost everyone in town is scared of Brenda.

"Brenda Lake is your best friend?" Alya asked in disbelief but the only thing that Candy did was nodded at her.

"How do you even stand her?" Miles looked at her from the side.

"One thing she doesn't act like that to me. She actually a really nice person but her anger always get the best of her and hide that. She is very protective so you guys should know how she be when anger and protective is being in her mixture."

Candy explaining the situation that just made everyone silent. Just hearing Candy out he kinda feel bad for the girl, she even helped him earlier with the camera girl but then again she almost took his head off. Alya couldn't any long stand the silent so she finally be the first one to talk about a different topic. "Aren't you guys a little worried about your first day?" Alya tilted her head as she looked at us. Candy was feeling more nervous then her and she surprised she didn't pass out yet.

"I find meditation to help." Miles joked to Ayla. Even for that, Candy could have saw that coming. From a guy like him, he had to make jokes like crazy. Trying to cheer them up, he seem like a good person. She have no clue why but I guessing that they will be close friends.

"Seriously?" Alya asked just making Candy shake her head at them. Seeing them like this, helping someone out. She never really saw this in her old town but I guess in Canada they do things differently.

"No, not seriously." He chuckled as Ayla started doing a light laugh. "But hey. I got you to smile." He laughed a little with her making Candy smile at the two getting along already. She though to be a good time to take her pills. Denzel have already left the table and she didn't notice until now. She opener her water bottle before popping her pills in as she took a sip of her water and swallowing it. Closing the top and putting it back on the bottle and on the table.

"Let's hear it." After hearing that. Carly knew what he means. He want to hear her sing but she have no clue if she will froze up again. Feeling like something is going to hit her but the only thing will hit her is her voice. That what Candy thinks but again there can be times where they switch.

"I can sing with you if you want buy you have to start off first." Candy have offered. Knowing that their voices mat be different. They could combined at once making something better than what Bianca can make. Alya just nodded at her happily.

Listen to Miles started a beat making him nod at him. She starting feel this beat. If only it was part of a song she knew. He started humming making Candy laugh. Started hearing laughing from the other table making Candy and Alya frown. She looked over to Bianca to see her with her crew again. She just wish that she just leave her alone. Candy wish that Brenda was hear....but then again not because she doesn't want her go American pyscho on her.

"I mean. I am hear like I have too. I already have a career. I am popular. I am always want to better myself. I don't want to be forcing some string like that girl, queen frozen. Alya Whatever. I cam already tell you that she doesn't have what it takes. She be a Christmas drop out for sure." Bianca Rambled on and on to the point where Alya smile had faded away.

"Don't listen to them. She have no clue what they are talking about." Miles try to cheer her up but she started to get up. She didn't deserve this. She is a Freshmen and everyone haves these. Candy doesn't understand how she acts like she queen bee when she not even a queen yet.

Candy then felt fingers going through her hair making her look up to see Brenda with a smirk on her face before going over to the table. Making Alya look at her again. "I heard you messing with a special someone again." Brenda says as she looked at her.

"Aren't you suppose to be suspended or something since you threaten me and almost injury a student." Bianca asked as she turned around to her making Brenda chuckle at her.

"My parents is all the way down in Texas and my guardians is at work and he simple have no time to get me so your stuck here with me, Doll Face. So seriously. You should leave her alone." Brenda did a simple warning but everyone at the table just kept laughing at her. She just rolled her eyes at them then looked back at her. She had a plan that made her smirk. A simple quick plan that sure is going to get ride of her crew.

"Because I am going to get ride of all your fans." Bianca was confused at first before she lifted up her hair that was covering her damage eye. It was all healed except a little part in the middle. Since the sun was shining in front of her eye, it rolled back a little bit to the white part making her laugh as the all the other girls screamed as loud they can. Getting up from the table and running away. The only one there was Bianca. She just laughed at them. "Whimps." She stated before covering her hair down onto her eye again. "And you. Since you going to become her bulky and keep messing with her, Now I am going to be yours. So you can leave now or face my rage. In 3." She says before she got closer to the table. "2." She put one foot on the table as Bianca jumped down. "1." She says as she pressed her foot down the whole table split in half as Bianca ran away from her.

Brenda just smirked laugh at her before turning around to see Alya still their shocked again but still proceed of moving away. I guess it is either she is scared about what happen next or she want to fight her own battles.

Brenda looked back at the two before she walked over there and sat at their table with Miles and Candy still there.

Miles is what and still curious about what the girls have saw. He have no clue if he want to see because he pretty sure if it was that terrifying, then he would probably vomit. "What exactly did you show them?"

"Just my eye but I think because the sun got in contact with it, it probably rolled in the back of my head."

"Brenda, that disgusting." Candy as if she was about to gag at her statement even though it is probably true. Brenda only just shrugged as she took his sandwich and eat it. Miles just only stood through shaking his head at her. She heard from the doctor that it was one of the side effects of he sunlight. Miles only shiver at her statement. When he heard about the eye rolling. It is bad enough for him to have what he have but hearing someone else issues is more sad and depression.

"By the way, I never got a chance to get your name?" She says to Miles. She started peeling of the ham from inside sandwich into a small piece. Putting it in her mouth and ate it.

"It's Miles." Spoken in only a low tone as he watched her ever move. Taking a bite out of his sandwich. He doesn't mind but he is trying to figure this girl out.

"Your are named after a speed limit?" Brenda asked making Candy chuckle. She started burst into laughter as she looked at Miles. The only thing he did is let the girl have her moment but next time, he will be the bugger person. He knows that. Brenda did get caught and had to go back to the principal's office. Candy doesn't know what have happened to Alya completely but she knows that she is not okay.

::::::::::::::

Candy have came to the school for the second day of school. She have gotten in early because she had a dream. A dream about Alya quitting but it turned around that she came in with her guitar to sing. She actual hope this time it will be true and not another one where she froze up. She wants her to be proud to have a strong voice like she have. Alya came in with her guitar just as Candy suspected with a small smile on her face. She stopped to listen. She smiled at her voice. She was confident about showing her voice. Now that what made Candy really smile. She stopped singing and everyone did a applause.

Bianca was the only one who did the slow applause but at that moment, Alya doesn't care. Alya is more happy than before. She just only smiled before walking back over to her seat. Alya looked over to Candy and Miles giving them a smile as Candy put her thumbs up for her. "Great job,Alya. It was definitely worth the second try." Mr.Park told her and Alya started to blush a little. She started to feel proud of herself that she believe that she can do it and not let Bianca get in the way. "Um. You? Your the last one to show correct?" Candy looked up knowing it was her since she didn't sing yet. Everyone else did, even Miles but she didn't. She just nodded her head at him. "And your name is?"

"Candice. Candice McQueen..." She says as she stand up putting her bag on her chair. Feeling the pulse go through her arm knowing that how nervous she is. "But people call me Candy."

"A McQueen? I met your brother. Everyone loves him. He always dancing around the school, helping people, and he got Talent. Knowing that your a McQueen you must have talent too since your hear." He stated making Candy smiled at her teacher. She never knew that. She knew that Jacob was always dancing but from a music teacher to know him it got to be something big. He slowly put his hand out for the floor for Candy. "Shall you begin?"

Candy only nodded at him as she walked over to the center of the room. Thought for a moment about what song should she sing but then she remembered. The song she wrote few years back. She named it Girl On Fire.

She took in a deep breathe before she started. "She's just a girl and she's on fire." She first started extending her voice a little bit. "Hotter than a fantasy, lonely like a highway. She's living in a world and it's on fire. Feeling the catastrophe, but she knows she can fly away." She started to smile when started to get through of being nervous as a smile started to grow appear on her face. "Ohhhh oh oh oh oh. She got both feet on the ground And she's burning it down. Ohhhh oh oh oh oh. She got her head in the clouds And she's not backing down." Her voice started to go lower and her smile disappeared before making a pause. She heard a noise and turn around to see Brenda. Mr.Park looked at her and she just shook her head at him.

She was holding her laptop in her hand so she knows that she was listening to Candy. Opening the laptop and going to her mixer and started making a beat to go to Candy's song. She sat down onto the bench as she kept making the beat.

Candy smile appear back on her face. "This girl is on fire. This girl is on fire. She's walking on fire. This girl is on fire." Candy paused again knowing that she was done with the first part of the song. Taking another quick breathe before she continued. "Looks like a girl, but she's a flame. So bright, she can burn your eyes.Better look the other way. You can try but you'll never forget her name. She's on top of the world. Hottest of the hottest girls say. Ohhhh oh oh oh. We got our feet on the ground And we're burning it down. Ohhhh oh oh oh oh. Got our head in the clouds And we're not coming down."

Candy paused again for what seems like the third time. Looking over to Brenda as she started making the beat even better than better then before. She looked back to crowd and smiled. "This girl is on fire. Fire. Fire." Extending the last two words out than before. "This girl is on fire. She's walking on fire. Fire. Fire." Candy have extended her words out again feeling that everyone was liking the song. She have no clue if Bianca likes it or not. She just keep having a emotional face. Looking over to Miles and Alya to see them smiling the most. "This girl is on fire." The end of her chorus and second part of the song have ended but now the last one will begin to finish it off.

"Everybody stares, as she goes by 'Cause they can see the flame that's in her eyes." She put her hand out acting as if she was touching the sky and moving hand in a shape of a rainbow. "Watch her when she's lighting up the night. Nobody knows that she's a lonely girl And it's a lonely world. But she gon' let it burn, baby, burn, baby." Taking another quick and deep breathe before started singing the chorus one last time.

"This girl is on fire. Fire. Fire. This girl is on fire. She's walking on fire. Fire. Fire. This girl is on fire." She extended her words before clamping her hands together singing the rest of the chorus. "Oh, oh, oh, oh ohhhhh. oh oh oh ohhh. oh oh oh. ohhhh." Candy started smiling before watching to hear some clap once. Then again slowly. Turning to the person to see that it was Alya. Then Miles have followed. Here from behind knowing that Mr.Park was doing it as well. Then almost everyone in the class start to follow, of course, except for Bianca. "Oh, oh, oh, oh ohhhhh. oh oh oh ohhh. oh oh oh. ohhhh. Oh, oh, oh, oh ohhhhh. oh oh oh ohhh. oh oh oh. ohhhh. Oh, oh, oh, oh ohhhhh. oh oh oh ohhh. oh oh oh. ohhhhhhhhhhh."

Extending the last note to that part as everyone stopped clapping and Brenda beat have stopped as Candy finished off the song with the last lyric to her song. "She's just a girl and she's on firrrrrrrrre." Taking a breathe smiling feeling proud of herself. Everyone applaud. Turning around to see Mr.Park applauding too with a smile on his face. Candy walked over back to her seat before grabbing her bag and sat down. Who knew that people will actually like her song? Her mother and Brenda when they first heard it, they said that they love it and of course she thought that they were just being nice but now.....she knows that they wasn't.

Everyone liked it. She still can't tell if Bianca liked it or not but she doesn't care about her opinions. "Did you write that?" Alya whispered looking at her. Candy just nodded at her with a smile bright on her face. Alya just put her hands on her lap before looking at her. "It was really good." She says cheerfully looking back at her.

Candy started to feel a blush going on as she just a slight nod at her. "Thank you." She told her before the both of them have stopped talking and Mr.Park had started talking going over the things for music. The basics before the kids get into anything deeper. She understands why. To refresh our memories because they shouldn't just jump into a certain lesson if they forgot the basics. Knowing it be time to leave, Candy still having that off feeling about the school. She just hoping that her dream doesn't come true.

***
Ayyyye okay. So I have finally finished the first episode in this book which was this and the first chapter. And I feel proud because I have at least wrote almost 4000+ words in this chapter and I finished writing it in this chapter. So episode two will start in the next chapter. Since there aren't the many scenes for the music in episode two so there could be a chance that episode three might be in that chapter too so. :)))) Let us all hope because I got some ideas. I hope you like it so far because I just getting started. :)

Oh and note: all the songs, dance moves, and mixing videos/music will just be use for my character. They all didn't really own them but they do in this book.

So yeah. That's it and I will see yall in the next chapter. Bai Bai.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 58 22
Beau·ti·ful ˈbyo͞odəfəl Pleasing the senses or mind aesthetically May·hem māˌ(h)em Violent or damaging disorder; chaos. 𝚂𝚞𝚛𝚟𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚕 𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚝𝚜...
45.5K 2.4K 50
Fallon's sole ambition in life is to escape her miserable hometown once and for all. She dreams of driving away in her convertible and leaving her pa...
83.7K 4.1K 26
"You know for someone with your name, you're reputation with love is something else," "That's because none of them were you, now come back and let m...
Sing By mc395686

Teen Fiction

1.6K 26 27
𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝑹𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒘𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝑾𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒔𝒊�...