Last Olympian - My Way

Door nanowriter74

Percy, Claira, and the gang are back for the final book in the Percy Jackson - My Way series! The adventures... Meer

READ THIS FIRST!
Telling Us
Gathering the Info
Betrayed
It's Time
It Has Begun
Here, She Lies...
Family Once More
Resolve
Finally Happening
The End...?

We've Got Company

51 1 0
Door nanowriter74

When we reached Argus and Mrs. O'Leary, the hundred eyed man was freaking out about the whole sleeping situation while the hellhound was just raiding a hot dog stand.

Percy told Argus what happened on Olympus and how the gods weren't going to be coming to save us. Then he told the guy to get back to camp to guard it the best he could.

Then Argus turned to Annie and drew a circle in the air with his finger. 

"Yeah. It's time," She nodded.

"For what, exactly?" I asked.

Turns out, it was a video shield which was one of Daedalus' many ideas.

But then Connor stopped her from scouting.

"What, do you see invaders?" She looked up at him.

"No... right there! Dylan's Candy Bar," he turned to Travis. "It's open. And everyone is asleep. You thinking what I'm thinking?" That made Travis grin.

"Stolls!" I scolded along with Katie.

"What? You said we could raid!" the twins complained to me.

I remember saying that but I didn't miss a beat. "You have no proof I said anything!" 

"We have blackmail material," Travis gave me a triumphant smirk.

I glared at the twins. "How much?"

"You know we are experts on eavesdropping," Connor winked.

"Let's just say we managed to drop by at the beach to see you and a friend standing at the surf saying some... really embarrassing words-"

And that was when I grabbed both of their necks, heating up my palms.

"Say another word about that and you can say goodbye to your heads," I growled, making them laugh uneasily.

"Can do, captain," they choked out.

I let go of their necks and knelt down next to Annie.

"They couldn't seriously have been there..." Annie mumbled, only for my ears to hear as she passed her hand over the shield, moving the scene.

"They're the Stolls," I grumbled and face palmed.

"Anyway. Thank you, Argus," Annie looked up at the guy. "Hopefully we'll see you back at camp... someday,"

I smiled up at him to see an amused look on his face. Probably from my episode with the Stolls.

"We'll see you soon," I brought two fingers up to my forehead and gave a small salute.

Then he shifted his many eyes to Percy and gave him a look. Then he hopped into the van and drove off along with the two harpies that had driven the other two vans.

Then Percy looked at me and nodded. I stood and whistled for Mrs. O'Leary. The hellhound bounded over to me and nuzzled me.

"Alright, girl. You remember Grover? Ya know, the satyr we met in the park?" I looked straight into her big black eyes. she woofed in response. "I need you to find him, alright? Find Grover!" I said, still staring at her.

She licked my face then went off.

That immediately prompted me to walk over to Percy, pick up the hem of his shirt and used it to wipe off the slobber. But in that process, I heard him inhale sharply.

And realized: I had touched his lower back. Letting go of his shirt I mumbled under my breath: "So I was right,"

"Right about what?" he looked at me.

And for some reason, I had tears crawling down my cheeks.

"Clair?!" he exclaimed, seeing my tears.

"Huh?" I reached up and wiped them away. "I'm crying?"

And later on, I figured out why. Considering I did touch the one part of his body that was vulnerable, it had to hurt a lot or at least have been real sensitive. So I had accidentally hurt him. Me being the worrisome baby sister I am, my body was so overwhelmed from the Great Prophecy, Percy's dip in the Styx, Olympus, Nico... I guess that was what broke me.

"I... I found it didn't I?" I wiped away the last of my tears as Percy looked at me.

"Er..." He then lowered his voice. "Yeah,"

"Sorry,"

"Nah it's fine. Just... warn me next time," he shrugged.

"Percy, Clair," Annie called. "You might want to see this," She gestured to her shield.

We rushed over to see boats speeding across the murky waters. The banner flying above them was purple with a black scythe symbol in the middle.

"Well isn't that nice?" I mumbled.

We found out that Kronos was slowing down time outside of Manhattan since the farther we looked outside of the place, time seemed to slowly start moving.

"We shouldn't expect any help coming in," Annie sighed.

"Alright. We're going to hold Manhattan," Percy said.

"Er... Percy, Manhattan is huge," Silena said.

"We are going to hold it," I insisted.

"We have to," Percy nodded in agreement.

"They're right. The gods of the winds should keep Kronos' forces away from Olympus by air. So his only option should be ground. We have to cut off the entrances to the island,"

"They have boats," Michael Yew pointed out.

As raised my left hand to adjust my backpack's strap, I saw Dad's birthday present on my wrist: a milky white pearl bracelet.

And that gave me an idea. "Percy,"

Everyone turned to look at me but I only needed my brother's attention. I held up my left wrist and pointed to my bracelet. "You still have it right?"

He blinked a couple times before finally realizing what I was trying to say.

He nodded then turned to the others. "I'll take care of the boats,"

"How?" Michael asked.

"Just leave it to me," Percy reassured him.

Then he ran down his battle plan. He decided to guard the bridges and tunnels that would lead to midtown or downtown. 

He placed the Apollo cabin at the Williamsburg Bridge, the Demeter Cabin at the Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel, half the Hermes cabin at the Manhattan bridge, the other half at the Brooklyn Bridge, the Aphrodite cabin at the Queens-Midtown Tunnel, the Hephaestus cabin at the Holland tunnel, and the Athena cabin at the 59th Street Bridge.

Percy and Annie were going together to take care of the boats.

And then Percy finally turned to me. "I'm sure you know what to do by now, Claira,"

"Oooh, using my full name huh? Makes me sound like the real deal," I smirked as I zipped up my backpack, shouldering a quiver and gripping my bow with my pen tucked in my right ear, as always. I snapped my fingers, sending my backpack back to the Poseidon cabin.

I wasn't wearing any armor. I always found that armor weighed me down. And I needed to be as light weight as I could. All I was in was a slightly loose midnight blue tee, jean shorts, and my red and black converse which were an old gift from Dad. Though he did get me new ones last year just so they were cleaner... My straight, waist length, black hair was in a high ponytail.

"I'll just help out everywhere. At least one person in each cabin knows a way to get my attention. Use it when you seriously need me though. Cause I'll be fighting my own battle too, alright?" I looked at everyone, who nodded in understanding.

And Percy summed up the way we would communicate too. Just pick up a phone, contact Annie or Percy and then leave the phone so the monsters couldn't home in on our position.

And before we could start, Jake Mason spoke up.

"Wait, Percy," he called. "You forgot the Lincoln Tunnel," 

Before Percy could say anything else I spoke up. "I could cover that,"

"Claira-"

"Percy, I'm an army myself. When I reach full power, you know nothing can get me-"

"Stop all the talk, little cousin. You know you'd need our help," A girl's voice called from across the street.

The biggest grin spread across my lips.

"Thalia!" Annie and I yelled.

The daughter of Zeus, Percy's and my cousin, grinned. "Hunters of Artemis, reporting for duty,"

I instantly ran over to her and gave her the biggest hug I could.

"I wasn't all talk," I said as we pulled away.

Scanning over the Hunters, the group was twice as big as it was the last time I saw it. The girls were in white shirts and silver pants with combats. They all had swords strapped at their sides with quivers across their backs, bows in hand. Wolves and falcons were at their sides, making them look unstoppable.

"I see you're well," she motioned to the bow in my hand.

"Of course," I grinned. Then Percy walked up.

"Where have you been this last year?" he asked.

"Long story. I bet my adventures were more dangerous than yours, Jackson," she smirked.

"Oh please," I rolled my eyes.

"We'll just see about that," She challenged. "After this is over you, Clair, Annabeth, and me: cheeseburgers and fries at the hotel on West 57th,"

"Le Parker Meridien," Percy grinned. 

"Is it all on you?" I flashed a smile as Thalia rolled her eyes.

"It all depends on who does better, huh?"

"You're on," Percy nodded. "And Thalia, thanks,"

"Those monsters won't know what hit 'em. Hunters, move out!" Thalia ordered as she slapped here silver bracelet, bringing out her shield Aegis.

And then the Hunters were off.

Percy turned to us campers before heading off to the rivers.

"You're the greatest heroes of this millennium," He started, making me smile. "It doesn't matter how many monsters come at you. Fight bravely and we will win,"

He raised his uncapped sword and shouted his final words: "FOR OLYMPUS!!"

We yelled back in response and then we all separated.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

454K 18K 59
𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐄𝐍𝐃! ❝ i'm off the deep end, watching as i dive in ❞ 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒄𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒐𝒓𝒆 �...
560K 15.7K 24
Life doesn't always work out the way we want it to. Percy Jackson never meant for any of this to happen. His girlfriend, Annabeth Chase, was gone. Hi...
5.5K 221 54
Daphne Evans, a thirteen year old girl. On the outside, she's just an ordinary girl but in reality that's not true. At the age of nine, she watched h...
17.1K 504 9
Dear Mortal, If you're about to read this book, I can only apologize at the lie you have lived in this world. Thinking everything is normal, when it...