Fate Of The Twelve (Completed)

By thebadgirl05

Completed 'Big sister... I'm scared.' A little one whispered as we hid in a cramped alley, trying to escap... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Blacker than the night
Chapter 2: Portal
Chapter 3: Trouble
Chapter 4: the council
Chapter 5: first day
Chapter 6: Dumb
Chapter 7: the fallen
Chapter 8: Collapse
Chapter 10: Battle for the throne
Chapter 11: Demon
Chapter 12: Oh no
Chapter 13: Earth
Chapter 14: Fall
Chapter 15: Generals
Chapter 16: encounter
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18: Unravel
Chapter 19: Nightmare
Chapter 20: white
Chapter 21: Visit
Chapter 22: please let me
Chapter 23: amidst the palm
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25: Zephyr's Best friend
Chapter 26: Trapped
Chapter 27: Waking up
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29: A dip in the 'pool'
Chapter 30: not again!
Chapter 31: scary kid
Chapter 32: Agony
Chapter 33: Painful goodbye
Chapter 34: fly
Chapter 35: Idris
Chapter 36: Snowmen
Chapter 37: Shall we?
Chapter 38: Imperial King
Chapter 39:
Chapter 40:
Chapter 41:
Chapter 42: cave?
Chapter 43:
Chapter 44: the demon queen
Chapter 45: heart beat
Chapter 46: not over yet
Chapter 48: Reflection
Chapter 49: the void
Chapter 50: Carving
Chapter 51: depart
Chapter 52: Captain Sparrow
Chapter 53: Three pairs
Chapter 54: Unicorn blood and Phoenix tears
Chapter 55: Sleep
Chapter 56: forgiveness
Chapter 57: yet another revelation
Chapter 58: merpeople
Chapter 59: visitor
Chapter 60: attacked

Chapter 9: Battle Start

186 31 0
By thebadgirl05

"Did they really pass out Yesterday at all?" Violet asked with a doubtful expression on her face. I shrugged. We were in the kitchen, cooking since it was our turn to do the task.

We watched the four we were talking about who were seated by the couch, Rex along with them and discussing about something that we couldn't hear from here. Though, they were so immersed in the conversation and they all looked serious, Muriel was kind of glum.

They were the earliest to wake up besides from us, like nothing happened Yesterday at all. Rex produced four little things we can't figure out since they were wrapped in velvet golden cloths.

Rex gave it out to each one of the four who took it. Muriel began unwrapping hers and we waited in anticipation to find out what it was all about, but the eleven year old kid, noticed us. He never misses anything does he?

Before we could try to pretend that we didn't know anything, a strong wind coming from no other than Rex, shut the door in our faces.

"What a killjoy." Violet muttered while I remained looking at the closed doors, trying to think what might have been in those cloths. Sure, Rex is quite the secretive one so a scene such as this often occurs.

He's one of those who likes to work alone sometimes, if not.... well, he reminds me of someone I just happen to know...

We just ignored it and continued on cooking, chatting away while doing so.

Time flew past by and the other rankers were all coming down, dressed and all. Ryouta was the first to open the door of course, since it is food were talking about and he's probably hungry by now. Well, he always was.

They all took their seats around the table and we began eating while the others threw doubtful looks on their faces and looked at the four who were pretty much normal.

"Ummmm. Muriel, do you feel fine now?" Harumi asked when she couldn't hold the questions in any further with reckless abandon as the one being questioned craned her neck upwards to look at her.

"Hmmm. Yeah, why would you ask that?" Muriel returned, her face confused as she put her spoon down and looked at the dark green haired girl.

"Helllooooo???? It's because the four of you-------"

"Muriel, Kevin, today is the duel, you have to hurry eating and prepare, train a bit." Rex cut off coolly, giving Harumi a look which told her to shut up already and we were quite beyond curious as to what was happening. Things are kind of going weirder and wierder.

Muriel averted her gaze from Harumi as she looked at Rex in confusion, Cyan and Kevin were no different but Leirum kept his emotionless face on.

"But I thought it was supposed to be tomorrow?!" Muriel questioned, her eyebrows raised as her sibling backed her up. What the hell was going on?

"No. The duel is today, yesterday was your last practice. You might have just forgotten." Rex calmly convinced them as we did our best not to shout out at him for making things complicated. Why were they asking anyway? They should pretty much know what happened to them.

"I don't remember what happened yesterday at all except the training portion. Did I sleep or what?" Muriel mumbled beside me under her breath, making me nearly choke on my food.

I threw Rex a look but he just kept his face straight, ignoring me completely.

"Hurry up idiot. We need to get you trained for a bit longer." Leirum said and stood up before he walked out of the hall, Muriel glaring at his retreating figure but nonetheless followed.

"Cyan, help Kevin get his spear from my room. Check it out and alter it if needed to fit him perfectly. His duel will come first before Muriel's." The eleven year old kid once again ordered.

The cyan haired guy didn't question him and just stood up, an unfathomable expression on his face while Kevin looked at Rex who was helping himself with some fresh fruits. He looked doubtful.

"We are talking later." Kevin said in a commanding tone and stormed out after Cyan.

When they were out of ear shot, the other rankers began bombarding him with questions, me included.

"What's going on?"

"Why don't they remember?

"You devil, what did you do to them?"

Rex scowled at the last comment and glared at Alfreed for her inappropriate choice of words. Though, I wasn't against Alfreed at all but I didn't voice it out.

"So what happened to them?" I asked him indifferently while I set down my fork and spoon, paying him my full attention. I wasn't one to listen to kids and those that are younger than me but Rex is different.

With his skills and cunning thinking, he managed to garner the second rank among the twelve and our respect for him as well. No one was dumb enough as to challenge his rank.

"They don't know they collapsed. It was like that memory deleted themselves in their brains." He huffed, looking thoughtfully at his plate of food that was barely touched at all.

"Then why did you stop us from telling them?" Harumi asked with a raised eyebrow, her arms folded over her chest as she gave a demanding look.

"Guys, leave him. He might be a kid but he's much more intelligent than we are which I hate to admit but he absolutely knows what he's doing." Ryouta defended, earning shocked looks from us for his words.

"Did you seriously say that?" Mikael asked, eyeballing the blue headed glutton who didn't even stop eating at all.

"Hey, don't you dare insult me you dope. I have a brain, now be a man and accept that the kid is more superior than you." Was the annoyed response from the glutton.

"Don't call me kid you inferior beings." Rex stated but he went unnoticed as the glutton and the proud man that is Mikael glared at each other.

"I am never submitting myself to that devil child." Mikael retaliated and looked away, his face set and unwavering as Rex gave him a scalding stare.

Before the eleven year old kid could start up a new argument, Leo cleared his throat loudly, deliberately making all the attention go to him. When this was done, he looked at his younger brother.

"The question is, what are you planning up your sleeve again brother? I hope----"

"That, will remain with me for a while until I figure things out, you need not concern yourself with it for now but I will tell you when it is needed, so when I do somethings without notice, don't interfere." Rex cut off and stood up, dismissing the discussion and walked out, just like how the earlier ones did.

"Those words..." Alfreed started, an irritated look on her face.

"Are alike to Lord Azrael's. They are unquestioningly blood related even if it's distant. They absolutely love to keep things to themselves and treat them mystery puzzles." Mikael hissed as Leo grunted at the mention of the Leader of the High Court.

"And speaking of the devil, there he is." Ryouta informed, gesturing at the door with her fingers coated in butter.

We all groaned when we did see him there, the unfading smile on his lips and the undying glint of child like amusement twinkle in his eyes.

---------

"Do I really have to wear this?" I asked the guy who was currently relaxed on my bed and gave him a hostile look. He looks so calm and I was here worrying for my life, and fussing all over things as every possible scene played in my mind.

Damn imagination. I hate myself sometimes for being too imaginative.

"Fix that gauntlet on your right properly, you may use them as your shield when the time comes." Leirum ordered, referring to the gold metal encasing my elbow, and tiredly closed his eyes as he rested my head on my pillow. I kind of felt guilty.

He really tired himself out to teach me all I needed to know just to defeat Lydia, that required complicated ways, cunning thinking and other aspects and here I was, ungratefully glaring and acting hostile towards him.

"Anyway, Telekinesis is a power that requires the mind only right? Why do I have to move my hands just to make things move?" I questioned, deciding it to be my last for now.

"Because I don't think it's purely telekinesis. I don't think it's telekinesis at all." He yawned lazily, rolling into his side, his back facing me.

I didn't speak after that as I faced my full body mirror I just discovered in my closet earlier when I was searching for a particular something that I now forgot.

I didn't wear that much armor like knights and such had worn in the ancient times on Earth, if anything, it looked like I was dressed for some fashion show on warriors than one who is about to enter a really really dangerous game.

A breastplate covered my chest, made of some kind of gold that existed in this world but was rare. It was the same color as those on Earth, but wasn't as heavy. What did Violet call it earlier? Divine? Wait---- Divinium gold!

Violet said that it was impenetrable, it could withstand all sorts of attacks, even those that come from elements and abilities which I find quite enlightening.

The same gold covered my wrists like gloves down to my elbow, and leg armor, the rest that weren't covered wore a blue cloth that stuck to my body like second skin. Ice resistant only unfortunately.

They didn't have lightning resistant cloths at the moment. My hair was tied up in a bun, a metal ring around my forehead, parallel lines with pointy edges covering the side and one at the middle which covered my nose.

Looking at myself now, I felt a weird sensation just yet again, like this happened before and nostalgia was coursing through me again like the similar happenings that happened every now and then since the day I came here.

My mind threatened to wander off again when I realized that Leirum wasn't talking at all. Yeah, he's the silent one, but he usually throws some words from time to time to annoy me.

I turned around, finding the young lord peacefully sleeping in my bed, the color of his blue coat, defined by my cream colored sheet.

His arm covered his eyes, a few strands of silver hair covering some parts of his face as he breathed steadily. Looks like the big boy is tired.

Watching him this way, an image of two figures under the shade of a tree, at the side of a lake, green grass covering the ground and flowers blooming, flashed in my head and I felt my knees shake as I gripped the side of my work table, steadying myself and my erratically beating heart.

W-what was that? The place in the image looked so unworldly, like a surreal fantasy place. A place so beautiful and magical.

"Muriel, Can I come in?! It's time for Kevin's battle! We need to head down now!" I heard Alfreed's always loud voice from outside my room. Before I could even give a proper reply to let her in, she intruded anyway.

"Why'd you have to ask permission when you go in anyway?" I sarcastically asked, standing up properly, the weakening I felt a second ago gone. She ignored me though as she chose to raise an eyebrow and looking at the sleeping guy in my bed.

"What did you do?" She asked me with a knowing grin on her face, I grimaced.

"Don't even think about it." I stopped her. She shrugged without a care and strode over to Leirum.

"Sorry to ruin your slumber prince charming but you need to get the hell up." Alfreed said and shook the lord's shoulder. I frowned at how she violently shook him. No doubt, Leirum will-----

"Stop shaking me woman!" Leirum angrily snarled at Violet as his eyes fluttered open and stood up. His sleep that lasted for just a few minutes ending.

"Ohhhh.... Sorryyyy!!!" Alfreed sung but she didn't sound like it at all and skipped to the door. "Come on you two, we need to hurry up or the others will leave us behind."

Leirum was still frowning at the red head as he got up and fixed himself before he turned to me,

"Let's go."

---------

The crowd was wild, the stadium was filled by students and mentors alike were there too. The place was enormous and basically gigantic that it could hold at least 20 000 people, still excluding the spacious arena at the very center of the whole thing.

From here, it seemed like you were in ancient Rome, watching a gladiator fight in front of you. Funny thing was, it was much more grander since it involved all that elements and magic like attributes.

Looking around, the students mostly had snide looks on their faces, likely shouting out that they were here to watch two human beings thrown into the pool of shame. Just what the hell is wrong with people?

"Hurry up, stupid witch." Leirum stated, earning yet another glare from me like he can't get enough of them. He started descending the stairs, walking with dignity and authority as those in the way gave him path.

Just like a prince huh? I just followed suite, my heart hammering inside me louder with every step I took as we headed at the very front row where those who belonged in the circle of the twelve lords.

Violet, Antoinette and Harumi sat at the far end, deep in conversation and giggling at some parts. Alfreed sat in between Harumi and Mikael as she argued with Mikael about something. Ryouta was oblivious at his surroundings and kept on eating some snacks he brought with him.

I don't know at all why in the world isn't he fat with the ridiculous amount of food he eats everyday. He was actually rippled with firm muscles and all which was all the more questionable.

A scowl made its way on my face though as I took in the familiar image, those blue eyes that never ceased glinting with a strange light.

None other than Lord Azrael, occupied an empty seat between Rex and Leo.

"It's nice to see you my dear." He greeted as Leirum and I took our seats side by side on comfy throne like seats adorned with gems and precious stones at certain parts.

"You haven't delivered me some of those that I put in my list Lord Azrael. I might need them any time soon so please do me a favor and start shopping soon." I said and showed him a sweetly sick smile. His face turned into a look of horror.

"My child! You never warned me of what was there now on Earth! Really! I don't think I can trust those you have written anymore." and a look of horror painted his face along with an angry shade of red on his cheeks which made me smirk.

i just ordered him to buy some liquor in a night club and I'm pretty sure he saw those naked girls on stage shaking their booties proudly and displaying what were supposed to be kept hidden under human standards that were decent at all. I didn't know that prostitution doesn't exist at all in this world which made me think that Earth should follow this type of example.

I only knew then how peaceful and how beautiful this world is, like some sort of paradise in it's own way, ofcourse, exempting the devils and such.

I also wrote a part on that list that he has to buy some condo---- ugh, saying the word makes me shudder. It's not like I have any use of them anyway, I just wanted to watch that epic face on his face when he comes barging in and story-telling his embarrassing moment, which actually happened.

He asked the woman in the corner what it was for and was given all the information needed sending him running out with a furious shade on his face til he came in my room and began weeping about his dignity being thrown away.

"Well that solves the problem my Lord. Now you now know that you shouldn't use the happenings in my life as an amusement, correct?" I asked him, a playful grin on my face as he nodded.

"Good. Now you can cross out all the other ones except the last ten on the list." I said and he sighed out in relief but gave me a horrified look when he figured out how many plans I had in my disposal to give him guides to first time experiences regarding shameless deeds.

Ah, how sweet is thy vengeance. I laughed evilly while his face was priceless, the others giving confused expressions about our conversation.

"Just what did the girl do to you?" Rex asked, an interested look on his cute face as he looked at me curiously which I answered all with an evil smirk.

"You've got to teach me ways to make him submit to me." Rex ordered rather than requested. What a boy. I just gave him a nod and he turned to look at the horrified High Court Leader on the verge of passing out with that pale face and all.

"You two... are evil." Leo commented but his lips were threatening to break in a wide smile anyway.

"Thanks." Rex and I answered immediately like a duo while Lord Azrael scowled.

"Good afternoon Azerothians! Today, we the Castello brothers will be your announcers!" a familiar voice boomed at every corner of the place. The ones who are responsible as to why this duel is happening.

"I know that you are all excited for the duel to start just like we are soooooo duelists enter the arena! Presenting the twelfth ranker, Jack Garnadia who bears the element of wind and earth with the ability of invincibility!" the twins' synchronized voices echoed.

My eyes widened as the word rolled off my tounge.

"Invisibility?!" I sputtered in disbelief as I watched the mentioned guy enter the arena in a full body armor and a halberd in his grasp, his long brick red hair tied in a ponytail as he walked calmly along.

The halberd consists of an axe blade topped with a spike mounted on a long shaft. I have never actually seen one before but all I can say is that it looked... deadly.

"How the hell can Kevin fight someone who can turn invisible when he wanted to?!" I frustratedly exclaimed and gripped my chair tight.

"I've solved that problem already." Rex calmly answered, a confident smile on his face as he looked down at the arena. The large crowd basically cheered on that Jack's side.

I don't know how Kevin can fight such formidable opponent yet I can't bring myself to question Rex after all the things he have proven which occasionally makes me shudder. This eleven year old boy isn't just a kid. He's so much more than that.

"And presenting Kevin, someone who just entered the world from the human dimension, the challenger!" The twins combined voices boomed all over as the audience kept quiet.

They were sniggering and talking among themselves but none dared speak up with the Twelve Lords in the scene. Their presence was powerful enough combining to their influence, that much I knew.

I gaped with my mouth slightly ajar when my eyes landed on Kevin. He wore no armor at all. Just a simple set of clothes and a cloak and I was more than sure that his armored enemy was more than offended. Who wouldn't be?

He carried a golden spear over his shoulders as he entered the arena, not minding the audience gawking at him for his naivety and... Underestimating attitude?

"Nicely done Rex, you did well to him." Lord Azrael's compliment made my blood rush to my head as I glared at them.

"How is that going to help him defend and protect himself?!" I yelled at them.

These people are seriously getting on my nerves, I don't know what I'm going to do already or how to handle these type of situations.

"Armors don't suit him, he doesn't want to wear any armor for now either since it will just restrict his movements. His suit aren't special but they will allow him to move freely as he wishes." Rex said, apparently not annoyed at all with any of my outburst.

"Jack is a wind and earth user, Kevin has both the elements but he was cautioned not to use them for now which leaves him with the element of lightning and ice, fair fight I say, unless needed, I gave him the permission to use his element over fire." Leirum announced, making us say.... "What?!" Rex included.

"Why did you do that?!" Violet exclaimed, as we all looked at him with the same emotions.

"Blue flames are too unusual, if the student's-------

"That's the point Leirum wanted. He wanted the whole school to see his abilities for maybe then, they'll rethink things over and they'll see that that ten-year old kid is more capable than Jack, besides, there will come a time that Kevin may unconsciously use that element so why not let him use it when it's needed now?" Lord Azrael spoke in Leirum's stead.

"B-but wouldn't that------"

"Do you want your brother to get out of that arena in one piece or not?" Leirum asked sharply and gave me a serious look as I gulped down the lump of fear in my throat that his words formed.

"Of course." I squeaked and he gave a satisfied look.

"Well, without further ado, let the battle begin!"

-----------
Well guys, here's the chap nine. I don't have that much readers but yeah, allow me to write since it's my relaxation hobby besides reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

316K 10.1K 23
Hello Everyone! Just a quick note to say that I am editing this book and I am making the chapters a little bit longer. If some chapters don't make se...
276K 6.8K 23
"Hey," I said cautiously, scared to make the first move. Thankfully, I didn't have to make it. Luca stepped forward and took me by the waist, pulling...
2.6K 170 17
My lungs and muscles burned. Everything in my body begging me to stop but I had to keep moving. I had to get away. I rather die than go back to that...
29.1K 574 8
You didn't want to be here, in these endless hallways of closed doors. You didn't need to help the creature that tried to kill you. You certainly di...