Brave

By bhuman_

Casey Dodger ; trouble is all she is. More

1

35 0 0
By bhuman_

I say goodbye to my foster parents as I hop in the backseat of a car and made my dog jump in the seat beside me then drove off too the fostercare/ adoption centre. I know the people here well since I'm here 1 maybe 2 times a month.

I follow the lady into an office while someone else takes my dog and I go to talk with Wenny about what will happen with my future.
Foster parents don't want me and no one wants to adopt me.

I walked into her office and the door gets shut behind me.

"Casey take a seat" she said and I nodded and sat down.

"So how's life?" I asked her.

"Pretty good but I don't think you can say the same" she replied and I nodded.

"No one wants to take care of you, Casey" Wenny said.

"I know that"

"Your going to the orphanage" she said.

"No thanks" I said taking a piece of candy off her desk and throwing the wrapper in the trash.
She sighed.

"I didn't ask if you wanted to" she replied getting frustrated at me.

"I turn 18 in-" she cut me off.

"The law doesn't care if you turn 18 tomorrow Casey" she snapped.
"I know you turn 18 soon but until then you go to there" she said and I shook my head.

"It's no fucking far" I said.

"Casey watch your mouth" she said

"No, adults only want kids ages 15 and under"

"That's not true, adults don't like you because of your personality" she said.

"It's not my personality they don't like" I said and stood up.

"Casey sit down"

"I want my dog" I replied and she shook her head.

"Not yet, I have something to tell you"

"What is it?" I asked.

"You will
Be going under the care of a married couple named Becky and Jack, they have a son and daughter already, and you know the rest" she said and I nodded.

"I thought you said no one wanted me" I asked.

"Happy April fools Casey" she said and pointed to her calendar

I laughed at her the grabbed my bag and stood up.
She told me to
Follow her and I agreed.
I waited in the waiting room while Becky and Jack signed the papers.

"Let's go" Becky said and I smiled at her as my puppy Chevy got walked out.

"I got to ask is that mutt friendly?" Jack asked.

"Yes" I replied and they handed me Chevys leash I held on it tightly and I walked him to
The car that Jack and Becky were taking me in.

"How long have you had your dog?" Becky asked.

"11 months" I replied.

"And how old is he?" Jack asked.

"11 months" I replied.

Jack started the car and we drove off.

_~_

Once we arrived at there house it was a nice home not to big but big enough for 3 kids and 2 adults.
"Sorry for the mess inside the house we have 2 wild kids" Becky said.

"It's okay"I replied. And Jack helped me with my bags.

Once we got inside there beautiful home you walked into the kitchen.

"I'll takes your bags to your room follow me" Jack said and I followed him off to my new room.

It was a medium size room painted white with a desk at one end and a bed at the other. The bedding was white and the walls had so shelves on them along with a flat screen tv and a sofa.

"Thank you Jack" I said and he gave me a smile.
"I'll give you time alone, you probably are used to people always around you" he said and I nodded and said thank you.

I ran and jumped on my bed.

I really should go shopping for Chevy.
After spending half an hour alone in my room I decided to leave my room and go downstairs.
I then bumped into someone while shutting my door.
"I'm sorry" the boy said and I looked up  at him.

"You must be my new sister and the owner of that huge dog downstairs" he said and I laughed.

"Yeah I am, my name is Casey" I said holding out my hands but he went into hug me. I hugged him back and then he let go of me.

"My name is Jason" he said.
"And foods ready" he said and I nodded and followed him downstairs where my dog was just laying down on the sofa.

"Chevy!" I said and he jumped down.
"No it's okay Jack put him up there" Becky said and I nodded.

"Don't worry about it Casey, Chevy is always welcome" she said.

"The last set of foster parents hated Chevy" I said.

"We're not your foster parents and we knew a dog was coming with you" Becky said and I nodded.

After eating a great meal we all sat in the living room.

"So you haven't met your sister yet, she's probably with her friends for another sleepover" Becky said.

"It's okay I get it, is there any let shops around here?" I asked.

"There is one just down the street but we can go tomorrow I plain on taking you shopping" Becky said.

"It's fine you don't have to do that"
Mainly because I have to go to
The gym tomorrow. I haven't gone in a little while.

"Come on dear you have to go! We can spend some time together" she said.

"So tell me a bit about yourself" Jack said.

"What kind of stuff?" I asked.

"Your life sorry if your okay with it"

"My mom always tried to save people she worked at the hospital as a doctor. She was one of the best then, we had a dinner downtown from my house and a robber came in a shot my mother one night. I was 7 years old when I lost my mother. My brother and I lived with my dad and he was slowly going crazy.
Every night my brother and I would hear him talking to himself.
One day my brother ran away because my dad hit him and a week later I couldn't take it anymore. My father was the reason my brother left and I lost it and started yelling at my dad when I was ten.
Then he died of a car crash from drunk driving.
I was sent to live with my uncle who fixed cars and I helped him.
He had this 1 car that I loved it was a Transam 1981 and I  rode shot gun and feel like the luckiest girl in the world until he died at age 47 and I was sent to foster care and had to have help."

"Wow if you ever need to talk about it we are hear" Jason said and the rest nodded.

"So how did you get Chevy"

"I got him after my first Foster home, there was a sign on a building German Shepherds for sale. I got the last one of the litter and he was free since no one else wanted him because he was the biggest one." I replied.

LAnyways I shout get some sleep, let's go Chevy" I said and he ran up the stairs ahead of me.

----
First chapter done! Don't worry there is more to Caseys story but you don't find out till later.

MY SCHOOLS STARTS IN A COUPLE WEEKS!!! SOS

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.2K 1.5K 76
Harry Potter x female reader °。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。 Cedric Diggory has a younger sister named Y/n and she's starting her fourth year at Hogwarts. H...
188K 9.4K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
13.1M 434K 41
When Desmond Mellow transfers to an elite all-boys high school, he immediately gets a bad impression of his new deskmate, Ivan Moonrich. Gorgeous, my...
52.9K 2.2K 19
"Show me somethin' different once, I come from where there's no love." COPYRIGHT 23. #1 ATLANTA 05/01/2024 🏆