Wattpad Interviews

By Viviloana

A series of interviews with Wattpad writers. More

The Interviews
Annany
LeChatNoir82
Lady_Lucia
Sahealey
john_chan
jr0127
emilybenet
DeliriousMoon
DarknessAndLight
RitaMB
NathanALawson
EKShortstories
TomPowter
BrinMC
2ndborn
Makemeover
TrivStar
aspiringwritero
xxmajaine
TimNorwood
MiloshPetrik
authormiathompson
ChrisWell
Delphic
BehindTheNiqab
x_Luminous_x
Mizmouse
RobMay
EithneR (In Spanish)
SRomanova (In Spanish)
YoungAuthor02
mandystache
KatieSpektor
ELatimer
ElizabethSCraig
kseniaanske

DmitriRagano

75 3 0
By Viviloana

Interview: DmitriRagano

Author of "The Fugitive Grandma" & "Employee of the Year."

What can we call you (name)?

Dmitri

Where are you from?

I am from Pittsburgh. I have lived in Japan and California for the past 20 years.

What is your favorite hobby (besides writing)?

I like surfing the waves near my current home in Southern California.

Coffee or tea?

Coffee except when I am in Japan, then it’s definitely green tea.

Interesting Fact?

I used to interview movie stars for a living. It was a very hard way to make money.

What book(s) are you reading now?

“Salt Sugar Fat”, a non-fiction book by journalist Michael Moss on how the processed food industry is leading to a rise in obesity-related illness; “Odd Girl Out” by Rachel Simmons about bullying and aggression among teenage girls, My final book in this current cycle Sri Aurobindo’s “Essays in Philosophy and Yoga” a gift I received during a recent trip to India.

Who are your favorite Wattpad authors?

Moonboots has a very imaginative take on the horror/suspense genre. Her plots and writing style really grab you. Look forward to seeing where her talent takes her.

When and why did you start writing?

I’ve been writing since I was pretty young. I’ve done many types of work but none can provide the creative control and satisfaction of writing.

Is there a specific genre that you like to read/write?

I like mysteries, thrillers, science fiction and contemporary world literature. I try to write stories that combine my favorite genres.

What or who inspires you in your work?

I enjoy writing about what I call “unlikely heroes”, people who savor life and try to defy the odds.

Can you tell us a bit about your current story and why people would want to read it?

“The Fugitive Grandma” is a story of a boy and his grandma who rob the nation’s largest pharmacy chain.  I think people will enjoy the characters. Johnny and Stella are a little crazy but that’s what gives them the strength and courage to take on their adversaries.

Is there a message for your readers in your work?

Hopefully the story resonates with something in the reader’s life experience and world view.

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Enjoy writing about things that interest you and don’t be troubled by rejection or criticism... it’s a normal part of the process.

Is there anything else you would like add?

Thanks for this opportunity.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.8K 30 13
My horny thoughts I might do guides SMUT don't report, just block :)
200K 1K 33
This is a mix of different animes that have smut in them
138K 7.4K 82
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...