Fate Of The Twelve (Completed)

By thebadgirl05

Completed 'Big sister... I'm scared.' A little one whispered as we hid in a cramped alley, trying to escap... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Blacker than the night
Chapter 2: Portal
Chapter 3: Trouble
Chapter 4: the council
Chapter 5: first day
Chapter 6: Dumb
Chapter 7: the fallen
Chapter 9: Battle Start
Chapter 10: Battle for the throne
Chapter 11: Demon
Chapter 12: Oh no
Chapter 13: Earth
Chapter 14: Fall
Chapter 15: Generals
Chapter 16: encounter
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18: Unravel
Chapter 19: Nightmare
Chapter 20: white
Chapter 21: Visit
Chapter 22: please let me
Chapter 23: amidst the palm
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25: Zephyr's Best friend
Chapter 26: Trapped
Chapter 27: Waking up
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29: A dip in the 'pool'
Chapter 30: not again!
Chapter 31: scary kid
Chapter 32: Agony
Chapter 33: Painful goodbye
Chapter 34: fly
Chapter 35: Idris
Chapter 36: Snowmen
Chapter 37: Shall we?
Chapter 38: Imperial King
Chapter 39:
Chapter 40:
Chapter 41:
Chapter 42: cave?
Chapter 43:
Chapter 44: the demon queen
Chapter 45: heart beat
Chapter 46: not over yet
Chapter 48: Reflection
Chapter 49: the void
Chapter 50: Carving
Chapter 51: depart
Chapter 52: Captain Sparrow
Chapter 53: Three pairs
Chapter 54: Unicorn blood and Phoenix tears
Chapter 55: Sleep
Chapter 56: forgiveness
Chapter 57: yet another revelation
Chapter 58: merpeople
Chapter 59: visitor
Chapter 60: attacked

Chapter 8: Collapse

141 29 0
By thebadgirl05

       "Reading that book, what got into your head?" My little brother asked me as we sat in the dining hall, waiting for Leirum for us to begin eating in the dining hall.

        "Curiosity." Leirum who just came in answered the question for me. This guy has some habbit of appearing without a warning and saying something or answering a question.

        He walked and sat down at the end of the table. "You thought of what I said Yesterday and decided to research on it didn't you?" He asked me and all I could do was nod.

         Cyan was sitting by my right side, Kevin on my left. I don't know why but my head was throbbing painfully without a reason.

          "Let's not talk about it and just start eating already! I'm hungry!" Ryouta whined like a kid, making us laugh and we started eating.

         Pretty soon, the thoughts about fallen angels fell at the back of my brain. I had more important things to take care and prioritize as of now.

         Damn. Tomorrow is the duel yet I still can't stop downing myself. The hell? In every angle you make look at the situation you'll see big bold words screaming that it is impossible for me to win at all.

         As much as I wanted to be optimistic, I couldn't bring myself to do so. I'm in so much trouble and I don't know how to handle it.

        I only possess the power of telekinesis and that girl whom I'm supposed to fight has three. How am I supposed to win?!

      In no time, we were finished eating and we were about to break apart in the hallways when Rex spoke up.

          "Muriel. I have something to give you, Leirum specifically has something for you I mean." He stated and we all turned to look at him. I was curious as to what he has to say and what Leirum has to give.

       The first ranker was just standing between Rex and Cyan, he didn't seem to be in the mood to do the explaining so it was Cyan who did it for him while Rex had his eyes closed and just listened.

          "You see Muriel, Leirum observed that something was wrong about your hold of a sword and that it unbalanced you. A sword, It didn't seem the right weapon for you." The cyan haired guy explained, making my eyes wide open.

        So that was what felt wrong when we were training! The question is, how the hell did Leirum come to that deduction?

         "I just know it. Observing warriors and people who train with different kind of weapons, I would notice that." Leirum answered calmly. Yah! How did he know what I was thinking?!

            "Your expression is just pretty obvious." Is he a mind reader?

           "I am but I don't need to use that on you since your expression says all that is needed." Damn. This guy lies, he has got to be reading my mind.

          "I'm telling you, I'm not." He said irritatedly. Before I could speak to argue, Cyan continued on speaking.

         "As I was saying, a single sword isn't the proper weaponry for you." He stated. My forehead creased as I got a hint of where they were going to.

          "By the words a single sword, you're saying that I need more than one?" I asked questioningly.

           "You got it right. A twin sword is likely to suit you better." Rex continued on as he held two sheathed swords from somewhere. The hilt and the sheathe were exactly the same. Twin swords...

          "Here, try it out." He said and tossed the two unsheathed swords at me which I surprisingly caught perfectly.

          Looking at the two swords in my hand, the feeling of them in my hands felt familiar and nostalgia washed over me as I looked at the blade of one of the swords and saw my reflection on it. My head throbbed again at the feeling.

          "Let's try you out." Leirum said and attacked me with his sword without warning. Before he could cut off my head, I blocked it with the swords crossed together due to reflexes.

             I pushed him off and charged, trying to control the battle but he wouldn't even let me.

------------💙💙💙

         We just watched from the side as the two fought, and we can't help but be surprised at how swift and fast Muriel moved. She wasn't anything like Yesterday at all and it didn't look like she practiced just a few days with the sword.

          "Are you really sure she never held blades or any weapons before?" I asked Kevin as the others continued on watching the two fight. They were absorbed by the sudden change and I wasn't an exception.

          "No. She never did. All she did was play games on the computer." Kevin said and the others 'huh?' ed at this. He wasn't looking surprised though, which reminded me about something.

          "What are computers? Is it one of the humans invented?" Ryouta asked as he reached for some biscuits from his jacket to reach. This guy. Doesn't he get full? He always keeps eating, almost every minute, he's hungry. I'm surprised he ain't bloated and fat at all.

         "Yeah." Kevin uncaringly said as he continued her sister fight with the first ranker.

          "She's getting better and better in the short period of time they trained. Leirum may really be a monster after all, and Muriel might just be able to defeat Lydia with this kind of pace they're going." Leo thoughtfully said.

         "Talking about that, you were actually good with the spear,Kevin. Are you sure you never handled a weapon before? Because basing on your performance yesterday at our training, you were pretty familiar with how it's used and you even managed to pull up a few tricks and techniques." I said and gave him an inquiring look.

         It was the truth. He was good with that weapon. Also, he was learning fast and he didn't seem to have a hard time carrying and slashing a metal spear all about like it's weight didn't affect him at all. It was intruguing, how someone carried a weapon with familiarity when one didn't handle even a weapon before.

        "I don't know. I'm confused myself. But it felt like I've been playing other weapons but especially spear for a long time, Even if I haven't. It's strange." He admitted and I saw a far away look on him.

           "Whoa!" Alfreed and Antoinette blurted out and I looked back to where the two were. With a slight smirk as the others disbelievingly stared.

          Muriel had the end of one of her swords pointed at Leirum's neck but Leirum also had his, pointed on the girl's neck.

         "I-Is it a draw?" Harumi sputtered while staring, her mouth hung open in shock.

          "Leirum will never loose." I said confidently and as soon as the words left my mouth, the upper half of Muriel's swords were cut off, some of her shreaded at certain parts but Leirum was a monster. Good enough to cut cloth with jerky movements but with caution as not to cut the girl.

            "This guy is a monster!" Muriel blurted out and sat on the ground while catching her breath. Leirum rolled his eyes at this and sheathed his sword on his back as we went over to where they are.

       "Good luck finding a flaw on him besides his attitude." Cyan and I chorused as Leirum turned to give as a glare.

         "Awwww! You totally ruined my clothes!" The girl whined as she checked out her slashed clothes, shocked that she had obtained such many cuts on her clothes but none on her flesh.

         For the second time around, she muttered under his breath how much a monster the first ranker was.

            "I really have a long way to go, huh?" She said and brushed back her hair. Good thing she knows, she had too many openings that she actually gave Leirum tickets for her head.

            But considering the fact that Lydia isn't as powerful or as good enough to become a possible rival to Leirum, she may actually have a chance to win.

         She tried to stand up but I noticed that something was wrong.

       "My...head...hurts." Was all she said and her legs gave way. She collapsed on the ground, Leo managed to catch her but that wasn't what mattered now.

         Something whizzed past her head and hit the soil, Harumi managing to avoid it by jumping away, scowled at the familiar black tipped arrow.

          "Is my sister alright?" Kevin worriedly asked and knelt over to see how her sister was. If Muriel hadn't passed out or fell, she would've had obtained a graze on her neck. Tsk, that girl.

         "She just passed out." Leo answered and the ten year old boy breathed out a sigh of relief.

          "Lydia, Jack. You arrived earlier than expected." Mikael commented as I glanced at Leirum.

           "Of course. We wanted to see the foolish humans who dare challenge us." A firm voice answered and we all looked under the shade of a tree. A figure forming in the shadows.

        A girl with gray hair, deep green eyes and a girl in a royal blue cloak just like ours solidified, before us was Lydia. The shadow user.

         She gazed at Muriel with disappointment of having missed her target while we rolled our eyes at her.

          We really hate this girl. She's as evil as can be. It's a wonder, why she and Jack didn't transform to demons yet.

          "Lydia. Leave." Two words of warning from Leirum who was behind her and engulfed in flames and electricity made the new comer stop and freeze. Since when did he go there anyway?

          "C'mon, I just came here let me-----" Lydia didn't have the chance to finish her sentence as Leirum in all his wrath, used gravity manipulation to make the girl kneel before her, struggling to move and stand but you can't easily fight gravity at all.

           She hissed angrily, as she picked her last resort or she'll be crushed. "You will all pay for this. I'll kill this girl in battle if it's the last thing I do." She vowed, dissolving into Leirum's shadow over her.

            We know we should be worried for Muriel no because Lydia was not one to break a vow she has made, but we didn't expect the things that happened after.

            "Cyan!"
            "Leirum!"

        Everyone panicked as the two suddenly collapsed without warning. I quickly rushed over to the three as they layed the three side by side.

        If it was only the two that collapsed, I won't panick this way at all. But since Leirum collpased just the same, I couldn't think of a reason why. He was a strong guy. We all knew that. He wouldn't even allow himself to look weak in front of us so it was troubling.

         The three of them were having shallow breaths. Sweat beading on their foreheads and we effin dont know what to do.

        They don't have any sickness or ailments, that much I know since I'm a healer myself.

          "Carry the girl to the ward. I'll take care of Leirum myself. Violet and Antoinette, take Cyan to his room and I'll check up on him later, Kevin, go with your sister-------"

          Before I could effin finish my sentence though, Kevin collapsed on the ground.

         "What the hell is wrong with you guys?!"

---+---+💙💙

        "Damn. What the heck happened?" I confusedly asked as I sat on Leirum's couch, watching him sleep on his bed as I watched the steady rise and fall of his chest.

          I rubbed my forehead, trying to figure out what caused the four to suddenly collapse without warning and had a hard time breathing.

        Something strange occured and I couldn't find an explanation to it.

        I confronted Lydia myself. Going to such lengths such as to threaten her life as I wrapped her in a hellish ball of fire, for her to confess whatever she had done but to no vail.

         The girl swore that she didn't do it, that she did nothing. No one was stupid enough to lie to me when I know how to discern lies and truths.

          Strangely though, when I was gone at that interval, the guys decided to teleport the four to their own rooms since the best healers in school couldn't do anything about their conditions and when the four were apart, did they only seem to calm down.

          They were already fine when they were settled into their own beds. Did their distance from each other do the trick? Did being too close to each other affect them and made them ill? I just couldn't figure out what happened.

        I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Leirum groan in his sleep. When I looked up, a fiery red light shone on some certain parts of his body like they were embedded there. He was gripping the side of his bed as pain was etched on his face.

       His body was uncontrollably shaking, beads of sweat on his forehead. He gripped his head hard as a growl escaped his lips.

        I quickly strode over to him as the light grew brighter by the minute, following the strange marks on his body. I reached for a vial in my pocket, quickly removing the topper.

        "Leirum. Drink this." I said as I raises his head from his pillow. His eyes, half-opened very different from the usual color of his eyes, gone was the sapphire blue eyes with specks of gold as he looked at the vial on my hands and nodded while his fists clenched.

       I placed the vial on his lips, red blood liquid draining as he drank it all to the very last drop. Pretty much after it entered his system, he calmed down and he stopped shaking as he continued to sleep.

         Tsk. No one shall see him in this state other than Cyan and me. That guy is another problem. They call me kid and they're the ones who need to be take cared off. The bastards.

         I glanced one last time at Leirum before going out of his room. I need to check up on the other guy.

--------

          "Seriously? What came into their minds? It's Kevin's and Muriel's duel tomorrow." Antoinette said, annoyed as she slumped down on the sofa, tired out from helping Harumi teleport Muriel back to her room.

          "Violet. What do you think caused them to collapse?" Harumi asked me as she had her eyebrows knotted and a curious look on her face.

         "I don't know. Rex tried to force it out from Lydia but the girl is innocent so I have no ideas either." I replied as I bit some snacks that Ryouta shared. The mentioned guy was currently eating his own big bowl of snacks while looking at nowhere in particular. He might be wondering about it like us.

       "Other than that, they pretty scared the hell out of me when they began began shaking uncontrollably and gasping for their breaths." The red head, no other than Alfreed, stated while looking up at the crystal chandelier, hanging from the high ceiling.

        "Anyway, where are the boys? I don't see them here except Rex who now locked himself up inside Cyan's room." She asked and rolled on her stomach, her chin resting on her palms as she threw us a questioning look.

             "They went to fetch Muriel and Rex's armours and weapons for tomorrow's battle."

          "Oho? The fight's still continuing? Giving the part that the siblings passed out and the impression that Rex might have beat up Lydia, why won't they postpone it for now?"

          "Uhhh. Mind you Alfreed, Rex healed Lydia herself so that one was pretty much okay."

          "Seriously? That kid really has some personality disorders." Alfreed commented with a grimace. I nodded in agreement at that one.

         "But you know guys? I have a feeling that we'll be all surprised tomorrow."
---------💙💙

         Short update for now.

      You know the feeling that wake up today and find cat excrete on your bed and you this morning, the whole room stank of the smell?

          Well that literally happened to me and I swear that it's not pleasant at all, it ruined my mood. 😭😭😭

       Anyway, please vote, comment and follow.
        -thebadgirl05 at your service

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

287K 3.3K 29
I don't believe in miracles. Or in magic or fate. Or even that everyone has a soul mate out there. I believe in Reality. Parents murdered. Siblings...
1.5K 96 18
[COMPLETED] I covered Ally's mouth to keep her from making a sound. She whimpers lightly, on the verge of crying. I hug her, silently letting her kno...
32 0 19
"Monsters exist. Heroes died. Hell has taken over the world, put humans into slavery, killed men, women, and children, but there are still warriors...
103K 4.2K 38
"Mama!" I cried. "Akira, my sweet Akira." Her blood soaked hand seeped across my cheek. "Zero!" My friend, my closest friend, Zero the demon hound...