And Life Goes On. You Really...

נכתב על ידי HGPotter

Things go bad for Ron and Hermione's relationship. Will they get back together or stay broken forever? עוד

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Chapter 1

1K 23 9
נכתב על ידי HGPotter

Chapter 1

Hermione's POV

It's been 7 months since the battle. All of us decided not to go back to Hogwarts. Ron and Harry are Aurors, I'm working in the Department of Magical Creatures, and Ginny is one of the sub chasers for the Holyhead Harpies.

Ron and I are in his room at the Burrow. Every Sunday, we all come to the Burrow and have dinner. We just ate and Ron wanted me to come up to his room. He's been really distant for about 2 weeks now. I don't know what it is.

"What do you want to tell me Ron?" I said as I sat at the end of his bed.

"I don't think this is working out." He mumbled.

"What's not working out?"

"Us."

"What do you mean Ron?"

"I can't be your boyfriend anymore. I don't think this is going well."

I felt a tear go down my face. I stood up and ran down to Ginny's room. By the time I got down one flight of stairs I was sobbing. I saw Fleur start to come up the stairs probably to see what all of the pounding was. Right as I opened Ginny's door she got to the landing. I slammed the door, ran into Ginny's room and plopped onto her bed, sobbing into the comforter. Ron had just broken up with me. It had taken seven years for him to admit he liked me and 6 months later he broke it off.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs a few minutes later and then the door opened. I couldn't stop crying. The person came over to the bed and sat down next to me.

"Hermione?" Ginny whispered.

I kept crying. I couldn't stop. All of my emotions were coming out uncontrollably. I stayed curled up in a ball sobbing.

"What's wrong?"

I couldn't bear to say anything. All I did was sit up and lean myself against Ginny's pillows.

"What happened?"

I couldn't bear to say his name.

"H-h-e brok-ke up with m-m-e-e."

"Ron?"

I started sobbing even more.

"Y-y-eah-h."

"Moine, you'll be alright. Come here." Ginny said as she came closer and I leaned against her.

"I l-love him-m."

Ron's POV

Hermione ran out of the room. About 10 minutes later I went downstairs into the living room. Everyone except Hermione and Ginny were sitting and talking.

"Ron, what happened? We heard running and Fleur went up and checked and and then she told Ginny to go into her room." George said.

"Nothing." I mumbled as I sat down at the far end of the living room.

"What happened?" Bill said loudly.

"I said nothing!"

"That wasn't nothing. I saw Hermione run into Ginny's room, sobbing." Fleur said.

"What'd you do?" Harry said as he got up.

"NOTHING!" I yelled. I got up and ran back up to my room, to hide from everyone asking me questions.

Ginny's POV

'RON! I'M GOING TO MURDER YOU!' I screamed in my head as I sat with Hermione.

"Ginny?" Hermione whispered.

"What?"

"What did it feel like when Harry broke up with you? Before you knew he did it for your protection."

"It felt like someone had stabbed me. My heart shattered. But once knew why he broke up with me it wasn't that bad."

"I love him though! I don't know why he doesn't love me!"

"I'll find that out in a bit."

"What's that?"

"Someone is running up the stairs."

The noise got closer and then it faded again.

"I'm going to go out and see."

I opened my door and saw Bill coming up the stairs.

"What happened?" Bill asked as he stopped.

"Ron broke up with Hermione."

"WHY IN THE BLOODY HELL WOULD HE DO THAT?"

"I don't know. Neither does Hermione."

"Well I'm going to find out."

I heard Hermione start sobbing again. If Ron ever comes near me again I will murder him.

"Hermione? Do you want anything?" I asked as I sat back down next to her.

"N-no."

"Alright. I'll sleep on the campout bed. You can have my bed for the night."

"N-no, I c-can m-move."

"It's fine. You've been sleeping on this for months. You can use mine for a night or two."

"Thanks-s Gin-ny."

I got under the covers and I was asleep in about 10 minutes.

Hermione's POV

"Hermione? Are you awake? Mum's got breakfast ready." I heard Ginny whisper as she turned on the light.

I remembered that I had the day off and didn't rush to get out of bed.

"Yeah. I'm up."

"Come on."

I got up off the bed. I just remembered last night. A tear ran down my cheek.

"Are you alright Hermione?"

"I'm fine."

I wasn't fine. The love of my life just broke up with me last night and he probably didn't care about me.

Ginny and I went downstairs and sat at the table.

"Morning girls." Molly said as she put some food on the table.

I put some eggs and buttered toast on my plate. I wasn't really hungry so I took a few bits of toast and picked at my eggs.

I heard someone come down the stairs. It was Harry and- well, him.

"Morning." Harry said as he grabbed two pieces of toast, put bacon and eggs on it. "We've got to be at the Ministry in a few minutes. See everyone later."

Ron grabbed some toast and bacon and left.

"Hermione dear, are you alright? You look a little pale." Molly said as she sat at the table and got some food.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

"No your not Hermione." Ginny said as she took a sip of orange juice.

"I said I'm fine!" I said as I went into the living room and sat on the far end of the couch in the corner. I felt tears run down my face as I tried to keep them in.

Ginny and Molly came in and Ginny sat next to me. She wrapped her arms around me as I sobbed harder.

"Hermione, it's fine. You're going to be alright." Ginny whispered to me.

I looked up and saw Molly sitting in the chair across from me.

"What happened? I went to bed early last night." Molly asked, with a look of concern on her face.

I got myself to where I could talk without bursting into tears.

"R- he b-b-rok-ke up with m-me. I don't-t know w-why." I managed to say before I started sobbing again.

"I'm going to murder Ron when he gets home!"

"You will do no such thing Ginerva!" Molly said.

"Hermione, do you want a glass of water?"

"Y-yeah." I mumbled. I hadn't realized how thirsty I was until now.

Ginny got up and went into the kitchen.

"Hermione. Did you know that Arthur broke up with me at one point?"

"R-really?"

"Yeah. It was about a year after we graduated. He was interested in another girl but then about 2 months later he came to my flat and apologized. We got back together and now look where we are now."

"Hermione." Ginny said as she handed me a large glass of water.

"Thanks." I mumbled as I took a few sips.

"No problem."

"I'm going to go take a shower."

"Alright. I'm going to clean up breakfast then." Molly said as she got up and went into the kitchen.

I got up and went into Ginny's room. I got my clothes laid out and then got a towel from the cupboard. I got into the shower and turned on the hot water. It felt so good. About 20 minutes later I got out, dried my hair, put the usual charms on it, and then got dressed. Well, not really. I put on my deep purple sweats, and a blue fitted long sleeve shirt. I got my slippers on, grabbed A History of Magic, and went downstairs.

I sat on the couch and started reading.

"How many times are you going to read that?" Ginny said as she sat next to me.

"I don't know." I mumbled as I took another sip of water.

"So, are you going to be up to going to my game tomorrow night?"

"Probably, is R- he going?"

"No, he's got overnight training tomorrow night."

"Good."

"Girls, can you go and change Harry and Ron's sheets. I told them last night but I don't see them in the laundry."

"Yeah mum. We'll get them."

We walked up to his room. Ginny opened the door. It was messier than it was last night. I went and got Harry's sheets and Ginny got his.

"Done." Ginny said as she grabbed the dirty sheet.

"Coming." I said as I put the new sheet on.

We went back downstairs and put the sheets into the laundry basket.

"Thanks girls. Bill and Fleur are going to stop by at about 1 this afternoon."

"Alright Mum." Ginny said as we sat back on the couch.

We sat and talked, read, cleaned. At about 1 pm. Bill and Fleur walked into the front door.

"Anyone here?" Bill yelled as Ginny and I came into the dining room.

"Hey Ginny, Hermione."

"Hi." I mumbled as I went back into the living room.

"Bill! Fleur! Come into the living room!" Molly said.

"How are you Hermione?" Bill asked as he sat down.

"Fine." I mumbled as I opened my book and started reading.

"Hey, Ginny. We can go to the match tomorrow night."

"Cool. I have the tickets right here." Ginny said as she handed them each a ticket.

"Thanks." Bill said as he pocketed his ticket.

We sat and talked for awhile. I just sat and read and commented every once in awhile.

"We'd better get going." Bill said as he and Fleur got up.

"See you two later." Molly said.

"Bye." I mumbled just loud enough so they could hear.

"Bye!" Ginny said as she sat back on the couch.

"I'm going up to your room Ginny."

"I'll come with you then."

We walked up to her room and when we got in I sat on her bed. Ginny sat down right next to me and put her arm around me.

"So, I have news to tell you"

"What?" I asked. Curious about what it is.

"You can't tell anyone."

"Just tell me already."

"Fine. I'm a head chaser. I'm starting on tomorrow. Smith got injured and doesn't have to be out that long but she decided to retire!"

"Ginny! That's great!"

I actually managed to smile. I knew that that was Ginny's life goal. To be a head chaser for the Holyhead Harpies.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

1M 42.5K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
562K 34.4K 98
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
232K 5.7K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
4.7M 253K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...