Thanatos : The Red Dawn

By Devita33

((A Wattpad featured story)) *COMPLETED* #1 in Fantasy (Book #1 in the DAWN series) #greekmythology The Red... More

Thanatos : The Red Dawn (Book 1) Prologue
(1)Russet Shades
(2)Tuscan Red Rogue
(3)Wine coloured poison
(4)Tinted to Crimson
(5)Flamboyant Flame
(6)Morbid Maroon
(7)The Cardinal Sin
(8)Bloody Truth
(9)Rusted in Resistance
(10)Silhouettes in the Sunset
(11)Rosy Candle Light
(12)Sorrow-filled Vermilion Coast
(13)Scarlett Facades
(14)A Carmine Salute (Part 1)
(14)A Carmine Salute (Part 2)
(15)A Quaking Scarlet
(16)Hell is a Cherry Red
(17)Sour Raspberries
(18)Son of a Burgundy (Part 1)
(18)Son of a Burgundy (Part 2)
(19)Torn up in Red wine
(20)Coquelicot's Demise
(21)Coercing Coral Rivers
(22)Rosso Sognare (Part 1)
(22)Rosso Sognare (Part 2)
(23)Rosey Trance
(24)Ruddy Minds
(25)The lost Scarlet
(26)Cardinal Fix
(27)The Cherry-Sway
(28)A Red hunger
(29)A Dangerous Flame
(31)Sour Strawberries
(32)Forget the Bad Blood
(33)My Fire, My Fury
(34)Bribes, Burgundy and Bastards
(35)The Blushing Game
(36)Unforgiving Scarlet
(36)Unforgiving Scarlet (Part 2)
(37)Auburn and Outlandish
(38)Bordeaux Touch
(39)Ruby Camaraderie
(40)The Sunrise Theory
(41)Garnet Wine and Familiar Yearning
(42)A Carnelian Damsel
(43)Bloody Intrusion (Part 1)
(43)Bloody Intrusion (Part 2)
(44)Sweet Vermilion Dreams
(45)Pomegranate Pips (Part 1)
(45)Pomegranate Pips(Part 2)
Epilogue
Crimson Pieces- The Tales Book
FACTS
SEQUEL
1 Million

(30)A Plea in Crimson

32K 1.8K 978
By Devita33

"You're even more delicious than I could possibly imagine..."

A Plea in Crimson

When we arrived home late at night, my parents were fast asleep. All the lights in the house were off and as I looked up at the dark flight of stairs, my stomach knotted with angst. My bedroom was a few seconds away. Tonight I was sleeping in the same bed as the devil himself- and touching was contractually required...

Thanatos was behind me- standing like some kind of king; his legs apart and his shoulders broad and proud. With a few heavy steps he passed by me and continued up the stairs. It looked so high.

"Come, Aurora."

My eyes shifted from the top step to his eyes as he stood in the middle of the stairs. He looked tired. Could gods sleep? I never really did see him sleep when he was lying next to me a few weeks ago. It didn't bother me at the time, but tonight I silently prayed that he would fall into a deep slumber; so as to spare me some shame.

"You need to sleep away those dark circles." His lips twitched on the one side, but there was no sparkle in his eyes. He appeared cold; almost masked.

I didn't bother to respond with a snarky remark; I didn't exactly feel like talking. I lowered my eyes to the step in front of me and sighed inaudibly.

About time I took that first step.

We were in bed.

It was- weird.

I lay stiff; like a board. Not really knowing what to do in this situation. I've never been with a boy- um, well- man like this before. Yes, Thanatos had crept into bed with me a few weeks ago, but at that time it was impulsive. This time however; 'touching' could mean just about anything. And it wasn't just to be permitted, but mandatory.

That night he didn't try anything- well; that I know off- but tonight I had a feeling things were going to be different. If anything was abundantly clear it was the fact that Thanatos wasn't exactly patient. I was tense- naturally- but I also couldn't ignore the fluttering coming from my stomach. If he could make me moan with only his mouth- what else could he do? What could his hands do? His body?

This thought process wasn't helping.

Thanatos was lying next to me, but there was about a foot's distance between us. Was he doing this on purpose? Trying to make me nervous; to mess with me? What was he thinking? Was he thinking about me? About us?

I reached under the duvet to make sure my nightie hadn't slipped up. The air was warm, but a cool sea-breeze floated in from my balcony. The white moon was bright and everything was quiet; just the lull of the waves and a small cricket chirping outside.

"Thank you, for earlier."

I broke the silence.

My voice as soft. Thanatos didn't answer, and the silence that followed threatened to swallow my sanity whole. I felt like ducking my head between the pillows as the hollow sound stretched on.

On other occasions, when he was this close to me, the silence in the room was surprisingly comfortable and it felt easy being in his presence, but tonight it was different. He was acting more strange than usual.

Shouldn't he have tried to grope me by now?

I exhaled softly. Maybe I had it all wrong? Maybe his promiscuity was just a way to tease me. Perhaps he was just playing with me; like I was his new pet. And if so- why did that make me feel so empty inside?

The silence marched on...

I turned around, onto my side- my back towards him. I couldn't handle this electricity constantly assaulting me from the side. He must be feeling the density of the air too. It's not just me. It can't be...

"You were about to cry."

My breathing stopped.

Thanatos' voice was soft and unguarded, and without arrogance or authority. It sounded so different. So true, and raw.

I turned my head over my shoulder.

"I... Yes. I was frustrated."

I didn't bother with a lie. There were too many lies running around already. I couldn't keep track of them anymore.

A cool breeze blew through the curtains; causing them to sway and glide over the tiled floor. There was a silent hum of a car passing the house.

Thanatos didn't move or speak.

I turned my body over to face him and was momentarily frozen by how calm he appeared. So beautifully calm; the calm before the storm.

I propped my head onto my arm and fixed my confused eyes on the figure next to me.

His arms were behind his head and his eyes were trained on the moon, shining brightly through the open sliding door. The white, clear curtains fluttered in the breeze.

My eyes moved down from his distinct jaw-line to his bare, tanned chest. He certainly was a god...

"What does it matter?" I asked; my mind racing with numerous reasons for his strange behaviour- none of which made sense. Was he angry with me? Disappointed that I wanted to cry? Did he want me to solve the problem on my own and just let Trita be angry with me?

What was he thinking about right now?

"It doesn't." His raw voice cut through my thoughts."Or at least it shouldn't." It was soft, but I heard him mumble it to the moon.

I gulped.

What was he saying?

Did he care that I wanted to cry earlier? No... Why would he?

"Why did you make me forget? Back in the academy, when you-" I paused; not really sure what to say. Attacked? That didn't feel like the right word.

Thanatos stirred.

I suppose it was hopeful to think he'd answer me.

Could it be because he might have been ashamed? Guilty even?

I dropped my gaze to the sheet and grazed my fingers across the soft material.

This was probably the first night in a whole while that I was actually going to fall asleep in my bed again; considering for the most part of 2 weeks I've fallen asleep just about everywhere in the house trying to keep the nightmares at bay. Nothing helped.

I even tried sleeping in my parent's bed with my mother, while my dad was away on a golf trip with some friends of his. No luck. All I did was make her worry about me when I sprang up from the bed in a cold sweat screaming; 'Stop! Stop!'

I was trying to avoid sleep for the most part. I suppose sleep deprivation plays another key role in my weak state of mind and the lack of care for decisions and everything happening around me lately.

I was being silly.

I needed my sleep.

Maybe Conrad could help me figure out these dreams. I'm so sure they had to be part of this whole ordeal somehow...

All of a sudden, two fingers lifted up my chin and my eyes landed on a pair of brooding red orbs. His hot breath fanned onto my face and his body was suddenly so close to mine that it made the electricity surging between us feel like the hair on my arms were standing on end.

I was at a loss for words.

He didn't speak; just stared.

I blinked and gulped down some of my nerves. Was this another trick?

His eyes moved down to my lips. I parted them unconsciously...

"Do you enjoy this?" Thanatos' voice was soft, but the raw emotion was clear.

"What do yo-"

"Torturing me."

His eyes looked up to mine with such ferocity; which caused my shoulders to tense up. The fire in my stomach began to burn me from the inside.

I wish that he wouldn't play with me.

I didn't know what to say, so I just let his words linger. The air was boiling, and yet my skin felt like ice. His hot and bothered glare caused my insides to whither and melt. The air felt thick.

Thanatos kept his eyes focused on mine, but they were far from being intimidating. No, instead they pulled me in- and made me want to approach the creature behind them. It was a dangerous game, but, either from sleep deprivation or the sheer, primal pull of his appeal, I couldn't help but lean into his touch.

Like a lamb to slaughter; I pulled him closer until his neck collided with my lips.

Thanatos was shocked- to say the least. His hand shot out to stop me from smacking him, which is what he initially thought was running through my mind, but instead I'd gripped the back of his head and pulled it towards me to gain access to his neck. I wanted him to feel what he'd made me feel. I wanted him to know.

I tortured him? Well, guess what? He tortures me.

His strong hand stopped mid-air as he realised my intentions. My lips began to trace a path from his upper jaw down to his chest. Thanatos' breathing sped up and his hand swiftly grabbed the back of my head to keep my mouth planted onto his skin. I didn't mind. He smelt even better from up close.

A ragged moan escaped his lips.

It made the heat in my lower stomach rise and I parted my mouth slightly to nibble onto his skin. With another pull of his hands I was on top of him.

"You're such an asshole." I said as I cupped my legs around his and lowered my mouth onto his collar bone. It was hard and thick. I bit into it, causing him to groan in ecstasy.

With a dire sense of impatience, his hand shot up to push me further down onto his body; his arms like a sprung trap. I continued to kiss and suckle against the tanned skin along his neck until I reached the base of his throat.

"Aurora..."

His moans were filled with rampant pleasure and I struggled to keep him from suffocating me with his strong grip on my head and back. Against his throat I mumbled; "You're cruel, and you're selfish."

"You're judgemental and stubborn..." He responded; breathing just as hard as I was. He was losing control and I felt I had already lost mine the moment his hungry eyes had lowered themselves onto my lips. Fuck. I'm so screwed.

I couldn't deny it any longer.

He was utterly tempting- he was precisely what I wanted, but shouldn't ever have.

He wasn't as soft and sensitive like William. He wasn't open and generous like Dario. He was cruel, selfish, a jackass- he was arrogant and jealous and potentially psychotic, and yet I couldn't stop the growing heat in my body as he tumbled me over and crushed me under his massive build.

God, he was bad.

And I wanted bad.

I wanted bad so much!

"You're vindictive and you think the world revolves around you!" My voice cracked with a whimper as his sharp teeth assaulted my shoulder. Thanatos' breathing was hard and laboured, and I could feel his growing bulge press firmly against my hip.

His eyes were almost black; which only excited me more. I could feel droplets of sweat bead down the side of my temple. His hands gripped me down onto the mattress as his body rubbed against mine with a sense of urgency.

"You're frustrating and you're too proud to admit when you need help!"

I laughed; my mouth dry from the heavy breathing. Thanatos struggled to speak; his speech resembling that of a lion's groans. Our bodies kept moving in sync against each other's- each of us trying to claim dominance. His actions became rough, but carelessly enough- I encouraged it.

My voice broke through the series of moans and whimpers; "I'm proud? You're proud! And so obsessive!"

His hands clamped mine against the sheets; and refused to budge. His body locked down onto mine. I let the feeling of his muscled chest and legs fill me up and pleasantly suffocate me. Thanatos' face was suddenly right on top of mine; his eyes were dangerously dilated- a volatile black in the dark room.

His hot, musky breath made me want to pull him in and crush him against me.

Thanatos looked unhinged and the lust in my lower body grew double the size.

"You're fucking maddening..."

In an instant, his lips crashed onto mine and the rest of my worries- the university, the gods, my friends, my parents- it all just went up in smoke.

It was rough, but tender and his lips moulded against mine. He kissed me hard and with so much passion that it made me believe that this was the last time I'd see him, which only caused me to grab onto him with more aggression and press him onto me more than he already was. A matchstick couldn't fit in between us, but yet it still didn't feel close enough.

A growl escaped his lips and I pushed my tongue into his mouth.

"I want-" His teeth bit onto my lower lip; "-you."

My lip might've started to bleed, but that was the last thing on my mind.

I tried to reply, but his hands clamped around my jaw; preventing me from speaking. I felt the need in him- especially considering how close our bodies were. The swell in his tight pants was as hard as a rock. I blushed, but felt a deep feeling of pride knowing that I was the reason behind it.

"Fuck, Aurora..." His tone was husky and for the first time I heard him whimper; "I crave you. Fuck, I'm aching for you!"

I moaned at his words.

"You do things to me-... I can't-... Ugh!" His voice broke as I bit into his shoulder and grabbed a handful of his plump rear. He certainly had a ridiculously fine ass.

"You're all I want!"

His hands tried to pull me up towards him, but there was no more distance between us.

"Why?" I asked, not really sure why. Deep down I wanted to know why he found me so interesting. Why he kept coming after me. He was so deep in his lust filled trance that at first I wasn't sure he heard me, but then his red eyes- those red eyes- bore into mine with so much hunger that I thought I might just give him anything he wanted, right then and there.

"I just told you."

Both our breathing was hard.

"You're judgmental and stubborn. You won't let people help you and you're too independent- even to the point where you make others feel unwelcome. You're proud and you're critical. Trita was right; you're selfish sometimes, but without knowing it. You think you know best and you think you can save everyone, but meanwhile you can even save yourself from your own emotions! You're only pretending to be strong, because deep down you're sensitive and all you want is someone to tell you that they'll be there to protect you and care for you. But that's too unrealistic for you, because you think everyone is untrustworthy and you're better off alone."

I just stared at him.

He was... right.

So... right.

Every single word he said.

Spot on.

I blinked.

I didn't feel angry or remotely sad- I felt... pleased. Someone finally knew how I saw things. How I thought. My lips twitched up at the sides.

Thanatos didn't look at me with disgust or frustration; no. Instead his eyes were filled with something else- admiration.

He leaned in and delicately touched his lips to mine; the heat and electricity surging like a bolt of lightning; "That's why."

I didn't hesitate to kiss him harder than ever before.

I moaned loudly as he grabbed the duvet and pulled it over our heads; trapping in the darkness and the heat.

"I won't take you tonight, but believe me- there's only so long I can wait before I'll beg for it."

Thanatos- beg? I'd give a thousand wishes to see him beg for anything. Especially me.

"Not that I would give anything to you tonight, in any case..." I said while his lips attacked mine and my fingers raced across his hard chest and in his thick, black mane; the duvet still covering our sweaty, hot bodies.

He chuckled; "Naturally..."

"Beg for it." I said before I could stop myself.

His breathing hitched and his deep, red eyes found mine in the dark. At first I thought he was going to laugh in my face and tell me that I was supposed to be a prude, and should stop making such lewd suggestions, but his face become serious and his eyes bore into mine.

Thanatos' voice was like honey, but a deep tone of desperation peaked through his facade; "Please, Aurora, I'm begging you; let me give you pleasure. I need you. I've never had to plead for anything to anyone, but good Lord, I'm begging you; let me be your first. Do what you want with me... Please...Oh, please..."

I gulped.

My legs quivered.

No.

No.

No.

"No."

Good job, Aurora! Now just keep that little bit of resolve you have left and- oh, no! Why does he look so fucking hot when he's disappointed.

Not fair, not fair!

I'm sure he's great in bed- NO! You are not going to do this! You're sleep deprived and just plain horny! Get control of yourself!

But look at his face! Look at those eyes- those lips! Oh, damn- look at his hands! He's like a Greek god- Oh, wait... HE IS A GREEK GOD!

You know you want to do this!

No, you should not do this!

Dammit! Why are you always right?

"No, I'm sorry."

"Alright. I respect that, but next time you won't be able to resist. I promise."

His voice was too controlled.

Oh, he wanted it bad; more even than me. The thought of a next time made me tremble with fear and excitement. What has he done to me?

With the duvet still over us the heat was trapped in and the oxygen was getting low, but he didn't care as he lunged for my mouth.

"We'll see about that..." I said in between his assault on my mouth. Thanatos' hips kept grinding against mine, like he wanted to prove a point. He wanted me to change my mind and let him have his way with me, but I wouldn't let that happen- especially like this.

My fingers found themselves instinctively tangled in his thick hair again. His quiet chuckle at my words made his chest vibrate; causing the thin straps from my nightie to slide down even further. We were playing a dangerous game. It was one thing to say 'no', but it's an entirely different thing to enforce it.

My hand reached downwards to pull at my nightie that had risen up. Thanatos' large hand grabbed mine before it could reach down and placed it on the side of my upper leg. His lips moved down to caress my neck, which gave me some time to breath.

Slowly, he traced a finger down and back up my bare leg and I could feel my hand on the side of my thigh tremble. It didn't help my slipping resolve that he was positioned in between my legs. A hard bulge nestled agreeably at my centre- wiggling around causing my blood to boil and my whimpering to grow louder.

Thanatos' one hand kept travelling up dangerously close to my underwear, his other hand was at the back of my neck- holding me down.

I grabbed the back of his head with my other hand and pushed him down onto my collar bone. As his hand went down again and slowly back up- I quickly grabbed it just before he reached my underwear and lifted it to my face. He grumbled a bit, but I quickly shut him up as I began kissing his knuckles and his palm. Shallow breathing stumbled from his lips as his eyes looked up to mine in the dark.

With my skin scorching hot and damp I wondered how long we'd been under the cover of the duvet. Not that I minded...

"I should sleep..." I said as he lifted his face up to mine and proceeded to rain down tender kisses onto my forehead and temples.

"Hmm..." He mumbled against my skin as his lips reached mine; "You should..."

I couldn't help but laugh against his lips as they teasingly pecked at mine.

"Well then get off."

I didn't want him to- I really didn't want him to, but tomorrow was a big day for me and I needed all the energy I could get. Then again, the way his stubble tickled my cheeks was awfully electrifying.

"How about you just close your pretty eyes and go to sleep while I stay right here and continue with my mission."

He thought my eyes were pretty?

Wait, 'mission'?

"What mission?" I asked as his lips carried down to my jaw. He carefully lifted up my hand and brought it to his mouth. Slowly, he trailed hot kisses down the back and up my wrist. Goosebumps trailed all the way from my arms down to my legs.

"To kiss every part of you; obviously..."

I blushed by the way in which he said 'every'. The heat in my body grew and I tried to laugh off my embarrassment. Thanatos has this way with his words that made everything sound so sensual and delicious. I tried not to think of where he'd want to kiss me next...

Suddenly, his hand was back down by my thigh. He began to knead my upper leg with his strong hand; causing my breathing to hitch in my throat.

A few weeks ago; I'd be throwing a tantrum if he ever tried anything remotely like this with me, but tonight- I couldn't get enough.

"Relax..." Thanatos voice was soft, like a whisper. I placed my fingers under his chin to lift it up from the base of my throat. He was getting dangerously low and closer to my chest.

"I'm going to sleep."

The amount of effort it took to say those four little words made my joints compress, and the blood in my veins screamed out at him to continue- and never stop.

A small smile played on my lips and I tried not to show him what his hand on my leg was truly doing to me inside. Thanatos' smirk was knowing and seductive; "But I haven't had enough of you yet."

Focus! Focus...

This man is the devil.

How can that sentence be so sexy?

"That's too bad."

Well done! You formed a coherent sentence and you didn't take your panties off in the process!

A round of applause, please!

Thanatos examined my face for a moment; his red eyes full of hunger. Deliberately, he leisurely trailed his hand up from my leg, over my stomach, in between my breasts and finally onto my neck. I shivered.

The heat in my centre vibrated and I had to suck in a shaky breath to stop myself from pushing my breasts out towards him.

His smile was predatory and suddenly I felt trapped- but I liked it.

"You're even more delicious than I could possibly imagine." His hoarse voice was laced with desire. With deliberate slowness he leaned in until his mouth was next to my ear and his tongue darted out like a snakes' to catch my earlobe; "And believe me..."

His hands clamped onto my upper arms forcing me into the soft mattress.

"I've tried..."

A growl erupted from his mouth and I whimpered in silence as my throat dried up while the rest of me felt immensely wet.

I tried to run my fingers through his messy hair, but I was pinned to the bed.

"You'll sleep like this tonight."

I gulped as his voice was back to being strangely controlled. How easily he put on a mask to hide his hunger. And then with just one little spark; his facade dropped.

Normally I would be up in arms about being ordered to do something, especially from a man like Thanatos, but then again; there are no men like Thanatos and I was more than happy to sleep like this- with his body pressed against mine. I rolled my eyes in fake annoyance, but a small smile played on my lips.

"At least take the duvet from our heads; I can hardly breath."

"Later," He said as he made himself comfortable; sliding his heavy legs over mine and trapping me in a makeshift cocoon; "But for now I want to keep you to myself for a little while longer..."

How could he do this to me? How could he make me want to just give up and do whatever he wanted of me?

The things he said- they were either completely sexy, but vulgar, or they were loving, but still suggestive. My resolve couldn't handle it anymore.

Thanatos' hands released my arms, and one arm wrapped around my waist and the other around my neck. He pressed me towards him, not too tightly, but tight enough for me to feel all of him.

I placed both my hands on his bare back and tightened my hold. His face lowered onto mine and I welcomed his lips with my own yearning mouth. We kissed for what felt like an hour, but I was still left wanting more.

"If you think that after tonight I'm going to just do whatever you like; you're wrong. I still don't trust you or your intentions." I said as our tongues danced together and our breathing mixed.

"Well, angel... If you think that after tonight I've had my fill; you're just as wrong."

Thanatos bit onto my lower lip and groaned appreciatively as I bit onto his;
"Prepare yourself, because I'm only getting started..."

Thanaura?

Auranatos?

Hmmm.... So many good couple names.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Leave a comment and a vote! Xxx :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.9K 6K 57
*BOOK 6 *Warning- Do Not Read if you have not read The Red Dawn first. The tale of dawn takes a dark turn as events of the past are reconstructed an...
565K 11.5K 33
He's known to be like the devil, that's how he got his name. A cold hearted killer. People vanish when they see his presence, but scream when they do...
13.6K 1.4K 33
WATTYS 2023 SHORTLIST Cara, a troubled college dropout, finds herself slowly falling for a handsome stranger - who turns out to be Death incarnate. B...
1.1M 61.8K 66
(Book 3 in the #dawnseries) *COMPLETED* The time for the ascension is near... After months of tireless training, a handful of harrowing experiences a...