Sweet as Honey (An OHSHC FanF...

By BubblesTheHippo

Honey meets a new girl. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Ch 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
BONUS!!!!!!

Part 36

1.1K 40 8
By BubblesTheHippo

I led Ryota through the halls silently, back down to the first floor to an area slightly concealed by the staircase. "This should be alright."

"Did you really have to walk this far?" Ryota asked with a disbelieving smile. "This school is huge, man, like a mansion."

"Yup, and this is only the high school building too." We faced each other. Suddenly I was nervous and unsure of what to do. "Um. You-You go first!"

He shuffled his feet for a bit, glancing around wildly. "Well, um, you've really changed, huh?" "How?"

He stared at me and then gestured. "I mean, like, look at what you're wearing! A skirt? I swear I've only seen you in the school uniform's skirt."

I smiled at the memories. "Yeah cause it's really impractical to wear a skirt when fighting. We could have gotten ambushed at any moment. Besides, Mom kinda took away all my jeans. This hoodie is actually my sister's. I had to sneak it out." I tugged on the bottom of the hoodie.

"You really... We really don't know anything about you. You didn't tell us anything." Ryota said. His face seem contorted with mixed emotions: pain, confusion, regret. "I didn't even know you were the heir to Hayashi Sweets until this year. I've seen Hayashi Sweets stores before, and all my life, they've been this luxurious shop selling sweets that I could never imagine to eat. A-And, all along, you were the heir to it? You'd be the- the owner of every Hayashi Sweets store in this world! I mean, how bizarre is that?"

I was pretty sure that was a rhetorical question. But what he was saying didn't make any sense. "What do you mean I'm the heir, Ryota? I'm not the heir. My sister is."

He looked up and blinked in thought. "But Akane said you were the heir."

"Huh? How is that possible? I-I'm the youngest one. My sis would have to die or something for me to inherit the company."

"Ugh, who cares?" He ran a hand through his hair, looking frustrated with his eyebrows furrowed. He wouldn't meet my eyes. "What I was trying to say, Rika, was that.. you didn't tell us anything. Those rich brats back there probably know more about you than we do. And they've only known you for less than half a year! A few months at most."

"They're not brats! And I've known Kyoya since I was a little kid. And they didn't know a thing about middle school until I told them this morning." I said incredulously. He was being ridiculous and rude.

"The school has three million yen couches! They all own limos! How are they not rich brats?" "Okay, so they're rich. But they're good people-"
"You say that about everyone!" Ryota said.
"No I don't!"

"Yes, you do!"

"No-" I closed and opened my mouth a few times. The two of us had always argued quite often. I sighed. "Ryota, you..."

He sighed. "Fine, sorry."

He wasn't sorry at all, but saying that wouldn't help the situation. Even after all these years, he was a button-pusher. Well, what had I expected him to say in the first place?

"Then, Rika, are you really dating that one guy? Honey whatever?"

"It's just Honey. And, actually, he's not really my boyfriend, and the Host Club isn't supposed to know."

"Wait what?" Ryota grabbed my arms. "Say that again!"

"Mitsukuni's not my boyfriend." I lowered my voice. "We're pretending in an attempt to get my mom to cancel this stupid arranged marriage."

"Woah, woah. What?! Arranged marriage?"
"Ryota! Keep it down! Do you want-"
"What do you mean by arranged marriage?" He shook me a bit. "Tell me, Rika!"

"Look, calm down! Lots of rich families do this! They get their rich children together, plan out a marriage, and make them marry each other! Then rich people get richer! Look, the guy is annoying okay? I really don't want to marry him, so Mitsukuni and I are pretending to date. But it's not working. Mom thinks it's fake."

"Then why are you even still dating him?"

"Cause..." My face heated up, and I stared at my shoes. "I-I li-like him. Besides, it's not like anyone's really supposed to know!"

Ryota let go of my arms and stepped away. I glanced up at him. There was a slight frown and a bitter look in

his eyes. "Uh, Ryota?"

"Damn it. You've changed too much, Rika!" He slammed a fist against the wall. "I never would have expected

that I'd see you, arrogant Crazy Red, blushing and stammering about a... guy! And he looks like that too!" "Arrogant Crazy Red? And what do you mean he looks like that? Don't you dare say anything rude about

Mitsu-"

"Why did Yuuta have to be right?" He ran another hand through his hair. Bits of it stood up, and I liked the familiar sight.

"Can you please explain?"

Our eyes met and he sighed. "Did you ever..." He swallowed, and I saw his Adam's apple bob. It was much larger. I'd barely noticed it in middle school.

We both stood there silently for a brief moment. Silence had always been comfortable between the two of us, but now it was oppressive.

I bit my lip, alone with nothing but my racing heart and flopping stomach. It'd never gone this fast. What if I got a heart attack? And died? Okay, now I was just being stupid. But my stomach wasn't being very nice right now. What did I want him to say?

"Rika," Ryota said, starting towards me. Now that it was quiet again, his voice echoed loudly in these large, empty halls. "I-I, uh, did you ever, um."

I met his gaze, waiting patiently.
"Did you ever, uh, li-li-li-"
Uh oh. I think I know what he's trying to say.

"Like me!" He finally burst out and stared into my eyes with strong conviction. "Uh, did you? Ever? During middle school? I-I mean, it's fine if you didn't, I just-" He chuckled fakely, and I could tell this was tearing him apart from the inside.

"Ye-Yes!"

His eyes widened. "What?"

"I d-did like you!" I had to force the reluctant words out. "In middle school, from like our second year and all way to high school." I probably would still like you if I hadn't met Mitsukuni, but I'm not going to say that. My face burned from embarrassment.

"Really?"

I nodded, keeping my eyes glued to the floor.

"I liked you too." His voice was soft and quiet, different from his usual indifferent attitude. "A-A lot."

I could feel myself burning an even brighter red. My heart was speeding up too. Agh, Ryota stop it! I had to force myself to swallow, but my throat was dry. "I-I... wish I had said something."

"Me too," Ryota said. I saw his foot take a step closer to me and then another. I had to swallow and keep myself from running away. What was he doing? "Hey, Rika?"

I had to look at him. I had to. I slowly raised my head up to meet his steady gaze. His eyes seemed warm and tender. "Y-Yeah?" Oops, my voice just cracked. I cleared my throat hastily.

"Can I... have a hug?"

I blinked. That was definitely something I would never have expected Ryota to ask. A small smile broke out. "Of course." I reached over to him.

He pulled me into him, arms wrapping around my shoulders. I'd always thought shojo mangas drew hugs strangely. The guys always go for the shoulders, instead of the waist. But maybe they were true?

I hugged him back with a small smile. "Damn you're tall, Ryota."
He laughed, and I joined in. "And you're really small, Rika."
"Well, excuuuse me, Princess, for not growing an inch." I said with a giggle. He seemed to stiffen. "That was strange."
"What was?"
"That girly giggle."
"You'll have to get used to it."
He arms tightened around me. "I've missed you."

"Same."

"But you actually missed Akane more, right?"

I smiled. "You know me so well, Ryota."

He sighed. "So it is true." Ryota pulled away, and I let him. "You like Akane more than me." He looked away, a sign of disappointment evident through that small frown-like pout.

"You're so cute, Ryota!" I blurted out with a happy grin. He glanced at me with an alarmed gaze. "Sorry, it's just that... well, you're just too cute."

"Don't describe a guy as cute!" He said, blushing.

"You're blushing though! How is that not cute? Besides, I like cute guys so..." I shrugged. "Sorry, it's my personal preferences."

"Rika!" It looked as if he was making those _ faces, so my grin only widened. I punched him in the shoulder, hard.

"You're so easy to tease, Goofy. Come on, let's go back." He pushed me gently. "You really do still punch hard."

"I would be pissed if I couldn't, and you can punch me if you want." I said, as we made our way back up the stairs.

"I'm not going to punch you."

"Why not? Just cause I'm a girl?" I grinned at him.

He rolled his eyes. "Please."

We were silent the rest of the way through. I could just see the doors to Music Room 3 up ahead, when suddenly I felt something warm and strong wrap around my neck.

"Ryo-"

His head fell onto his arms, right next to my head, and I swore my head just went boom. My face flared. I had to bite my lip to keep myself from squealing. "Ry-"

"Please, this is the first time I've seen you in years. Let me stay like this for a while. Let's not go back for a while."

I relaxed myself, just a bit, but it was hard with Ryota hugging me from behind. Wow, it's the famous back hug! "Okay." I leaned back into him. This wasn't that bad. It was nice. It was warm. Actually, I loved it.

"What are they going to talk about?" Honey asked, trying to hide his nervousness. The twins were occupied talking to the 3 Musketeers, while Tamaki and Haruhi were chatting with Yukari and Suzaku. Kyoya and Eiji had somehow struck up a conversation, though Honey couldn't tell what they were talking about from where he was.

Suddenly four faces sprang into Honey's view.

"So you're the famous Haninozuka Mitsukuni," Akane said, crossing her arms. "It's Goofy and Rika's business what they're talking about. So, sit down, and let us grill you."

"Akane, should you really be using the word grill?" Mina asked hesitantly. Mikiya stood next to her, his hand laced through hers.

"Please just go along with this, Honey-san." Yuuta pleaded. "You don't want to cross Akane's bad side."

Akane glared at him. "Hush, Yuuta-kun. Go sit somewhere else. This is for the three of us to deal with." She looked like she was preparing to beat someone up.

Honey nodded, sitting down quickly. "G-Go ahead then."

Mina smiled. "Don't worry, Honey-san. We won't hurt you. If we did, Rika would be mad at us. But, well, you know how when the boyfriend goes to eat dinner with the girlfriend's family? The girlfriend's family then, um..."

"Grills," Akane said.

"Yeah, grills the boyfriend to make sure he deserves her." Mina smiled brightly.

"We're, um, like Rika's second family!" Mikiya piped in. "So, we're uh-"

"Going to grill you," Akane said, looming over Honey.

He managed not to squeal, or scream, or anything that might betray fear. He really hadn't expected Akane to be this scary.

"Mitsukuni," Mori said, appearing by his side. "Are you okay?"

Honey nodded. He had to prove his worth to Rika's closest friends. "Please go ahead, then, Barton-san, with the, uh, grilling."

Akane smiled. "My pleasure. Answer these questions quickly now. What's your favorite color?" "Uh, pink!"
"Favorite food?"
"Cake!"

Akane stared at him. Her blue eyes were sharp and surprisingly bright. Was she disappointed? "More descriptive answers please. What's your favorite sport?"

"Um, martial arts?"

"Why is that a question? Favorite animal?"

"Bunny!"

"Favorite color?"

"Light pink!"

Akane nodded. Did she like him more now? "Favorite food then?"

"Any cake that Rika bakes!"

A small smile appeared. "Okay, when's your birthday?"

"February 29th!"

"Wow, leap year?" Mina said. "That's pretty cool!" Mikiya nodded in agreement.

"Favorite kind of chocolate?"

"Milk chocolate!"

"Hm," Akane said. "Any siblings? Who are they?"

"One younger brother called Yasuchika!"

"How tall are you?" "Four feet eleven!"

"Stop saying everything in such an excited manner. What's that in centimeters?" "Um, 148 centimeters."
Akane nodded. "What's 28 times 15?"
"Akane," Mina said. "Who could possibly know that?"

"Fine then. What's 17 times 17?" "Uh, 289... I think."

"Have some more confidence in your answers. You're correct." Akane then turned to Mina and Mikiya. "Any questions on your side?"

The two shrugged. Then Mina smiled. "Yes! Honey-san, why do you like Rika?"

Urk. Honey blushed and stared at his shoes. "Sh-She's really nice and cute. And she's very friendly, outgoing, sweet and fun. She bakes the best cakes ever too! And she's really considerate and pretty-"

"That's enough." Akane said, holding a hand up to stop him. "What do you think you can do for Rika? The best thing you can do for her."

"Um," Honey stared down in thought. Was this a trick question? He had to answer this one carefully. "Um. Stay by her side at all times?"

"Didn't I say to have more confidence in your answers?" Akane thundered. Honey nodded hastily. "Yes!"
Akane sighed. "Anyway, wrong answer. Try again."
Wrong? How could he possibly have answered that question wrong?

"Think about what Rika wants and needs, and what you can give her." Akane said. Her arms were still crossed.

"I can protect her." Honey replied. "From those kidnappers, and I can make sure she's always smiling." He smiled. That'd be nice, if he could always make her smile. He turned to Akane, waiting to be scolded some more, but was instead greeted by a soft smile.

She nodded. "Good answer. Well, it's not like we can really do anything about it. I'm sure Rika has a good

She nodded. "Good answer. Well, it's not like we can really do anything about it. I'm sure Rika has a good reason for picking someone like you." Her hand reached out and Honey tensed. Then something gentle patted his head. Akane's smile widened, and there was a quiet giggle. "And you have soft hair."

"Yeah, about that kidnapping thing," Mikiya said, as Akane withdrew her hand. "Can you tell us the details? We don't really get what's going on."

"Right, you guys should know," Honey nodded. The four gathered around him as he explained the events.

Rikuto saw half the gang encircling Honey and turned towards the twins. "Hey, Hikaru, Kaoru, do you think Honey-san and Rika make a good pair?"

"Duh," The twins replied, arms slung around each other. "They both love each other but they won't admit it." The 3 Musketeers exchanged glances. "But I thought they were already dating," Rikuto said. "Aren't they?" "Wait, what?!" The twins yelled. "They're dating?"
"Dating?!" Tamaki heard and sped to the group's side. "What's going on?"

"Tamaki-senpai, you're as much of a gossip hound as a stereotypical housewife is." Haruhi mumbled, following behind.

"Don't you want to know what they're talking about?" Tamaki asked her with wide, excited eyes. She just shrugged.

The idiot trio turned to the 3 Musketeers. "Care to explain?" Hikaru asked.

Kenta shrugged. "We heard from Mikiya that Honey and Rika were dating."

"What really?" Tarou gaped. "How come I didn't-"

"What is this?!" Tamaki flew over to Honey and grabbed his arms. "Honey-senpai, you have a girlfriend now?!"

"Um, yes," Honey replied. He stared up at Mori, who was standing behind the couch. Honey had told Mori the situation, the whole fake dating thing. It seemed like things were starting to get complicated. If they were really dating, would they want the Host Club to know? How should Honey respond in a situation like this? He wasn't sure anymore.

Then the door flew open and Rika stepped in, as red as a strawberry. She cleared her throat. "So, do you guys want some cake?"

The room fell silent.

"You're dating Honey-senpai?" Tamaki squealed.

"Wow, finally!" The twins said. "Took you two long enough!"

"Congrats, Rika-senpai, Honey-senpai." Haruhi smiled.

"It's this pipsqueak?" Suzaku pointed at Honey. "I heard you had a boyfriend but it-"

Yukari shoved him aside and smiled sweetly at Honey. "You better take good care of my little Rika, dear, or you'll regret it."

"Wow, Rika!" Rikuto said. "Why would you pick a guy like him? Is he that great? I thought you had high standards. Do you two really match that well?"

"Of course she'd pick someone like him." Kenta said with a smirk. "Look at their heights. They match perfectly. Plus, isn't he some great martial artist or something?"

"How come I didn't know Rika had a boyfriend?" Tarou demanded.

"What is going on?!" Rika yelled, silencing the room.

"Since when were you two dating?" Akane asked.

"Um, several weeks ago? A few weeks ago?" Rika replied, trying to recall the precise date the two went to the amusement park.

Ryota sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. "This is getting annoying."

Honey had barely noticed what the others were saying. His attention was latched on the fact that Rika and Ryota had come in, both blushing profusely.

He stood up and walked to her side briskly. "What happened, Rika? What did you guys talk about?" Rika met his gaze and then shook her head. "Nothing. You don't have to worry about it."
"Rika, aren't you going to tell them?" Ryota asked, grabbing her shoulder.

Don't touch her, Honey thought, feeling a strange sense of irritation nagging at him. He didn't like Ryota. He didn't like seeing Ryota with Rika.

"Tell them what?" Honey asked with a bright beam. It appeared a bit wobbly to Rika though.

"Mitsukuni?" Rika said, tilting her head in concern.

Ryota nudged her to the side, and said, "You guys aren't really dating. Do you even like her?"

"Ryota, shut up!" She said. She pushed Ryota back as fear squirmed into her heart. A fight was the last thing she wanted.

He swivelled his gaze onto her. "Aren't you going to tell them? You don't mind them thinking that you guys are really dating?"

"What do you mean?" Akane asked in unison with Tamaki and the twins. Everyone gravitated towards them in curiosity.

"It's, um," Rika glanced at Honey for help, but his eyes were glued on Ryota.

"It's fake," Ryota said. "They're faking a relationship to try and stop her mom from making her marry some dude."

"What?!" Akane demanded, shoving everyone else to the side. "What's going on, Rika? What marry some dude?"

"It's an arranged marriage, Akane," Rika said weakly. "I can't do anything about it."

"But," She glanced at Honey. Then she leaned towards Rika's ear and whispered, "Do you actually like him though? Honey?"

Rika nodded, as a faint pink color appeared on her cheeks. Akane sighed. "This is like Minnie and Mickey all over again.

"What do you mean?" Mina asked.
"I'll tell you guys later." Akane replied.

Like Minnie and Mickey all over again? Rika thought. Her mind swirled at all the various meanings it could hold. Does that mean that... that Mitsukuni likes me? But...

"I knew I shouldn't have come." Ryota said loudly. "I'm leaving now." He walked quickly out of the room. "What? Ryota, no!" Rika chased after him. "Come back here, you idiot!"

Honey took a step to follow when an arm stopped him. "Stay here, Honey." Akane said. "Let them have their time."

Honey pouted, sitting down. "Why wouldn't she tell me what happened?"

Mina and Akane exchanged glances. "You know, Honey-san," Mina said with a small smile. "Rika is a person who believes in equivalent exchange-"

"Now's not the time!" Tamaki interrupted, flailing his arms in the air. "Someone explain what is going on! What arranged marriage?"

Kyoya sighed. "Allow me to explain, Tamaki." He gathered the confused to properly explain the situation.

Mina waited until the others were quietly listening before continuing. "Rika is a person who believes in equivalent exchange-"

"WHAT?!" The twins shrieked. "They're faking when-" They were silenced quickly, and Mina sighed.

"Anyway, equivalent exchange when it comes to information." Mina said hurriedly. She saw Honey's confused expression and rushed to explain. "What that means is that she doesn't like to tell someone everything about her without knowing the same amount of information about that person. Do you understand?"

Honey nodded. It was true that he hadn't told her that much about himself.

"Basically, for her to tell her about something as personal and important as this," Akane said. "You have to tell her something on the same level."

"Or you could confess to her," Mina said brightly with a grin. "That'd fix all the problems." "Not necessarily. I just hope I don't have to play Cupid again." Akane muttered.

"It wasn't that bad was it?" Mikiya asked in concern. She shot him a pointed stare until he hung his head. "Sorry, we're hopeless."

"We are not!" Mina said hotly.

As some small quarrel began, Honey's attention was fixated on the opened doors. Where had those two gone? What were they doing now? He stood and walked, numb to all the other loud noise, towards the door.

Now that Ryota had appeared, Honey had realized something. Rika could slip out of his fingers far more easily than he'd ever known. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 5.7K 33
•Fanfiction• The Ouran highschool host club suddenly has a new member entrusted to them. The principal is a friend of the wife of Pubert Addams. Thei...
62.6K 2K 18
Hey, This is a request from @Ekatrice19 She wanted Ouran Highschool Host Club! So, you are a new girl at school. Your story is like Haruhi's: Commone...
182K 4.6K 44
Ouran Academy, an elite school filled of with the kids of the elitist Japanese kids and a hand full of scholarship students. As Haruhi Fujioka stumb...
108K 2.7K 28
A girl who dances to the emotions she feels, instead of the music that plays. She is alone and is afraid to be happy. This lovely maiden is famous fo...