Fate Of The Twelve (Completed)

By thebadgirl05

Completed 'Big sister... I'm scared.' A little one whispered as we hid in a cramped alley, trying to escap... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Blacker than the night
Chapter 2: Portal
Chapter 3: Trouble
Chapter 4: the council
Chapter 5: first day
Chapter 6: Dumb
Chapter 8: Collapse
Chapter 9: Battle Start
Chapter 10: Battle for the throne
Chapter 11: Demon
Chapter 12: Oh no
Chapter 13: Earth
Chapter 14: Fall
Chapter 15: Generals
Chapter 16: encounter
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18: Unravel
Chapter 19: Nightmare
Chapter 20: white
Chapter 21: Visit
Chapter 22: please let me
Chapter 23: amidst the palm
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25: Zephyr's Best friend
Chapter 26: Trapped
Chapter 27: Waking up
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29: A dip in the 'pool'
Chapter 30: not again!
Chapter 31: scary kid
Chapter 32: Agony
Chapter 33: Painful goodbye
Chapter 34: fly
Chapter 35: Idris
Chapter 36: Snowmen
Chapter 37: Shall we?
Chapter 38: Imperial King
Chapter 39:
Chapter 40:
Chapter 41:
Chapter 42: cave?
Chapter 43:
Chapter 44: the demon queen
Chapter 45: heart beat
Chapter 46: not over yet
Chapter 48: Reflection
Chapter 49: the void
Chapter 50: Carving
Chapter 51: depart
Chapter 52: Captain Sparrow
Chapter 53: Three pairs
Chapter 54: Unicorn blood and Phoenix tears
Chapter 55: Sleep
Chapter 56: forgiveness
Chapter 57: yet another revelation
Chapter 58: merpeople
Chapter 59: visitor
Chapter 60: attacked

Chapter 7: the fallen

160 30 2
By thebadgirl05

   Cyan

"Waaaaahhhhh! Enough for now! I'm beat!" The poor human girl shrieked and fell down laying on the ground, well, if she even is a human.

"Leirum really is a monster isn't he?" Antoinette chuckled beside me. We were watching how Leirum planned to make Muriel stand up at least against Lydia through his own personal training excercise which was akin to hell already.

"Well, he doesn't want his name shamed. That's the least thing a proud man like him would want,right Cyan?" Leo added and threw me a look. We couldn't agree more to that.

"If Muriel looses without a fight, she'll come out in a really really bad shape but if Leirum manages to teach her well, at least she can come back with just bruises and some wounds...hopefully." I nervously pondered as I bit my nails and looked around.

Other students were also watching, of course, mocks and taunts couldn't be avoided as they pointed out how full of flaws Muriel are. And Alfreed being the most short tempered girl I have ever met, lashed out and told them off with piercing glares.

Antoinette and I couldn't help but shake our heads because of her actions. Well, that's Alfreed for you. She is a weilder of the element of fire, her ability tells all about her and fire wielders really were the impulsive and hot headed ones.

"C'mon guys, You know Lydia. She's a shadow user, a lightning and ice abled too. What can a mere human who knows nothing about weapons and battle? She also isn't abled, basing from what I observed." Someone said and we turned to see the most loyal follower of Lydia.

A scowl formed on my face as Alfreed turned to Talon with disgust written all over her face for the disciple of our hated member.

"Shut up wench." She hissed with utmost contempt but she forgot that this guy know no boundaries. The guy gave him a provoking grin, trying her to lash out and give him a beating.

But of course, if that happens, Alfreed's work and reputation will crumble to dust, not that she cares about it at all.

We all know how much she wants to beat this guy to a pulp just as much as we want, still, we couldn't let all of her efforts to reach her rank go all to the dumps. If she has a say in this, it would be------

"Damn with the rules for all I care, just let me beat this guy up." She exclaimed and made a move for the guy but Antoinette and Leo quickly restrained her. She thrashed around violently, trying to break free, an angry vein appearing on her temple.

She's a strong girl alright, but she's still no match from a guy's strength and another one's aid.

Talon on the other hand was unfazed and kept that annoying smirk on his face as he watched the red head struggle.

I sighed and sent a ball of flare secretly in the sky, a second later, I heard a faint pop.

"Cassiel, Gabriel. You may do what you want to the guy for all I care." I said, allowing a smirk to appear on my face as Talon's grin slowly disappeared and a look of horror replaced it.

The twins who were just behind the guy laughed darkly, a lightning whip appearing on their hands.

"What luck do we have here?" Gabriel chuckled, sending up shivers up the poor guy's spine.

Without a moment to waste, he ran away as fast as he could, shoving and pushing anyone in his way as the twins followed after him, their amused laughs ringing in the air.

Leo rubbed his temple with a frown on his face. "The guy has the guts to go against the twelve but when the twins show up, he runs away with his tail in between his legs."

"It's all thanks to Rex, don't forget him. He gave the twins permission to get a new toy, never expected it would be that guy." Alfreed said, a hint of amusement glinting in her green eyes.

Ugh, just remembering what those two always do to the guy makes me feel pity for the poor guy at times but then, he deserved it anyways.

"That boy. He scares me sometimes." Antoinette shivered and let go of her hold on Alfreed.

"Then we're the same." The three of us told her. And we all shivered, imagining the image of a devilishly smirking Rex.

"If I didn't know that Rex was your brother, I'd actually think that he's Leirum's brother." Antoinette commented and Leo shrugged.

"Kyaaaaahhh! Are you trying to kill me?!" Muriel's blood curdling scream made us turn around and look at the situation.

She was lying on the grass, a feet away from Leirum's sword buried deep in the ground. We immediately understood the situation and Alfreed chuckled amusedly.

"Play time's over." Leirum said as he retrieved his sword. Without warning, he tried to stab Muriel, who, by instinct and adrenaline rush rolled over and over to dodge the deadly blade.

"Stop dodging and start fighting." The first Lord said and tried to stab Muriel's head. Muriel avoided the blade by only an inch when she  jerked her head to the side.

"You asked for it." Muriel answered back and aimed to kick the Lord on the guts but the latter avoided.

She quickly propped herself up and swiped her feet under Leirum's feet, successfully making the Lord loose his balance and fall over.

Muriel quickly jumped, her elbows positioned as she clearly planned to hit the other with it on the face. But the lord wasn't an easy opponent, he blocked off the force with his arms firmly.

Seeing this, Muriel changed her stance and grabbed Leirum's arm and slightly pulled, without warning, she locked her legs around the Lord's neck.

"Whoa! Muriel! You've got to teach me that!" Antoinette yelled and Alfreed shouted the same thing after her by a mere second of interval.

A look of amusement spread on Leirum's face instead of being worried of his position. However, Muriel got distracted by what she saw above.

"Why the heck is an island floating above?!" She asked incredulously like it was her first time seeing it with the past three days of her being here. Seriously? Doesn't she look at the sky at least once a day?

"Always keep your guard up, you stupid girl." Leirum said and broke free from the lock. Muriel reacted fast and stood up on her feet too. This girl seems to know things about arts in fighting. Well, I don't know much about the human world so I'm not sure.

"Cocky bastard! I told you not to call me names!" Muriel angrily shouted at him and began punching Leirum who swiftly dodged.

"I wouldn't do it you that if you hadn't." The lord returned as he also began to pull punches and kicks.

"You started it you jerk!"

"I was not the one who started you brainless unintelligible creature!"

"Oh you did not just call me that! You douche bag!"

"Preposterous girl!"

The rest of us shook our heads while other looked amused at the exchange of words of insult between the two.

"Who are the kids now?"

--------

Meanwhile, Rex and Kevin were resting for a bit for their training and just watched the twins play their pranks on their poor prey.

"Are you sure you its alright to let them be?" I asked Rex with uncertainty as I watched how the two made the guy dance with lightning whips guiding him. The poor guy was jumping from foot to foot, terrified of the crackling electricity.

"Nah, the two wouldn't do that in the first place if no one set off the signal because of him. It's his own fault." Rex waved dismissively and sat down on the grass under a tree.

"A signal?" I asked confusedly as I sat down beside him and he nodded in answer. I thought for a moment about anything that can serve as a signal of some sort.

"The ball of flame earlier." I said to myself. I remembered a ball of yellow flames that rose to the earlier from somewhere and it actually exploded in the sky but no sounds of explosion were heard.

"Yeah. You see Kevin, that guy is a follower of Lydia, the lady your sister will be dueling with. As much as his master, they love to go against the other rankers except me and Leirum since they know what we are capable off." He explained and I kind of got where he was getting at.

"So you specifically schemed it didn't you? That everytime the guy or other troublesome people brew trouble with you guys, they are to let the twins do the job with the signal since you guys have reputations to protect. Correct?" I deducted and he clapped his hands with a grin.

"Very well said. Anyway, they wouldn't even dare with Leirum and me though. They know what will happen to them if they try. However, Alfreed doesn't care about her reputation at all and is easiest to provoke so there are the others to keep her under control."

"So I just suggested Talon, that guy, to be the twins next toy and that is what happened. Figures that they hated the guy's guts and they were more than happy to be given permission to bully the guy as much as they want as long as they don't kill him." Rex speeched and a shiver ran up my spine.

I don't think this kid is normal at all. He has the brains of a genius yet a genius who seems to enjoy scheming nothing but for his own amusement and content.

"So you're saying that those two are your servants?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. He practically cackled at that.

"Bullseye." Was all he answered. Surprisingly, even from a long way off, the twins seems to have heard him and they angrily stomped towards us. The guy named Talon, who was suspended in the air, fell to the ground and he hurriedly scurried off.

The twins seemed to have noticed but didn't care anymore. "We are not your under dogs!" Cassiel, the guy with red orange eyes stormed at their youngest brother.

If their eyes weren't off different colors, I don't know how to differentiate them at all, even their mother should find that difficulty if it were the case.

"Do you want me to teach you a lesson?" Rex glared at them and stood up against them. Even with the difference of height and it was actual 2 to 1, it didn't appear that the eleven year old boy was at a disadvantage at all.

"You brat. You're the one that needs to be taught a lesson." Gabriel said and his fists were soon emitting electricity.

They both lunged at the boy but I wasn't that much surprised but I admit I was in awe when vines shot up from the ground and bound them tight. The two didn't plan to give up that easily though, they summoned forth fire this time.

However, Rex being a genius that he is, he summoned forth water from a nearby pond and splashed them with it, putting the fire out.

"You little wench!" Cassiel angrily yelled as Rex pulled me away from the two.

"Told you, I'm the boss." Rex arrogantly said and the vines crept forward to them. Soon, they were bound to a tree, a rain cloud sprinkling them with rain every now and then.

The two tried to use their ability over wind to escape but Rex managed to enclose their bodies in earth and added an enchantment that I didn't even know to exist.

"Stay there for an hour and contemplate on the wrong of defying your master. Kevin, let's get back to training." Rex said and turned his back at us, already picking up his sword.

I nodded absentmindedly and picked up my spear. It's the weapon that's suited to me and Rex was cruel enough to give me one which is wholy made of gold metal. Damn, it's heavy.

"Ummmm. Rex, if I might ask, how does time run here?" I asked him and he didn't bother to turn around and answer the question while properly facing me. What a kid.

"Basing on the books. One one hour here is equivalent to four hours there." He said nonchantly as my eyes widened. So the twins are to be tied up there for four hours? Harsh.

"Also, people who belong here, time works differently, you age slowly so in human years, you will live for at least a couple of hundred years, if you don't die from weapons or succumb to diseases of course." Rex added and I whistled in appreciation.

The twins stopped struggling to no vain as they assessed the situation.

"You really are a devil." They cried and being warned that they were pretty childish at times, I wasn't surprised when they started crying like kids deprived of candy.

"Cry all you want, I don't care." The cold hearted eleven year old kid uncaringly said and I was beginning to think that Rex was the older one here. No, he's just too mature for his age and the two are just too childish.

--------------💙💙
Muriel

"I really can't believe it. A floating island? God! I must be going crazy." I muttered as I was laying down on the grass while Leirum was sitting with his back leaning on the trunk of a tree.

"Well, get it in that thick skull of yours that it is." He commented and I rolled over to give him a glare.

"Excuse me mister, but I lived in the human world for 17 years and a half! Things like floating islands didn't exist there." I spat at him but he just rolled his eyes.

"That's exactly why you should expect the things that don't happen there to happen here and the things that aren't there are here." He said while wiping the blade of his sword.

"Hmmmm. Okay. So----what do you call the floating island above?" I asked him curiously as I placed my chin on top of my hands.

"It's called Prelusia, a place where some angels stay."

"Oh, like a home for angels-----wait, what?!" I shouted and sat up, my eyes widened and my mouth hangiopen. He didn't even give me a glance as he continued what he was doing.

"I have read in books that you people do believe that there is a God and you have religions there, but you humans always question his existence. Well, the presence of Azeroth is already a proof that He, indeed exists." He informed me and my mouth fell more, if that was even possible.

"So you're saying, if God and angels are true... Then demons are true?" I asked, my brain was getting overloaded with information and it was on the verge of having a head ache.

"Yeah, demons and angels are true. Fallen angels also exist, along with creatures you humans regarded as mythical and legendary like the phoenix. Problem there is, their descriptions aren't all true. They're right about the name and some of the physical appearances but the rest are all lies."

"Wait. Aren't archangels and demons the same?"

"Not at all stupid." For the hundredth time this day, I glared at him.

He gave no notice though as he continued staring at the island above, a breeze went by and some strands of his hair was blown to the side.

Now that I stare closely, he's sort of the handsome one. Fair white skin, finely chiseled cheek bones and a strong appeal.  If he was a model, he was sure to always occupy the cover magazine.

"Demons, they are the ones that followed what you call Satan but known here as Samael who wanted to be greater than God. He was one of the greatest angels but because of the rebellion he lead, he along with those who followed him were banished from heaven and went to hell and were called the demons." He began story telling and I was all ears as I want to know more and know the difference of fallen angels and demons.

"Fallen angels..." His voice faltered as he closed his eyes, a slight hint of anger and pain in his tone that it confused me.

"Angels, they are divine beings, they are all good. And from that kindness, fallen angels were created." He continued and I was more confused than ever.

My head suddenly ached and I closed my eyes from the pain that went as quickly as it came.

"Never mind. Let's continue training. You have only a couple of hours today and tomorrow. I need to teach you all that is needed for you to win against Lydia." He dismissed the topic we were talking a minute ago and stood up. What the hell? I couldn't argue though, since his statement made my eyes widen.

"Win against her? A fourth ranker?! Is that even possible? She's a warrior and I just started learning the sword yesterday ------"

"Do you want to win or not?" He interfered and threw me my sword which I barely catched. He gave me a blank look and waited for my answer.

I gripped the hilt of my sword tightly.

"Ofcourse I do." I answered and bit my lip.

"That's all I need to hear." He said and patted my head which is why I quickly pushed him away.

"Don't pet me. I'm no dog---animal." I said and gritted my teeth, ignoring the pain that shot through me when I touched his hand.

He only looked at me blankly and I was intimidated under his presence.

"Lydia is only the fourth ranker, I am the first. Don't underestimate me, you stupid girl." He said and turned his back at me as he picked up his sword.

So he's the first huh? Figures why the other rankers didn't want his wrath and why he had such a power surrounding him.

"I thought you wanted to laugh at me while I get hurt in battle and shame myself in front of everyone? Wasn't that what you wanted?" I asked him as I pulled my sword out of it's sheath.

There was something that felt wrong but I couldn't quite point my fingers to it. What is it that I am missing?

"I wish I could've just done that and not trouble myself with a stupid one like you at all. But you are our responsibility. I am the most powerful here, that is why the likes of you, I cannot allow to put us in shame especifically me." He arrogantly said as he faced me.

The words sunk and a grimace painted itself on my lips.

"Cocky bastard."

---------

"Why didn't that guy treat me atleast like a girl? God! He's seriously trying to kill me!" I whined to myself as I tiredly set the books that he told me to get from the library to read.

They effin summed up to five hard bound books plus a book that I chose for myself and he expected me to read them all just in two weeks! That guy!

After he gave me a hellish training, he's already beginning to put up stacks already on my workload. Arrrrggg! That guy really loves to annoy me and I must say that he succeeds everytime he tries. Why is he such a pain in the head?

If I didn't know them, I would think that he was Rex's, Cassiel's and Gabriel's brother. He was just the same as them. A villain in the story of my life.

I tiredly looked at myself at the mirror and saw a haggard looking girl. The hell?! I look like a witch! Damn!

"Curse you Rex! Curse you Leirum! And most of all, damn you Cassiel and Gabriel for putting me in this situation and make me stick up with that arrogant bastard!" I cursed and plopped down on a chair.

I don't know how I will survive in this world at all when I'm already spent with just a few days passing by. But maybe it as already a week in the human world, regarding the fact that time flows differently here.

My eyes wandered to the stack of books in front of me. They didn't look ancient so I guess they put enchantments on it since the librarian told me earlier yhat they were actually the real deal, written a hundred of years ago, and some were thousands of years old.

When I visited the library, it was yet another building, a large one filled with thousands and hundreds of book that I figured I wouldn't be able to finish all in just 20 years of my life.

My eyes landed on the book at the very bottom. The one that I requested from the librarian who was considerate enough not to mock me for such basic things that one should know.

Just like Leirum though, she mirrored the look of anger and sadness along with pain which was disturbing enough, I remember the words she told me and it didn't help at all.

"Whatever you read and learn from that book, don't make it make your love for God turn to another feeling. God is still God. He is our Father, our creator."

Who wouldn't be disturbed by that?

I picked the book and went on my bed, kicking off my boots and placing them on the the shoe rack, besides a dozen of other similar boots and other ones below.

I sat on my bed and leaned against the headboard, the soft matress relaxing my tense muscles a bit as I stretched my legs out.

The title was written on the cover of the book in large golden letters.

The angels, the demons, and the fallen angels.

I flipped the book open and began reading about the angels.

The angels are divine beings. They are free of sin and the warriors of light.... I frowned as I read further. They aren't any different than those I already know and how books on Earth say about them.

I flipped the pages over and over, finding for the part that talks about the demons.

They are creatures of the darkness. Samael's followers and sinful mortals who succumbed to the darkness and never felt any remorse------

I know those already. Every human knows what angels and demons are. But on earth fallen angels are no different. I wonder what they are here in Azeroth.

I flipped the pages, searching for the particular chapter, and after a while of searching, I finally found it. I started reading, beginning to understand why Leirum and the librarian reacted that way about the particular topic.

Just after reading the first few paragraphs, I was already too shocked. Pain and sadness settled in me as I stopped reading, thinking over and over again about what I read.

Angels are divine creatures. They are kind, good at all aspects and free from sin. Yet because of those, they were banished from the doors of heaven.

For from the kindness they possess, it led to their own downfall. Seeing the things that are happening on the worlds and witnessing the cruelties and pains of the living, they interfered with life which was the forbidden rule.

Saving a life, they had their hands stained from the blood of those they have killed for a good cause. Sin didn't spare them.

In return for destroying the balance and interfering with the flow of life, they had done a single wrong but given no chance. Banished from heaven, they fell down on Earth, to regret the good they have done which led them there.

Their wings plucked out, deprived of something they have loved most. Living along with the mortals, they suffer pain and agony for something that was wrong in the eyes of God yet good in the eyes of those they helped.

"How can my freaking belief on God not change because of this!?" I screamed and threw the book on the floor.

"This is rubbish. They don't deserve that kind of fate! Sinful humans and Azerothians are given so many chances to repent after a thousand of mistakes and an angel is banished from heaven just because of a single mistake?! Th-thats... Unfair! Tell me how I can't freaking change my image about God after reading that!"

-------

To remind you guys. This is a work of fiction. It's all from my imagination, they aren't true so please don't hate me for making God seem cruel on this part. It's just that I need it for something certain that will happen later on.

God is good. I love him so no wrong ideas okay?

Anyway, please vote, comment and follow.
-thebadgirl05 at your service! ^_~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

276K 6.8K 23
"Hey," I said cautiously, scared to make the first move. Thankfully, I didn't have to make it. Luca stepped forward and took me by the waist, pulling...
217 92 19
This Young Girl was Bullied and was weak it got worse when she got to high school, her older brother was always so secretive and never spoke to her b...
2.6K 93 24
"Yo this shit is false product!"That's all I said as I pulled the trigger launching bullets in the chest of the leader to the East Side Crips that tr...
1.5K 96 18
[COMPLETED] I covered Ally's mouth to keep her from making a sound. She whimpers lightly, on the verge of crying. I hug her, silently letting her kno...