Dorm Room 210 [Original]

By Kapsie

Completed! This isn't the first time love had a roommate. It's been five years since the death of her parents... More

AUTHOR NOTE!
Summary
Prologue
Dorm Room 210: Changes
Dorm Room 210: Hello Roommate
Dorm Room 210: Friendships
Dorm Room 210: A Music Festival
Dorm Room 210: Confrontation
Dorm Room 210: Inevitable Fate
Dorm Room 210: Girls and Hope
Dorm Room 210: Steady By the Storm
Dorm Room 210: A Side Dish For Superman 1
Dorm Room 210: A Side Dish For Superman 2
Dorm Room 210: Stormy Weathers
Dorm Room 210: Phones Hold Value
Dorm Room 210: Just a Bit Awkward
Dorm Room 210: Papers and Pillows
Dorm Room 210: Bonds
*Dorm Room 210: React to Change*
Dorm Room 210: Queue The Smile
Dorm Room 210: Vodka Love
Dorm Room 210: Sunshine Blues
Dorm Room 210: A Colourful Confession
Dorm Room 210: A Roommates Privacy
Dorm Room 210: An Open Heart
Dorm Room 210: A Roommate's Agreement
Dorm Room 210: Thread and Needle
Dorm Room 210: Pandora's Truth
Dorm Room 210: Extravagant
Dorm Room 210: Lovers
Dorm Room 210: September 26th
Dorm Room 210: An Open Mind
Dorm Room 210: Facts and Flaws
Dorm Room 210: An Inner Peace
Epilogue
EXTRA 2: Noah's POV
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
EXCLUSIVE SAMPLE CHAPTER

EXTRA: Nicole's POV

928K 23.7K 2.3K
By Kapsie

A/n: Originally had Noah's POV here but I took it out as an extension for Nicole. Enjoy ! xx 

Chapter 1:

Nicole's POV

It's too hot. I'm fucking melting like the Wicked Witch of the West. There's too many people dining in the reception that I can barely feel the air-con blasting through in the back of the room. 

The group of us stand near our bags, waiting for the Guides to escort us to our rooms. It's a weird set-up; most of the time we're designated with our selected rooms. I guess Noah's dad wanted to be that extra.

Jesse groans beside me. "I'll be back."

"And where are you going?" Rachel asks, phone put aside.

"To see what the hell is taking so long," Jesse says.

Raven doesn't look up from his phone when he says, "Tracey said it'll take a while to get the Guides sorted out. Newbies, ya know?"

Great. Fucking great. 

Jesse marches to the front desk, and Noah and Raven groan in annoyance beside me. I hide my face behind my hands, whispering, "He's so embarrassing."

Noah chuckles. "He's your step-brother."

"Yeah, well, you can only ask for much when your mum remarries," I say, crossing my arms. 

It doesn't take long for Jesse to come sulking back to the group, red in the face, looking like his tail is tucked tight between his legs.  

"Helen had a go at you?" Rachel asks, concern lacing in her words. Poor girl needs to learn to rip him a new whole if she ever wants to see him grow up.

"Go look around, she says. They'll be here soon, she says. We've been here since nine. It's ten now. Does it look like I wanna look around? Huh? She's long overdue to work here."

Rachel rubs his shoulder. "Wanna get some food?"

Jesse relaxes. I shut my mouth tight. Utterly. Ridiculous.

Rachel looks at us and grins. "We should all get somethin' to eat. I'm thinking pizza."

In this weather? Hell no. So long as they have a large freezer to stick me into, then I'm inclined to go. And to walk out in the heat when there's an air-con in the room? It hurts me, dearly.

I aim my face towards the cool breeze, wishing it to be closer than where it's at. The people underneath it look like they're living in paradise; their hair continuously move with the strength of the air. One even has her face up, blonde hair shooting around her. 

Noah nudges me on the side. "You look distracted."

Behind me, Rachel, Jesse and Raven walk out in the heat, their luggage behind them. I take the time enjoying the goosebumps on my skin before preparing to leave.

"I thought I saw someone," I say, eventually, following the three up ahead to the side stores across the road.

"A girl?" he asks. I nod. He elbows me. "Get in there tiger."

I raise a brow. "Not like that."

He has the nerve to say that out loud, but we're too far away from the group for them to hear me. I'm glad for it; there's no explaining why I'm defensive over a comment that I'm not ready to answer.

I'm not feeling like pizza, and there's a Seven-Eleven around the corner. "I'll meet up with you guys later. I'm gonna suss out some slushies. Here." I pass Noah my luggage. "I'll buy you something if you can carry this for me."

Noah waves his hand. "It's fine."

I roll my eyes. "Come on. What is it that you want? Pastry? Coke? One of those berry flavoured juices?"

"Really," he presses. "I'm keen for a pizza, actually, and maybe one of their milkshakes that they make."

My shoulders sag. "You sure?"

"Yeah," he says. "Go on, enjoy yourself. We'll see you back at the campus."

I hug him quickly, not wanting to stay long enough to develop anymore sweat than I already own. Noah kisses the side of my forehead and then leaves with the others.

Noah is too good. He's too nice. He's unrealistic actually. 

The Seven-Eleven worker can go fuck himself.

Who kicks someone out for using their freezer for comfort anyway? People who want to keep their jobs with no humanity left in them. If I were a server, I'd promote customers to become ice blocks. If I ever get a job.  

"Can I still get that free sample?" 

The worker named Gwen stares at me with silent judgement, but hands over the small shot of jelly. 

"Um, actually, can I get three more? I've got some friends who..."

"One or none," Gwen-the-worker says.

I glare at him. "You have seven more batches in the staff only freezer. I know, I saw them. Three more isn't gonna hurt anyone."

He points to the camera. "Do I need to call security?"

"Why? I'm not stealing anything."

"You take one or leave without one."

I pinch the cup and swallow the jelly like a shot. Gwen-Gwen catches the cup I toss at him. "It's not that great anyway." It's so cold and perfect actually. I leave with a dramatic push at the doors.

The heat sinks into my skin the moment I step out and head back to the campus. I wish I was at home, soaking up my air-conditioner, eating a tub of macadamia ice-cream from the tub, while writing my latest novel. Maybe watch re-runs of Pride and Prejudice and pretend I'm married to Keira Knightley and feel content as I once was after my high school graduation.

Instead of looking miserable, like that blonde freaking out by herself in the chairs.

It hits me. Great. The Guides were already here. I could've been in my room right now. Thankfully the reception is empty, and the air-con blowing down my back eases my mind, body and soul.

The blonde looks at me and I at her as I sit down next to her. She's got a cute face, and there're pimple scars on her chin, but other than that, she looks stressed out. Maybe she wishes she were at home instead.

I nod at her. "You missed your group-number." 

She nods and fidgets with her phone. "You—you missed yours?"

I shrug. It's not like I care. Benefits with being friends with someone like Noah is that his aunt priorities him out.

My leg begins jiggling. "Where are you guys?"

The girl shifts. "Waiting on friends?"

"Yeah," I say. "Those fuckers should've been here ten minutes ago." 

"Is that why you missed it?" 

"Something like that. We got a rule that we follow: bitch or ditch."

No we don't, but my mind is recuperating words and I can't, for the life of me, say something that's remotely true or interesting.

"Isn't that the same thing?"

"No."

The gang arrives a couple of seconds later. 

"Where have you guys been? We missed the Guides taking us to our rooms." I cross my arms.

"Chill my little darling sister," Jesse says and tosses a packet of Doritos at me. "We got off the phone with Tracy; she's gonna text us our room numbers."

Thank god! "Great! We'll see you guys later then. Come on, Rach."

Her skin is too warm to touch, but I hold onto her hand as we grab our luggage. Rachel tells me where her dorm room is and where mine is. Two different buildings. That's okay! 

"Hey, who was that girl you were talking to?"

I'm a melting ice cream. The sun is too hot. "I don't know, but she's nervous as hell. You recon they'll tell her where her dorm room is soon?"

"Maybe? Oh, my gosh, you should've been there when Jesse slipped. Highlight of my day."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 3K 66
Chloe Brooks is a girl who's rich and who parents take up most of their time at work. She decides that she should go to a boarding school to get out...
4.3K 133 11
Y/n lives in a house while she studies in London. Unfortunately her economy isn't good most of the time... that means she either has to sell the hous...
121K 4.5K 29
Noah is forced by his mother to move out of their home when she disowned him for being gay. He tells his friend Elliot about it and he tells his fami...