Tokyo Ghoul - NEST

By FallenJester3

"Do you enjoy a Good end, or a Bad end?" "Aren't they the same thing?" "How so?" "No one has the right to say... More

Prologue
Escape from Solitary
A Normal Errand
The New Residents
Under Cover
The Mask Maker
Curing What Can't be Cured
The Plan to "Buzz Off"
The Choice, and a Highway Shootout
The Old Man and Dreams
Re
The File that Marks Life or Death
Hostage Situation
Letting the Monster Loose
What Does She Want?
Lazy Days
New Faces
Going Back
Talking French
In the Dark
Clues in Plain Sight
Delay for Home
Tsukiyama Residence
Control
Other Self
1000 - 7...
Not You...
Aftermath
Waking to a "Beautiful" Sight
Meetings
Follower
Fake Friendship
Quinx
Auction
Chaos
Voting poll!
Kakuja
God of Death
Gone
Silently Suffering
Time, Slowly Passing
The Bandaged Girl
Date with a Celebrity
Accept it
The Levin I Know
Say It!
She's Hungry! (For Me!)
Bookstore and a Bath
Through Whispering Thoughts
Hold Up
Acceptance
Kaneki Ken
Quiet, Once Again
Mom & Dad
Favorite Coffee
Unexpected Party
Scars
Women Are Needy
Preparation
Start of Operations
Trap
Melancholy
The Nutcracker
Torso
Jasons Legacy
Mister Nice Guy
Job
A Memory Filled Storm
Last Meeting
Anteiku
H Cell
Plans for Dates
The Calm Before the Storm
Storm Approaches
Orca
Broke Once Again
Sorrow
The Words of a Lost Friend
After the Storm
Turning your Back
No Matter What
Realization
The Aogiri Spy
Eye Patch
Teacher
Consideration
Stealth At Its Best
Mixed Feelings
To be Missed
Takatsuki Sen
Hidden Pain
Smell
Decisions
Without a Trace
Initiation
Lab Raid
Tools
Pinnacle of Insanity
Floppy
Remember
Don't...
Different
Fear over Love
White Christmas
End of the Chase
Intense Questioning
Looming Darkness
Vincent Valhalla
Flames Grow Taller
Not the Same
Bitter Reunion
Unexpected Friendship
Forgiveness
Target for Extermination
Stronger Bonds
RC Gates
Not Sorry
Ready?
Stronger than Before
Opposite Sides of the Same Coin
Make Them Hate
Thanks for the Memories
Miracles Don't Exist
All in Vain...?
Those Three Words
Seperated
Let it Out
The Hidden Error
Favorite Books, Secret Meanings
Next Move
Pawn
The Fight Draws Near
Newfound Hope
Sins of a Prophet
"I'll Be Back"
Lulluby for the Owl
The Foolish Plan
Infamous Clown
Riki Hada
The Reaper Knows Death
The Cruel One (Bonus Questionnaire)
I'm So Lonely Without You
Favorite Meal
Truths from Family
Snow White
The One Eyed King
King & Crow
The MIA Dove
Old Friend
Seidou Takizawa
The Journal
Where's The Frenchy?
Mouse Hunt
The Circus Is In Town
Clowning Around
Insane Love
The Fake Kings Ideal
Failure
Nightmares of Truth
Nashiro Yasuhisa
The Crows Ideal
Betrayal
Reaction
Beginning of the End
Destroy Everything
Binge Eater
Dead End
King vs Crow
Blood in the Street
Not -Alone- Anymore
Zealous Act
Clown Parade
No Escape
Rize Kamishiro
A Sea View
Building a New Future
Kurona Yasuhisa
The Planned Finale
Cruise to Valhalla
Short Reunions
Fall
Clipped Wings
Levin Seto
Black and White (Epilogue)
Part 1 Author Notes

Half of a Promise

468 22 3
By FallenJester3

" We love even when our love is not requited."
- Mortimer Alder

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levin POV

Stopping in front of the door to my room, I felt uneasy. Seeing her in Cochlea, and letting her escape sent a happiness I didn't know I still had into me. But I know whatever Tokage did can't be completely erased.

I glance down at the plate in my hands. The meat on it was simmered nicely, I cooked it as best as I could. Just for her. I made it with the same seasoning I always did. Does she remember this dish I made for her?

A couple of months she was in there. They had starved her to almost death over and over to see what she would do. I remember that he did that to me many times also, but got bored of it after awhile.

I would've liked to spend more time with Tokage, to make him suffer more. But I didn't have time sadly, and had to eviscerate him quickly.

Now I'm here.

Scared to find out what's on the other side. Touka and the others told me that she hadn't come out since she got here. But she did eat whatever they set outside for her.

I have to take responsibility. I was the one that told her about the option of the surgery, and it all went south. I will make her happy, no matter what.

Taking a deep breath, I grab the doorknob. But then I freeze up. A shiver went down through me. Fear picked at my heart strings, pulling and twisting them into different directions.

What if she blames me? What if she doesn't want to see me right now, like the others? What if she's broken?

What if...

I push the door open, ignoring the thoughts and the back of my brain that says that it was all my fault. It was quiet once I did this. I had expected to hear her say something, like, 'who is it?'.

But instead as I walked in I see Kurona on the bed, hugging her knees and staring at the wall. She has a blank expression on her face, much like she always does. Something is different, but I can't tell how bad it is.

I take a few steps in and stop at the foot of the bed. I try to say something, but the words get caught in my throat, and it sounds more like I'm letting out a choking noise.

This, however is enough to make her flinch, and glance over her shoulder at me. There is a silence that hangs in the air. All we did was stare in each other's eyes, her blank face not showing what she was thinking, as usual.

Her left eye, her kakugan, not fully blank and red no more. Her iris glows red, the former human white surrounding it. The surgery really did work.

I noticed she moves her stare to the food in my hands. Beginning to walk to the table at the side of the bed, I finally let out some words.

"I brought some food. It has the same seasoning I'm good at making." I said, sitting at the office desk after setting the plate down on the bedside table.

Kurona stirs for a moment, like she contemplating whether she should eat it or not, but in the end moves to the end of the bed and doesn't take it. Maybe she's not hungry?

"How long have I been in here?" She asked, looking at her feet.

It takes me a moment to do the math. "Around a week." I mumbled.

"Really? It didn't feel that long." She said, twirling her hair in her finger.

"Are... are you feeling alright?" I said hesitantly, getting on this subject was going to be difficult.

Kurona nodded after a few moments. "I've been through worse." She said.

"Worse? When?" I asked, which was stupid of me, should've just shut my big mouth.

Kurona only let out a sigh. "My sister being in a coma she might not wake up from was much more terrifying." She said. "I'll be fine. I just needed some time alone."

Now that I think about it, she doesn't seem all that different. Was I worrying for nothing? I bite my lip, wondering whether I should let this subject slide or not.

But then...

"But yes. I was terrified." She said, hugging herself while shaking a bit. "I nearly snapped fully. But I'm okay."

This brought a smile to my face. "Good to hear." I said.

Kurona looked over at me and stared for a moment, then tilted her head like she always did when she found something interesting.

"Your smiling..." she mumbled.

Blinking I let out a small nervous laugh. "W-Whats so weird about that?" I asked.

Then, a small smile went to her face as well, but only for a split second. "Nothing." She said shortly.

Suddenly a loud gurgling growl filled the room. I stare at Kurona and then look down at her stomach. "So you are hungry." I said.

Kurona's face went a bit red while she covered her stomach. "Touka said my appetite won't go back to normal for awhile." She explained.

If her appetite was normal then she wouldn't have to eat for a whole other month, but with her stomach being fed that carp from Cochlea for the longest of time it messed up her digestive system.

I point down at the plate. "Then have some. It's still warm." I said.

Kurona picked up the plate and sniffed it. She tilted her head a bit. Did she notice?

"It's a bit different. I thought I might as well try something else." I said, scratching my cheek.

Kurona nodded and cut a piece of meat off the main portion, and placed it into her mouth. I stared eagerly at her reaction, wanting to know if it was good or not. I was scared that it wasn't going to be.

But after swallowing it she said, "Delicious... but a bit more tough than I remember."

I let out a small chuckle, and pointed at the meat.

"That's because it's steak." I said.

Kurona froze for a moment while putting the next piece in her mouth.

"What do you mean? Human steak?" She asked with a troubled face. This only made me smile more.

"No. It's cow meat." I confirmed.

Kurona looked down at the meat, then set the fork down. Her head was hanged so I couldn't see her face, but I could see that she was crying. Tears dropped into the floor and plate beneath her.

"Our promise... I won't be able to fulfill it after all. This is all I can do, sadly." I said, giving off a grim smile. But as soon as I finished Kurona dropped the plate and wrapped her arms around me.

Burying her face into my chest I felt the tears draining into my shirt. Her voice was muffled.

"It's okay. I can settle for half of a promise." She said, squeezing tighter. After a moment she pulled her face from my chest and looked up at me.

"I want to eat cake next." She said with a glint in her eye. This made me want to push her over slightly, but I held back and placed my hand on her head, stroking her silky hair.

"Try not to eat too much." I said with a bit of worry.

She nodded and lay her head on my chest again. Now that I think about it, now would be the perfect time to confess... right? The mood is right... and no one is around-

A knock at the door.

"Hey, Lev. The guys and me wanna go hang out, you done?" Ayato called at the door.

Ayato, your my friend, but sometimes I want to strangle you. Kurona separated me and sat back on the bed, she made a shoo motion with her hand, obviously wanting me to go have fun.

I give her a little wave goodbye and head out the door, where Ayato is waiting. "Go well?" He asked.

I stare at him, which makes him grow a worried expression. "W-What? I have something on my face?" He wondered aloud.

"Remind me to never to help you with women troubles." I said before walking down the hallway. Ayato chased after me with a worried expression still growing.

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

(The promise has been kept, sort of. And yes, Kurona is able to eat normal human food now, since she's now half Alghoul. With the Cochlea raid arc done, we enter the next~. Nonetheless I hope you enjoyed and have a wonderful day!) - MnMs171

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31 0 1
Snakeskin McMurtry was a deadly gunfighter who hated killing. The last thing he wanted was trouble, but trouble always seemed to find him. Whether it...
10.4K 401 38
She's not your average girl. Tossed into the world of guns and death at a young age, She's already used to it all. Trained to become a cold-hearted...
22.4K 727 21
"Every time I trust someone, they show me why I shouldn't." "I think that I'm actually afraid to be happy, because whenever I am, something bad alway...
6.9M 208K 78
Mari Hansen ran away from home at 15 not being able to stand her radically religious family anymore and was desperate to be nothing like them which l...