Hetalia: The Fifty Stars

By LunarJade

Massachusetts rebels against British tyranny. Mississippi goes hunting with the president. Michigan refuses t... More

Author's Note
Table of Contents
Prologue: The Meeting
Chapter 1: The First Signature
Chapter 2: Inventors of Unity
Chapter 3: The Jersey Devil
Chapter 4: The First Day of Summer
Chapter 5: Turning the Tides
Side Chapter 1: Relationships
Chapter 6: Blood and Tea
Chapter 7: The Plundering Time
Chapter 8: Rebellious South
Chapter 9: Treaty of Portsmouth
Chapter 10: The Witch of Pungo
Side Chapter 2: Human Ages
Chapter 11: The Workaholic of Wall Street
Chapter 12: The Carolina Twins
Chapter 13: Vampire
Chapter 14: The Fourteenth Star
Chapter 15: The Night Riders
Side Chapter 3: Native America
Chapter 16: Crockett
Chapter 17: Ohio Burgee
Chapter 18: Purchased and Sold
Chapter 19: On Your Mark... Get Set... Go!
Chapter 20: Teddy Bear
Side Chapter 4: Mexico
Chapter 21: Red Roses and Blue Violets
Chapter 22: A Southern Nation
Chapter 23: My Own
Chapter 24: Compromise
Chapter 25: For Namesake
Side Chapter 5: Puerto Rico and the Territories
Chapter 26: The Toledo War
Chapter 27: Always Sunny in Florida
Chapter 28: Before the Alamo
Chapter 29: Chaos Caucus
Chapter 30: Cheesehead
Side Chapter 6: Canada's Provinces & Territories and Mexico's States
Chapter 31: Golden Girl
Chapter 32: Lutefisk - An Exotic Delicacy
Chapter 33: The Oregon Trail
Chapter 34: First Blood
Chapter 35: Mother's Day
Side Chapter 7: How to Create an OC
Chapter 36: The Flamingo
Chapter 37: Arbor Day
Chapter 38: The Bone Wars
Chapter 39: The Dakota Twins
Chapter 40: Iktomi and the Ignorant Girl
Chapter 41: A War Story
Chapter 42: #Merry-Christmas-Starbucks
Chapter 43: The Pinkerton Spy
Chapter 44: The Wildest of the Bunch
Chapter 45: The 2002 Winter Olympics
Side Chapter 9: The Limitations to Writing
Chapter 46: The Sooner The Better
Chapter 47: Unidentified Flying Object
Chapter 48: The Cactus Law
Chapter 49: Toward A New Future
Chapter 50: The End of A Kingdom
Chapter 51: After the Meeting
Requests for the Sequel (CLOSED)
Side Chapter 10: Future State Chapters
Epilogue: The End of a Day

Side Chapter 8: State Pets

402 10 4
By LunarJade

Hello, Readers ~

I want to thank everyone for reading this story so far, and a special thanks to those who voted and commented on the side chapter topic they wanted to see. Without further ado, the winning topic for Side Chapter 8 will be about...*drum roll*...the 50 States' Pets! Again, thank you to those for reading this story and enjoy the winning topic for this long side chapter.

~

Pets are common companions to people, especially those personifying countries. Hetalia's pets/companions are usually "immortal" thanks to their owner's influence that causes them to slowly age like them. For America, the young man is shown to have a wide array of creatures. This includes: Tony the alien from the Roswell Incident, an unidentifiable whale living in his backyard pool, a rabbit from his childhood, a bald eagle that serves as his carrier bird, a white, fluffy cat, and a unicorn he has trouble seeing.

As for the 50 States, they, too, have their own companions. When creating this list, I did my best to look up various animals to decide what kinds of pets they'll have. Truthfully it was challenging as I decided to go the extra mile to not only include some of their state animals, but also other animals that are associated with them. Even more extra, I gave most of them names that somehow connect to the state alongside brief descriptions of their appearance, their history, and personality. As advice to anyone wishing to give their Hetalia OCs pets, I suggest limiting them up to four creatures (I capped mine at six which even then seems too much), and names being optional.

Before going down the list, I want to inform some things for everyone to keep in mind when reading.

To start off, some animals like amphibians, reptiles, insects, fish, crustaceans, and some mammals won't be listed as their pets. The reason I didn't include such animals will usually be for three reasons. One, I honestly couldn't give a flying iguana over New York owning a Wood frog. Two, some states have the same state animal such as Arkansas, Georgia, Mississippi, Nebraska, and Ohio having the white-tailed deer as their state mammal which I find uninteresting and repetitive. Three, the biggest reason for not including such animals, I don't see certain states own certain animals. For example, I don't see Rhode Island having a Harbor seal as a pet. I do have some states own weird animals, however, it's important to draw a line on the number of pets they could have.

The one exception to that rule is state birds. I won't mention all of them or give them names, but know they are indeed the states' pets. Like America's eagle, they serve as carrier birds which I find funny and kind of believable even though phones and other methods of delivery make carrier birds pretty much useless (plus, what about Delaware and Rhode Island's birds? They can't fly so...). Still, I find this headcanon neat and made it an exception.

Second rule I want to mention, the animals and the names I've chosen have references to the state and/or American culture I won't be mentioning. The reason is due to wanting to keep this chapter "short". If you do get the connection and reference, cool! For those who don't, it's not a big deal. Just know I wasted a lot of time finding names for each pet.

Third, I'll mention side notes for some of the states' pets. Such notes will occasionally mention other candidates along with minor pets. It'll also mention former pets the states once owned, but due to various circumstances don't have them in their home.

Fourth rule, I've placed some pictures on each state's animal to help visual readers. However, I could only put twenty images as that's the limit to the number of pictures one may put per published part on Wattpad. Therefore, not every creature listed has a picture to go with it. For those who want to see photos of these animals, but don't want to do Internet searches, I've went ahead and copied this list and placed it in another book on Wattpad called, Hetalia: Guide to the Fifty States. Not only does the book contain character sheets, but it also lists their pets with all the pictures included. To those who prefer to read the list with pictures included, feel free to check that book out.

Lastly, I want everyone to know the animals and creatures I've chosen are the ones I think suit the OC in my opinion. There'll be disagreements whether it be the type of animals chosen or the names I've chosen. I'm cool with that. Just don't be a sour puss and throw rotten potatoes at me for being offended over something minor. If there's an animal or a creature you think I should add to the list, I'll read that comment and I might add the creature to the list (of course I'll give credit to the one who suggested it). Even then, know the animals I've listed won't change.

Also, please be aware I'm not expecting everyone to remember every pet on this list. After all, there are fifty OCs, some having more pets than others. Some of these pets may be mentioned or be a part of the story, rarely are they going to be the main subject of a chapter. This list is for your entertainment to get to know the States of America a little better along with being a reference sheet to the animals that appear in this series.

Overall, I hope you, the audience, enjoy the list, and thank you so much for reading this chapter and this series overall.

~

Delaware:

Rover the Golden Retriever (Dog): Male with a golden coat and brown eyes. Contrary to his owner's personality, Rover is an active, friendly dog who's popular among the States, more popular than Delaware to be honest. America and California especially love Rover, going so far as to fight over who's going to pet-sit him whenever Delaware is away for long periods of time.

Bethany the Delaware Blue Hen: Female nicknamed Beth. She's a sassy chicken who likes to peck Delaware's hand for no reason other than to annoy him. Fun fact, she's besties with Rhode Island's chicken.

Pennsylvania:

Sylvester the Boxer (Dog): Male with a brindle coat and white patch on his chest in the shape of a keystone, floppy ears, and brown eyes. Wanting to get a companion for her Great Dane, Pennsylvania got Sylvester from a local animal shelter. The boxer likes to compete with Hershey over numerous things, winning most of the time thanks to Hershey's lazy behavior.

Hershey the Great Dane (Dog): Male with a fawn coat and cropped ears. Hershey is a lazy, gentle giant known to break stuff on accident due to his gigantic size. This dog loves to get into the kitchen cabinets and grab his owner's chocolate stash, causing Pennsylvania to go into panic mode and take the troublesome pooch to the nearest veterinarian clinic.

Liberty the Snowshoe Cat: Female with a chocolate pointed pelt and baby blue eyes. Wanting a cat of her own, Pennsylvania got Liberty from a trusted breeder. This cat is known to vocalize with visitors whenever they visit Pennsylvania's home.

On a side note, I wanted Pennsylvania to have a Quaker Parrot (look it up if you don't know what it is), but Pennsylvania had to be one of the states to make having the parrot illegal (a common practice with exotic pets).

New Jersey:

Bonnie the Jersey Wooly (Rabbit): Female with an agouti pelt and black eyes. New Jersey has always loved rabbits, and Bonnie proved to be no exception. This docile rabbit loves to roam around the apartment and rooftop garden no matter if her owner is in the building or not.

On a side note, Jersey likes horses, having a few who now live on a ranch in the countryside. Also, he occasionally gets a creepy visit from the Jersey Devil during Halloween who Jersey doesn't seemed fazed by its appearance since his first encounter with the creature.

Georgia:

Atlas the English Bulldog-Mix (Dog): Male of medium built with a white and tan coat. Having wanted a dog of her own, Georgia went to an animal shelter and fell in love with the bulldog-mix. One complaint she has with Atlas is his drooling which she doesn't mind constantly cleaning up so long as it doesn't ruin the furniture.

Savannah the Savannah (Cat): Female with a tan, spotted pelt and gold eyes. Like Atlas, Georgia got Savannah from an animal shelter, learning Savannah's distrust with humans was due to her previous owners setting the traumatized feline on fire (these owners were arrested and punished for animal cruelty). It took some time for Savannah to heal, but thanks to Georgia's help she's beginning to become more open with people.

On a side note, Georgia had a Cumberland Horse named Princess who now resides on Alabama's property with other horses.

Connecticut:

Chester the Eastern Chipmunk: Male that's slightly smaller than average. Chester lives in the hazelnut trees around Connecticut's home; at times the rodent is either in the young man's hair or in the pockets of his clothing. This chipmunk LOVES hazelnuts and has grew a taste for Nutella as of recently.

Massachusetts:

Johnny the American Cocker Spaniel (Dog): Male with a golden coat. Supposedly Johnny is a direct descendant from the first cocker spaniel to arrive in America via the Mayflower. Johnny loves the water, and his favorite snack is apple slices.

Judy the Boston Terrier (Dog): Female with a brindle and white coat. Massachusetts got Judy as a companion for Johnny who he as an annoying sister of sorts. In Massachusetts's opinion, the only downside with Judy is her loud snoring.

Sammy the Brown Tabby (Cat): Male with a brown tabby pelt and emerald green eyes. Prior to having dogs, Massachusetts's first companion was a tabby cat who liked to follow him around. Nowadays, Sammy lazes around next to window sills, occasionally exploring the Boston streets with Maine's cat whenever their owners aren't looking.

On a side note, Massachusetts had a Morgan Horse named Patriot who now resides in Vermont's horse stables.

Maryland:

Susan the Chesapeake Bay Retriever (Dog): Female with a light dead grass coat and hazel eyes. On the 100th anniversary of her statehood, America gave Maryland a puppy she absolutely adored ever since. Today, Maryland likes to take Susan for walks, sometimes getting into trouble whenever Susan gets loose to chase after something she shouldn't be chasing.

Leonardo the Calico (Cat): Male that's slightly smaller than average with a tricolor (black, white, and tan) pelt and yellow-green eyes. During the colonial days, Maryland found the rare kitten in an alleyway, close to death if it weren't for her care and nourishment. Today, Leonardo likes to curl up on her lap whenever she's reading or writing poetry.

Skip Jack the Thoroughbred (Horse): Male with a perlino coat nicknamed Skip. Maryland got Skip during the Colonial Era, riding him to get to places before the invention of cars lessened his usage. Today, Skip is ridden for pleasure and used during jousts at the annual medieval fair.

Lenore the Raven: Female that's slightly smaller than average. At first, Maryland regarded Lenore as a friendly neighborhood bird who would visit her window. Nowadays, she finds the bird annoying as fuck; noticing some of her jewelry had gone missing while finding the bird's annoying caws and taps on the glass panes of her home infuriating, incredibly so when trying to overcome writer's block.

South Carolina:

Spartan the Boykin Spaniel (Dog): Male with a liver brown coat and hazel eyes. Spartan is a rambunctious dog who's very protective with his belongings, including South Carolina. He's known to get into fights with North Carolina's dogs, causing a hassle for both owners to calm them down.

Jessie the Carolina Dog: Female with a fawn coat. Jessie is Lily's (North Carolina's dog) older litter mate. Jessie is an energetic pup known for excess barking; sometimes joining Spartan in protecting South Carolina together.

Shaggy the Mule: Male with a dark gray coat and a white snout and underbelly. Despite moving Shaggy to Kentucky's farm, Shaggy continues to escape and see his owner. South Carolina thinks Shaggy is a mindless, dumb "donkey", however, Shaggy is quite intelligent, having knowledge where she is and meeting her there.

On a side note, South Carolina had a Carolina Marsh Tacky (horse) named Yellow Crescent who now resides on Kentucky's horse harm (unlike a certain mule she knows).

New Hampshire:

Pumpkin the Chinook (Dog): Female with a honey coat. Inspired by the others getting pets of their own, New Hampshire got a Chinook to help cure his loneliness. Pumpkin is a great working dog, helping him with all sorts of work around his house.

Virginia:

Jamie the American Foxhound (Dog): Male with a tricolor coat. While visiting a breeder, Jamie was the only one left as the poor runt of the litter, so Virginia adopted the pup and has taken care of him ever since. Contrary to what the breeder said, Jamie proved to be a great hunting dog with most hunting trips proven to be a success.

Sootica the Lykoi (Cat): Female with a solid black roan pelt and gold eyes. Some of the states suspect the mysterious feline to either be a familiar (an animal spirit associated with witches) or a miniature werewolf who happened to meow on occasion. One complaint Virginia has with Sootica is her fur, molting at random times without any logical reason, often triggering Virginia's neat-freak nature as a result.

T.J. #10 the American Guinea Pig: Male with a tricolor pelt fully named Test Subject #10. Back in the old days, Virginia would test a bunch of magic spells on guinea pigs to see what would happen; T.J. was constantly fed a potion that made him invincible against death, thus is supposedly immortal. The guinea pig and some of his litter mates are currently retired in comfortable cages, never going through anymore experiments ever again.

New York:

Rosy the Yorkshire Terrier (Dog): Female with a long, silky, black and tan coat that usually has a bow on its head (sometimes dressed up on occasion). On the 100th anniversary of his statehood, England gave New York a cute puppy who York reluctantly accepted despite not being a fan of pets. As time progressed, Rosy grew on him, becoming a great wingman whenever going on casual walks together.

Tifa the Chantilly-Tiffany (Cat): Female with a chocolate brown pelt and gold eyes. Tifa was a street cat who New York got off the street, hoping to solve his rat problem in his home. Turns out Tifa is a spoiled kitty, always eating out of York's cereal along with having fancy tastes for tiaras and bejeweled collars.

Chocola the York Chocolate (Cat): Female with a chocolate brown pelt (a shade lighter than Tifa) and gold eyes. New York got Chocola as a kitten from a farm upstate, hoping this farm cat can do a better job than Tifa in solving his rat problem which was kind of successful. Like Tifa, this rural kitty loves to grab New York's attention; purring and mewling while rubbing his leg works 75% of the time.

Asshat the Brown Rat: Male that's larger and smarter than average. New York speculates Asshat to host a mob of smaller rats who hide behind the walls of the condominium he's living in. Despite having cats and exterminators doing the job eliminating his lackeys, Asshat continues to exist much to York's frustration.

On a side note, I thought on excluding New York's cats from the list due to not seeing him as a cat-owner. In the end, after looking the beautiful cats up, I decided to keep the list as is.

North Carolina:

Venn the Plott Hound (Dog): Male with a red brindle coat. North Carolina got the young dog from a breeder in need of a hunting dog. Venn would often get into violent fights with Spartan (South Carolina's dog), so the Carolina sisters are always wary keeping them far away from each other.

Lily the Carolina Dog: Female with a red ginger coat. North Carolina and her sister found two puppies abandoned in the forest; both sisters taking one pup to their home. Lily is shy and reserved, most of the time curled up in a blanket at home, rarely causing any trouble for anyone.

On a side note, North Carolina had a Banker horse named Racing Star who now resides on Kentucky's horse farm.

Rhode Island:

Rodney the Rhode Island Red Chicken: Male that's slightly smaller than average. The rooster usually roams around the front and back of Rhode Island's house as a "guard dog" of sorts. Rodney also serves as an alarm clock for Rhode Island who'll be a literal cock and wake the state too early or too late on occasion.

On a side note, Rhode Island also owns a medium-sized fish tank full of saltwater fish.

Vermont:

Bella the American Bobtail (Cat): Female with a seal lynx point pelt and light blue eyes along with a stumpy tail. Bella likes to venture out in the backyard garden, sometimes bringing a freshly killed, song bird home much to Vermont's dismay. She secretly reads vampire fanfiction whenever Vermont isn't looking.

Simba the American Shorthair (Cat): Male with a gray tabby coat and light green eyes. Like Bella, Simba likes to venture outside and hunt for whatever small animal he can get his paws on, most of the time being insects which, again, Vermont has deal with in the form of veterinary bills. Fun fact, Simba has a crush on California's cat.

Mr. Whiskers the American Wirehair (Cat): Male with a brown, Mackerel tabby pelt with a white underbelly and light brown eyes. Mr. Whiskers is a fussy eater, preferring to eat expensive brands Vermont could barely afford. He hates having his whiskers touched by strangers, so please don't touch them.

Luna the Himalayan (Cat): Female doll-face with a seal pointed pelt and blue eyes. Luna is an indoor cat who prefers to sunbathe next to the window, sometimes watching the outside world with interest. She absolutely hates water, so whenever Vermont tries to bathe her he'll usually come out with red, claw marks all over his arms and face.

Morgana the Morgan Horse: Female with a cremello coat. Vermont got Morgana from a nice family, riding the horse for pleasure rides on nature trails. Fun fact, her favorite snack is sugar cubes.

On a side note, Vermont has the highest percentage of cat-owners, thus I made him a cat-man of sorts. There really isn't a state cat or a cat breed that originated in his home, so I chose a few American breeds he would have. The names I've chosen are some of the most popular cat names in the United States.

Kentucky:

Frankie the Treeing Walker Coonhound (Dog): Male with a tricolor coat and brown eyes. Kentucky got Frankie from a breeder, wanting a dog that can help him on hunts in the mountains. This dog is great friends with Tennessee and his dog.

Viceroy Blue the Thoroughbred (Horse): Male with a brown coat and white stockings along with a blaze nicknamed Viceroy. Kentucky has a bunch of horses on his ranch, but his favorite is Viceroy, having rode him since the beginning of his life. Viceroy has been in numerous horse races such as the Kentucky Derby along with siring numerous foals with other horses.

Lexi the American Mammoth Donkey: Female that's slightly smaller than average with a smoky black coat and a white snout and underbelly. Lexi is always an ass, managing to escape from her pen and run amuck in nearby towns. Kentucky must always chase her down, usually taking up the whole day before he could finally bring her back home.

On a side note, other horse breeds Kentucky owns include American Saddlebreds, Kentucky Mountain Saddle Horses, Mountain Pleasure Horses, and Rocky Mountain Horses (which weirdly are bred in the "Rocky Mountains" of the Appalachian Range). Kentucky also keeps some of the other states' horses in his stables for those who don't have a place to house them or rarely ride them anymore. I also thought on giving him a Bombay (cat), however, I didn't seem him as the type to own cats (Nyo! Kentucky would probably one though).

Tennessee:

Barrett the Treeing Tennessee Brindle (Dog): Male with a brindle coat. Barrett was a rescue dog who Tennessee got from his local animal shelter. Not only is Barrett a good hunting dog, he is also a great singer, always howling along to Tennessee's music, sometimes annoying the next-door neighbors.

Smoky Iris the Tennessee Walking Horse: Mare with a smoky black coat nicknamed Iris. Tennessee has ridden numerous horses in his life, but Smoky Iris is one of his favorites for her calm, elegant demeanor along with being an inspiration of many of his songs. Fun fact, Iris likes to dance and trot to country music.

On a side note, I thought on giving Tennessee a Bluetick Coonhound, however, I debated on whether it should be Louisiana's dog since the breed originated in her state. In the end, I decided to exclude the breed from the list.

Ohio:

Scarlet the Bengal (Cat): Female with a brown, spotted pelt and green eyes. Scarlet is an active cat who doesn't leave Ohio alone until he plays with her. Like her owner, she despises Michigan and her cat.

Bucky the Silver Fox Rabbit: Male with a blackish blue pelt. Bucky is Ohio's first pet, easy to care for while being friendly at the same time. This peaceful rabbit has nearly been killed by Michigan's wolverine on multiple occasions.

Louisiana:

Jazz the Catahoula Leopard Dog: Female with a coarse, blue leopard coat and blue eyes. During the Roaring Twenties, Louisiana adopted the Jazz after seeing the stray approach her every night leaving the backdoor of the jazz club. Like Tennessee's dog, Jazz is known to howl along to Louise's saxophone and trumpet music.

Rouge the American Pit Bull (Dog): Female with a red brindle coat and a white patch on her chest along with hazel eyes. While looking for another dog at a dog pound, Louisiana adopted a pit bull she heard was about to be put down due to overcrowding and no one wanting to adopt her. Contrary to the breed's notorious reputation, Rouge is a sweet doge who's incredibly friendly to everyone.

France the American Green Tree Frog: Male that's slightly larger than average. After France sold Louisiana to America, Louisiana found a green frog that same day and decided to name it after the French frog. Sometimes she'll rant her rage onto France the Frog over things such as past grudges or a long, bad day at work.

Big Bill the Brown Pelican: Male that's slightly large than average. Big Bill is more of a friend than a pet, often hanging around the docks who Louise would greet whenever passing by. Sometimes he'll have a clown fish in his mouth for some reason...

Indiana:

Rusty the Orange Tabby (Cat): Male stray with a few scars on its orange pelt and green eyes. Indiana found Rusty snooping around her garage, however, she's been unable to catch him without getting scratches, so she left him alone so far. Rusty's favorite food is lasagna, and he is known to fight strays whenever protecting his territory alongside a small, gray kitten.

Mississippi:

Bear the Zuchon (Dog): Male with a white and toffee coat along with brown eyes. After seeing her fellow states have pets of their own, Missy decided to get Bear from a breeder. Soft, cuddly, friendly, and adorable, Missy is always doting the young puppy with treats, giving Bear a growing chub much to the other states' concerns.

Tedd the Red Fox: Male kit around three months old. Mississippi found the malnourished fox kit hiding under her garden shed, originally planning to release the fox back to the wild after healing him, however, Tedd grew too fond of Missy and she, too, felt the same way. Tedd likes to play with Virginia's American foxhound in their play dates together.

On a side note, I thought on including a Teddy Roosevelt Terrier, but I decided not to in the end. Also, Mississippi once had a Choctaw horse named Magnolia who now resides on Alabama's property with other horses.

Illinois:

Annie the Ragdoll (Cat): Female with a blue, bicolor coat and crystal blue eyes. Around Christmas in 2017, Illinois planned on getting a puppy at the animal shelter but ended up getting a kitten in the end after some convincing from Indiana. Ironically, Annie behaves more like a puppy than an actual cat.

On a side note, I originally planned on Illinois not having any pets, but I decided to give him a cat (which even then he didn't seem like the type to own one).

Alabama:

Dixie the Picardy Shepherd (Dog): Female with a dark fawn coat. Dixie takes a lot like Alabama, loyal, laid-back, sensitive, and stubborn. Because of this, Dixie is hesitant to greet anyone who visit Alabama's home; sometimes growling at newcomers she finds threatening.

Thumper the Altex Rabbit: Male with a white pelt and gray ears. Alabama and Texas were working together to create a new breed of rabbit, appropriately naming it the Altex rabbit (or Texama in Texas's opinion). With one rabbit left to sell, the two got into an argument on who would take the rabbit with them, ending with Alabama winning Thumper in a horseshoe contest.

Crimson Typhoon the Racking Horse: Male with a sorrel coat and a blaze nicknamed Tyson. In the old days, Alabama would ride Crimson Typhoon whenever going from place to place. In modern times, he has the stallion roam around with mares in a fenced area of his property.

Maine:

Clover the Irish Setter (Dog): Female with a russet coat. Wanting to get her Labrador Retriever a friend, Maine got Clover as recommended by Ireland. Clover has proven to be a great hunting dog, equally as skilled as Augusta.

Augusta the Labrador Retriever (Dog): Female with a chocolate coat. On the 100th anniversary of her statehood, Maine got Augusta as a gift from Newfoundland and Labrador. Augusta likes playing in the water, so Maine would often take her to the beach and have her play around in the frothy waves on her days off.

Moxie the Maine Coon (Cat): Female with a long, dark brown tabby coat and green eyes. Maine adores Moxie with fancy treats and constant grooming. In a couple of cat shows together, Moxie won lots awards and ribbons.

American Lobsters: Seven lobsters, each one in a different rare color and pattern (red-orange, yellow, blue, black, multi, calico, and white). Amber, Topaz, Sapphire, Opal, Spooky, Mary, and Crystal are their names in respective order. Most of the lobsters came from other states who Maine begged for them to give to her. 

Dirigo the Moose: Male that's larger than average. Dirigo has always been a pain in Maine's ass, always stalking her wherever she went, resulting in many car crashes and lots of auto repair bills. Dirigo also likes to cause problems with nearby neighbors; one of the most iconic and troublesome was flipping over her neighbor's boat in the water who even Maine didn't know how he could've done it.

Missouri:

Independence the Missouri Fox Trotter (Horse): Female with a grullo coat. Upon becoming a state, Missouri's boss got her a horse as a gift for becoming a state. Since 1958, Missouri and Independence have always participated in the Missouri Fox Trotting Horse World Show and Celebration, usually doing well in show jumping.

Arkansas:

Sawyer the Feist (Dog): Male with short ears, a natural tail, and a black and tan coat with white on the chest and paws. Arkansas got Sawyer from a pound. Once quiet and reserved, Sawyer has become a feisty, hunting dog willing to chase down anything Arkansas commands.

On a side note, I originally planned on not giving Arkansas any pets, however, websites stated the state to have the highest number of dog-owners. Since Arkansas doesn't have a specific dog breed, I had to improvise and ended up choosing a Feist. I had thought on going the Vermont route and give Arkansas four dogs, however, I don't see Arkansas owning that many dogs. Also, I had though on giving Arkansas a black bear, however, I decided not to for various reasons.

Michigan:

Mittens the Ocicat (Cat): Female with a lavender silver, spotted pelt and gold eyes. Wanting to prove who's got the "better wild-domestic cat", Michigan got Mittens and trained her to do things Ohio's cat can't do such as sit, speak, and fetch. Like her owner, Mittens is known to taunt Ohio's cat, sometimes getting into cat fights with its rival.

Patch the Wolverine: Male that's slightly larger than average. Patch is known to be a loner, rarely getting along with anybody except Michigan who he seems not to mind. Patch's favorite snack is Canadian maple syrup (must be Canadian or else he'll know).

Florida:

Blossom the American Alligator: Female about four feet in length (for the past hundred years so far). This alligator is usually docile until becoming aggressive whenever somebody threatens her or her owner. Florida has recently worried over Blossom's stunt growth despite the veterinarian's diagnosis of Blossom to be perfectly fine and healthy.

Banana the Burmese Python: Male about thirteen feet in length with white and yellow scales and red, beady eyes. Banana's original owners were first-time snake owners who didn't think Banana would grow that big, so they sold the snake to Florida who has taken care of Banana ever since. Despite his large, frightening appearance, Banana has a shy temperament with a big appetite for mice rather than human flesh.

Sunny the Green Iguana: Female with orange scales (fun fact: green iguanas come in many colors such as yellow, black, blue, even red!). Florida found Sunny in an orange tree in the aftermath of a hurricane, helping nurse the iguana before adopting her. Contrary to her carnivorous companions, Sunny doesn't eat meat, so Florida is attentive to feed her kale salads and mango slices.

Gladius the Red-Tailed Boa: Male about six feet in length with a red and light brown, camouflage pattern. During a vacation in the Caribbean, Florida came across a few and fell in love with them. Since getting Gladius, she often shows the tame boa off to her fellow states, often scaring them in the process.

Mimi the Bottlenose Dolphin: Female that's slightly larger than average. More of a friend than a pet, Mimi was nursed back to health by Florida and wildlife officials after getting hit by a motorboat. On occasion, Lemon would give Florida rides on her back, giving Florida a chance to show off in front of the rest of the states.

On a side note, there are so many pets I considered having Florida own. This includes: an American Crocodile, a Florida Manatee, a Gopher Tortoise, a Florida White Rabbit, a Greyhound, and more reptiles I considered before recognizing the list I've made will get way out of control and will be hard to remember. Also, Florida had a Florida Cracker Horse named Fire Cracker who now resides on Alabama's property.

Texas:

Lacy Blue the Blue Lacy (Dog): Female with a bluish-gray coat and brown eyes nicknamed Lacy. Texas got Lacy as one of the first puppies of its breed to have her work on the ranch. Not only can Lacy round up longhorns and scare away wild boars without a problem, she was also trained to fetch beer from the fridge (mind-blowing!).

Rebel the Rough Collie (Dog): Male with a sable coat. Texas claims Rebel to be a litter mate to Reveille V, often bragging this fact to anyone visiting her home. Whenever American football season comes around, Rebel would always taunt the longhorns for some reason...

Lucy the Texas Heeler (Dog): Female with a smooth, black coat with white and tan spots around its head and chest along with adorning brown eyes. Texas found an abandoned puppy in a ditch on her way back from work, slightly malnourished, but still alive and teething. She originally thought about giving the pup away, however, her own dogs love Lucy so much Tex decided to keep her.

Astraea the American Quarter Horse: Female racing/hunter type with a solid black coat and a white star on its forehead. Astraea was given to Texas as a gift from Stephen F. Austin. Today, Astraea is used for rounding up longhorns and barrel racing at rodeos.

Armageddon the Nine-banded Armadillo: Males that's slightly larger than average. Ironically, Armageddon is a skittish creature who'll either attempt to curl up into a ball or run away from danger. Texas's dogs would sometimes use the rolled-up armadillo as their play thing, so Tex is always protective of the little guy.

Beefcake and the Texas Longhorns: Texas adores every member of the herd, naming some of them after heroes in her revolution. She would even hang around them in their pens on foot and play with the younger cattle. The head bull, Beefcake, has a deal with Rebel, so Tex is always careful to keep these two apart during football season.

On a side note, I thought on giving Texas a Cheetoh (cat) and a Mini Rex (rabbit), but I didn't want the list too long, so I cut them out from the list. Also, Texas once had a problem with the Chupacabra.

Iowa:

Farm Animals: Iowa has a dairy cow named Waterloo, a dairy goat named Ida, a lamb named Bloom, two pigs named Sheldon and Walnut, and six chickens named in the following order: Barbie, Benedict, Biscuit, Dumpling, Nugget, and Omelet. Iowa adores each member on his farm. For some reason, about half his dreams consist of him eating one of his chickens.

On a side note, Iowa doesn't have many state animals, nor any pet breeds created or associated in his state. Even then, I reason he, the farm boy he is, has farm animals, so I gave him some animals he would have in my opinion. For anyone wanting to know the specific breeds, here's it is: American Milking Devon (cow), Kinder Goat, Polypay (Sheep), American Yorkshire and Hereford (pigs), and Iowa Blue (chickens). I also thought on including an American Cream Draft (horse), but I decided not to in the end.

Wisconsin:

Butterscotch the American Water Spaniel (Dog): Female with a marcel, chocolate coat and chocolate brown eyes. Butterscotch was formerly a duck-hunting dog before its original owners switched to using other dog breeds, leaving Buttercup in the care of Dr. Fred J. Pfeifer. Wisconsin would come to adopt Butterscotch and help save the breed from extinction.

Buttercup the Miniature Dachshund (Dog): Female with a long, buttery blonde coat. Wanting to get Butterscotch a companion, Wisconsin went to an animal shelter and fell in love with the golden coated dachshund. At first, Buttercup and Butterscotch didn't get along, but eventually they've gotten use to each other's presence while having to share Wisconsin's love and attention.

Butters the American Badger: Male that's slightly larger than average. Not necessarily a pet rather than a neighbor who happened to dig a large burrow under Wisconsin's house. Despite Butterscotch's skills to dig the badger out, the badger still lives in the burrow without causing trouble so far.

Dairy Cattle: Wisconsin owns a dairy cattle farm where every individual cow is named after a dairy or dessert product. Wisconsin can recognize individuals without a problem. Rumors has it one of her dairy cows has a crush on one of Texas's longhorns.

On a side note, Wisconsin's American Water Spaniel was originally named Brownie, however, I decided to change it to fit in with the "butter-themed" names.

California:

Leia the Kyi-Leo (Dog): Female with a gold and white coat and brown eyes. Leia is a delicate puppy who's always pampered 24/7, occasionally brought in California's tote bag during trips across the country. Cali is extremely protective of her small dog as much as Leia is to her owner.

Nala the California Spangled (Cat): Female with a gold, spotted pelt and hazel eyes. Nala is a sociable cat who likes to stand on top, sometimes literally on shelves and cat trees, peering down on insignificant humans. One of her bad habits is pouncing on her owner's head without warning just to get California to pay attention to her.

Holly the Californian Rabbit: Female with a white pelt and mocha points. Holly formerly starred in Hollywood movies as a back-up rabbit, eventually getting adopted by California after her retirement. Despite her old age, she's still lively as ever.

Jin the Golden Hamster: Male with a "Golden Bear" pelt. Jin is on the chubby side since California tends to overfeed him, especially with sunflower seeds. Unaware to Cali, Jin would escape from his cage and visit other hamsters in this secret world of hamsters humans aren't aware of.

Goldfish: A large tank full of goldfish of various types, sizes, and genders. Despite keeping them for so long, California doesn't remember their names. The numbers in the tank seem to fluctuate over the years for some reason...

On a side note, there were a lot of animals I could've gave California, however, I didn't want there to be too many animals, so I had to narrow the list. Also, Cali once had a Grizzly bear cub as a pet before the bear went extinct, leaving Cali heartbroken for many days. America and every state gave Cali a teddy bear to help make her feel better which slightly worked. Even then, Cali still misses Goldilocks...

Minnesota:

Peanut the Beagle-Mix (Dog): Female with a black and white coat. Minnesota got the runt from an animal shelter, raising the imaginative dog with love and care. Peanut likes to wear red scarves, get on top of her doghouse, and howl for no reason other than to weird Minnie out.

Lightning the White Shepherd (Dog): Female with a white coat and black nose. Minnesota trained Lightning to do many things such as hunting, obedience, and tricks such as handshakes and balancing a Jenga tower of dog biscuits on her muzzle. Fun fact, Lightning is big a fan of Hollywood movies, especially ones with dog heroes in it.

Grace the Ragamuffin (Cat): Female with a white pelt and hazel eyes. Grace is a friendly, docile cat who likes her own very much. Every year, Minnesota dresses Grace up in a muffin costume which Grace surprisingly doesn't seem to mind.

Paul the Gopher: More of a pest than an actual pet. Paul and his family of gophers have invaded Minnie's house, causing problems for Minnie in the form of holes all over her yard. Despite having traps and exterminators do the work, the gophers continue to use Minnie's house as their own.

Oregon:

Doug the Newfoundland: Male with a thick, black coat. One the 100th anniversary of her statehood, Oregon got a Newfoundland (dog) from Newfoundland and Labrador (a Canadian Province). Doug is always sweet and gentle with children; he's not sweet with the neighborhood squirrels however.

Tabitha the LaPerm (Cat): Female with a long, tortoiseshell pelt and hazel eyes. While looking for a pet at an animal shelter, Oregon found Tabitha's curly hair cute and adopted the cat within a blink of an eye. Tabitha is known for her playful personally, always tempting Oregon to play with her instead of working on other important things.

Cocoa the American Beaver: Female with a dark chocolate pelt that's slightly smaller than average. Since saving Cocoa from an oil spill off the coast of her home, Oregon, so far, has no idea on what to do with Cocoa, whether to let her live with her or force her to go back to the wild. Cocoa seems perfectly fine chewing on Oregon's furniture however.

On a side note, as of March 2018, there have been talks of an Oregon state dog. The bills introduced include one in support for the Border Collie and the other in favor of shelter pets. I might come back to Oregon and give her either dog after this announcement, so keep an eye out for updates to this section in the future. Also, Oregon once owned an Oregon Rex, however, it disappeared from her home one day...

Kansas:

Terry the Cairn Terrier (Dog): Male with a black coat. Influenced by the Wonderful Wizard of Oz, Kansas got Terry from a breeder. Kansas was disappointed to hear the breed wouldn't become her state dog, but she loves Terry nevertheless.

Dorothy the Munchkin (Cat): Female with a soft, cream and white pelt and pale blue eyes. Wanting to get Terry a companion, Kansas went to an animal shelter and fell in love with a cute kitten there. She didn't know if Terry was going to like Dorothy, but luckily for her he and Dorothy get along just fine.

West Virginia:

Hunter the Black and Tan Virginia Foxhound (Dog): Male with a black and tan coat. Having a problem with his weight as of recently, West Virginia got Hunter from a friend of his, hoping he can become more active and lose some weight. Hunter is usually energetic and playful around other dogs except Virginia's for some reason.

Marty the Shiloh Shepherd (Dog): Male with plush, silver sable coat and dark brown eyes (a more wolf-like German Shepherd basically). Recently, West Virginia found out one of his neighbors had been abusing Marty, so he took it upon himself to steal the dog (stealing is never good; call authorities instead). A string of complicated events later, Marty can forever live with West Virginia from now on.

On a side note, West Virginia was supposed to have one dog, but I decided to include the Shiloh Shepherd as a reference to a book I read during my childhood. I would've used a Beagle, but I used that breed for another reference and I didn't want to use the same breed/species twice. Also, West Virginia is obsessed with hunting down the Mothman every weekend, turning up empty while still claiming its very existence.

Nevada:

Felix the Tuxedo (Cat): Male with a solid black pelt with white on all four paws, belly, chest, throat, and chin along with adorning hazel eyes. Nevada found Felix fishing out a buffet's leftovers in a dumpster one night, taking the stray under his wing and giving it actual cat food. Felix would sometimes secretly follow Nevada to work, getting into some sort of trouble 50% of the time.

Trixie the White Rabbit: Female with a white pelt and red eyes. Nevada originally got Trixie as an assistant for his magic tricks, however, she proved to be difficult to work with. She's also a fan of cereal despite Nevada's efforts to lock the fruity cereal up in places the silly rabbit couldn't find it.

Nebraska:

Doesn't Own Any Pets: Nebraska doesn't mind animals; however, she has no plans to have a personal pet of her own. Money and energy are her reasons for not getting a one. She'll occasionally pet-sit Kansas's and Iowa's pets, but that's about it.

On a side note, I really tried finding animals that could serve as a pet for Nebraska, however, I couldn't find any. Plus, another reason I decided to give Nebraska no pets of her own is because Nebraska is one of the states with the least number of pet-owners, at least according to one site I found.

Colorado:

Rocky the Australian Shepherd (Dog): Male with a full length, blue merle coat, and blue eyes. Colorado adopted the once timid pup at an animal shelter. Today, Rocky has become more outgoing, always looking forward to following his owner around his home.

Bronco the Colorado Ranger (Horse): Male with a brown leopard spotted coat. On becoming the 38th state, Colorado was given a Colorado Ranger as a gift. Today, Bronco has become more mellow as of recently, sometimes ridden on trail rides or used to herd up a neighboring ranches livestock as a part of the job.

North Dakota:

Hinto the Nokota Horse: Male with a blue roan coat. While growing up with the Sioux, North Dakota was tasked to tame a wild horse of his own. Hinto proved to be a challenge, but the two managed to get along afterward and remain close ever since.

South Dakota:

Rosebud the Coydog (Dog Hybrid): Female with a fawn coat that's slightly smaller than average. South Dakota found the shy canine snooping around her house one day, and it wasn't until taking her to a vet did she discover Rosebud to be a coyote-dog hybrid. She had difficulty dealing with the extra cautions of caring and training Rosebud, but South Dakota remains patient and doting of the young pup.

Mapiya the American Paint Horse: Female with a chestnut, Medicine Hat pattern and a white coat with blue eyes. While roaming around the Great Plains, South Dakota managed to tame and bond with the wild horse after getting bucked off forty times. South Dakota hasn't seen Mapiya a lot since allowing her to roam around with the wild herds recently, but she knows whenever she needs a ride, Mapiya will always come to her.

Montana:

Sterling the Selkirk Rex (Cat): Male with a short, silvery gray pelt and gold eyes. Sterling is supposedly the great grandson of Miss DePesto, the original ancestor of the breed. The woolly cat likes to lay on Montana's lap or anything soft and warm, snoozing more than half a day.

Casper the Cinnamon Rabbit: Male with a cinnamon brown pelt. Montana got the rabbit from a neighboring family who were giving away rabbits to just about anybody. Casper has not only been a great companion for Montana, but also for Sterling; the two often sleeping by each other's side in Sterling's cat bed which always make adorable photos to put up on Facebook.

Sky the Standardbred (Horse): Female with a dappled gray coat. Upon becoming a territory, Montana was given a horse and expected to start working on the ranch. Montana had a bit of difficulty getting Sky to go in the direction she wanted to go, but she finally got the gist of riding and was able to bond with Sky properly.

Little Cloud the American Grizzly Bear: Male cub that's slightly larger than average. Little Cloud was discovered on the Great Plains without a mother, forcing Montana to act and care for the grizzly cub on her own. Since living under Montana's care, the bear cub rarely grows and has started talking in small sentences as of recently.

Washington:

Alki the Siberian Husky (Dog): Female with an agouti coat and icy blue eyes. While looking for a dog at his local animal shelter, Washington spotted Alki and grew memorized by her wolf-like appearance. Fun fact, one of Alki's favorite chew toys is a Twilight book.

Zeus the Pixie-Bob (Cat): Male with a brown-spotted tabby pelt and gold eyes (looks like a bobcat basically). Zeus is a clever, lively kitty who Washington would occasionally take on walks like a dog, occasionally playing fetch with it. This cat will sometimes chirp and chatter in response to his owner's speech.

Wally the Palomino Rabbit: Male with a beige cream pelt. Wally loves the outdoors, so Washington made the rabbit its own protective pen for it to run around. His favorite snack is crisp, apple slices.

Olive the Olympic Marmot: Female that's slightly smaller than average. While taking pictures in the Olympic National Forest, Washington found the baby marmot alone. Taking pity on the poor creature, Washington raised the marmot until it's ready to be released in the wild which is highly unlikely considering the marmot hasn't aged in the last ten years and likes Washington's garden very much.

Finn the Orca: Male with a short, dorsal fin. More as a friend than a pet, Washington often visits the nearby shore or docks of his home to feed Finn and his pod a bucket of fresh fish. Sometimes he would get Finn to do a couple of tricks and pretend to speak orca to impress a couple of his dates (Finn would occasionally splash water at him and cackle whenever he sees Wash try too hard).

On a side note, I known the Siberian Husky isn't Washington's state pet since its proposal had been turned down, but the dog breed is still connected to the state nevertheless (being one of its college's mascots). Also, Washington is great friends with Bigfoot (or so he claims).

Idaho:

Sweet Pine Foul Face the Bull Terrier (Dog): Female with a brindle and white coat nicknamed Sweet Pine. Idaho wanted to have a dog for the purpose of fetching him beer, however, he quickly learned he had to put in effort to train the pooch before it could do shit for you. Worse off, Sweet Pine refuses to listen to him, always giving him empty, bottles of Budweiser much to his annoyance.

Potoooooooo (Pot-8-Os) the Appaloosa (Horse): Male with a dark brown coat with a blanket and leopard spots. Back in the old days when Idaho grew up on a potato farm, Potoooooooo was his only friend who he would rode to wherever around his home. Since moving into the suburbs, he placed Potoooooooo on a nearby horse farm in his home, occasionally riding through nature trails on his day off.

On a side note, Idaho has a strange way of naming things. I wish everyone luck on figuring out the references for finding such names. Also, while I was looking at mythical creature, there was a website that listed a Soaring Night Potato (a potato with bird wings) which I wanted to include as a joke, but I decided not to in the end.

Wyoming:

Big Blaze the Blazer Horse: Male with a buckskin coat whose name isn't related to weed as Wyoming would constantly point out. Wyoming got Big Blaze as his trusty horse during the Wild West days, helping the young sheriff round up bad guys with his power kicks and enduring speed. Today, Big Blaze helps round up the American bison Wyoming keeps on his ranch.

Bulldozer and the American Bison: Male that's larger than average. Scarred by the near extinction of buffalo on the Great Plains, Wyoming raised and bred one of the few herds on his ranch. Bulldozer is his favorite among the group, often allowing Bulldozer to lounge around the living room and kitchen (shocking everyone except America and Texas).

Jack the Jackalope: Male from what Wyoming guessed which even then has a hard time believing it's real. He thinks a bunch of drunks or stupid teenagers glue small antelope antlers on the rabbit, yet on closer inspection it looks natural. Jack would have the uncanny ability to escape or disappear whenever Wyoming tries to keep the rabbit in a cage for more than thirty minutes.

Utah:

Bumblebee: The bumblebee has no name because Utah couldn't come up with one although the various names he calls the insect include Bumbles, Bee, and B.B. The bee isn't considered a pet, but it usually buzzes around Utah out of nowhere whenever the state is in a jolly mood. Despite the bee's harmless nature, some states remain wary of the bee stinging them.

Oklahoma:

Golden Wind the American Indian Paint Horse: Female with a pinto, overo, palomino coat. Oklahoma got Golden Wind from a wild horse herd, helping him on rides and exploring the Great Plains. The two were also involved in the Wild West days.

On a side note, I checked Oklahoma's state symbols, and I couldn't decide on an official animal I would call one of Oklahoma's pet. In the end, I headcanon a bunch of American animals like deer, raccoons, and squirrels occasionally popping up around Oklahoma like a Disney princess.

New Mexico:

Pepe the Chihuahua (Dog): Male with a smooth, cream coat and a deer head. New Mexico got him from his neighbor, Chihuahua (one of Mexico's states), whose own chihuahua had puppies, one of them being Pepe. Despite Pepe's cute, harmless appearance, he's known to bark at strangers, prone to biting guests' toes, and causing more trouble than a five-year old child.

Giselle the Ojos Azules (Cat): Female with a lynx point pelt and beautiful blue eyes. Contrary to New Mexico's personality, Giselle is calm, elegant, and possibly smarter than her owner. Giselle would often tease Pepe around the house, intentionally getting Pepe to create a mess and get him in trouble.

Navi the Spanish Jennet (Horse): Female with a dark bay, pintado coat. In the old days of the Wild West, Navi was a reliable horse who helped New Mexico catch up to Arizona and her horse whenever running away from the law. Fun fact, Navi's favorite holiday is Christmas because New Mexico would usually give her a bunch of treats like apples and carrots that day.

Ally the Alien: A gray, humanoid figure with red almond eyes that's slightly shorter than Tony. Since the Roswell Incident, Ally has stayed in New Mexico's home eating bags of chips and playing video games almost every day. New Mexico doesn't know what to do with the alien, scared to do anything due to all sorts of conspiracies and worries wrapped up in his head.

Arizona:

Krazy the Chihuahua (Dog): Female with an apple head, a long, copper coat, and black eyes. Arizona got Krazy from the Mexican state, Chihuahua, who's a younger litter mate to New Mexico's dog. Krazy is incredibly hyperactive, always jumping around and yipping at anything that moves.

Ahiga the Cerbat Mustang (Horse): Male with a bay coat and a long mane. Arizona was known to be a criminal back in the Wild West days, relying on Ahiga on getaways from the police. Arizona has released Ahiga back with wild horses, however, she still keeps in touch with Ahiga whenever visiting the reservations and parks.

Ahote the Ring-tailed Cat (Not a Cat): Male who's slightly smaller than average. Arizona had Ahote since the early days, having him around to get rid of rodents around the copper mines. Today, Ahote is kept in his own room, known to be active at night.

Kofa the Arizona Desert Hairy Scorpion: Male that's slightly larger than average. Arizona found the little guy roaming around her home and decided to keep him as a pet. Arizona likes to put Kofa around random spots of New Mexico's house, freaking him out every time.

Abequa the Arizona Desert Tarantula: Female that's slightly larger than average. Like Kofa, Arizona found the arachnid one night and decided to keep her. Despite getting bitten by Abequa on numerous accidental occasions, it appears Arizona is immune to the spider's mild venom.

Alaska:

Khuno and Khione the Alaskan Huskies (Dog): Brother and sister with gray and white coats and blue eyes. Alaska got the siblings from a neighbor who was unable to raise them due to financial reasons. Khuno is known to always cause a mess while Khione is known to curl up in small places despite her large size.

Yeti and Yuki the Alaskan Malamutes (Dog): Brother and sister with black and white coats and brown eyes. Alaska got the siblings from a friend who worked as a breeder. Yeti is known to howl a lot while Yuki is known to sneak up on visitors whenever they aren't looking.

Kai the Alaskan Klee Kai (Dog): Male runt with a red and white coat and icy blue eyes. Despite his small stature, Kai considers himself to be the pack leader among Alaska's malamutes and huskies. However, he's quite skittish around those taller than him, constantly barking at them before passing out from exhaustion.

Selkie the Russian Domesticated Red Fox (Tamed Silver Fox): Female with a silver and white coat and brown eyes. On the day she became an American state, Alaska was surprised to see Russia sent her a gift in the form of a silver fox. Alaska was a bit reluctant to accept the gift, but she nevertheless accepted the sweet Selkie as a part of her family

Kodiak the Kodiak Bear: Male bear cub that's slightly larger than average. Kodiak lost its mother to hunters, causing the poor, orphan cub to find Alaska and be brought up by her. Kodiak has become good friends with Alaska's polar bear; learning to talk thanks to it in fact.

Whitesnow the Polar Bear: Female cub that's slightly smaller than average. Alaska found the lonely polar bear cub freezing one night in the woods and decided to take care of her as a surrogate mother of sorts. Whitesnow has learned to talk thanks to Kumajirou (Canada's polar bear).

Hawaii:

Hoku the Mutt (Dog): Male with a short, solid white coat, brown eyes, pointed ears, and a long tail. Hoku is a glutton, giving him a round belly that's often mistaken for worms. It doesn't help Hawaii keeps spoiling the pup with human food, so the states are always attentive on making sure the dog doesn't die from obesity (a common issue for pets in America).

On a side note, Hawaii once had a Hawaiian Poi Dog of the same name and appearance. Back then, native Hawaiians ate these dogs as meat was a scarce resource on the islands. When Hawaii was born, she quickly learned the dog Ancient Hawaii brought to her home was going to be used for food. Having already bonded with the dumb, pudgy, stubborn mutt, she refused to eat dog meat and insisted her sister spare the poor dog. Since keeping the dog, Hawaii grew fond of him until his inevitable disappearance around the same time as her sister's disappearance...

Washington D.C.:

Doesn't Have Any Pets: D.C. doesn't mind animals, but due to her hectic schedule she doesn't have the time to care for one. She's quite fond of the other states' dogs and cats however.

On a side note, I would like to believe D.C. can see the ghosts of previous U.S. presidents.

~

For anyone wondering how many animals the states have in total, about 140 without accounting past pets and those in groups. Again, this is a long list, so don't try to remember every pet there is. Overall, thank you for reading this fun side chapter, and I hope you continue reading this series.

~

Feel free to vote or leave a comment on your thoughts of states' animals, creatures, and pets in general.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 5.7K 23
Born with incredible powers that she struggles to control, Wanda's life takes a tragic turn when she loses her parents at a young age during an attac...
595K 21.6K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
20.4K 641 21
Grian had spent his whole life running. Running away from Evo. Running away from YandereHigh. Running away from Sam. He was sick of it. So when he fi...
9.3K 428 24
~Complete~ "Watchers, if Xelqua had to explain them, he would say that they are the unseen entity that looked over servers and protected them from th...