Light In The Darkness(Superna...

By HopeSparksEmbers

Ella Winchester is the youngest of the Winchester siblings. She grows up surrounded by the supernatural. Rais... More

The Beginning Part 1
Ella's Origins Part 1
Ella's Origins Part 2
Ella's Origins Part 3
Pilot Part 1
Pilot Part 2
Pilot Part 3
Pilot Part 4
Pilot Part 5
Pilot Part 6
Pilot Part 7
Pilot Part 8
Pilot Part 9
Wendigo Part 1
Wendigo Part 2
Wendigo Part 3
Wendigo Part 4
Wendigo Part 5
Wendigo Part 6
Wendigo Part 7
Wendigo Part 8
Dead In The Water 1
Dead In The Water 2
Dead In The Water 3
Dead In The Water 4
Dead In The Water 5
Dead In The Water 6
Dead In The Water7
Coming Clean
Phantom Traveler 1
Phantom Traveler 2
Phantom Traveler 3
Phantom Traveler 4
Phantom Traveler 5
Phantom Traveler 6
Phantom Traveler 7
Phantom Traveler 8
Bloody Mary 1
Bloody Mary 2
Bloody Mary 3
Bloody Mary 4
Bloody Mary 5
Bloody Mary 6
Bloody Mary 7
Bloody Mary 8
Bloody Mary 9
Bloody Mary 10
Skin 1
Skin 2
Skin 3
Skin 4
Skin 5
Skin 6
Skin 7
Skin 8
Hook Man 1
Hook Man 2
Hook Man 3
Hook Man 4
Hook Man 5
Hook Man 6
Hook Man 7
Hook Man 8
Hook Man 9
Hook Man 10
Hook Man 11
Bugs 1
Bugs 2
Bugs 3
Bugs 4
Bugs 5
Bugs 7
Bugs 8
Bugs 9
Bugs 10
Home 1
Home 2
Home 3
Home 4
Home 5
Home 6
Home 7
Home 8
Home 9
Home 10
Home 11
Home 12
Winchesters Keep Marchin' On
Asylum 1
Asylum 2
Asylum 3
Asylum 4
Asylum 5
Asylum 6
Asylum 7
Asylum 8
Asylum 9

Bugs 6

2.7K 78 18
By HopeSparksEmbers

On the drive over to the Pike's house I pulled out my journal and began drawing something new. I couldn't help wondering what it was gonna be this time.

Then my stomach growled and I smirked as I remembered the delicious candy I had secretly stashed away in my bag. I glanced over at Sam and saw that he was preoccupied with looking out the window. I took this as my chance to shoved a whole handful of chocolate covered gummy bears in to my mouth. I quickly hid my face behind my journal, because I didn't want Sammy to confiscate my candy stash again or worse replace it with healthy snacks. I looked down at my journal and continued to draw with a giant grin on my face, because the sugar was starting to kick in.

Suddenly I felt the car come to a complete stop and heard Dean turn off the engine. I set down my journal on the seat next to me while looking out the window. As I took in my surrounding I felt confused, because I thought we were going to the Pike's house to talk to Matt.

"Dee aren't we gonna talk to Matt? Why are we parked so far away from his house?"I asked while unbuckling my seat belt and leaning on the front seat in between my brothers.

"Check it out."Dean replied while pointing out the front window.

I looked out the window and saw Matt getting off the yellow school bus that was parked across the street.

My brothers and I watched as Matt stared to walk towards the woods which was weird, because he was going in the opposite direction from where he lived.

"Isn't his house that way?"Dean asked while pointing towards the Pike's house.

"Yup."Sam replied with a nod.

"So where's he going?"Dean asked while looking at Sam and I.

"Let's go find out."I said enthusiastically while opening the car door and getting out.

"El wait!"I heard Dean yell as I closed the car door shut.

I was fueled by sugar and my determination to prove that Matt was innocent.

I could hear my brothers getting out of the car as I quickly walked towards the path Matt had taken into the woods. I was about less than five feet away from the car when I was pulled back by my arm and turned around. I came face to face with a very angry Dean.

"Hello.... big brother."I said nervously with a giant toothy smile. I was hoping he wouldn't be too mad that I took off after Matt.

"El, how many times do I have to tell you not to run off? Matt could be dangerous."Dean said while glaring at me.

"But he's not Dee."I said while shaking my head.

"I'm serious, stay close okay."Dean said while staring at me. Then he started to lead the way in to the woods where Matt went.

"Okay, geez, overprotective much."I mumbled under my breath while walking behind him and Sammy.

We all followed Matt as he walked further into the woods down a dirt path. All of a sudden he stopped in front of a large tree and put his backpack on the ground. We watched as he picked up a giant grasshopper off one of the tree's branches. I wanted to get a closer look and took a step forward, but Dean pulled me back by my hood.

"El where do you think your goin'?"Dean asked quietly while staring at me with a serious look on his face.

"I wanna see the big grasshopper."I answered with a pout while looking up at Dean with my puppy dog eyes.

"No, not gonna happen, stay behind me."Dean ordered sounding kinda like Dad.

"You don't let me have any fun."I whined under my breath while crossing my arms over my chest.

"This isn't about fun El, this is about keeping you safe, so stop whining."Dean said while looking at me with a serious expression on his face.

"Whatever, I'm not talking to you."I replied while rolling my eyes.

"Fine."Dean said sounding annoyed while walking towards Sam.

I glared at Dean, because I had a very strong feeling that it wasn't Matt causing the bugs to go all crazy on people. I just wish he would believe me, why did he have to be so difficult?

I let out a big frustrated sigh and dragged my feet while slowly trailing behind my brothers.

I watched as Sam and Dean stood in front of Matt. I picked up my pace and when I made it over to them I heard Sam ask,"Hey Matt remember me?"

He looked back at my brothers and I while saying,"What are you guys doing out here?"

"Well, we wanna talk to you."Dean said while standing in front of me blocking my view.

"You're not here to buy a house are you?"Matt asked sounding nervous. I knew my brothers were probably freaking him out.

"W-wait, you're not serial killers?"Matt asked while stuttering nervously.

Both of my brothers laughed and I rolled my eyes while pushing past both of them, so I could help defuse the situation.

"Seriously you guys are freaking him out."I said while glaring back at my brothers.

I stood in front of Matt while saying,"Don't worry they're harmless, annoying, but harmless."

Dean quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me back behind him.

"Hey, now I can't see."I whined while staring at the back of Dean's head.

"That's the point."Dean responded while looking back at me over his shoulder.

I stuck my tongue out at him and he rolled his eyes. Seriously it's moments like this it sucks to be the youngest and shortest.

"So Matt you know a lot about insects."Dean said while staring Matt down.

"So?"Matt replied with a shrug while looking at Dean.

"Did you hear what happened to Lynda, the realtor?"Dean asked while staring him down.

"I heard she... died this morning."Matt answered sounding anxious.

"That's right, spider bites."Dean said while eyeing Matt suspiciously.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes, because I had a very strong feeling that it wasn't him.

"Matt, you tried to scare her with a spider."Sam added while staring at Matt.

"Wait, you think I had something to do with that?"Matt asked in disbelief with his eyes wide open in shock.

I shook my head and replied,"No."

"El don't."Dean said while looking back at me over his shoulder.

I sighed in frustration while crossing my arms over my chest. Seriously Dean was acting like Matt was gonna attack us at any minute. He was harmless why couldn't Dean see that?

"How about you tell us Matt."Dean said in a serious tone while staring at Matt with his eyebrow raised.

"That tarantula was a joke."Matt explained while looking back at him.

"Told ya Dee."I said in a teasing tone with a smirk on my face.

"El shush."Dean said while quickly glancing over at me and let's just say he did not look happy.

When he turned his back to me I stuck my tongue out at him, because I really hate being shushed.

"Hey, that wouldn't explain the bee attack or the gas company guy."Matt said while looking at my brothers.

"You know about those?"Sam asked while staring at Matt with his brow furrowed.

"There's something going on here, I don't know what, but something's happening with the insects."He said while putting the grasshopper back on the tree.

"Let me show you guys something."He said while putting on his backpack over his shoulder and walking down a dirt trail that lead further into the woods.

Sam followed right behind Matt, then Dean and me bringing up the rear. Dean was being crazy overprotective and kept me behind him, so I wouldn't be anywhere near Matt.

"So if you knew about all this bug stuff, why not tell your dad, maybe he could clear everybody out."Sam said while walking besides Matt.

Matt turned towards him and said,"Believe me I've tried, but Larry doesn't listen to me."

"Why not?"I asked curiously wondering what he meant.

"Mostly, he's too disappointed in his freak son."He responded while continuing to walk further down the trail.

"I hear you."Sam said sounding like he understood, while walking right behind Matt.

"You do?"Dean asks in disbelief while staring at Sam.

Sam turned back towards Dean and rolled his eyes.

I was kinda sad that Sam would sympathize with Matt's issues with his father. It's like ever since Sam came back with us he's just been so negative about Dad. I know he's had some issues with Dad in the past when we were little. There's also the whole big Stanford argument, but little does Sammy know how much Dad cares about him. For Dad it's not about Stanford or keeping Sam from having fun, it's about keeping him safe. I just keep wishing that when we meet up with Dad again they'll finally reconcile. Then I felt like complete idiot, because I was arguing with Dean while all he was trying to do was keep me safe just like Daddy. I looked over at Dean and felt bad for arguing with him.

I was snapped out my thoughts by Sam asking,"Matt how old are you?"

"Sixteen."He replied as he continued to walk down the dirt trail.

"Well, don't sweat it, because in two years something great's gonna happen."Sam said with while walking next to Matt.

"What?"Matt asked while looking over at Sam curiously.

"College, you'll be able to get out of that house and away from your dad."Sam responded with a grin.

"What kind of advice is that? A kid should stick with his family."Dean said while glaring at Sam.

Sam rolled his eyes and completely ignored Dean as he walked behind Matt.

I looked over at Dean and smiled while saying,"I'm sorry Dee."

"I thought you weren't talking to me?"Dean asked with his eyebrow raised.

"Yeah, but that was before I realized that you were only trying to keep me safe... just like Daddy."I replied with a slight smile.

"Okay did I miss something?"Dean asked while looking at me like he was confused by my sudden change of heart.

"Well, after listen to Sam and Matt talk, I just... don't want us to end up like Sammy and Daddy, arguing and not getting along."I explained anxiously while looking at him.

"Don't worry El, cause I'm not gonna let that happen, okay."Dean reassured with a grin.

"Okay, and thanks for watching out for me Dee."I said with a big smile.

"Hey it's my job, no matter what, I'll always watch out for my annoying little sister."Dean said while putting an arm around my shoulder as we continued to walk.

"Awe, I love you too Dee, my annoying big brother."I replied while giving him a side hug.

"All right Squirt, let's go catch up with Sammy."Dean said while looking down at me with a smile as we pulled out of our hug.

Right when we caught up to Sam he said,"How much further Matt?"

"We're close."Matt answered while walking further down the trail.

"Yay, finally cause this is the longest freaking trail ever."I said under my breath.

"We've only been walking for less than ten minutes."Dean said while looking at me with his brow furrowed.

"I know, but I'm hungry, I can't wait to get back to the car and devour some of my candy."I responded excitedly with a smirk, which caused him to chuckle while shaking his head.

Then we walked into a large clearing. We stopped and listened to the sounds of different types of insects within the trees. It was weird I've never heard anything like this before.

"I've been keeping track of insect populations, it's part of an AP Science class."Matt explained while looking at Sam, Dean and I.

"You two are like peas in a pod."Dean said with a smirk while looking over at Sam.

Sam ignored Dean and asked,"What's been happening?"

"A lot I mean, from bees to earthworms, beetles, you name it, it's like they're congregating here."Matt explained.

"Why?"Sam asked with an eyebrow raised.

"I don't know."Matt answered while shaking his head.

Suddenly a chill went down my back and the sound of many voices whispering in the distance caught my attention. The voices sounded like they were muffled and I couldn't quite make out what they were saying.It's as if they were talking another language. I bit my lip nervously and started to walk towards the voices which sounded like it was coming from a creepy looking dark patch of grass. With each step I took toward it the voices seemed to be getting louder.

Then the temperature dropped so fast that it made my entire body shiver. I wanted to stop and go back, but it felt like I was being pulled towards it against my will by an invisible force. All of a sudden I felt something grab my arm and pull me back causing the voices to stop.

I looked back over my shoulder and saw that it was Dean. He was holding on to my arm while staring at me with a look of concern on his face.

"Dee?"I asked feeling confused while looking right at him.

"You didn't hear me?"He asked with an eyebrow raised.

"No..."I said while shaking my head.

"Ella Dean called you multiple times but you wouldn't respond, you just kept walking away from us. It's like you completely zoned out."Sam explained with a worried expression on his face.

"What, I seriously didn't hear you Dee? I only heard...."I said while looking back at them.

"Heard what?"Sam asked with his brow furrowed.

"Whispering voices."I whispered only loud enough for my brothers to hear. I didn't want Matt to hear what I was saying and think that I was crazy for hearing voices no one else could.

"What voices?"Dean asked with his brow furrowed.

"The ones coming from over there."I whispered while pointing to a dark patch of grass that was a few feet away.

"What is that?"Sam asked while looking over to where I was pointing.

I shrugged then replied quietly,"I don't know but... it's got my spidey senses tingling, if you know what I mean. Something's there, something strong and it's trying really hard to pull me towards it....whether I want to or not."

"I'm not letting that happen, you stay here with Sam while I go check it out okay."Dean said while standing in front of me blocking my view of the dark patch of grass.

"Okay."I replied with a nod while looking in his eyes.

"Watch her."Dean said to Sam.

"I will."Sam said while coming to stand by my side.

Then Matt stood next to us and looked over at Dean with a confused expression on his face.

We watched as Dean walked over to the patch of dark grass. Right when I looked down at it I heard the muffled voices again. They were coming from under the ground. I felt like I was being pulled against my will towards it again. I wanted to stop, but I just kept going forward until I felt someone grab my arm and pull me back. I quickly turned and saw Sam holding onto my arm while looking down at me with concern.

"I zoned out again, didn't I?"I asked nervously while looking up at him.

"Yeah, are you okay?"Sam asked with concern while still holding on to my arm.

"I think so..."I responded while nodding my head.

Sam and I looked over at Dean as he stepped on the patch of dark grass causing it to cave in and create a small hole. From where I was standing I could clearly see that it was filled with thousands of worms. The voices got louder and I felt Sam tighten his hold on my arm. He was the only thing keeping me from being pulled towards whatever was down there.

Dean crouched down in front of the hole and picked up a stick off the ground. He poked the stick into the hole.

"There's something down there."Dean said while throwing the stick aside.

Then he did something that made me cringe, he put his right hand into the worm filled hole. Suddenly the voices changed to loud screams. It was so loud that if filled my ears and head with excruciating pain. I covered my ears with my hands as tears rolled down my cheeks. It's sounded like the screaming was coming from the within the hole. The pain became so bad that I fell to my knees while clutching my head. I closed my eyes and prayed it would just go away.

All of a sudden I could heard my brother's voices calling my name and the screaming stopped. I removed my hands from my ears and breathed a sigh of relief. The cold chills started to go away and I felt someone's hand on my face. When I opened my eyes both Sam and Dean were crouched down in front of me with a worried expressions on their faces.

"Ella can you hear me? Are you okay?"Sam said with concern while wiping away my tears with his hand.

"I think so..."I said while rubbing my throbbing head.

"What did you find in the hole Dee?"I asked while looking over at Dean.

"Some old bones."He replied while showing me the human skull he was holding in his hands.

"What happened El?"Dean asked with concern while checking to see if I was injured.

I could see Matt standing behind my brothers staring at me with a look of concern plastered on his face.

"I'll tell you guys once Matt's gone."I whispered so only my brothers could hear.

"Ella are you okay?"Matt said with concern while looking at me.

He looked pretty freaked out and I didn't want to add to it by letting him hear what really happened to me, so I quickly came up with a lie.

"It was just a headache."I said with a nervous smile trying to cover it up so Matt wouldn't get suspicious.

"That was some headache, I can run back to my house and call for an ambulance if you want Ella."He said with his brow furrowed.

"No!"My brothers and I all said in unison.

"No, It's okay I'll be fine, but thanks."I said trying to reassure him with a slight smile.

"Why don't you go home Matt, thanks for taking us here and telling us about the insects."Sam said while walking over to Matt.

"Yeah, Is she gonna be okay?"Matt asked sounding worried while staring at me.

"Yeah, don't worry she'll be just fine."Dean replied while helping me to my feet.

"Okay... bye."Matt said reluctantly while walking back down the trail.

"Bye."I said with a slight smile while waving my hand.

Once he was gone my brothers turned towards me.

"Okay Matt's gone, what happened El?"Dean asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Well, when you put your hand into that hole the whispering voices changed to loud screams and gave me the worst headache I've ever experienced in my life...It felt like something really wanted us to find those bones."I responded while looking at the skull in his hand.

"Something?"Sam asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah, somethings attached to those bones, ghosts maybe, but this feels different somehow.... whatever were dealing with here it's strong and very angry, but why show us where these bones were buried? What happened here?"

"That's what we gotta find out. Let's go."Dean responded.

We walked down the trail all the way back to where the Impala was parked. When we reached the car Dean opened up the trunk and pulled out a box. He put the bones he found inside the box and placed it on the backseat. Then he called up an Anthropology Professor named Ray at Oklahoma University to set up an appointment with him, so he could examine the bones. We wanted to see if he could help us find out why these old bones were left out here. Maybe this could at least give us a clue to what we were dealing with.

As we got into the car I climbed into the front seat in between my brothers. There was no way I was gonna sit in the back seat with those freaky bones.

We all strapped in and drove off to Oklahoma University to meet with the Anthropology Professor. Even though I couldn't hear the voices anymore my head still hurt a little. Just being near the bones made me feel really uneasy and I couldn't wait until I was far away from them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

998K 39.5K 48
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
318K 14.2K 37
เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ ๐‘ฐ๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
417K 14.6K 90
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
280K 9.5K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. โ” Lando Norris x Fem!OC ยฉ KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...