The Tycoon's Woman

Oleh iartchinyl

29 year old Dominique Acosta is a woman of sophisticated beauty and elegance. She's a woman who's dedicated t... Lebih Banyak

Prologue
Chapter One - New Beginnings
Chapter Two - Lory's Bakery
Chapter Three - Charming Introductions
Chapter Four - Pasts
Chapter Five - Reunion Pt. 1
Chapter Six - Reunion Pt. 2
Chapter Seven - We Meet Again
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter Eight - Accepted
Chapter Nine (Part I): Anniversary Date
NOTICE!
Chapter Nine (Part II): Anniversary Date
Chapter Nine: Anniversary Date (Part III)
Chapter Ten: Towels, Trips and Business Deals
Chapter Eleven: Miami Cakes Calling
Chapter Twelve: Suite Confessions
Thanks You Guys!
Chapter Thirteen: The Disaster Gone Right
Chapter Fourteen: Meeting Her Halfway
Chapter Fifteen: Mistakes
ADVERTISEMENT!
Chapter Seventeen - Date Me Not!
Chapter Eighteen - Surprise.

Chapter Sixteen: The Return

4.4K 150 5
Oleh iartchinyl

"Why the sudden change of mind?"

"I'm sorry, sir." She politely mentioned, "But I don't think it's a good idea for me or I suppose, your personal assistant to be in the same penthouse with her boss. I'd prefer to have my own room please."

She turned around and was about to walk away until he called out her name once again. "Dominique."

"Sir, its Ms Acosta. Please." She insisted, already panicking in her chest, quavering deeply in side and out. Why is she feeling this way? Why so odd? What is happening?

"Ms Acosta. I know you might be feeling quite uncomfortable about what happened, but that doesn't give you any reason to say you want to leave my penthouse." He explained himself. "I don't know what you're feeling but whatsoever happened between the two of us can as well be buried. I apologise though. I guess I was caught up in the moment."

She sighed out of relief although her heart was still racing uncontrollably. She did not feel satisfied and wasn't sure if doing this was the best way to clear things up.

"I'm not saying I did that because I have feelings. I'm not a man of emotions but at that point, I got lost in the moment. I shouldn't have done such and I apologise sincerely. Am I forgiven, Dominique?"

She kept on staring at him, hearing his stern words that technically confused her a bit pass through her eardrums. "It's fine sir."

"So will you still be my roommate for the trip? Besides, I'm gonna miss your cooking if you leave." He smirked, making her fork over a smile and giggle a bit. As timid as she was, she just nodded and walked back into her room.
She bounced on her bed, filled with relief although seemed quite hollow about his words. It seemed so meaningless to him. And she would have liked for it to feel meaningless as well, but the question is, does it?
_______________________________________________

"YOU KISSED YOUR BOSS?" Lory exclaimed loudly on the phone with Dom.

"Okay, no! Technically speaking, he kissed me..."

"And you responded." Lory completed her sentence.

"Can you not rub my face in this? I feel weirded out already."

All she could hear was Lory literally giggling like a little toddler on the phone.

"And this is amusing to you? Dom yelled in a whispering tune.

"Yes."

"Why on earth do I talk to you?"

"Cos I'm your little sister who loves you and you love me too and can't literally hold such a thing in your heart cos it will eat you alive simply because you have not realized your attraction to your boss." Lory answered briefly.

"I'm not attracted to my boss!"

"Right." Lory dragged on the phone. "Anyways, if you feel uncomfortable why don't you just leave the damn apartment?"

"Already tried that but he insisted I stay. I'm not sure if you remember but he's my boss! Plus he said he likes my cooking."

"Who doesn't?"

The two laughed over the phone, then Dom got serious on the phone again.

"Lory, I had a nightmare. The same nightmare again."

Lory sighed. "Oh Lord! Not again. Dominique I have told you a million times. Please, forget about him! He's ruining your life!"

All Dom could do was sigh on the phone and try her very hardest not to cry again. She knew what Lory said was right but doesn't understand why a part of her is still scarred.

"How can a man that is locked behind bars with a restraining order from you still be in your memories? Hugo is the reason why you refused to move on properly. He's psychologically blinding you Dominique."

She still kept mute on the phone, a teardrop rolling down her cheek.

"Dom, are you still there?"

She sniffed. "Yeah I am. I'm hearing you. Loud and clear."

"Please don't do this again Dom. Don't cry over that bastard!"

"I thought he would be the perfect father for my kids." Dom cleaned the tear running down her face and touched her neck where the scar of the knife was, bringing back worse memories. "Every child he killed. Every single one...every...single...."

"Dom stop! Look I will call you back later, okay? You're not in the right state of mind to talk. I have a...date to prepare for."

And immediately, Dom's tears seized. "Did you just say date?"

"I'll explain everything later. Look sis, I love you. Mikey loves you. We love you and we're here for you okay? Once you come back from your trip, I'll bake up a special surprise treat for you. Love you."

"Love you too." And she hung up the phone.

Just as she was about to get up and get ready, a surprising face looked right at her.

"Who killed who?" Santiago asked in a quiet and much worried tune of voice.

Dom froze, not knowing what to say. He heard everything?

********************

Deep in the outskirts of the city lies a dark, tall building. Holding the cities worst set of criminals, murderers, the innocent who were framed and masterminds. Police officers and prison wardens were everywhere, guarding the building with full alert. Noises coming from inside the prison where either men fighting, breaking bottles or literally killing themselves. The only place where the truly belonged.

The prison yard was large, could have taken up half a stadium. Men in orange and grey jumpsuits were busy breaking rocks, digging holes and cutting grass as punishment to keep the surroundings clean. A fight had already broken out between one of the largest, scariest and most built prisoner who had on a grey milky colored uniform which signified life sentence, and a scrawny looking man who had a running temper wearing an orange jumpsuit. They had already gathered around cheering, jeering and trying to separate them before the wardens came in.

A black colored, clean taxi drove in. They went through security and did all procedures before making their visit to see a prisoner. She got down from the car, in her red, Versace stilettos and sashayed into the building and towards where the wardens were seated to send for whom she had come to see. They did a search on her, so she was forced to open up her black velvet clutch purse and keep away her expensive jewelry. The middle aged male warden looked at the extravagant woman and cocked an eyebrow, wondering what a lady like her would be doing here.

"Good afternoon, miss. And who have you come to visit today?"

Her ruby red lipstick painted lips uttered, "Julio Sanchez." In her natural, husky like voice.

The warden grabbed the landline telephone on his desk. "Please send in prisoner 1126890 Julio Sanchez. Thank you." And he dropped the phone back, facing the woman. "My fellow colleague will take you to where you can see him."

She looked at the other warden standing beside her and followed him to where he was directing her to.
___________________________

She crossed her legs and waited, feeling a bit irritated though. Having to see these gross, horrible looking prisoners. Different forms of scary looks and smells. Definitely uncomfortable. It gave her a stomach upset. She adjusted her cream jacket gown and kept contemplating round the environment which was very unappealing to her.

There goes that buzz sound. And in came the prisoner she had to come to see along with a warden escorting him. He was beaten, weak and had an injury across his left eye. He looked drenched. His dusty brown hair seemed a bit wet and his orange jumpsuit had blood stains on it. She rolled her eyes and threw her sight away from him as he arrived and sat in front of her.

"You have a maximum of one hour with him." And the warden walked away to his post.

Julio was a handsome looking man, just that being in prison wasn't the best place to prove it. He had a fresh injury on his lips, and he licked it and smirked as he gazed at the beautiful woman.

"And what brings you here again, Juliette?" Julio said slowly and dramatically .

Juliette threw her intimidating stare at him again with a devious smile on her face. "Don't you miss me darling?"

"After like how many years? Ten? Fifteen?" His deep and throaty voice replied.

"Can't an old friend pay a simple visit?" Juliette said cunningly.

"Listen blondie. You know very well that you're the number one person who wants me locked up and dead in this cell."

"Apart from your ex wife?" She interrupted.

"Cut to the chase." His tune became stern. "What do you want, Juliette?"

She drew her chair closer to the table and placed her two hands on it. "To get you out of here. We've got a lot of work to do."

He smirked. "Work? What work?"

"You've heard about Santi hitting a goldmine haven't you?"

His expression changed from normal to serious. He became angry after hearing that ridiculous name. When last had he heard the name of his worst enemy? His rival since high school. The one scrawny kid whom he personally made a nobody in class and now had become a multi billionaire. He got even angrier and gritted his teeth with his lips closed so Juliana wouldn't see it.

"Are you here to annoy me?" Julio growled in a low tune of voice.

"Well, I do gain pleasure in that but no. Don't you wanna destroy Santi Perez?"

"I'm way past all that crap." He said reluctantly in high school. "Billionaire or not, I gave that bastard wedgies he'd never be able to forget. I made his life miserable. He's nothing to me."

"And look where you are now." Juliette added, purposely trying to annoy him. "Lying in the four corners of a prison under the charges of domestic violence and first degree rape. Seems like you're gonna be here a while." She folded her arms and chuckled evilly.

"Get out."

"Not until you agree to my plan."

"And why should I?" He responded angrily.

"Because you disgusting grump! He has everything and you have nothing. I know if you had the chance to take him out again, you would. So let's do so. You should know I have my ways of charming Santi." Juliette explained.

"You've once smashed this disgusting grump, my darling high school sweetheart." He teased with a crooked smile that disturbed his lip. She rolled her eyes.

"I want to have him and his money all to myself. Well, just his money. He can be all yours."

"Still her gold digging self." He uttered. "And what do I get in all this?"

"Your life, the money, the power and...." she keeps him in suspense. "Your ex wife." Juliana answered.

Julio's eyes froze. "Dominique...."

"Is his new secretary. Sources say she is his new secretary. And they, my friend, are quite close."

Julio squeezed his fists in anger. That bitch! That bastard! He thinks he can get away with everything! I'll show him who's still boss around here!

"How long do I have here?" He answered in a tune that made Juliana smile evilly. "When am I getting out?"

Her lips curled up in a seductive way again. "Soon."
******************************
HAPPY NEW YEARS! It's been a while I know. I'm very sorry for keeping you all waiting. 2017 was a really rough year for me. I didn't even have a means of reaching Wattpad anymore. But everything is fine now and I thank God for that. A big thank you to all for showing your wonderful support. Honestly, with the way I was last year, if I hadn't re-read all your comments, I don't think I would have come back to Wattpad anymore. Thank you all💞💞💞 I love you guys!

So my IG Handles are now: @iheartchinyl and @chinylmics for my weekly comics and art. You'll love them all. Please follow me there. I'll follow back. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

167K 3.6K 33
Jason I started kissing her jaw but not kissing her lips, I like to tease her "Jason please... " she moans grabbing my hair. "Patience baby, do you...
607 46 21
Even though this is a stand alone book, some of the characters mentioned in this story are from two of my other books. Love me now and Love me always...
1M 33.6K 36
Julianne Burke is a young and advanced college student with an eye for trouble. Ever since her last year in high school, when the only man she ever l...
8.9M 338K 39
Needs editing and will be editing soon Alexis Miller is a 23 year old who is freshly out of college. She was hired right on the spot, when the owner...