Hunter & his Prey (H&HP Serie...

By shruthii

O, the name which threatens every shifter in the country. No one has ever actually seen O, whose victims are... More

Description
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 [Part One]
Chapter 24 [Part Two]
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue

Chapter 15

39.9K 1.8K 545
By shruthii

Okay Guys, Here is chapter 15 for you all:)

This is my favorite chapter of all the chapters I’ve written so far :D and this chapter is dedicated to @akshatha624, my friend and also the first person to read all my stories:D

Pic on the side is of>>>

*****

“They’ve done it before and

they’ll do it again and when

they do it – seems that only

the children weep.”

-Harper Lee

DUNCAN P.O.V

I held the cell phone in a tight grip trying to process what Aunt Isadora had just said.

“Duncan? Are you there?” I heard Aunt asking me.

“Yes” I said after a few seconds. Vernon was looking at me with worry. “Are you sure?” I asked her.

“I am” she said. “After you left, I started thinking and then a thought hit me that there might be a possibility of the she-wolf being a student of the school and so I asked the trainer to take the students of every class for a run in their wolf form. When it was Darya’s class she refused to shift and ran away from the school” Aunt said.

“But-” I started however Aunt cut me off.

“I was watching everything from control room and I saw Darya’s eyes turn blood red. The trainer saw it too” Aunt said in a hurry.

“Where is she now?”

“I don’t know Duncan. I have already asked my agents to search for her” Aunt told me while I rubbed my fingers on my temples. “We have to find her, honey” she told me “Before O and his minions do. We have to find her” Aunt added in a rush.

I sighed because Aunt clearly didn’t know that her son was involved with O.

“You have any idea where she is?”

“My agents followed her scent which is heading towards the Grier Pack” she said. “But we do know it is quite far and we have to find her”

“I know Aunt; I will look for her now”

“Okay Duncan. Just bring her back because we have to talk to her.” she added in a pleading tone.

“I will Aunt”

“Thank you honey. Just keep informing me if you find anything” she told me and i agreed.

I sighed and handed the phone back to Vernon who was still staring at me confused. “You stay here with Nick” I told him and he looked at me in surprise.

“Guard Luna?” he asked in shock because I had banned him from guarding her, however I was ready to drop that ban now.

“Yes” I told him and he nodded happily.

“I will” he said.

“Give me your car keys” I asked and he fished it out of his pocket. Without a second thought, I took it and rushed towards his car.

When I was driving, I thought about all this. Darya, Cortez and Granel. They three were the members and one of these was O.

Should have guessed earlier about the involvement of Darya too because she was below fifteen years of age and more likely possible to be the she-wolf involved. But I was too worried about other things to think about this properly.

According to what Aunt said about the soothsayer’s prediction then Darya must be an Alpha blood but Sel told me she was her third-in-commanders daughter.

That brought another thought into my mind. It was about Sel. All these people are close to Sel. Could it be possible that Sel knows about all this?

Sel must have known when Darya had exactly shifted because they belonged to the same pack. Was Seline involved in all of this? I frowned at that thought because it was something I didn’t appreciate.

Not possible for Sel to be involved in this because she was stabbed that day by Granel and he had told that he had hurt her. Granel did look guilty of hurting her and it was real. He wasn’t pretending to be guilty. She must have not known about O.

However, still there was another part of me that suspected Sel. It wasn’t the mate part in me; it was a son who was suspecting his father’s murderers.

I had suspected Tyson earlier who was nowhere close to being a suspect now and so it wasn’t possible for Sel to be one either. Whenever I would convince myself that Sel wasn’t involved, the monster side in me would rise and give me reasons as to why I should suspect Sel.

A) She was friends with everyone else who were suspects. B) She and Darya were not only roommates but pack mates too and that meant Sel definitely knew when Darya had shifted. C) Her brother was the same as Darya and D) Sel always used to make sure that Darya isn’t left alone.

I had seen how she would never leave Darya alone. Whenever Sel wasn’t with Darya she would be with Cortez, Raven, Granel or Tyson. They were all very protective about Darya.

I hoped and prayed with everything in me that Sel would not be involved in this, because I don’t know how I will cope if it turns the opposite.

 If what Granel did was back stabbing then what Seline did would be like ultimate betrayal and breaking of trust.

I was driving towards the Grier pack but stopped in a street when I saw few members of Granel’s pack who were checking every car that was going. They were asking some people to stop their cars and would personally check the members.

I rolled my eyes at this. If this is the way they are looking for Darya then they will never be able to find her. Pushing my head out of the car window, I stared at those wolves. With my hand I motioned one of them to come closer to me and he immediately rushed towards my side.

“Looking for Darya?” I asked him and he nodded. “Are you the only or are there still some wolves?”

“There are others in other roads” he said. “Her scent leads us ahead” he said pointing to his front.

“Then what are you guys doing here?” I asked him frowning.

“We have been told to check for anyone looking suspicious by Alpha” he said lowering his head.

“By Granel?” I asked through gritted teeth.

“No, by former Alpha. She said anyone suspicious may also be after Darya” he said.

“Okay” I told him and got out of the car. I immediately ran towards the woods and closed my eyes trying to sniff Darya’s scent. Surely, like the guy had said her scent was ahead and so I followed it.

I ran exactly in her tracks which were in the middle of the woods. But there was something irritating in her tracks and that was the creepers everywhere.

In the ground, around the tree some of them were even connected from one tree to another. It was like arranged so as to block someone’s path. Creepy creepers.

As if that wasn’t enough, the trees were bent and some trees were almost blocking the track. Honestly, it was really difficult running in Darya’s tracks because these plants and trees were playing tough.

I growled ferociously when another fucking branch was right in front of my nose. I had just missed getting hit by it. Leaping through it, I ran ahead.

As I was running, I looked around my surroundings and realized that I was out of Supreme Pack territory and now in the Elegance Pack.

The first thought that came into my mind was that Darya ran over here? Is she involved with rogues too now?

I came to a stop and held a tree trunk to compose myself. Closing my eyes and whiffing, I found Darya’s scent here. It was further ahead.

This was the rogue’s territory and I wasn’t much interested in stepping in their land after what Sel had told me about them. But I did feel something was terribly wrong because if these wolves had killed Orion, then they would also kill Darya who was gifted just like Orion.

Closing my eyes once again, I blocked all the noise around me and tried hearing for other voice hoping to get some clue about Darya.

“Stop fighting you bitch and come with me” I heard a guy saying through gritted teeth. Since this was the rogue’s territory, the guy without any doubt was a rogue.

“I said let me go” I heard Darya snarling.

That was enough for me to run towards Darya.

I stopped running when Darya’s scent was much closer to me, but growled loudly when I sniffed other rogues scents around me. The land I was in wasn’t very far from the Supreme Pack border, but it was still the rogue’s land.

Darya’s scent was much, much stronger now and so I started walking ahead. The area had large rocks here and there. There was a clearing, with two trees on either side and many rogues were standing there witnessing something. There were also two to three stone pillars and Darya was chained to one of those.

When I walked closer and came to a clearing every one present there turned to look at me. All rogues except two, who were standing behind Leo in the morning smirked at me.

I growled at them after looking at Darya whose cheeks were deep red and had finger prints in it. Someone had slapped her real hard because her lip was cut at the corner were blood oozed out stopping right at her chin.

Darya’s grey eyes widened in surprise when she saw me. She opened and closed her mouth repeatedly. At the same time, one rogue who was standing behind Leo in the morning stepped ahead and walked towards the guy who was standing right in front of Darya. They seemed to be communicating with their mind link which was rewarded to them after forming a ‘Rogue Pack’.

I stared at Darya and clenched my fists. I growled ferociously when I saw that Darya’s chains were connected to electric wires. Seriously, such a torture for a young she-wolf?

“So you are Alpha Duncan Rhoades?” the guy who was standing right in front of Darya spoke. He was bald and had dark brown eyes. He had his arms crossed across his chest and was looking at me waiting for my answer.

“That I am” I told him stepping forward. I was carefully eyeing every one of these filthy mutts and waiting for them to attack me so that I can kill them all.

“I am Serge” he told me and I cocked an eyebrow. What am I supposed to do if he is Serge or whatever? “Dan here told me you had visited us earlier in the morning” Serge replied nodding towards Dan, the guy who I had seen earlier in the morning.

“You know these rogues?” Darya yelled outrageously at me. Her lips curled up in disgust when she saw me.

“You know her?” Serge asked me surprised and I growled at him.

“Let her go” I snarled at him.

“I can’t” he said shaking his head and stepped closer to Darya. Lowering himself so he and Darya were face to face, he tucked a strand of Darya’s golden hair behind her ears and spoke again looking at Darya, “I have been promised a wealthy reward if I kill her” he said looking at Darya who growled at him. “I can’t” he said looking at me again.

“Then you will die” I said and took a step forward. Immediately, all the rogues jumped forward to attack me.

I kicked the first rogue who attacked me in the side and then kicked another one in the stomach using the same leg. Before the first rogue could compose himself, I kicked the back of his knees and he fell on the ground.

I then punched the second rogue in the face and he joined the first rogue in the ground. Turning and leaning on the ground in one knee, I clawed the leg of another rogue before he could attack me. He twirled once and then fell on the ground holding his wounded leg.

There was another filthy mutt who was coming to fight me, I stood up and walked towards him. When he raised his hands, I stopped it with my arm and punched him in the nose before kicking him in the chest. While I was doing this, one more rogue leapt high in the air and kneed me in the chest which forced me to fall on the ground on my back. The rogue landed on his feet and then kicked me on the side of my waist. Holding his leg, I twisted it forcing him to yelp in pain and fall on the ground.

I stood up quickly and attacked another rogue and punched him twice knocking him down. Leaping in the air, I caught the head of a rogue in between my ankles in a tight lock from behind and did a backward flip bringing the rogue down with me.

“Now” I heard someone yell. At the same time two rogues threw a metal chain at me such that it was wound around me.

“Duncan” Darya screamed but it was too late because when I tried to pry off the chain someone pressed the button.

I felt live current pass through me and my whole body trembled from the shock. “Duncan” Darya shrieked my name while I fell on the ground on my knees. “Duncan” Darya screamed repeatedly and was trying to get out from the hold.

What else can I expect from rogues? Attacking from behind is one of their most known traits.

My whole body was still in pain after the gruesome shock that I received. The rogues that I had hit earlier took use of that opportunity and repeatedly kicked me. My wolf was taking some time to heal because the electric shocks are too much of a pain for wolves.

The kicks from those rogues only added to the pain. “Enough” I heard Serge ordering the orders and they immediately stepped back. “Tie him up” he said and the other rogues nodded.

Within five minutes, I was chained to another stone pillar opposite to Darya’s. I let them do it because I wanted my wolf to heal. Once he was healed then I could easily break free from these chains and kill all these rogues. However if I try fighting now then my wolf would not heal which would end up killing both me and Darya.

I looked at Darya who was crying for me.

“Now that the intruder is chained let’s continue” Serge said rubbing his palms. I glared at the back of his bald head because he was facing Darya. “So, what are you?” he asked Darya who growled at him. She must have also been given the current shock because she too would flinch in pain whenever she used to try to break free from the chain.

“Let’s see, Water- killed. Air- killed, Fire- killed, Sky- killed and we have only Earth left at last. You are Earth aren’t you?” Serge asked her and Darya glared at him.

My eyes widened when I heard what he said. All other such masters of elements were killed and only Darya was left? Who was Sky then?

“I must admit you are the prettiest one among them” Serge said and even though I couldn’t see his face, I knew he was smirking. “But it is of no use since we are about to kill you now” Serge said and I tried to break the metal chains which only increased my pain. Serge turned to look at me and smirked.

“Bastard” I spat and Serge took a step towards me, however Dan stopped him.

“No Serge. We cannot. Remember the orders?” he said to him and Serge glared at me.

“It’s only because of your dad that we are not killing you Alpha Duncan Rhoades” Serge said through gritted teeth and I growled at him. I didn’t understand what he meant by his words but I didn’t let my confusion show either.

He then pushed Dan aside and closed his eyes. Running a hand on his bald head, he took few deep breaths and then opened his eyes. “Speaking of Alpha’s, which Alpha is your daddy?” He asked Darya.

I looked at Darya waiting for her to answer. Darya’s eyes met mine once and then she lowered them. “Come on beautiful, there is no fun here if you keep silence” Serge said sadly. “Your other companions were better. They used to tell me everything” Serge said to her in a sad tone.

“I am not an Alpha’s daughter” Darya spoke to gritted teeth. Serge growled and slapped her again. Her head bent sideward from the force.

“Let her go, you son of a bitch” I snarled at him and tried to lunge at him. It again caused problem in healing me and my wolf whined slowly, because my whole body was in pain after the shock.

“I had warned you beautiful not to lie to me” Serge said in a slow menacing voice holding Darya’s hair roughly.

Darya cried in pain when he did that and I tried fighting against my hold, trying my best to ignore all the aches of my body but it was tiring me out. Dan rolled his eyes when he saw me and it annoyed me.

“Tell me who your biological father is because we know you father is an Alpha” Serge said to her.

“I don’t know” Darya cried out. “I don’t know who my father is” she said and Serge loosened the hold he had on her hair.

“I know you are lying to me beautiful” Serge said to her. “But I also know it’s of no use getting an answer from you since you are going to die anyway and that is what we want” he said spreading his arms apart in the air smirking. “Then no O will be able to harm us” Serge said grinning and then sighed looking around.

“You know, I killed your other companions in the very same spot” he said to Darya who stared at him without any emotion displayed. At the very same time, I felt my wolf starting to heal again. “They all displayed their gifts to me before dying and I want you to do that too” Serge told her.

Darya looked away harshly and Serge shook his head. “Please beautiful” he said to her again and pressed his lips against her cheeks. A loud growl rumbled from my chest when he did that.

“Don’t touch her” I said growling viciously at Serge.

“Come on beautiful” Serge whispered near her ears. Darya gritted her teeth and closed her eyes.

Patience Duncan, Patience. I kept repeating to calm myself. I was healing and I can stop him but first I needed to heal. Patience. Nothing will happen to Darya, you will not allow anything to happen to her.

I closed my eyes and gritted my teeth when Serge bit Darya’s ear’s lustfully. He was old enough to be her father and he was lusting after her.

“Get off me” Darya screamed at him. I opened my eyes and looked at Darya who was shaking with anger. Her eyes had turned a darker shade of red. She was the she-wolf. She was the wolf who had saved Cortez that day. Her eyes were enough of the proof because it was the same eyes that had looked at me with guilt that day.

“Now” Serge said to Dan. They were about to give current shock to her again because her wolf had started to heal. Dan who was standing next to me, walked towards where the electric machines were kept. They were going to torture Darya, just the thought made me try to break free from the heavy chains. I couldn’t break free from the chain because of my wolf.

Something unusual happened just then. A huge branch of a nearby tree fell on the electric meter completely destroying it. There were loud sparks of electricity at first when the branch fell, but it stopped after few minutes. The rogues jumped apart when the sparks flew around. Few of the sparks hit me as well as Darya which shook our body and stopped our wolf from healing.

Dan and Serge who were closest to the meter were lying on the ground and trembling. Karma is a bitch. I was glad they were hit the most by the sparks.

“You little bitch” Dan said standing up after few seconds and walking towards Darya. Serge too stood up and coughed repeatedly. “You did it didn’t you?” he asked a very amused Darya.

“I did” she said smirking and Dan slapped her. Darya didn’t seem to be fazed by that because she smirked at him. “Wood is not a good conductor of electricity. Controlling woods is part of my gift” she told him smartly. “Not my fault, he was the one who wanted me to show my gift” she told nodding at Serge who growled at her.

I smirked when I saw the two giants glaring at a very amused Darya. So she was gifted. She could control earth. Even I began to wonder who her father was now. She has to be an Alpha’s daughter to be gifted with such power.

I don’t know how she did it but it destroyed the electric meter completely which was these rogues weapon against us. Now my wolf could heal if only I stopped fighting.

“Ron. Get my sword” Serge said through gritted teeth glaring at Darya. “You will be ripped into pieces” Serge said to Darya who was smiling and staring at the sky. Ron nodded and went away.

“You see those birds flying there Serge?” Darya asked nodding at a flock of white color birds that flew away. “They are leaving because they know vultures are going to come here soon to eat your carcass” Darya told him through gritted teeth.

Serge laughed loudly after she said that. “No beautiful, they will be coming to eat your carcass” he said. “Who is here to protect you? Hmm?” he asked and Darya’s eyes flickered towards me. I was slowly regaining back my strength and just hoped Serge would keep talking like this because then it would give me time to heal completely before he could attack her. “Him?” Serge asked nodding towards me. “My men will be able to stop him one way or the other, beautiful. He will not be able to stop me” Serge said shaking his head.

“Your O will also not come here” Serge said and my eyes widened.

“O?” I asked staring at Darya. O is going to come here?

“Yes O. He is working for you isn’t he?” Serge asked Darya.

Darya just smirked and lowered her head. She looked up again and stared at Serge. Her eyes turning blood red in the process. “O is not working for me. O is guarding me” Darya said through gritted teeth. She seemed to feel proud by the fact that O, an Alpha Killer, was guarding her.

“Too bad, he will not be able to guard you now” Serge said looking at Ron who appeared with the sword. Serge pulled it out of its cover and smirked devilishly. The steel sword shone brightly in the afternoon sunlight.

The moment he removed the sword out, I started fighting against the chain. If I fight a little harder I could free myself.

“You know this sword is called as Katana.” Serge said throwing the cover and holding the sword in his right hand. “It’s a samurai sword. The very same sword that I had used to kill your other companions” Serge said pointing the tip of the sword at Darya.

I heard sounds of metal chain breaking because of the force I used to fight against. The rogues around were too busy noticing Serge and so didn’t pay any attention to me.

“And now I am going to use it to kill you” Serge said raising the sword high in the air. At the same moment, I broke myself completely from the chain and prepared to lunge at Serge but someone beat me to it.

I stopped when I saw the person lunging high in the air to knee Serge in the chest. Serge skid backwards from the hit, which compelled him to loosen his hold on the sword and unwarily throw it upwards. The person caught the sword and the very next second Serge’s head was rolling on the air. His head then fell on the ground in a thud, followed by the rest of his body.

It was then I saw who the person who killed Serge was.

Everyone around were too shocked to react. I stared at the person with wide eyes who had beheaded Serge with the very same sword he was supposed to behead Darya.

“Bitch, that’s my brother” Dan said and leaped at the person who punctured the sword into Dan’s stomach, twisting it so that the tip of the sword came out from his back.

“The name is Orseline” Sel said in a vicious tone pulling out the sword which she had punctured out of Dan’s body. “But filthy mutts like you can call me O” she said and kicked Dan’s lifeless body.

****

Okay… do you need some time to breathe, curse or something? Then please do take it.

.

.

.

Done?

Yes, Seline’s full name is Orseline. It is pronounced as AOR SEHLAYN… more like Ursuline.

And O’s P.O.V, will be for the first time in sixteenth chapter because I will combine Chapter 17 with chapter 16:)

Haha… I’m totally loving this, hope you all love it too:D

Please do vote, comment and follow:D

Next update will be on 22nd November.

Thanks:-*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 30.2K 32
(Unedited) Rejection hurts. It can break many people apart. Slowly crushing their souls and silencing their wolfs forever. Unfortunately, that happe...
1.3M 29.6K 31
Sadie O' Connell couldn't wait to meet her mate. She had always seen how her mother and father loved each other, which is something she couldn't wait...
228K 6.4K 14
Dahlia is the runt of her pack, always beaten and bullied by the members, even her own brother. When she is sent to a new school, with a different pa...
193K 3.6K 14
After being rejected by her mate, Jennifer spent years devoted to her new pack and Alpha, hoping he would choose her as his mate and Luna. But then h...