Rely On Me. {Ford x Reader}

By Garry_Reads_Things_

You've escaped. And a 15 year old boy named Dipper finds you, bloody, scared, and running. From what, he does... More

Rely On Me Part 2
Rely On Me Chapter/Part 3
Rely On Me Chapter 4
Rely On Me Chapter 5
Rely On Me Chapter 6
Rely On Me Chapter 7
Rely On Me Chapter 8
Rely On Me Chapter 9
Rely On Me Chapter 10
Rely On Me Chapter 11
Rely On Me Chapter 12
Rely On Me Chapter 13
Rely On Me Chapter 14
Rely On Me Chapter 15
Rely On Me Chapter 16
Rely On Me Chapter 17
Rely On Me Chapter 18
Rely On Me Chapter 19
Rely On Me Chapter 20
Rely On Me Chapter 21
Rely On Me Chapter 22
Rely On Me Chapter 23
Rely On Me Chapter 24
Rely On Me Chapter 25
Rely On Me Chapter 26
Rely On Me Chapter 27
Rely On Me Chapter 28
Rely On Me Chapter 29
Rely On Me Chapter 30
Rely On Me Chapter 31
Rely On Me Chapter 32
Rely On Me Chapter 33
Rely On Me Chapter 34
Chapter 35 {End}
Final Notes

Rely On Me. {Ford X Reader} Chapter 1

11.4K 199 464
By Garry_Reads_Things_

Run. That was the only thing she could think. Run. And for the love of God, don't stop. The girl hobbled along, as quickly as she could, the fall breeze wiping her back. Adrenaline numbing the pain for the time being. Blood coated the left side of her head, madding her (h/c) hair in blood. It was dark out. It was so dark outside. What time was it? Was it really dark, or were the black spots dancing in her vision just growing? Was she passing out? Oh god no. Please no. Do not pass out. She had to keep going. 

Water rolled down her face. Was it raining? She glanced up, as she felt more water fall down her (s/c) skin. No... It wasn't raining. She was... Crying? But why? She didn't have time for tears. She just had to keep going. Where though? She didn't have anywhere to go. A shiver ran down her spine, as she heard the sound of metal hitting metal. Oh god. She ran faster. She turned the corner and- 

"Oof" a sound left her as the back of her legs made contact with the ground. She had run into something. She scrambled to get up when she heard a voice. 

"Oh! I'm so sorry I wasn't watching where I was going and- oh my gosh! Are- are you okay?!" 

She looked up to see a boy. She had run into a boy. She quickly got up. 

"I- I'm fine." God, her voice was so scratchy.

"I just- I have to go. Sorry." She tried to run but he grabbed her arm, stopping her. 

"No way. You're covered in blood, and you're shaking! Please, let me help you. Just for a-" That horrible sound of metal on metal ceased his words. The boy looked behind him. 

"What- what was that?" The girl started crying, and looked completely horrified.

"Look," she said "please, I'll let you help me, and explain everything to you. We just have to get out of here." Metal hitting metal. They both flinched. The boy looked at her, both confused and scared.

"O-okay. I won't ask right now. Just-" he glanced at her legs, missing chunks of skin, her right leg bleeding and badly bruised. "Oh boy. Don't fight me on this. I'm sorry." He said, scooping her up bridal style, once he had a good hold on her, he ran. At lease he had a destination in mind. The boy was fast. He didn't look that strong, but her could carry her. Then again.... When was the last time she ate? At the thought of food, her stomach growled. She blinked slowly, and when she opened her eyes again, she was laying on a couch. An old couch. A man was sitting next to her, wrapping her legs in bandages. She noticed the boy was there too, and calmed down. She closed her eyes again, deciding not to draw attention to the fact she was awake. The man sighed, and spoke to the boy. 

"Dipper, I don't like this. You find a girl running from something, covered in blood, and you help her. Not even thinking of your own life?" The boy, so his name was Dipper, let out a frustrated sigh,

"Yes, Grunkle Ford! That's what happened. I wasn't going to just leave her there. And I know you would have done the same thing, so don't lecture me." She felt 'Ford' chuckle. 

"You're right, you're right. You're just lucky Stanly isn't home. I don't know if he would have let her in." He finished the bandages on her legs and moved to her right ankle. 

"What happened to this girl? Just look at this. Her ankle is so bruised and swollen." Ford lightly pushed on her ankle, and she gasped, startling both males. "You're awake! Man I was so worried when you passed out." Dipper let out a light laugh, and awkwardly scratched the back of his head. Ford gave her a sheepish smile,

"I, um, I'm sorry. That hurt, didn't it. I'll try to be more gentle. Oh, I'm Stanford Pines by the way. You can just call me Ford, if you'd like." Dipper blushed awkwardly, "Oh... I um, never told you my name, did I? I'm Dipper. And I... Never got your name." They both looked at her patiently. She let out a cough before responding. "My name is (y/n)." Her voice was still weak. Both of their faces brightened. Ford looked at Dipper, 

"Could you go get her some water, and a bag of ice?" Dipper nodded and headed up stairs for said items. She made eye contact with Ford. He let out a light sigh. "Do you mind explaining what happened to you?" Her eyes filled with tears as she thought about what happened, Ford's face filled with panic as a small sob left her. "Hey, hey it's okay! You don't have to if you're not ready. It's okay, I promise!" Another sob left her, and Ford glanced to the stairs. He awkwardly looked at his hands. 

"Is there- should I- um... I'm not very good at this whole thing, but if there's anything I can do... Just um..." Oh man. She felt like a child. But screw it. She needed this right now. The only nice human contact she'd had in months was when Dipper carried her here, and when Ford bandaged her. She needed this. Lightly, she moved her legs off of Ford, turned, slowly, ever so slowly moved toward him, feeling too embarrassed to face him. It dawned on him what she wanted, but was to shy to do. He slowly moved her into his lap and wrapped his arms around her, feeling very unsure of himself. 

"Is this... Is this good?" They made eye contact again, and she snapped. She fully broke down, and launched her arms around his neck, and buried her face in his neck. Finally letting herself fully break down into a fit of sobs. Unsure of what exactly to do, Ford hugged her closer, and started rubbing, what he hoped was, calming circles on her back. The pair heard heavy steps falling on the stairs. (Y/n) felt Ford sit up straighter, she went to look at the steps but Ford stopped her. "Poindexter what are you watching down here? And why is it so loud?! I can hear the crying from up- oh." She heard the steps stop. Was this... Um... Stanley? "Stanley," yep "do you need something?" (Y/n) chocked on a sob. She was not ready to meet someone else. She didn't know why she was able to feel safe with Ford, but she did. She didn't want this 'Stanley' to make her leave his embrace. For the first time in so long she felt protected. More sobs left her. 

"I- I'm so sorry. I-" she tried to move off of Ford, but her stopped her, letting her lean back just enough to look him in the eyes. He gently cupped her cheek. "Shhh, no. Don't be sorry. It's okay. I want to be here for you. You don't- you don't have to pull away. I'm sorry I'm not the best at this whole, comforting thing. But I'm willing to try." He lightly wiped some tears off of her cheek. 

"This might be a weird thing to say but... You're eyes are very pretty when you cry. But I'd rather see you smile, if possible." Stanley cleared his throat, regaining the attention of the duo. 

"So. Where did this cute, young lady come from, and why is she sitting on my dork brothers lap crying?" Ford held her closer, protectively. 

"Stanley, you are to leave this girl alone. She's been through a lot." Stanly let out a low whistle. "Okaaay then. Can I at least know the name of the girl who might be staying at my house-" "My house" Ford corrected "Our house," Stanley continued, "the name's Stan, by the way." (Y/n) released a breath she didn't know she'd been holding. 

"My... My name is (Y/n). It's nice to meet you... Stan." Stan smirked,

"Nicer meeting my brother, though. Am I right?" Ford fumed, face red, 

"Stanley, go up stairs!" Stan laughed, raising his hands in submission, and headed back upstairs. Ford sighed,

"I apologize for my brother. Just ignore him. He's an idiot." (Y/n) let out a snort of laughed. Both she and Ford looked shocked by the outburst, but then he smiled. "Why do you look like you just committed some horrible crime? You have a nice laugh." She blushed awkwardly and he chuckled,

"I, well, um... I just- I haven't... Laughed in... Months." (Y/n) looked at her hands, avoiding his eyes, a single finger then gently lifted her chin, forcing her eyes to meet slightly sad eyes, with a small mischievous glint to them. "Then I'll have to make you laugh more often, won't I? To make up for lost time." He chuckled at her blush, then said, 

"Now, I'm going to need to take a look at your head. It seems Stanley has stolen Dipper, so I'll be back in just a moment, if that's alight." He lightly moved her off of him a stood up. A millisecond later, her hand latched onto his sleeve. 

"Wait! I, um... Can I come with you maybe? I just... Don't want to be alone..." He gave her an understanding smile and said, 

"Of course." He gently looped her arm with his and led her to the stairs. 

"How hard it is to walk? Your legs were really banged up when Dipper got you here." (Y/n) sighed, 

"It's.... Well, I don't think it would hurt this much if I hadn't run on them for so long. I can manage I guess. My head is pounding though... I don't know if it's from crying, the wound, or both." Now Ford sighed, 

"I'd say both. I would have patched up your head while you were sleeping, but I need to keep you awake and talking to do it. I'm worried about it... It looks deep." (Y/n) laughed bitterly, 

"I guess that's what happens when you're mashed in the head with a metal bat, then viciously kicked with a steel boot for trying to get away." Ford stopped walking.

Notes: So, I have up to chapter 13 written as of now  I plan to update every Sunday. This is my very first fanfiction, so don't murder me please. I'm like a newborn baby to the fanfiction world. Don't kill the baby plz. Oh, and this takes place like 3 years after all that Bill stuff. Woop you most likely know that because Dip is 15. Ahahah it's 3 am, I'm gonna go now, bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 4.1K 79
First person reader insert. My name is (y/n). I fell in love with Stanford Pines. One year. I hardly knew him. We were young. We were reckless. In sh...
107K 2.8K 8
(Y/n), a normal name given to a not so normal girl. Without a last name, a constant eyepatch and bandaged hand, and a past clouded in the unknown, sh...
63.8K 1.8K 16
» "𝚁𝚞𝚕𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚎. 𝚃𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚞𝚙𝚘𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚜𝚞𝚗𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛." » - u...
163K 3.8K 33
─ (for someone like you) 𝗮 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗮 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹 𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘂𝗽 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀. 𝗳𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄𝘀...