Captive

By sunnishy

"I need to go," I mumbled. Before I could take another breath, he had me pinned against the wall. "You aren'... More

1 // Coronation
The Cast
2 // Your Majesty
3 // Sunrise
4 // Cinderella
5 // Settled Dust
6 // Good Evening, Miss Sinclair
7 // Heat
8 // Forgive & Forget
9 // Pulled
10 // Beauty & The Beast
11 // Infamous
12 // Promise? Promise.
13 // We Meet Again, Miss Sinclair
14 // Unmarked Territory
15 // Taking Chances
16 // Try
17 // Induction Ball
18 // A Proposition
19 // My Humble Abode
20 // My Queen
21 // The Luna Clause
23 // Mistaken
24 // Chosen One
25 // Our Luna
26 // Artemis
27 // Withdrawal
An Author's Note
28 // The Decision
29 // Home Sweet Home
30 // Hell Rising
31 // A Promise
32 // If Only You Knew
33 // One More
34 // The Morning After
35 // Fiancee
36 // The Morning After
37 // The Eve
38 // Till Death Do Us Part
39 // Battle Cry
40 // Sleeping Beauty
41 // Patron
42 // Unleashed
43 // Beauty and the Beast
SEQUEL BABY!
The Edited Version:

22 // On Top

127K 4K 1.1K
By sunnishy

I'm giving you guys an update so fast because the comments you guys are leaving are seriously making my day, I'm cracking up. Keep the sass coming, please. I love you all to death. We're almost at a quarter hunned thousand, YEET.

Next stop, one million reads.

It's a long one, you're weeeeelcome :) 

_________

I chased after Damien through the corridor, and followed him by the angry slams of doors. Of course, he had taken refuge in his office, just like he usually did. When I came to the grand doors, I hesitated as my hand rested on the handle. 

Damien was a temperamental man, but I had never seen him at his worst. Right here, right now, looked like his worst. 

I didn't even knock, I just opened the door slowly. My eyes raced around the room, only to find knocked over chairs and a shattered coffee table. When I saw that he wasn't present, I immediately made my way over to the balcony. He was leaning on it heavily, heaving with every breath. 

I rested my hand lightly on his shoulder, but was taken aback in shock as he gripped my wrist and wrung my arm around. I let out a scream of pain, and he let go quickly as he started walking back into the office. 

"Damien, you have to let me speak," I begged. I rubbed my wrist, trailing after him like a helpless puppy. "Look at me, you ass." 

"I'm the ass?" he hissed, seething with anger as he spun around. His skin was tinged red, his eyes were swirling with anger. "My brother just embarrassed me in front of the entire Council, Cyan. Above all else, I discover that you practically fvcked him during your kidnapping?!" 

"I did not do a thing!" I sobbed. I gripped the threshold of the french door to try and stabilize myself. I couldn't look at him in the eye; I was terrified he was on the verge of clawing mine out. "He touched me, and he threatened to take my virginity, but never, did I ever return any of his unwanted feelings. I stayed faithful to you the entire time, but I couldn't stop his advances. He could have killed me, Damien. Our clothes stayed on, his lips never touched mine. He wanted to hurt you, and that's exactly what he did back there." 

My gaze raised his, to see him looking at me with hurt curiosity. I took a brave step forward. 

"Tell me, Damien, that's not the real reason you're mad, is it? You're afraid that maybe, just maybe, he had touched me. And you know that since I'm human, that maybe I touched him back. And maybe I enjoyed it." 

"You would do no such thing," he hissed, pinning me up against the wall with his hips. "Human or not, mate bond or not, you are still my mate, and I will ensure that I am the man on that altar in three months. You underestimate me if you even have a hint of thinking otherwise." 

"Possessiveness is not love, Damien." 

"Everything I have done for you is out of love, Cyan. I brought you to the Royal Palace, I gave you the studio of your dreams, I can give you absolutely anything and everything you want, what could you possibly gain from him?" 

"Don't you see it, Damien?" I took my hands and cupped his jaw, forcing him to look me in the eyes. He immediately relaxed at my touch. "I don't want him. I don't want the Royal Palace, or the goddamn studio, or the gold or whatever else you want to try and win me over with. 

I want this, I want the raw and the real, I want the honest you. Believe me, I know you want me in ways I cannot possibly imagine but I want to fall in love with your naked soul. Fvck the riches." 

He was speechless. I was speechless. Did I really just say that out loud? 

Momentarily, his lips were pressed against mine. It wasn't filled with lust, it was an apology. I didn't even need to hear the words 'I'm sorry' leave his lips to know. When he finally pulled away, I landed a slap fresh across his cheek. 

"That's for thinking that I would sleep with any man other than my betrothed. Despite what the Council says, I'm your mate, Damien." 

I began to stomp away, but I was twirled around and pressed against his chest. 

"Does this mean we're making it official?" he smirked. 

I looked down at the ring in the box that he had so cleverly wedged between us, and gasped at the sight. 

Don't get me wrong, I may have not been a fan of the Royal Family growing up, but I went to a public high school, and there were always rumors. One of these rumors was made after it was announced that Damien would be taking the throne when he came of age; not his brother. The Royal Engagement Ring was the most expensive in the world. I had seen pictures, but the true ring put them to shame.

"Damien..." I mumbled. Our marriage may have been slightly arranged and slightly rushed, but the gesture was still from his heart. Rushed marriages seem to be a part of the deal when you're saving an entire supernatural species from an evil egotistical bastard.

I looked up through my eyelashes to see him nervously biting his lip. He never got nervous. Ever. 

So naturally, I decided to have some fun with it. 

"Nervous, pretty boy?" I smirked. 

He rolled his eyes, a look of annoyance on his face. I saw the thin layer of content as his confidence returned. 

"Say yes, my love," he sighed. 

"Say the magic word," I teased. 

"You're going to make me beg for this on my hands and knees, aren't you?" he chuckled. I smiled up at him triumphantly, and he placed ticklish kisses on my neck and all over my face. "Say yes." 

"It would be my honor," I smirked into his stubble as I placed a soft kiss on his jaw. 

A knock on the door drew us out of our moment, and we both turned to see Lyon in the doorway. His eyes quickly floated to the box, and he erupted in shouts of joy. 

"Ace, you owe me 50 bucks!" he screeched. 

Ace raced to the door, his eyes narrowing in on the ring. 

"Dammit, you couldn't have waited one month?" he growled. 

"You thought it would take me one month to propose to my mate?" Damien scoffed. "You don't know me very well, Ace. Remind me never to take you gambling." 

Damien hadn't broken a smile as he looked down to slip the ring on my finger. He pressed his forehead against mine, and now I couldn't help but smile. 

"Let's save the baby making until after she becomes Luna, yeah?" Ace chuckled. 

"Get out of here," Damien lunged a pillow towards him, and I covered my face as I felt heat rise to my cheeks. 

"I should go break the news to Alessia so she knows whose wedding she's planning," I murmured. 

"I'll see you tonight," he whispered into my hair. 

___________

"FINALLY," Alessia groaned as she fell back on my bedspread. Her blonde hair splayed out across my sheets. I looked at her with one eyebrow raised. "Oh, I totally knew. You think that a boy could pick out a ring like that? Please." 

"I should have known," I sighed as I laid beside her. She got silent. 

"I'm totally happy for you, you know that right?" 

I looked at her curiously. 

"Is there any reason I should believe otherwise?" 

"Xander's...friends came to the castle. You know me, I kind of babble to everyone, and I ended up talking to Serena." 

"Where is this going, Alessia." I clenched the comforter tight as I sat up, running a hand through my hair. 

"I just think...I think you don't know Xander's true motives here, or his intentions." 

"I just got engaged to my mate, and you want me to go talk to his mateless brother who wants to marry me out of spite?" I frowned.

"The Council postponed the wedding three months for a reason, I just think..." 

"He was mated to you!" I spat. I stood from the bed, clamping a hand over my mouth. Fvck. 

"....What?" 

I turned to her with wide eyes. 

"I shouldn't have said that, I shouldn't have said that..." I proceeded to pace the room as I felt all color drain from my face. 

"I'm mated to Ace, Cyan, how could you even suggest that? Cy, look at me, you can't just say something like that and not explain!" 

"He saw you, but you didn't see him. He knew, and he knew what the Royal Family was like, and he didn't want to bring you into that. So he got drunk, and he marked another girl by mistake. The Moon Goddess punished him by taking you away from him." 

"Cyan..." she murmured. 

"I'm sorry, Less, I shouldn't have said it, I should have kept my mouth shut." 

"No, Cyan," she repeated. I looked up, and saw Xander frozen in my doorway. 

I had left it open. 

Fvck.

_______

DUN-DUN-DUN....

Confrontation. 

My favorite. 

50 faves, 20 comments, you rock, thnx.

xoxo

Kaitlin 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4M 198K 101
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
424K 10.8K 12
It was now nighttime and I returned to my room which was very dark. The curtains were closed, strange I'm sure it was open this morning... Whatever...
1.2K 41 23
The prince gazes at my face, a smile on his face. "What?", I ask. "You keep looking at me with that look." "Oh. I guess I do." He grins. I giggle, lo...
1.4K 22 12
I started to step back slowly. " please I am sorry , I didn't mean to invade in your privacy " I scared of his reaction the way he staring in to my s...