Fate Of The Twelve (Completed)

By thebadgirl05

Completed 'Big sister... I'm scared.' A little one whispered as we hid in a cramped alley, trying to escap... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Blacker than the night
Chapter 2: Portal
Chapter 3: Trouble
Chapter 5: first day
Chapter 6: Dumb
Chapter 7: the fallen
Chapter 8: Collapse
Chapter 9: Battle Start
Chapter 10: Battle for the throne
Chapter 11: Demon
Chapter 12: Oh no
Chapter 13: Earth
Chapter 14: Fall
Chapter 15: Generals
Chapter 16: encounter
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18: Unravel
Chapter 19: Nightmare
Chapter 20: white
Chapter 21: Visit
Chapter 22: please let me
Chapter 23: amidst the palm
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25: Zephyr's Best friend
Chapter 26: Trapped
Chapter 27: Waking up
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29: A dip in the 'pool'
Chapter 30: not again!
Chapter 31: scary kid
Chapter 32: Agony
Chapter 33: Painful goodbye
Chapter 34: fly
Chapter 35: Idris
Chapter 36: Snowmen
Chapter 37: Shall we?
Chapter 38: Imperial King
Chapter 39:
Chapter 40:
Chapter 41:
Chapter 42: cave?
Chapter 43:
Chapter 44: the demon queen
Chapter 45: heart beat
Chapter 46: not over yet
Chapter 48: Reflection
Chapter 49: the void
Chapter 50: Carving
Chapter 51: depart
Chapter 52: Captain Sparrow
Chapter 53: Three pairs
Chapter 54: Unicorn blood and Phoenix tears
Chapter 55: Sleep
Chapter 56: forgiveness
Chapter 57: yet another revelation
Chapter 58: merpeople
Chapter 59: visitor
Chapter 60: attacked

Chapter 4: the council

248 37 0
By thebadgirl05

      Muriel

        Before Cyan headed for the door, Leirum reached out and touched my hand and I felt a surge of power leaving my body and was transferred to him making my eyes wide.

         Before I could process what's going on, he backed off though, and as soon as he sat down, everyone kept their silence and I figured that I should just follow.

        The large door made of ivory was soon opened by Cyan and out there stood a man, clad in an armor and a sword hung at his side in its sheathe. Behind him were other guys wearing the same metal plates that glinted in the light.

         The one at the very front was domineering and you'll know at first glance that he was some sort of a general. He had this aura of power around him and he had lines beside his mouth and eyes. His dark red eyes however were piercing and scary.

        "Ah, Lord Cyan." The guy said and brushed back his mop of green hair before he shook hands with the cyan-haired teen.

         "Keep silent at all times." Rex, the kid I had an argument a while ago warned me and Kevin. His eyes like his face were serious and everyone in the room looked the same.

        Kevin and I looked at each other before shrugging and deciding to just follow what they say. Basing on their actions, they weren't pleased by the appearance of the visitor.

          "Please do come in General Klurk." Cyan humbly said and backpedaled to give way for the general who did so and went straight for us.

         He stood in front of everyone, with neither a smile or any enthusiasm at all. His eyes however were dark with... Was that despise?

          His gaze landed on Leirum and Violet with a quirk of his eyebrow. "So these are the humans?" He asked while gesturing at the two who sat together. My jaws dropped at that. What the hell is happening?

       I blinked and when I opened my eyes, I was more stupefied than ever for in front of me sat me! Hey! That was supposed to be where Leirum was sitting a second ago!

        And where Violet should have been, sat a little Kevin. Shiznits. My vision is playing on me.

         Kevin, the real Kevin who sat beside me looked just as dumbfounded as I was, but I was more stupefied when he didn't look like my little brother at all. He was Violet!

      I heard Leo chuckle and I looked at him questioningly because of it. He pointed at me and I looked down, only to find my clothes different. They were of gold, silver and royal blue. The one that Leirum was wearing before.

         "Lord Leirum. The high court calls all of you for being involved with the case of the humans." General Klurk announced, with a glint of mischief in his eyes clearly telling me that he was up to no good. I gritted my teeth. And I knew that I hated him that instant.

         'Muriel. Don't speak. Just nod calmly and stand up. Leirum and I will do the rest." A voice inside my head whispered and I was dead sure that it was the voice of Violet.

          Violet, I mean Rex---Agh! I mean Violet impersonating Rex winked at me. I sighed, feeling their eyes on me.

          I calmly stood up, at least I tried and nodded at everyone. They understood and all stood up at once. Kevin in the form of Violet was guided by Leo and Rex having that playful grin on his face once again, bounded to me as we made our way out.

          Now that I noticed, Leirum and Violet who impersonated me and Kevin made our eyes the color of cerulean blue.

           The General though was grinning like a dog. "Seize the humans." He ordered his men as soon as we got out. My eyes widened and I felt my fists clench.

           "There's no need to that General." Harumi said in a stone voice and glared at the men who tried to dare approach the other me and the other Kevin.

            "Why? They might-----" Violet who was Rex, seemed pissed though. "Shut the hell up tramp! We are no prisoners!" She angrily said through gritted teeth, perfectly copying Kevin's voice.

           The general's brows furrowed and he gave her-him a glare, ah whatever.

        "Oh I wouldn't want to piss them off if I were you general." Mikael said knowingly with a chuckle but the general paid him no heed at all.

           "Shut up you mere human. Now be obedient and be----" the poor general though was in for a shock, as Leirum, I mean him as me made a move that made my eyes go wide open.

           He. He... He was pointedly  glaring at the general, sharp edged swords pointing at the stupefied general who gazed at the swords floating in the air and threatening to cut his throat open.

         What the hell?! He has telekinesis too?! Since when? How come no body told me? Ughhhh! And why the hell can he make them move with only his eyes while I find it necessary to wave
my hands?!

         "General Klurk!" His men said in alarm but they could do no more as they didn't have their swords on them. They were planning to use their powers though, but Leo and the others mockingly looked at them as if saying 'try us.' which made them back off.

         "You don't talk to my little brother like that you old man, do so and... Well, you know what will happen." Leirum in my form said mischievously, a slight smirk on his face as if he had longed to do this to the general for some time now. It was so weird to see my face there.

            The general paled, his hands clenched at his sides. Ryouta who was eating some sweets chuckled and walked forward. "Muriel, Kevin, spare him and let's go."

          My, my, this is one long day.

----------------💙💙

          Here we are now, standing all together inside a large dome-like building reeking of the earth's smell and with only torches situated beside the walls as our source of light. In front of us, were nine hooded figures, sitting on thrones atop a stage-like structure.

        Their faces were covered with the shadows that the hoods over their heads provided for them. From each of them, brimmed different kinds of power, the one at the very middle, emitting the most powerful one and amazingly, it was on par with Leirum's, that much I can say.

         "My, my. You kids never change do you?" came an amused laugh from the very middle, the leader if I'm not mistaken.

        Cyan though, gave the person a knowing smile and bowed a little, his cyan hair covering his face.

         "It is a pleasure to see you again Lord Azrael." he curtly greeted as everyone disinterestedly looked around, not giving any attention to the leaders of the high court of Azeroth or so they said earlier.

          Leirum, Violet and Rex had to act though. They were the main highlight here so it was a necessity for them to do so.

         "I assume you all know why you are here, do you not?" A female voice asked with a cold voice and I swear, chills ran up my spine at the tone she was using.

         "Of course Lady Amora, it is concerning the humans." Antoinette retorted while looking up into the hidden faces.

        Mean while, Kevin and I were silent. We just let the others do the talking as they advised us earlier to play safe. I also learned that Cyan had the power of illusion which explains all the confusing events earlier.

           "Mikael, why were you in the human world in the first place? You do know that it is forbidden to go there without consulting the court unless it was in direly needed don't you?" Lord Azeroth asked.

         Mikael's reaction to this was unexpected though. He scowled and narrowed his eyes at the high court leader.

      "Shut it Lord Azrael , you sent me on a mission to go after five daraks in the middle of the night at Avalon. By all means you said, I have to kill those demons or I'm the one who is bound to be punished. They escaped through an opening in the barrier and went to the human world! How is that supposed to be my fault?!" He spat in irritation.

        We stood gaping at Lord Azrael at the outburst, while the other eight did the same and glared at him in annoyance.

         "Lord Azrael!" One rough voice from the far end gruffly voiced out. The others burying their faces in their hands, muttered incoherent words under their breaths.

       "Oh my, I must be getting old." The Lord chuckled, ignoring them as he apologized to Mikael who was giving him a poker face while the leaders groaned and leaned back in their thrones.

        "Anyway, a good thing did happen right? Two humans with the abilities Azerothians had been found." The lord said in enthusiasm and I grew irritated.

       "If you call having found a person in the brink of death and poisoned by a demon as fun, I'd gladly hit you." I said in annoyance before I could stop myself.

        The Lord turned his head towards me, his amused smile never fading. "I apologize for that Lord Leirum." He said giving a tone at the mention of Lord Leirum which I found uncomfortable.

       Feeling embarrassed, I looked away and chose to look at a blazing torch by the corner as if it was interesting to watch the flickering bright reddish yellow flames all of a sudden.

       "Well, according to the rules, the two humans must stay here. An Azerothian in the human world? Humans having the power of Azerothian's? It is unheard of."  Another female voice reverberated inside the room.

        Her tone was curious and suspecting. As her hooded figure turned to her companion at his right which was none other than the Head of the high court.

       "Yes, yes. I know Lady Corin, I will see to it that things are figured out. Consider it a new puzzle for me to be solve. You must expect though, that I will share nothing until everything is figured out." He said in finality in his tone. Giving no room for arguments .

         The other eight just nodded and a smile appeared on his lips at this before he stood up.

       "The two humans are to remain under the protection of the Twelve Lords since one was the one who brought them here. They are to train under the Wysteria Academy and are forbidden to set foot in the human world and outside the continent without orders." Lord Azrael ended as the eight other leaders stood up.

        "The meeting is finished, you may all go." He muttered and I watched in fascination as the eight other leaders dissolved in the shadows and left without any further ado.

        My companions made no move to leave though so I was curious as to why. Lord Azeroth pulled the hood from his head and a man who looked like he was in his late fifty's was revealed.

        He had pure white hair which was combed back with a few streaks of blue at the ends, startling blue eyes which glinted with energy and a stature of a respected person.

       I watched in amazement when he literally flew towards us, his hands at his back, his long white robe fluttering at the edges.

      "Cyan, you may lift the illusion now. I want to see why you needed to pull off such an under-handed trick."  He said in a commanding tone as he landed gracefully in front of us.

        Cyan nodded and snapped his fingers as the illusion was finally lifted. My blonde hair was back and I wasn't Leirum anymore. Leirum, Violet and Kevin were also returned to how they originally wore.

        "Their eyes Lord Azrael." I heard Leirum silently speak as I looked at the Lord, Kevin clinging from my right arm as he looked also.

        "Holy Azeroth! What is this?!" He exclaimed and stepped forward. His blue eyes boring in my gold eyes with specks of blue. I kind of got scared that I unconsciously took a step back but his gaze were nailed on me.

        "It's alright dear, come here, I won't hurt you." He gently said. I hesitantly turned to look at Harumi who gave me a smile and I stepped back near Lord Azrael. Why are they fuzzing over my eyes?  

         His calloused hands brushed the loose strands of my hair away from my face as he examined my eyes. Inaudible words and mutters were all we heard from him as we remained silent.

         When he caught sight of Kevin who was curiously peeping beside me though, his eyes grew wide at the sight of pure golden eyes.

         He knelt down to be leveled with my younger brother and gestured at the boy to come forward. With his forehead creased, he stepped forward and bravely met Lord Azrael's gaze.

          "His eyes are of pure gold..." He muttered to himself and shook his head before he stood up and faced Leirum.

       "Lord Leirum, I am grateful of what you did what you thought was needed. I admire your sense of judgement, however, you must tell me what these two possess." He calmly said as he stared knowingly into the eyes of the young lord.

       Leirum nodded and began speaking. "The boy possess the power to manipulate lightning, ice, water,wind,earth and fire. As for the girl, she has telekinesis." He announced and my mouth dropped as I turned at Kevin who looked at me with a sheepish grin.

        "You had six abilities and you never told me?!" I asked, shocked at the information. To my annoyance, he stuck out his tongue instead. "Well I don't want you getting jealous so yeah." He said airily and I can't stop but hit him on the head.

      "You!!! Arg! I am so not jealous!" I fumed and crossed my arms over my chest with a pout.

       "Whatever you say sister." He said with a taunting tone but I just ignored him. Leo on the other hand along with Harumi and Rex looked amused at my reaction. I just glared at them.

        "We need something to hide the color of their eyes. It will cause an uproar if this goes out." Lord Azrael said and I turned to find him deep in conversation with Leirum.

          "His hair color is also a must." Leo chimed in and little Kevin's forehead was creased with deep lines, a frown on his face as the others decided things about changing his a few attributes on his physical appearance.

        "Well there is something we can do with our eyes, you just need to go shopping in the human world yourself though and I also have a list of things you need to buy for me." I said with  a smirk, forgetting to question them why they were even fussing so much anyway about the color of our eyes.

        "I don't like your smirk at all." He paled. 

------------💙💙

         "This is your new room." Harumi and Antoinette said with a smile after Kevin separated from us with Leo to go to his new room too and I stood there in awe and excitement.

         The theme of my room was mostly of lavender, creamy white, gold and silver.

         The place was utterly beautiful and sparkling clean, it was also wide and spacious. The first thing that I saw though was the comfy queen sized bed. The head board was back to back with the wall, on either sides of the bed were windows.

          It was almost suited for royalty with the kind of silk used. Transparent lavender curtains hung by the sides, the bed was covered by a creamy velvet sheet and the comforters were neatly by the feet while almost ten fluffy pillows embroidered by flowers of golden silk were at the opposite side.

          "Oh my god! Kyaaaahhhh!"  I excitedly squealed and jumped on the inviting bed. It was heavenly soft and I could feel myself relaxing and ready to rest already. Man! I'm dead tired after a long day you know? So much has happened in a few hours since we came here to Azeroth.

           I heard Antoinette's soft giggles as my eyes began to droop. "Atleast remove your boots Muriel, anyway, we'll leave you to rest. Someone will come by later and wake you up for dinner." Violet said and I felt them remove the boots Rex made for me.

          I heard the rustle of some fabric and the next thing was someone covered me with a comforter which smelled of flowers. I inhaled the scent and muttered a thanks to the two before I heard the door closing and I dozed off.

------------

        Ryouta

           "Leirum... Ummm. I want to ask a question if it's alright?" Violet said and tugged me forward as Violet, Leo and I stood in front of him.

         "What is it?" The young lord asked without even bothering to look up from the book which he was immersed in. The tales of the fallen angels. This guy really plans to know about everything doesn't he?

        "Ryouta! You ask him!" Leo whispered as he nudged me making me shake my head immediately. I'm not taking chances to make him mad.

        "I don't want to. You ask him since you were the one curious about it." I whispered back at him with a frown. "Violet----"

        "No." Was the firm answer of the purple-headed girl as she crossed her arms and made it clear to Leo that she ain't talking.

         "You three, if you plan on just wasting my time then scram." Leirum who looked clearly annoyed raised his head as he glared at the three of us.

         "N-no. I mean... Ahhhh..." Leo stuttered and gulped as Leirum impatiently looked at him. Leo shut his eyes and began talking as we waited for the worst.

          "We wanted to know why in Azeroth did you avoid looking at Muriel!" He said while mustering his courage. We watched silently as Leirum's face turned blank and he returned to reading his book. Really, I don't know why these two pulled me along just to ask a silly question.

         A few seconds have passes without him talking so we decided it was just better to leave because he seemed to have no intentions on telling us why.

         Yeah, we noticed that as much as possible, he avoided looking at Muriel since he touched the human girl earlier to obtain her type of power.

         As we were nearing the door though, he unexpectedly spoke up.

        "I don't know why." He said and we looked back to see him emotionlessly looking at the cover of the book he was reading earlier and deep in thought.

        After that, he said nothing more and we figured that he was talking no more than what he already has.

         We fully went out of the door and left him alone. "Well that figures."

------💙💙

Muriel

          "Muriel! Wake up already! Fifteen minutes left and we'll be having dinner." Someone called out from outside my room,  disturbing me from my peaceful sleep.

        I sat up from my bed and yawned as the knocking continued on my door.  "I get it! I'm coming after I take a bath!" I shouted to whoever was outside to hear it.

       That person left after my shout and I decided to take a bath already. I looked around the room and saw a mahogany door leading to somewhere. Must be the bath I guess.

         I climbed down my bed and walked towards the door, sighing at the blissful feeling of the soft carpet under my bare feet.

          When I opened the mahogany door, my jaw dropped at the luxury inside. There was a small pool-like whatever there, a lot of taps on the left and right side of the pool.

         The floor was covered in white granite tiles that made the place brighter. At the back of the door I entered from, hung a bath robe of velvety golden silk and as excited as I was, I locked the door and stepped out of my clothes which I hung on a rack.

         Looking at the side, I saw a sink and a smooth mirror which reflected my face, golden eyes with a few specks of blue staring back at me.

         I impishly smiled to myself as I walked to the pool, trying the water by soaking my fingers on the surface which created ripples.

           I shuddered at the feeling of the cold water and grimaced inwardly. I really wanted to have a hot bath after all.

         "I hope the water was warmer." I muttered to myself. As soon as the words left my mouth, a blinding light came from the body of water and I reacted by covering my eyes with my hands.

       When the light faded, I cautiously peeped from the hole in between my fingers and saw that everything felt pretty normal.

          What just happened? I shrugged at how weird things are and soaked my toes into the water only to surprise myself at how warm the water is against my skin, making me widen my eyes for the ninth time this day.

        "A pool which grants your wish to turn it warm or cold to your desires,  Cool!" I exclaimed and submerged myself fully into the water that gave me a nothing but bliss.

        "I'm starting to like this place already no matter how weird things here are." I muttered to myself and moved over to the taps when curiosity kicked in as to why such numerous numbers of taps were there for.

         I inspected the taps of silver and saw different carved flowers on each of them. The flowers were unknown to me since this world is different to the world Kevin and I grew up in.

         I shrugged and just opened a tap which bore a flower with petals akin to a star. Bright pink water rushed out from the tap and into the water as a pleasant odor wafted under my nostrils.

        Gosh! This is great! I'll use a different one whenever I take a bath so I could smell all of them.

         When the bright pink liquid diluted in the clear water and made the whole pool bright pink, I closed it and sat back, leaning against the wall of the pool and relaxed.

           I looked then at the right side where higher taps were situated and pondered on what they were for now.

         Maybe for the hair? I wadded in the water and went there, choosing a tap that bore the similar star shaped earlier. True enough, a substance just like of shampoos came out.

       It smelled the same and I brushed it against my blond hair. Looks like my favorite time as of now is taking a bath.

--++--------💙💙

       After having a delicious dinner in the dining hall which Alfreed and Harumi cooked for everyone, Rex started a discussion of how things should be.

          "From tomorrow on wards, you two are going to the academy and learn how to use and control your powers. Kevin, you are only allowed to use your power over two choices, ice manipulation being one to avoid suspicion." Rex said and made it clear to my younger brother that he HAS to follow.

          "And you, control your power on telekinesis, lengthen your patience too and don't go around pointing swords at someone's throat." He said and my eyebrows shot up.

        "Excuse me but I don't go around doing that unless someone harms me one way or another." I defended and some around the table chuckled at this. Rex however kept his face serious.

        It was weird having to listen to someone far younger than you you know?

         "That's the point. I'm not the least bit worst out there. And to top it all, rumors spread like wild fire here. The whole academy should know by now that the Twelve Lords are involved with humans who have abilities of Azerothians." He said and sat back. Leo frowned at his words.

         "Not the least bit worst you say? Shut it Rex. Everyone knows in the academy that you're the worst!" Alfreed countered him with a guffaw.

         The little boy with lavender hair just ignored her though and looked at me. "If word goes out that you two bear golden eyes... Your life will be a mess than it already is. Not to mention that demons and fallen angels will be after your heads if they find out." He said straightforwardly and I choked on my juice.

         "You don't want that do you?" He said with a smirk playing on his lips which made me realize that he ain't just a normal kid and that thing's aren't as simple as how I thought of them.

         I gulped as my hands traveled to my neck. Fallen Angels? Demons? What have Kevin and I gotten ourselves into?

--------💙💙

        Since my sister was bugging me to update today, here you go.

         And to inform you once again, I might not be able to update more than one chapter during the weekdays so please patiently wait for the weekends for me to be able to make it up to you guys.

          Again, thank you.

         Please vote, comment and be a fan.

          -thebadgirl05 at your service! ^_~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 170 17
My lungs and muscles burned. Everything in my body begging me to stop but I had to keep moving. I had to get away. I rather die than go back to that...
597 51 18
They used my vulnerability against me. They used that weapon, to make me accept their stupid idea. And I of course, accepted it, I didn't even know w...
217 92 19
This Young Girl was Bullied and was weak it got worse when she got to high school, her older brother was always so secretive and never spoke to her b...
35.7K 850 18
I walk for what seems to be miles. I stop. I want to cry but I don't. Instead I just look out the window. I'm not for Dauntless. I should have just...