Illegal Attraction

By mylotusflower

*Mature Content* Spencer and her best friend Kaden just moved back to America. After 3 years abroad in board... More

My Adonis
Earth to Donavan
Why do you have to be so perfect?
Let it go baby
Purple and gold eyes
Seriously?
How long?
Not worth it?
New chapter is up but...
Who do you belong to?
What doesn't kill you
Breaking the news
Update is up
Meeting the family
Meeting his family
Meeting his family continued..
Who's to blame?
Aftermath
All mine
The truth
Problems
Who's who?
Family
Losses
Sacrifice
Surprise...
New Life
Blake
Loving Blake

Grendel?...wait..Spencer?

9.3K 396 31
By mylotusflower

Spencer's POV

Before I could fully change and attack Grendel, Donavan had me by the neck, slamming me on the hard concrete driveway.

"Grendel, I thought I told you to stay away from my mate." He growled loudly at me.

Ava whimpered in pain, not physical pain but the emotional pain of having her mate pick someone else over her.

For a few seconds, we stared into each other's eyes, Donavan's angry look turned into a confused one and immediately, I knew why.

The tingles that flowed through my body the minute our bodies made contact was undeniable. Since we had been apart for so long, they were a lot stronger.

I could see the panic in Grendel's eyes when he had touched me, she looked like a deer caught in headlights.

Donavan leaned in, sniffing me. His eyes widened when he took in my scent. He leaned in again to sniff me, nuzzling my neck and I heard his wolf purr in delight.

When he pulled away from me, he turned towards Grendel. She looked terrified.

He looked back over towards me and it was clear what his emotions were. He looked confused and torn. His wolf, who already recognized me and knew who I was, was fighting to take over and claim me as his but his human side still saw me as the evil conniving bitch Grendel.

"Baby?" Grendel called him.

He cocked his head to the side, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Through all this, his hold on my neck never loosened. So, while he was busy sniffing me and watching Grendel, I was struggling to breathe.

I couldn't hold on anymore, my eyes were becoming droopy. I managed to get one last glance at Donavan before my eyes closed shut. Everything stopped.

Donavan's POV

Her eyes, something about her eyes looked familiar but I couldn't quite place it.

Erick was growling at me, telling me to let her go but I couldn't. The human side of me was still a little iffy about her.

She whimpered in pain and I felt like my heart was breaking. This was Grendel for crying out loud, why does she have this effect on me. I already lost Spencer over her once and I had no intentions on losing her again.

I looked at her, analyzing her. I was feeling confused. The tingles flowing through my body the minute I made contact with her was euphoric and I couldn't understand why I would be feeling that with her and not my mate.

When I leaned in to sniff her, her scent immediately registered. She smelt like Spencer.

I could hear Spencer behind me, pleading with me to leave her alone so that we could go back inside but I was too entranced by Grendel to pay any attention to her.

"Baby?" Spencer called out to me.

I turned around to face her but my wolf kept urging me to look away and I eventually did.

'Let her go Donavan.' Erick growled at me.

I didn't understand what he meant until I heard a loud growl from my right. My head immediately snapped in the direction of the the noise and there stood Conrad and Chris, trying to hold back a fuming Kaden.

"What did you do to her?" Kaden growled.

I was confused, why does he care about what I do to Grendel? For crying out loud, she was the enemy.

Conrad, who looked like he was on the verge of shifting himself was glaring murderously at me.

"Son, I'm asking you nicely right now to let go of my daughter." He snarled, still trying to hold back a fuming Kaden.

"Let her go!" Kaden yells before breaking free of his human restraints and running towards me.

I looked down at Grendel, my hands still around her neck. That was when I noticed her eyes were closed shut and I couldn't feel a pulse.

Erick was scratching to get out, he wanted to take over and get to her and it was really starting to irk me. After everything we'd been through with Spencer, he was willingly letting her go for Grendel.

'Stop.' I barked at him.

'Let me out Donavan or so help me God I will come out forcefully and I don't think you want to go through that pain.' He threatened me.

'Back down Erick or I will shut you out. I will not let you ruin what I have with Spencer for this worthless woman.' I growled back at him.

'You have a lot to learn young king, you're only looking at what's in front of you, look at the bigger picture you fucking moron. I swear, if you have hurt my mate and my pups, it will be a cold day in hell for you.' He threatened before shutting me out.

I didn't really read any meaning into what he had said, at the moment I could care less.

I was reaching for Spencer when I felt like a massive boulder hit me and before I could react, I was already on the ground getting my face pummeled in.

"You fucking asshole!" Kaden yelled as he continued to attack me.

For some reason, I couldn't fight back. My wolf wouldn't let me. He took joy in knowing I was suffering, rambling on about how what I was feeling was nothing in comparison to what I put his mate through.

"Kaden!" I heard someone calling him from a distance but it was obvious that he was too far gone.

"Kaden. C'mon Spencer needs you right now and Conrad and I can't touch her without shifting." The voice I now recognized as Chris's said.

At the mention of Spencer, Kaden immediately stopped his onslaught assault on me and started making his way towards Grendel's lifeless body.

I still didn't understand why he was going towards Grendel, Spencer was inside the house, so why was he trying to aide Grendel.

"Why are you helping the bitch? She deserves to die!" I yelled out to him.

I hadn't even had time to take in a breath after that exclamation when I felt Chris's fist connect with my jaw.

The sight of Kaden gently lifting Grendel into his arms sparked some unwanted jealousy in me that I reined in.

"How do you think Spencer feels knowing you betrayed her Kaden? What will she think of her best friend when she finds out he was aiding her enemy? How could you turn your back on Spencer at the time she needed you the most to start associating with Grendel? And you have the audacity to beat me up over Grendel? You too Chris, how do you think your little girl will feel about you trading sides and abandoning her for Grendel? The woman who caused her so much unbearable pain? You should be ashamed of yourselves, you disgust me." I ranted.

By the end of my rant, they all looked at me with the same confused looks gracing their faces.

"What are you talking about son?" Conrad asked me.

Throughout our entire ordeal, Conrad has been the only one who maintained his calm composure, although you could tell he was itching to hit me, it was against werewolf law for an alpha to attack another werewolf unless they were in a war, that was why Kaden and Chris did all the dirty work.

"What do you mean what am I talking about? It's staring you right in the face. Why is Kaden helping Grendel, isn't he supposed to be Spencer's friend? I hope I cut off her air supply long enough for that bitch to die." I yelled out.

"Wait... Why are you calling Spencer Grendel?" Chris asked me.

By now, Kaden was already long gone with Grendel and I could feel my wolf tugging restlessly, urging me to follow them.

"Spencer is inside my house.. Our house right now, probably crying her eyes out about your betrayal to her, that.. That thing Kaden carried out of here is the person you should've been attacking." I yelled, wondering why they weren't even trying to take up for Spencer.

"Something isn't right Conrad, it's obvious he's got his mate confused for someone else." Chris spoke up.

"When was the last time you shifted son." Conrad asked me, looking like he was in deep thought.

"The first time I shifted was the last time I shifted. I don't understand what this has to do with anything." I said, not even trying to hide the clear irritation in my voice.

"Shift." Conrad ordered me.

For some reason, Erick wasn't fighting the command.

"You can't order me around Conrad, alpha or not. I'm still above you." I snarled.

"You're only above me if you're one with your wolf and from what I see, you're not because if you were, whatever spell that is making you think that woman in that house is your mate wouldn't have worked on you. You're a royal, alpha king by birth right but until you and your wolf become one, you are nothing." He explained "Now shift!" He ordered again.

This time, without hesitation I shifted, not being able to fight his order. I couldn't and it shook me to the core. Now, I understood how Spencer felt when I had forced her to bow to me.

"Let your wolf take half the control and bond with his soul." Conrad instructed.

Since I was in wolf form, I couldn't communicate with him and ask him what he meant. I felt myself letting some of my control go and I felt Erick surfacing.

'How am I supposed to bond with your soul?' I asked him

He ignored me, remaining quiet. After a few attempts to get him to talk to me, I got quiet too.

It was then I felt it. I felt pure, zen like, I felt whole. I felt like I was reaching a high state of harmony and all of a sudden, it was gone.

I opened my eyes, realizing I was no longer in wolf form. I was lying in a hospital bed and to my right laid my beautiful mate Spencer.

"I see you finally woke up." A side disgruntled voice spoke from the corner of the room.

I looked up to see a tense looking Kaden, glaring at me like I had stolen something from him.

"What happened to her?" I asked, noticing the needles and tubes she was hooked up to.

"You happened to her." He bit out through clenched teeth.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

It was then he begun telling me the story of what Grendel had done, casting a spell on me to make me believe she was Spencer.

I was shocked to say the least, I couldn't believe I actually fell for it. I should've known it wasn't Spencer, because she acted completely different but being ignorant, I decided to blame her change of character on her miscarriage.

I looked over at my sickly pale mate, the monitor filled the room with its constant beeping, monitoring her heart rate.

Although I didn't need the monitor to hear her heart. With my werewolf hearing, I could hear the thumping of her weak heartbeat but that wasn't all I had heard, there were three more heartbeats that could be heard in the room, one was Kaden's and the other two was coming from Spencer.

"Do you.. Do you hear that?" I asked Kaden.

"The hospital she was taken to when your mother had tried to make her miscarry was a human hospital, they didn't know anything about a werewolf body or a werewolf baby, royal babies for that matter. Royals are born with a special power and your pups shielded themselves when Spencer drunk the tea. The reason why she bled was because they were flushing the poison out of her system, Spencer never had a miscarriage and your twin boys are completely fine." Kaden explained, smiling for the first time since I had woken up.

I couldn't believe it, I was still in a state of shock but Kaden brought me out of it by speaking again.

"Now it's up to Spencer, when you choked her, you cut off her air supply and while she was struggling to breathe, so were the pups. Their survival depends in if she wakes up in the next couple of days because a machine can only do so much." He said, slumping his shoulders in defeat.

I caused all this, I ruined the life of my mate and unborn children, I fucked it all up.

"Congratulations Donavan, the life of your mate and children are hanging on a thin thread and you're to blame for it. Congratu-fucking-lations." He snarled at me before angrily stomping out of the room.

A/N
Hey guys, yes, I know I took forever. Writers block is a bitch. But I hope this makes up for the long wait.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

466K 9K 26
"Edan wanted me to tell you this." He brought his hand on my thigh and dragged it up my dress to reach my panties. He rubbed it softly however, I cou...
178K 4.8K 13
Annabeth always thought of herself as a hopeless romantic, hoping to one day meet her Prince Charming. But after an interesting encounter with the ma...
3.5K 177 38
Enzio's longing for Lana is an endless, aching need. She is his drug. But Lana is conflicted between the man she wants and the Dom she yearns for. Tr...
37M 1.4M 144
"My dad sold me to a pack of werewolves to settle his gambling debt." ❀ "I'm going to count to three," Logan growls. He doesn't have to say the rest...